main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The 7th Hymn of Tiresias- AU -(Luke OCs post Jedi) Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oooh On holiday!! *jelous*

But thanks for stopping in - of course I'll look forward to your comments!

The Epilogue has been sent to the Red Pen of Death, and with that, I snag the 500th post!

2. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005

I'm woefully late to the party as always...bloody carriage got stuck in traffic.

But I just wanted to chime in and say that I've enjoyed reading this story, and the ending is wonderful. I'm always interested in fics that go against the EU, and you've done such a lovely job of creating interesting OC's that easily rival profic characters, or just flat out surpass them. Aube is the perfect foil for Luke; tough but caring, steady...those sort of things.

This is not an all-encompassing review, sorry. But I just wanted to set down some note of appreciation for this story.

3. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Wow! Thank you very much!!!!! [face_blush]

I am flattered beyond belief! [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush] as with any author, my OC's are very precious to me.

(And for the record, Aube would NEVER refer to Luke as "Farmboy" - it's one of the few EU referances that I'm aware of, probably because it grates on me so! :p )

Righty, as promised, an Epilogue to our tale, boring authors notes to follw in a few days...

Once upon a time?

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias,

Epilogue

8 years later, at the new Jedi Training center on Naboo?

?Auryn! You turdshined son of a rancor! If you ever touch my data pad again, I?ll stuff you into the fresher, head first! And I won?t stop until you can tell me what uncle Kay ate for dinner last week!?

?It was Cousin Jacen?s idea, Pi!?

Luke groaned and covered his head with a pillow. Next to him, Aubé still slept soundly, oblivious to the shouts emanating from the other room. You would sleep through a planet-wide quake, my dear, he thought as he reluctantly pulled on his sleep pants. All the Jedi training in the galaxy couldn?t prepare a man for dealing with a teenage daughter?

Luke had barely pulled the trousers over his hips when the blond, brown eyed missile that was his 7 year old son flew into his arms. ?Pay-pa!? he cried. ?Pi has been writing gushy love letters instead of doing her lessons again!?

Holding his son close to his heart, Luke nodded in understanding. ?Let?s go talk to your sister out on the balcony, Auryn,? he said softly. ?Leave your Ma-mere to sleep.?

?She?s not sleeping, Pay-pa,? Auryn corrected him, whispering in his father?s ear. ?She?s only pretending because Pi will listen to you!?

Luke pursed his lips, then shook his head. ?Why don?t you go see if first meal is ready, then ? and tell Jacen that if he has time to splice into his cousin?s data pad, he has time to for extra saber practice. I expect to see some improvement by mid-day. I?ll go talk to your sister.?

?Yes, Pay-pa!? Auryn cried gleefully, dashing through the narrow passageways of the old monastery.

?What time is it?? came a sleepy mumble from the heap of bedclothes behind him. ?Luke, it?s barely first light??

?It?s later than you think, Bé,? Luke replied good naturedly. ?Han and Leia are coming after first meal as a stop over before going on to Hapes...?

?Bit of a detour isn?t it? Coruscant to Hapes, via Naboo??

Luke grabbed a handful of covers, pleased to find that he was fast enough to catch her foot as well, eliciting a squeal and a flurry of kicking feet. He continued, completely
    non-plussed, ?Well, if you hadn?t seen your eldest in five months, wouldn?t you??

The struggling stopped with a heavy sigh. ?Speaking of eldest??

?I?m going right now,? Luke finished with a grin. ?But I?ll be back for you later??

He heard the voices long before he actually reached the balcony, and paused. Whoever Pem was speaking to was doing his very best not to be overheard ? or even noticed ?
    but his Force signature sang in the air, dancing merrily with Pem?s.

With great care, Luke looked around the corner of the balustrade, but his caution was for naught, for neither Pemberian nor her young suitor was aware of anything but each other.

Luke had seen the young man before; he was from the village to the east. A native o

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    congrats on finishing. I know you had some tough times to go through.

5. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    OH MY!!!! That was VERY good Breezy! :D :D

Totally delightful from start to finish!@};- What a wonderful look into the future! I'm so pleased with this outcome.

The kids were so - kid like...;) so there's three of them[face_love] and the young fellow on the balcony - so sweet!

