main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The 7th Hymn of Tiresias- AU -(Luke OCs post Jedi) Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Yes, I know, I am late.

I do however want to pick up on something that Red Pen of Death mentioned, the relationships here are built on a history that Luke doesn't have.

I can't help but think that Luke's relationship with Aube will be wounded for a very long time by 'high-minded' decisions that she made that gravely effected Luke's life, but that were made without his consent. He's being more even keeled than I would be...(It's the Kalinadian in me).

Oh, and as one of the authors that you've allowed to borrow your OCs (however briefly), thanks for them.

2. jedi-isis

jedi-isis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2005
    Just a reminder, Breezy,

I better not be dropped from your PM list for any reason!:mad:

Hope you have a great vacay, especially in Lunnon! Come back loaded with ideas for your Hymn.[face_laugh]

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes, his relationships are with Liea, Han et all... now it's time for him to move on and find his place here.

I can't help but think that Luke's relationship with Aube will be wounded for a very long time by 'high-minded' decisions that she made that gravely effected Luke's life, but that were made without his consent. He's being more even keeled than I would be...(It's the Kalinadian in me).

I don't know, I mean, Luke himself was actually hiddenfor his own good... I think he may have issues but not as much so as a 'normal' person.
    We'll just have to see...

Oh, and as one of the authors that you've allowed to borrow your OCs (however briefly), thanks for them.

Any time my dear, any time. [:D]

Thank you dear, that means a lot.[:D]

Hope you have a great vacay, especially in Lunnon! Come back loaded with ideas for your Hymn.[face_laugh]

Oh I will!

I have the next post in hand and need to fix the beta and then clip it down to the 'hundred or so postable bits'.[face_laugh]

Should have it up tonight!

@};-

ON Reflection:

Chapter 6 has barely a paragraph that is 'board freindly', so I'll be combining 6 and 7 for posting purposes.

If you wish to have the FULL version of six, please let me know before MOnday the 19th!

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Righty! Here is chapter 6/7...

If you wish to have the full version of 6, please pm me BEFORE Monday Morning - 8 AM is Board time...

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias

Chapter 7

Go to the truth beyond the mind. Love is the bridge. ? Stephen Levine

Luke awoke early the next morning, alone once again.

Worse than alone.

I asked her to marry me and she said no, he thought despairingly. And now, she isn?t even able to tell me why?

He sighed, knowing that he would have to face them all eventually, but he just didn?t feel ready.

She said no?

He sighed again, and began to dress.

At last, Luke went down to the table to find only Schurke and Kampher sitting there alone.

?Luke,? Kam said softly. ?We heard about what happened last night.? She rose to embrace him, taking him into her arms as only a mother could. Schurke too rose, and patted Luke?s arm. To his horror, Luke found himself on the verge of tears.

Kampher held him tighter. ?It?s all right Luke,? she murmured softly. Her words and embrace thawed the ice Luke felt closing around his heart.

?Thank you Kam,? he replied softly. ?I? It?s my own fault??

?No, Luke,? said Kampher, only to be interrupted by a very impatient Schurke.

?Kam, he?s just been kicked in the sensitives by a full grown Shakk,? Schurke grumbled. ?The boy needs feeding and a good talking up by one who?s been there?. Get this boy some real food and let me handle the rest.?

He took Luke by the arm and led him into the sitting room, only slightly leaning on his walking stick.

?Where is everyone?? Luke asked, feeling alternately better for their absence and perhaps even more lost than he had before.

?Aubé took Pem and the boys out for a walk,? Schurke said evenly. ?Luke, she was very upset this morning.?

?She wasn?t the only one.?

?Luke,? Schurke said sternly. ?Don?t judge her too harshly. She?s just afraid.?

?Afraid of what?? Luke retorted a little angrily. ?Doesn?t she understand that I love her??

Schurke?s lips grew thin, a look that reminded Luke uncomfortably of Aubé.

?You asked her to be your wife,? Schurke said softly.

Luke raised his head proudly. ?Yes,? he said without hesitation. ?Yes I did.?

Schurke would not be detoured. ?After you implied that she had been? shall we say free with her choice of lovers??

?But I never? ?

