main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 8th EUC Starfighter Draft: (Possible Improvements Being Discussed)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kyptastic, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Potato, potahto.

Personally, I don't care either way on the format. Double-elim, regular season/playoff, whatever. And prep time = not a good idea for this draft.

However, I like the idea of expanding the rosters very much. There were still several pretty decent selections on the board after the drafting was done. And maybe, yeah, the back two of every squad wouldn't be all that great, but hey, maybe grab a pair that makes a pretty decent trump, together or even alongside someone picked earlier.

Say you have Face. Well, unless the pickings are really, really slim (which they shouldn't be), a person normally wouldn't (or shouldn't, rather) take Ton in any one of the normal six rounds of drafting. Cohesive or not, chances are you can simply just do better than him.

However, in a hypothetical seventh round, I don't think he'd be half bad at all. And then trump him with Face come match time, and you might just get yourself some wins out of the pair that you normally never would with just Face. Or maybe that Forge sisters trump that was used a couple drafts back, only now, you're not having to waste one of half a dozen measly picks on her. You can grab her in the eighth.

Other stuff like that. It doesn't make it less fun. It makes so creating a winning team here might actually require a bit of thought.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And leaves the Imps fighting desperately over scraps. :p

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Bah. There were at least four halfway decent Imps or Imp-friendly pilots left stranded this past draft. Plus, with ol' Deke being added and the one Legacy-era pilot being added, they shouldn't have much trouble.

And even though we haven't actually seen diddly from him yet as a pilot, what about Antares Draco? Legacy 0 makes mention of his piloting skills. Not that I'm a fan of it in the slightest, but it's not like this draft is shy about giving wins to pilots with nothing but a good rep to their credit.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol Carth.

And eh, Legacy > LotF in my opinion (aside from anything written by Allston).

5. Kyptsbeengamebanned

Kyptsbeengamebanned Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    The 9th draft will start tomorrow.

Unless there's some major objections between now and then, we'll have a round robin system and 8 member teams. Changes like this aren't permanent and can be reversed if they don't work. These are just to see if somethng which is pretty darn good can be made even better.

6. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I'm guessing you will be unbanned tomorrow?

7. Kyptsbeengamebanned

Kyptsbeengamebanned Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    Here's hoping :p

That's an idea. How about game bans for those that don't make the finals...

:p

8. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    It's an idea alright. One that was previously used in this draft, in fact. Draft bans aren't new news around here. ;):p

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I don't recall. Have we been doing bans the last few drafts? I know we did at one point, but I don't remember being banned last draft when I was knocked out...

10. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I still don't really like this 8 member squads idea but oh well.

11. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    I'm not huge on it either, but apparently we're in the minority.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh that dreadfully powerful silent majority...

Hey, it's literal this time.

13. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    For the record I was never once banned due to this draft, even when they gave out bans

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  15. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    New Draft is up here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.