main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The A2F2 Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by YodasBrownEyedGirl, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    Hi all,

I thought it would be fun and maybe a bit informative to put something up about collecting. Anything you all think might be relevant to collectors, go ahead and share your thoughts, questions, fabulous finds.

I am basically a character focused collector and lucky for me there's tons of stuff out there to be had in regards to Yoda. Hope we can help each other stay in tuned to the collecting world.

Happy Hunting!!! [face_cowboy]

I will start off by saying I recently saw on theforce.net a thread about the upcoming Walmart Exclusive figures of "The separation of the twins." They look pretty cool :cool: . If you like, Obi Wan or Leia or Luke or Tatooine or The Organas or . . . these might be the figures for you.[face_dancing]

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Like Jill,my interest tends to be character-focused.In my case,it's Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker;specifically focusing on items that reflect the transformation of the character.My goal is to be able to set up a shelf with my stuff on it showing the progression of Anakin's character through all six films(and some of the spin-offs).

When I was younger I was more into broad-based collecting but I got tired of that pretty quickly.

3. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I gave my coolest collectable to a bigger fan :)

I do have a star wars card for yoda. I also have a childs ewok music box.

4. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    If you are referring to your Yoda magic 8 ball, I love it and it sits proudly in my Yoda shrine (so to speak). I really appreciated that gift. It was a wonderful surprise. I hope to take pictures soon of my collection but I'm not sure if I would be able to put them up on the web. I'm not quite that technically savvy. Most of my collection is concentrated in one space and in one room but I generally have a few pieces scattered around my home. I have yet to put out all of my collectibles. I plan on doing some dioramas from the last movie, in particular, those related to Yoda. I also plan to set up the battle arena scene from Geonosis where the Jedi are in the middle surrounded by battle droids. I will need to pick up many battle droids and super battle droids. I plan to do some trading with those at any upcoming conventions that I can attend.

Happy collecting to all during the holidays. :D

5. Turpulus

Turpulus Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone would help me locate the Wal-mart exclusive animated clone wars 3 packs. Thanks!

6. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    I've begun to catalogue my collection to make sure I don't make the mistake of purchasing items I already have. I made that mistake a few times at CIII. It has been fun going thru my stuff and finding things I haven't looked at in a long time.
    Ivan was helping me come up with categories to use on the spreadsheet program and, wow, they just kept coming and coming. With my new digital camera, I am going to also take pictures of my collection. I'd love to get fancy with my cataloguing and put pics with the descriptions but one thing at a time. If anyone has any suggestions about getting organized with your collectibles, I'm open to suggestions. I have a collectible book with prices that I am using to go by for some ideas but more are always welcome.

Happy Hunting!!! [face_cowboy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.