Schurke waved him off dismissively. ?Not that it actually matters. Luke, you told her you loved her during an act of passion, not before.?

Luke lowered his eyes, unable to reply.

?Schurke was the exact same way,? Kampher said softly as she carried in a plate of tempting food. ?I believe he told Anakin that he loved me long before he ever said it to me. In fact, it was due to his urging that Schurke said anything at all.? She set the plate of food down in front of Luke, who suddenly realized that he might be hungry after all.

?My father?? Luke said, brightening a little around a mouthful of food. ?I guess he wanted his friends to be happy??

Schurke burst into joyous bouts of laughter. ?Your father was a passionate man! I believe he thought everyone should be in love, too?"

Kampher rolled her eyes. ?Schurke, you know it wasn?t that simple.?

?I do,? Schurke rumbled thoughtfully, planting a tender kiss on his wife?s forehead.

Feeling a little self conscious, Luke cleared his throat.

Kampher leaned easily into Schurke?s single-armed embrace.

?You love her,? Kam said. It wasn?t a question.

?Yes.?

?And Pem?? Schurke added softly. ?Luke, the life of a Jedi Master??

?It?s time to start fresh,? Luke murmured softly. ?The Jedi need a place to train. Not at the old Temple though, someplace new.?

?You have a place in mind?? Kampher asked, rising to take the dishes. ?As if I couldn?t guess.?

?There?s a place on Naboo,? Luke said softly. ?I found out about it when I was going through my father?s files. It?s in the Lake Country.?

?A good place to raise a family,? Kam

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yup yup, sounds like they need to have a nice, long talk...

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, a long talk without sex. They need clear heads.

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004

?There?s a place on Naboo,? Luke said softly. ?I found out about it when I was going through my father?s files. It?s in the Lake Country.?

=D=

Lovely idea.

Wow, I have chills.

@};-

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I agree - now to actually get them to DO it...

Without teh SEX?:eek:

But yes, I think in their case Sex is a bit of a barrier insted of bringing them together.

Thanks for popping in!

*evil laugh*

If I do get them to the Lake Country, it will be an interesting experiance for all of us (the characters and myself included) as I'll have to dig deep into some pre-'Canaille' fics for some details - I like to keep continuality in my own 'Breezy Verse' after all.:)

@};-

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I felt so bad for poor Luke. Glad to see that both Schurke and Kampher explained some of the things Aube is unable to to him. I wonder what this favor is??

Excellent post Breezy.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    It took me a while to find the time to sit down and get to read this. Sigh... It was worth the wait! :D

=D=

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    We have been so thoroughly bonded we don?t even need the tea ceremony my mother is so fond of.

Taking the soul mate relationship to an even deeper level...I like this. I really like Toa as a character.

Poor Luke--getting turned down. :(

?Kam, he?s just been kicked in the sensitives by a full grown Shakk,? Schurke grumbled. ?The boy needs feeding and a good talking up by one who?s been there?. Get this boy some real food and let me handle the rest.?

God, I love Schurke. Great lines there. I like the way both Schurke and Kam took care of Luke.

?Your father was a passionate man! I believe he thought everyone should be in love, too?"

He's definitely got the measure on Ani there. ;)

And yes, I definitely think Luke and Aube need to have a nice long talk--maybe with their hands tied behind their backs? [face_mischief]

Looking forward to more--and you know you don't even need to ask me if I want to see the PM chapters. ;)

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Yes, I think Schurke and Kam will help put things on an even Keel...

Glad you found the time! [:D]

Yes, Toa and Kay... as apposed to poor Luke..

God, I love Schurke. Great lines there. I like the way both Schurke and Kam took care of Luke.

Aww, well you know Schurke... Been there, lived through that!

?Your father was a passionate man! I believe he thought everyone should be in love, too?"

He's definitely got the measure on Ani there. ;)

I think it's important for Luke ot hear about the GOOD side of his father...

And yes, I definitely think Luke and Aube need to have a nice long talk--maybe with their hands tied behind their backs? [face_mischief]

[face_laugh]ROTLMAO!!!!!![face_laugh]

Looking forward to more--and you know you don't even need to ask me if I want to see the PM chapters. ;)

IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT!!