The moment seemed to draw out forever, but in that instant, Luke could see the end results of that simple little kiss. His and Aubé?s grand children, their great grand children, and possibly a hundred generations and beyond. In that instant, he was eternal.

With an imperceptible tilt of his head, Luke granted his blessing, as if to say ?Next time, use the front door,? and returned to the bedroom he shared with his wife.

Wonderful! Just wonderful! @};-

Sorry I'm not being more analytical - I'm just overwhelmed by the nice happy feeling.[face_batting]

Thanks again Breezy! Great fic!

6. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, great end! Haha, with Schurke, Kam and Anakin as family, like Pem would be anything but that!

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I don't see Pem as a Healer. And the references throughout the story of Little Pilot point to her being a pilot. Then again, her father is both a pilot and a Knight.

;)

Lovely ending to this installment. :D [Yes, that is implicated that I expect more :p]

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Amazing! :eek:

Tobaian was dressed in a brown rough jerkin and leggings. His dark hair, long and pulled back into a woven tail, was full of brambles and burs, as if he had crept through the hedgerow to avoid detection. The boy swallowed hard, and offered a speechless, curt nod, not taking his eyes from Luke, even as Pemberian shyly took his hand.

The moment seemed to draw out forever, but in that instant, Luke could see the end results of that simple little kiss. His and Aubé?s grand children, their great grand children, and possibly a hundred generations and beyond. In that instant, he was eternal.

With an imperceptible tilt of his head, Luke granted his blessing, as if to say ?Next time, use the front door,? and returned to the bedroom he shared with his wife

Absolutely perfect! =D=

9. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    You know, they say it's better late than never...[face_worried] At least I'll be able to congratulate you for finishing it! :D Lovely story!

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh Breezy, that was thoroughly delightful and satisfying and ending. I loved seeing into the future and how Luke could sense his family's future with his teenage daughter's suitor.

Totally sweet!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Aww, in one gesture, the future speaks. :D

And it's nice of Luke to be so...understanding. Unlike most other fathers, he's not going to be there with the blaster full of rock salt waiting for that kid the next time he comes snooping around...whew.

Sweet ending to the story. A perfect way to round things out.

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    That was absolutely perfect. [face_love] They're such a real family.

These lines gave me the same feeling I get on a perfect summer day. *happy sigh*

Beautiful story, Breezy! =D= @};- Thank you for sharing it.

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Replies time!

RebelMom

congrats on finishing. I know you had some tough times to go through.

Thank you - It has been a long strange trip this past year...

rocketscientist

OH MY!!!! That was VERY good Breezy! grin grin

Thank you!

Totally delightful from start to finish! rose What a wonderful look into the future! I'm so pleased with this outcome.

Oh I am glad - as you can see, Kay hasn't been completely estranged from the family - and where Kay is, I doubt Toa is far behind.

The kids were so - kid like... wink so there's three of them love and the young fellow on the balcony - so sweet!

Yes, a tiny nod to the EU with Cousin Jacen - just a tini one!

With an imperceptible tilt of his head, Luke granted his blessing, as if to say ?Next time, use the front door,? and returned to the bedroom he shared with his wife.

Wonderful! Just wonderful! rose

Thank you!

Sorry I'm not being more analytical - I'm just overwhelmed by the nice happy feeling. batting

Thanks again Breezy! Great fic!

Oh I'm just glad to see you!!

Jazz_Skywalker

Oh, great end! Haha, with Schurke, Kam and Anakin as family, like Pem would be anything but that!

*tee-hee*

Jada

I don't see Pem as a Healer. And the references throughout the story of Little Pilot point to her being a pilot. Then again, her father is both a pilot and a Knight.

wink

Lovely ending to this installment. grin [Yes, that is implicated that I expect more tongue ]

Very true - her mother is a pilot too so I wouldn't be surprised to 'hear' that Pem spends a lot of time retrofitting an old X wing....

VaderLVR64

Amazing! shock

Absolutely perfect! applause

Thank you! I'm glad you liked how we tied thigs up...

Golden_Jedi

You know, they say it's better late than never... worried At least I'll be able to congratulate you for finishing it! grin Lovely story!

