main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The 7th Hymn of Tiresias- AU -(Luke OCs post Jedi) Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Suddenly Aubé screamed as shards of glass impaled themselves into her side, her cries barely drowning out Luke?s own. So intense was the pain, both physical and spiritual, that neither of them noticed that the storm surrounding them had suddenly stopped.

:eek:

Wow. I need to know what happens, soon! [face_worried]

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh never fear, I will as soon as I get the following chapter down... even a first draft (which I should have off to the beta by tommorow.

You will - O:)

3. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    *pokes thread with a stick*

A nudge to chase out any lurkers.... :p

4. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    :mad:

Run.

Run fast, little Breezy!!!

;)

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmmmm - As I have an extra 4 chapters - including one that will carry the standard version and the clipped version happily in the bag (My poor Red Pen of Death is going to be slammed) I can safely promise that a new chapter will be posted as early as tommorow!!

:*

A PS...

As of 7:30 PM today, the final chapter was sent to The Red Pen of Death, barring an epilogue!

Edited to add - OK, 4 chapters plus an epilouge!!!

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    All kidding and ?Run, Breezy! Run!!? joking aside, this is such a moving scene.

?Kay?? she called to him, her tone softer now as confusion set in. ?My children, Kay? Tamalin has been gone for nearly 6 years... What?s wrong with you??

For a fleeting moment, Kay?leb only stood there, shuddering as if his clothing had been filled with living snakes. His eyes squeezed shut, his hands reaching out blindly.

?Help me, Aubé?? he gasped. ?Please? help me??

*shudders at the image of the snakes* I?m so glad to see that there is something of Kay left? enough to ask for help. After the last scene, I really wasn?t sure there would be.

But it?s only a flicker?

It?s feeding off of this! Luke thought in shocked horror as he ducked another clumsy swing. It?s feeding on Aubé?s rage!

I love the way Luke handled himself ? and everyone else ? throughout. He is truly a Jedi. I love it. I love the ray of hope provided by the ?presence? until?

So intense was the pain, both physical and spiritual, that neither of them noticed that the storm surrounding them had suddenly stopped.

Thank you for making it clear that the pain is spiritual as well as physical. For me that is one of the things that sets this story apart from the others? the delicate yet enduring sense of the ineffable that pervades it.

Bravo!

Love,

THE RED PEN OF DEATH

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    All kidding and ?Run, Breezy! Run!!? joking aside, this is such a moving scene.

Thank you sweety...

?Help me, Aubé?? he gasped. ?Please? help me??

*shudders at the image of the snakes* I?m so glad to see that there is something of Kay left? enough to ask for help. After the last scene, I really wasn?t sure there would be.

Me either.... It was so depressing...

But it?s only a flicker?

Yet it only takes a spark...

It?s feeding off of this! Luke thought in shocked horror as he ducked another clumsy swing. It?s feeding on Aubé?s rage!

I love the way Luke handled himself ? and everyone else ? throughout. He is truly a Jedi. I love it.

It was an experiance to write - Luke really came to the fore and was quite firm about how he would handle things. Soemthing I'll probably go over at the end of all this in the Authors notes...

I love the ray of hope provided by the ?presence? until?

So intense was the pain, both physical and spiritual, that neither of them noticed that the storm surrounding them had suddenly stopped.

Thank you for making it clear that the pain is spiritual as well as physical. For me that is one of the things that sets this story apart from the others? the delicate yet enduring sense of the ineffable that pervades it.

Bravo!

Love,

THE RED PEN OF DEATH

*relief* Some of these essoteric aspects of the story are SO hard to put into words!! Translating Muse speak is often like translating A silent film into Russian, then into Chinese and finally into English!

Thanks so much for your hard work my freind - [face_love]

@};-

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I dreamed you were a prophet in a meadow
    I dreamed I was a mountain in the wind
    I dreamed you knelt and touched me with a flower
    I awoke with this: a flower in my hand ?Denver/Henry, The Wings that Fly Us Home

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias, chapter 30

Schurke lay back in the grass and closed his eyes, the ground cool and soft beneath him. He and Kam loved this place ? a hillside overlooking the Eastern Sea. It was a place of great peace for him, and one they visited all too rarely.

But?

It was nearly day-break, and at the horizon the light was beginning to appear, like a visual chorus? indeed, he could feel it coming, like a tangible thing.

But?