Since I'll be gone for the next 7 days, I have asked and have graciously have had accepted that
    Dark_Lady_Jada
    Will take PM chapter request in case you missed it...

On that note, I'll peek in tommorow before I leave for the airport, but I want to leave you all with this....

From me, my Muse, and the extended Canaille family...

Alfie: The Christmas Tree

by John Denver

Did you ever hear the story of the Christmas Tree
    who just didn't want to change the show
    He liked living in the woods and playing with squirrels
    He liked icicles and snow.

He liked wolves and eagles and grizzly bears
    and critters and creatures that crawled
    Why bugs were some of his very best friends
    Spiders and ants and all.

Now that's not to say that he ever looked down
    on the vision of twinkling lights
    Or on mirrored bubbles and peppermint canes
    And a thousand other delights

And he often had dreams of tiny reindeer
    and a jolly old man and a sleigh full of toys
    and presents and wonderful things
    And the story of Christmas Day

Oh, Alfie believed in Chrismas all right
    He was full of Christmas cheer
    All of each and every day
    and all throughout the year

To him it was more than a special time
    much more than a special day
    It was more than a beautiful story
    It was a special kind of way

You see, some folks have never heard a jingle bell ring
    And they've never heard of Santa Claus
    They've never heard the story of the son of God
    And that made Alfie pause.

Did that mean that they'd never know of peace on earth
    or the brotherhood of man
    Or know how to love, or know how to give
    If they can't...no one can.

You see, life is a very special kind of thing
    not just for a chosen few
    But for each and every living breathing thing
    Not just me and you

So in your Christmas prayers this year
    Alfie asked me if I'd ask you
    Say a prayer for the wind, and the water, and the wood
    And those who live there, too.

-John Denver

13. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Just a reminder you can PM me for the PM chapter. :D

14. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Great update, but I am still mad at Aube--I think she's being unfair to Luke. But then, I have a soft spot for Luke, lol.

15. jedi-isis

Aug 11, 2005
    Breezy,
    Thank you for the Christmas Tree from your John Denver archives. =D= That was simply a wonderful treat for this holiday season. I really needed the usual beauty of Denver lyrics. As always they soothe the angst of the shopping miseries.[:D]
    Will post to your Chapter 7 a little later when the hassle has subsided.

16. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Just popping in to say "Happy Christmas everyone!"

:* [face_love]

17. jedi-isis

Aug 11, 2005
    First of all Breezy, let me thank you for the hot PM. Fireships needed for that one[face_blush] :D [face_batting]
    What can I say, but Aubé has to have more faith in Luke and that the proposal could have been an honest one instead of in the heat of passion. It continues to amaze me that Kam and Schurke have more of an understanding of the situation than their daughter.
    However, I just doubled over with laughter at this line:
    ?Kam, he?s just been kicked in the sensitives by a full grown Shakk.."[face_laugh]
    Couldn't have said it better myself! But I hate that she has to go into full retreat instead of curling up with a good Jedi and pouring out her heart instead of having her parents offer the information. Just a little cowardly in my estimation.[face_frustrated]
    ?It?s time to start fresh,? Luke murmured softly. ?The Jedi need a place to train. Not at the old Temple though, someplace new.? ?There?s a place on Naboo,? Luke said softly. ?I found out about it when I was going through my father?s files. It?s in the Lake Country.?
    Yes, this is a tremendous suggestion. The old Temple has too many rememberences and bad memories that linger in the very stone of it's foundation and that evil presence gives me the shivers.[face_worried]
    ?Luke? it?s been a long time since you?ve seen her?? Kam said gently. ?And you haven?t really talked have you?? Yah, Luke, you blush to the roots of your hair. Passion runs hot in those Skywalker men. Like father, like son.:*

?Master Canaille, I?ll need a speeder.? said Luke with a determined note. ?And a favor.?
    WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT! What favor???? Time off? Insurance from Kam? A secluded love nest? Cut me a break Breezy. You are so mean! This is just plain not fair.[face_not_talking] [face_shame_on_you]

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Home again home again... Proper replies this afters :*

Shhh - and possibly a new chapter!

19. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I think everyone else has already said this, but I'll say it anyway. Luke, dear, you need to talk to Aube. Just talk. Nothing else. [face_mischief] :p

And...a favor? I wonder what that'll be. [face_thinking]

Great post, Breezy!

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Righty ho!
    Replies time, and I'll post chapter 8 tommorow as it still needs to be trimmed (IE Yes there is a PM version! [face_blush])

Dark_Lady_Jada

Just a reminder you can PM me for the PM chapter. grin

Thanks for holding down the fort for me my dear! [:D]

Anakins_Force

Great update, but I am still mad at Aube--I think she's being unfair to Luke. But then, I have a soft spot for Luke, lol.

LOL! Yes, I think Luke is being so nice, all things considered...

jedi-isis

Thank you for the Christmas Tree from your John Denver archives. applause That was simply a wonderful treat for this holiday season. I really needed the usual beauty of Denver lyrics. As always they soothe the angst of the shopping miseries. hugs
    Will post to your Chapter 7 a little later when the hassle has subsided.

I hope things stayed calm for you! And I love that poem.... It sums up Christmas for me.

jedi-isis

First of all Breezy, let me thank you for the hot PM. Fireships needed for that one blush grin batting

*tee-hee*
    Passionate these men are!

What can I say, but Aubé has to have more faith in Luke and that the proposal could have been an honest one instead of in the heat of passion.

Ahh yes, there in lies the rub...

It continues to amaze me that Kam and Schurke have more of an understanding of the situation than their daughter.
    However, I just doubled over with laughter at this line:
    ?Kam, he?s just been kicked in the sensitives by a full grown Shakk.." laugh
    Couldn't have said it better myself! But I hate that she has to go into full retreat instead of curling up with a good Jedi and pouring out her heart instead of having her parents offer the information. Just a little cowardly in my estimation. frustrated

I love the Canaille family - so open and honest...
    But yes, I think Miss A needs a good swift kick in the tushie...

?It?s time to start fresh,? Luke murmured softly. ?The Jedi need a place to train. Not at the old Temple though, someplace new.? ?There?s a place on Naboo,? Luke said softly. ?I found out about it when I was going through my father?s files. It?s in the Lake Country.?

Yes, this is a tremendous suggestion. The old Temple has too many rememberences and bad memories that linger in the very stone of it's foundation and that evil presence gives me the shivers. worried

Yes, yes, soon - however, we have an issue that's closer to home to address first...

?Luke? it?s been a long time since you?ve seen her?? Kam said gently. ?And you haven?t really talked have you?? Yah, Luke, you blush to the roots of your hair. Passion runs hot in those Skywalker men. Like father, like son. kiss

As we will see, Luke's no slouch either, madam may have caught him off gaurd but I think he'll get even... [face_devil]

?Master Canaille, I?ll need a speeder.? said Luke with a determined note. ?And a favor.?

WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT! What favor???? Time off? Insurance from Kam? A secluded love nest? Cut me a break Breezy. You are so mean! This is just plain not fair. not_talking shame_on_you

Oh yes... the favor.. and it's not the speeder either...:D

amidalachick

I think everyone else has already said this, but I'll say it anyway. Luke, dear, you need to talk to Aube. Just talk. Nothing else. mischief tongue

Yes yes yes...

And...a favor? I wonder what that'll be. thinking

Great post, Breezy!

We'll find out soon enough!

Right, cross eyed tired I am, 12 hours of flying surrounded by screaming children....

SO! New post tommorow at the latest - (If I tried to edit right now I'd probably goof and post the full version!:eek: )

:*

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Alrighty then!
    Here's the edited version of Chapter 8...

If I've grown Senile and forgotten to send you the PM version, please let me know!

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias

Chapter 8

A blessed thing it is for any man or woman to have a friend,
    one human soul whom we can trust utterly,
    who knows the best and worst of us,
    and who loves us in spite of all our faults. ? Charles Kingsley

Luke sped through the Corellian country side on the swoop that Schurke had loaned him, relishing the thrum in his blood, in his soul?

This will get you where you need to go, Luke, Schurke had told him with an unmistakable gleam in his eye. And if you?re actually careful, in one piece.

He had taken the swoop with thanks and the half hearted promise to be careful, but now that he was out on the open road?