Oh! Blesssings! I hope to see 'more of you' soon O:) [face_thinking]

Healer_Leona

Oh Breezy, that was thoroughly delightful and satisfying and ending. I loved seeing into the future and how Luke could sense his family's future with his teenage daughter's suitor.

Totally sweet!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Thank you for reading! I am very curious as to how things 'start out with pem and her laddy!

leiamoody

Aww, in one gesture, the future speaks. grin

And it's nice of Luke to be so...understanding. Unlike most other fathers, he's not going to be there with the blaster full of rock salt waiting for that kid the next time he comes snooping around...whew.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] The way he was sneaking about,I'm sure he expected it!

Sweet ending to the story. A perfect way to round things out.

Thank you!

amidalachick

That was absolutely perfect. love They're such a real family.

Awww - I like to think so -

These lines gave me the same feeling I get on a perfect summer day. *happy sigh*

*sigh* What a lovely thought...

Beautiful story, Breezy! appla

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    A few closing thoughts, unless anyone else drops a line we'll be drawing the curtain closed after this - but only for a little while.

First, as always I want to say Thank you and bright blessings to all 'my' readers... Your encouragement and kind words for this story have seen me through some real storms....

Special love to my Red Pen of Death, Geo3 who's tag teaming with my muse has made for a wonderous journey....

As you can see, We left a rather gaping hole in the timeline - but rest assured, that even as you read this, the missing time is slowly being filled out here and there, with the help of a very gifted Han/Liea writer - [face_shhh] Details soon!

*** Before we sign off, I want to plug a few of my favorite stories - All of these authors have a plethura of works to choose from, but I'll start you off with one to wet your appitites!

In no particular order:

Geo3 And Brother Mine - it's one of my all time favorite stories, and an 'easy' introduction to Geo's works.

Golden_Jedi

Blood of A Jedi - Just WOW!

VaderLVR64

Not My Father's Son - I'm not into Mara Jade at all, but this peice is so wonderful, I can easily overlook my prejediouses.

rocketscientist

Doppleganger - Anakin and Vader are two different people - really [face_devil]

What are you waiting for??? :p

15. terribletimestwo

terribletimestwo Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Oooh! I loved it all. I had to get caught up and read five chapters at once.

I think my favorite things about this story is that no matter what your age you are never too old or too young to love. The epilouge really left me smiling when Luke catches his daughter with a boy. What can I say your a wonderful writer and have a nice way of showing us a characters full arc without beating the reader over the head.

Oh, and can I get a pm of chapter 32 please?

Thanks for the story,

Terrible Times Two

16. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier--we've had family visiting.

Mmmmmm, good epilogue. Good story. :)

Auryn! You turdshined son of a rancor! If you ever touch my data pad again, I?ll stuff you into the fresher, head first! And I won?t stop until you can tell me what uncle Kay ate for dinner last week!
    Hehe! I see Pem is undeniably her mother's daughter. I hope that Tobaian has sufficient backbone! Oh, and YAY Uncle Kay!

She?s not sleeping, Pay-pa,? Auryn corrected him, whispering in his father?s ear. ?She?s only pretending because Pi will listen to you!
    [face_laugh] I love Aube!

And did our little love-bunnies really stop at just two kids?

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh no prob! Glad to see you here! :)

Yay! I'm glad you liked it! And yes, Pem is definately her mother's daughter - but she has the Skywalker quiet intensity of her daddy when it comes to actually 'confronting' her father about her suitor...

She really makes me laugh - but I know a secret! [face_shhh]

I guess so, (*holds tounge* in referance to a secret I know!!)

OK, I'll confess!

To my utter delight, there is a NEW story in the works!!!!

I have a writing partner who's very blessed in so much as she has a gift for the 'other half' of clan Skywalker - (and her Luke is no slouch either) and the four raw chapters we have so far blend together beautifully. We're shooting for a Septemberish start to make sure that our other life commitments don't get banged around and the story quality stays as top notched as it has been so far!

To wet your whistle, a little bit of a tease!! where Madam meets Himself under these new circumstances...

?Now hold on here, Nails,? Han said dryly. ?You keep calling me ?Sir? and I?m going to be looking around for Goldenrod. What I?m sayin?, is I think you?ve grown *soft* ? I don?t think you could hold your own in a good game of Sabacc!?