Schurke could hear voices in the background. Kampher, calling to him, and cries in the background. Aubé had probably been teasing her younger brother again. Strange to hear them calling him when he was right there?

He frowned. Something wasn?t right.

Papa! Help us!! It was Kay?leb?s voice?

With some difficulty, Schurke scrambled to his feet. ?Kay?leb?? he called, his voice echoing across the valley. ?Kam?? He felt cold.

Wait?

The chorus grew louder ? now it was a chorus of voices, urging him onward?

Where to?

He remembered Toa coming to the Senate building and telling him that something terrible had happened to Kay?leb. Insisting that they needed to go to the Healer?s center before it was too late?

It is too late? a cold voice spoke up from behind Schurke. I will take what is mine?

Schurke wheeled around to face the voice that had addressed him.

We can drive it out of him, Master, Toa had told him. You, Master Kampher and I! If Master Skywalker can draw its attention away from my Kay-sa ? we can drive it out! We can save him!

Finally, Schurke understood. The thing he faced was the embodiment of the Dark that had plagued his family ? had nearly destroyed his son ? and had now taken form before him. A great, dark, hooded thing with no face ? yet it seemed smaller than the first time he had encountered it in the ruined Jedi Temple on Coruscant? less substantial. Its robes ? the shifting shadows that gave an approximation of dress ? were tattered and frayed, and seemed to break apart, and then reconcile even as the great being stood before him.

I should be afraid? Schurke thought. It wants me to be afraid! But I?m not.

?Aren?t you a little short for the embodiment of the Dark Side?? he quipped, feeling the warmth of the dawn brush his shoulders. ?I seem to remember you appearing to be much more? imposing, the last time we met.?

The creature shivered, and then raised a smoky, accusatory finger. You are lost? it rumbled. I will take your son? your children.

?No,? Schurke replied simply. ?I don?t think so?? He began to laugh. ?You?ve been cast out! This is just a last ditch effort for you isn?t it?? He felt strong, whole, and bathed in the light. ?The Light has come at last, and you just can?t stand it! You feed on fear! On self doubt!?

You are weak? your son is weak. the creature rumbled, but even as it spoke, Schurke could see that it was losing substance, fragmenting. Your victory will be small ? there must be a sacrifice?

Schurke closed his eyes, and yet he could still see the growing brightness ? it was becoming blinding, yet it did not hurt his eyes. He reveled in it; wrapped himself in the warmth and drew strength from it?

Is this how it ends? Schurke thought in wonderment. If I die, will I draw the Dark away from my son? I would do so gladly?

The chorus grew ever louder. It was like a living thing now, becoming one with the Light, making him feel buoyant? free? he could fee pain ? but it was not his own ?
    the Dark thing seemed to scream its rage at being cheated.

?Go back, Schurke.? He felt a warm hand on his shoulder and a new voice ? easily heard over the rest ? spoke softly in his ear. ?The sacrifice was given, m

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    And here I thought the mystery guest was going to be Yoda! :p ;) But Toboo makes much more sense.

I'm still waiting for an epilogue!

@};-

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hmm...giving us a chapter with Anakin in it to try to appease us when Aube's fate is still unknown....[face_frustrated]

12. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Papa! Help us!! It was Kay?leb?s voice?

:eek: Ok - Ok - I swear I'll make a coherent reply - just give me a minute - well, maybe an hour... promise :_|

edit: Right, now I have a moment.

Obviously I was very struck by poor Kay'leb's cry for help. And then on the way to help his child (having one of my own, I could really relate to this) Schurke is blocked by a sinister power. Well of course I went into high gear reading at that point.

You should build rollercoasters Breezy, I think you'd be good at it.[face_mischief]

Is this how it ends? Schurke thought in wonderment. If I die, will I draw the Dark away from my son? I would do so gladly?

So just when I was staring to get all teared up about this - you made absolutely sure I was going to go over the edge with this:

?Go back, Schurke.? He felt a warm hand on his shoulder and a new voice ? easily heard over the rest ? spoke softly in his ear. ?The sacrifice was given, many times over. It?s not time for you to leave yet??

And then:

?Don?t leave me??

?I won?t. Don?t be afraid??

?Not afraid?? she sighed; only wincing as the Healers gently lifted her on to the litter. ?You are with me??

Bittersweet! You're so GOOD at that! It's not fair! It's like you're just toying with us! [face_shame_on_you] But I suppose that's why they call you DARTH breezy, eh?