There it is, just where Master Canaille said it would be.

It was south of the city, south of the ?Old Corellian war site?? A small isthmus and abandoned building right on the edge of the sea.

Not wanting to catch Aubé off guard, he consciously sent out warm greetings into the Force, wondering if she was perceptive enough to pick up his presence. To his delight, she was, and he felt the warmth of welcome being sent back out to him.

He stopped the swoop several feet away, and carrying a small parcel of food, walked towards Aubé, who was going through a routine of simple Katanas.

And from the waist up she was bare.

She stopped mid-stride, and with her back still turned to him, called out a gentle greeting.

Luke could only stand and stare like a callow school boy. She turned to face him at last, arms crossed across her breasts, hands lightly holding her elbows, the midmorning sunlight reflected on the water behind her.

She was enchanting?

??Lo Aubé,? he said at last. ?They said I could find you here. I hope I?m not disturbing you??

She smiled sadly, unconsciously raising her arms a little higher.

?Oh, of course not?? she said softly, not moving from her spot.

?I? I brought you something for mid-day meal,? Luke stammered, but he wanted to shout, Why do you have to make things so difficult, Aubé??

?Thank you?? Aubé lowered her head slightly, watching him from beneath her long eyelashes. Her expression remained unchanged, but Luke was almost certain he caught a hint of? confusion?

Luke sighed in only semi exasperation. ?Well, unless you want me to feed it to you, I?m afraid you?ll have to come over here.? He cocked an appreciative eyebrow. ?And drop your arms??

Now Luke saw a distinctive glimmer in her eyes, one of amusement. ?And if I don?t??

Wordlessly, and not taking his eyes off of her for a moment Luke removed his boots and tossed them carelessly aside. The sand on the beach felt warm between his toes. A smile graced his face as Aubé began to walk into the foamy surf toward her, laughing and kicking up droplets of the sea.

It was only when he was a hairs-breath away from her that she began to run, splashing him as she dashed gaily away. In a last ditch attempt to slow her pursuer, she turned suddenly and scooped up great handfuls of water to toss at his chest, thoroughly soaking him..

Without warning, Luke made a mighty leap, and landed less than gracefully behind her. In one swift moment had scooped her up into his arms as easily as he had done so with Pem the night before.

?No fair, Skywalker!? she squealed indignantly, banging her fists against his chest as he carried her back to the shore. Luke only held her closer, effectively trapping her arms against his chest.

?You?re slipping, Nails,? he chuckled, shaking his head. ?Now, where should I put you??

?Back on the blanket in the shelter,? she grumbled. ?Where my clothes are.?

Luke paused on the beach with his prize, considering. ?I don?t know about that, I think you look quite fetching as you are??

Aubé snorted. ?We?re wet, and it?ll get cold??

?A blanket it is then,? Luke said agreeably walking towards the shelter again. He was quiet

22. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    DarthBreezy

Welcome back! Happy Holidays!

I'm still getting caught up on this plot line so I may not yet have a good grasp of all that is going on, but I don't need to to love this post. GOOD MUSH!=D=

<whispers- is there a pm version?>

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    rocketscientist

Welcome back! Happy Holidays!

Thank you! Now if I could just shake this nasty flu I brought back with me...

I'm still getting caught up on this plot line so I may not yet have a good grasp of all that is going on, but I don't need to to love this post. GOOD MUSH! applause

Yay! I hope you got caught up!

<whispers- is there a pm version?>

*whispers back - yes, and t'was sent!*:cool:

24. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Wow, Breezy. And...wow.:eek: Thanks for the PM!:D Very nice.

25. organista

organista Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2005
    Oh that was nice...[face_love]

and cliffy...:mad: (bad, bad author[face_shame_on_you] )

;)

and indeed the sex issue somehow seems to be not too helping way of communication between the two ;)

You know, you've done something impossible for me - you'd made Luke (the innocent baby of GL) to act like a MAN in my eyes. You've given him the real flesh and hot blood. That's something I thought could never be done... @};-

So I'm waiting impatiently for another installment as great as this one (of course add me to your PM version list as well O:) )

@};- @};-

ps.

TELL ME ABOUT IT... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ;)

[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.