Aubé snorted. ?Is that a challenge??

Han offered her a lopsided grin, ?I?m just saying?? He reached into a small drawer in the desk beside him and pulled out a deck of cards.

?Stakes??

?Lady?s choice.?

Aubé grinned wolfishly. Removing a cigar from the portable humidor on the table, she rolled it expertly between her fingertips, pausing to caress its length suggestively as she considered...

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    :_|I'm out of it for a little while, and the whole story ends!!!

Beautiful ending, Breezy. Thanks for taking us along for the ride! =D=@};-

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Oh don't cry!! As I said, there is a new story in the works -

I will forever be greatful to my [face_skull] RED PEN OF DEATH,[face_skull] geo3 (Whom I hope will come out and take a bow) for nearly 4 freaking years of making sure that this and every story was ready to share... @};-[:D][face_love]:*

The next story, as teased above, will be co-writen by the wonderfully talented Golden_Jedi ,@};- who's wonderful ear for the characters, especially Han and Liea (whom I've had only a passing nod with) will compiment and streangthan this new piece - I can't wait.

I would also like to thank VaderLVR64 in advance for agreeing to take on 'clean up' duties for us - This will give my beloved freind a chance to actually enjoy a story, and at long last, be able to enjoy a story for story's sake. Hopefuly, the lessons learned under her patience will make Mamma Vader's@};- job easier... [face_batting]

We'll be starting someday very soon, and if you wish to be on the PM list. please let us know!

Just say you wish to join us on our journey, and listen to "The Song of Sanatana"...

:*

Breezy

20. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Oh, my dear, it has been an absolute pleasure. I have watched your original characters grow into themselves from their earliest beginnings, and I have to say... like the Velveteen Rabbit, they have become REAL. And you are the fairy who transformed them.

I thought your epilogue was perfection, by the way - another one of your patented deft, charming and deeply insightful glimspes into the heart and soul of the characters, while ensuring that on some level, at least, they will live on. It made me all misty because I wondered whether this would be the end of the Kam/Shurke and now Luke/Aube stories as we have come to love them.

So I was thrilled to hear that they are moving on into new territory. A new story, and with a partner! It just shows the strength and individuality of the characters when they begin to mesh withother worlds and to make a difference in them. Bravo. It is something to look forward to!

Thanks for all your stories, and for whatever is yet to come...

=D= @};- [:D]

geo3 ("The Red Pen of Death" no more!)

21. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Since I am very late to this party, I can only add that the Epilogue, which can always be very tricky things, fit perfectly and just seemed right.

As alwyas your originals charcaters are three-dimensional and real in a way that is oft difficult to do well.

Oh, and I whole heartedly agree with the recomendation of "Brother Mine" by Geo3. In my opinion, it may be the best piece of short fiction ever posted on these boards.

Breezy, as one writer to another thank you so much for giving us this wonderful world of yours!

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm going to cheat and do my last two replies in reverse order....

It was very good to see you again - it's always worrying when long term readers drop off the thread... ;)

The Epilogue - in all honesty it was written this way because I KNEW that the journey to the Core, and the subsequent meeting the inlaws ect ect would be int he relm of a story in and of itself, and dealing with characters that I wasn't sure that I could do justice with.

I've been blessed in the fact that Goldie has accepted the mad offer to tag team with me as her Han and Leia, in the words of the Red Pen of Death Sing.... We have nearly six chapters ready to polish, and hopefully will begin posting soon...

Yes, most definately...

Comming form someone who writes wonderful OC's of his own,I'm very flattered.

And I thank you for reading and comming back!

I had a lot of help along the way.... @};-

As Luke saw, they are 'infinate'....

I feel very blessed - so far the story is flowing together wonderfully - it blends and sings.... the Solo has become a duet...

Thank YOU my freind... for everything...

@};-

Note that soon I'll post a link to the new story here, so stay tuned....

23. Louie_and_Rick

Louie_and_Rick Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    This is a post from the Sock that Louie (AKA Golden_Jedi) and Rick (AKA DarthBreezy) will be using to post the Sequal!

If you wish to be on the PM list, please drop a line of either of us or this sock!

24. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Unlocked and upped by request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.