Seriously though, masterful work of emotional manipulation.

Now... Is she going to live?:eek: (she has too, right?[face_worried])

And I know no one but me likes poor Kay - but what's going to become of him? <snif>

13. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Ok, now I am totally emotionally drained. [face_hypnotized] What a ride!

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Going to sneak in some replies -

I should have subtitled the chapter "Mystery date" huh? :p

Epilogue?? Not for another few chapters!

Well, Aube seems to trust that everything will be well - after all, Luke is with her...

Otay! We shall - *watch I'll have to edit this because RS edits HER posty!! :p

You think you're drained? My muse must have dropped a virtual load of ex-lax! He pounded out the final 3 chapters in a few days!

We had two potential endings... You'll just have to hang tight to see which one won out -

Fair notice, the chapter after the next (32) has two versions - the ever freindly board version and the PM only version - so give me a heads up if you want to read it...

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm glad to see Shurke not afraid of the dark entity.

?Aren?t you a little short for the embodiment of the Dark Side??
    Ha!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Awww, sweet that Anankin would come to him to let himn know it's not yet his time.

Breezy, why does this post really, realy scare me? :( :(

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm back and roasting in 100 degree weather.
    I love seeing Luke in action. glad he realized that the Dark Side was feeding off Aube's anger.

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    How could I resist?

I thought so... Poor Schurke, but I think he got his closuer sat last.

Oh, it shouldn't really!!!

O:)

Eep!!

I hope the trip was safe and uneventful! Now you have to chase out the fan Force down there!!

I was amazed - Luke showed me how a real Master handles recalcitrent students - Granted Aube wasn't a Sith but he finally won her over with good old sense - ben would be proud...

Just a note - I *though* we were done.

Then I realized that the 'last chapter' would decidedly need more than an 'epilouge' to tie things up, so we 'wrote' it down as a full chapter.

*wonderful* says I - THAT will do it!

And then I realised, no... not yet...

So I guess the ride is going to last a bit longer than I expected - (note, I don't use the word 'planned' - the story has unfolded before me much in the same way it has to you - I only write what I see!) The good news is, I have 4 of the next chapters all ready, two of which have already come back from the hard working and much beloved Red Pen of Death, two more, safely in her hands.

The next one will be worked on tonight, and perhaps that will be our true finishing point...

But a little something to chew on, for those who have followed the clan Canallie from the start - a little line that just won't let go...

"Blast Boat 'Angel of Iageo'! Pilot, are you drunk or just out of your skull??"

[face_thinking]

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Haha, it tides me over! Uppies!

jazz

19. rocketscientist

Nov 16, 2005
    <gasp>:eek:

Beautiful new color for Beyond!

*happy bounces*

BTW - can I just tell you how happy I am that there are going to be more chapters? I came along lately to your OCs and I'm not quite ready to be finished reading about them. They feel like family. @};-

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    [face_laugh] (I'll have to remember that! Suffering DRB? Whip out Anakin!! :p )

I too like the new colours - pity they probably won't last!

I'm so glad you're enjoying meeting my 'family' - they are very close to my heart of course. Now if I could only find their other earth bound compatriots - Schurke, however, will always be "Alister Decon" (aka Philip Bretherton)
    [image=http://www.visions-of-you.com/pbretherton/images/pb23.jpg]

and Kay'leb as Glen Carter, close to this image -
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/characters/kayleb2.jpg]

*es teh Hotness!* tee-hee*

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm feeling generous...

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias, chapter 31

We run away all the time to avoid coming face to face with ourselves. ~Author Unknown

For three days, Luke had split his time between the Healing Center with Aubé, and teaching Pemberian how to begin to utilize the gifts of her birthright.

Thankfully, Aubé?s family seemed to understand that he had no desire to speak of the events that had transpired in Kay?leb?s office, and had accepted his quiet rebuffs of the subject over the few meals they had shared.

Luke was glad that everyone was slowly recovering, that all the sick children had responded so well to the cure that Kay?leb and Toa had been working on before?

Before.

He had studiously avoided his com-link, on which Leia had left a plethora of messages.

Nothing urgent, Luke. At least not yet, but I?d like you to come home as soon as you can?

Home.

Coruscant.

But Coruscant wasn?t home. Home was with Aubé and Pem, wherever they were.

?Look, Pay-pa!? Pemberian squealed joyfully, as the three balls she had been attempting to levitate wobbled unsteadily in the air before falling down with a resounding thump. ?I did it! All three at once!?

?Wonderful job, little pilot,? Luke?s sullen demeanor broke into a grin as he folded her into his arms. ?Your Ma-mare will be very proud! But now it?s time for your other lessons, and we can?t keep your Gran-mere waiting.? His knees popped audibly as he rose, eliciting a giggle from his daughter.

?Pay-pa,? Pemberian started shyly as she took his hand. ?When can I see Ma-mere??

?Soon, little pilot,? Luke assured her. He had steadfastly refused to allow Pemberian to go anywhere near the Healer?s Center. ?In fact, I think she?s coming home to us today??

?And Kay and Toa, too??

At the mention of Pem?s uncles, Luke flinched. He tried to mask it, but wasn?t quick enough.

?Pay-pa??

?Yes, I think you?ll see Kay and Toa very soon, but your uncle has been very sick, Pem. He may be at the Healer?s Center for a long time. Your Gran-mere and Toa are taking care of him though, along with many of your friends.?

Now the little girl drew up short, her hand sliding lightly away from Luke?s own.

?Are you leaving us soon, Pay-pa?? she asked solemnly, her eyes wet with tears. ?Are you leaving Ma-mere and me??

?What gives you that idea?? Luke asked, kneeling before her, his knees popping once again. Pemberian, however, seemed not to notice or care. ?Pem?? he whispered softly, cradling her face in both hands and gently wiping away the tears with his thumbs.

With only the barest warning, Pemberian broke out in great braying sobs. ?Gra?mere says you have sand in your boots ? just like your own Pay-pa! That you have itchy feet and can?t stand to stay in one place!? Her sobs dissolved into hitches as Luke drew her closer, sheltering her from the storm of her grief. He stood up, crooning softly as he carried her back to the house where he could already see Kampher waiting anxiously at the door.

What is it? she mouthed to Luke, who only shook his head as he passed her in the door way.

?Do you want to stay with Gra?mere, while I go get your mother?? He asked Pem, carrying her upstairs to her bed. ?If you go to sleep, we?ll be home before you know it??

?You and my Ma-Mere?? Pem mumbled, laying her head on Luke?s shoulder. ?Promise??

?Yes, I promise,? Luke murmured softly into her ear as he gave her a squeeze.

?Gra?mere?s worried, Pay-pa,? Pem told her father solemnly, as she pushed herself back to look Luke in the eye. ?Gra?mere is worried about you.?

?She shouldn?t be, little pilot. Everything is going to be fine, you?ll see.? He gently lay her down on top of the bed, and kissed her forehead. ?Do you want your bantha??

?I gave Vitty to Tao to take to Kay?leb, Pay-pa,? Pem told him earnestly. ?Toa said that it would help Kay because of all the love that Vitty holds! That Vitty was like a battery, all charged up with love, Pay-

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I don't have many words today so I give you this @};-

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Chapter 30

?Aren?t you a little short for the embodiment of the Dark Side??

[face_laugh]

I loved Anakin's appearance in this chapter. Actually, I loved this whole chapter.

Chapter 31

Awww, Pem's so cute! I love her line about her Pay-pa needing an oil bath. And I can't wait for Luke's reunion with Aubé. I'm sure they'll have a lot to talk about...

Wonderful job, Breezy! =D= @};-

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Are you leaving us soon, Pay-pa?? she asked solemnly, her eyes wet with tears. ?Are you leaving Ma-mere and me??

Awwww.... :_| :_|

I worried for a sec when Aubé checked herself out. Very relieved with ?She said you?d know where to find her.?

Wonderful post! [face_love] [face_love]

25. rocketscientist

Nov 16, 2005
    You know, this was really beautiful. So not only are you the mistress of the evil cliffhanger but of the lovely interlude. Not that it wasn't an interlude without some tension ( which is part of what makes it so good). Pem's childish (as in she's a little child) angst was so natural and her father's indecision so appropriate. I'm wondering what it is exactly that he fears to talk about w/ Kam. It is that he doesn't really want to confront the future? Or that he must speak to Aubé first. On that score I don't blame him.

The last passage was so well handled@};- Luke and Aubé must confront their future - and I fear poor Kay will never be quite right (nice viual btw :) but at least he's being cared for.

So what happens next?[face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.