main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The absolute worst EU novel is...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jayd, Sep 25, 2001.

?

The absolute worst EU novel is...

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Planet of Twilight

27.5%
  2. Darksaber

5.9%
  3. Children of the Jedi

8.8%
  4. Crystal Star

43.1%
  5. The Jedi Academy Trilogy (they're all as bad as each other)

5.9%
  6. I, Jedi

8.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Oh yeah, the great characterisation of Corran, the man who cant do wrong, and basically has Luke kissing his rear end at the end. No way is that better than Darksaber IMO

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    <<To all of you who voted for I, Jedi, you gotta be on crack. To say that I, Jedi is worse than the Jedi Academy Trilogy (which is ok) and worse than Darksaber (which I didn't really like), and is almost as bad as Planet of Twilight, that is beyond me, because I, Jedi rules. That is one of the best Star Wars books written, Mike Stackpole rules, and so does Corran.
    So bascially what I am saying is that if you voted for I, Jedi being the worst you do not understand what makes a good book.
    which is essentially, character development, plot, and the ability of the story to flow from one thing to another and not jump all over the place and make no sense. >>

Actually, I don't particularly like I, Jedi. Much like Vision of the Future, it didn't really leave a good aftertaste for me. While I really liked the beginning and middle sections, after Corran went to Corellia and then infiltrated the pirates, it seemed to rushed and kind of flat. And the Jensaarai...That was a huge letdown on villains for me. I was expecting a good surprise under that cool armor.

Overall, it's good. But it's no Wedge's Gamble. I'd give it a B for enhancing the JAT, Corran's growth as a Jedi, the Prequel-era events, and the humor.

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, the ending of I, Jedi was quite 'flat'. But the rest of the book is really great. But it lacks a final blaze of glory à la Bacta War, for example.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Hmm... It's been a few months since I read I, Jedi... Should I do it for the 38th time?

Ara
    (Isard-ized COrran fanatic and still with the sniffles)

5. Uhl Eharl Khoehng

Uhl Eharl Khoehng Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2000

the Crystal star was awful... the only book of a GFFA that i did not finish...

6. Arabwel

Sep 20, 2001
    I've read everything I've started except for the Han Solo Adventures (Been in the middle of the second bppk for six months) ANd I solemnly vow to finish it. If I just can gather the energy.

I have read most SW books, including CS, CotJ and PoT at least twice. Why? Try being bored out of your mind in hospital for five months. Believe me, you WILL read crap, even if only to diss it and say "What the ****? Who are these people?" repeadetly. :)

Ara
    (Still sniffly and wants to be the daughter of Ysanne and Corran)

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Top ten stinkers

1. The Glove of Darth Vader series

The words Ugh come to mind. They were the only thing nearly declared completely discontinious and we have to spend HOURS working on fixing them.

2. The Bounty Hunter Wars

These books make it seem pathetic han was captured by Boba Fett treacherous FRAT-BOY. Bossk Fanboy (of BOBA!) and the Gand findsman Zuckuss who I would give a WEDGIE in high school are the best bounty hunters vader can find?

3. Children of the Jedi

I don't entirely understand what was written in the book actually aside from a few flashes of understanding. Luke humping the ship's surface (first act of spanking the monkey during a story), the Emperor's mistress and his weasal son, and a bunch of Gammorean stormtroopers...

4. Planet of Twilight

Similarly unreadable but better than Children of the Jed due to the fact that I could understand there was a plague which seems better than the Darksaber as a threat. I also liked a Hutt Jedi...why because it was so INSANELY STUPID...

Also Daala, Nazi WAR CRIMMINAL beds a man and has a happy ending!?!!?!?!

5. The Black Fleet Crisis Luke/Akkanah sections...

Zzzzzzzzzz

Hmmm sex? Yes please

Zzzzzzzzzz

Akkanah was the second winiest SW female in history after Callista.

6. Lando Calrisian's Black Fleet Section

Boring, it's a ship...it's alien. SO FREAKING WHAT! Lando your a man who has encountered aliens that @&@* life crystals!

7. The crystal Star

Han nearly cheats on his wife with a nameless con artist, cutesy kids nearly lead a small army of children to their disturbing deaths and we're supposed to root for them, Leia Bounty Hunter....

Bad but at least coherent.

8. Darksaber

I'll sum it up in parts

Force tossed Star Destroyers
    Callista dumping Luke because of inadequacy issues
    No appearence of Obi Wan despite Hype
    No apparent security teams at the entire engine room core of an SSD to intercept a woman lugging concussion missles
    General Madine's stupid death

9. Any part of the Yzzumng Vong where where the author is forced to remind us they're scary in a way reminscent of Cobra-La.

10. The Jedi Academy Trilogy

Kessel was interesting but this would have worked much better visually and without the wild plot twists

If like this list, say yes!

8. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    THE JAT IS AWESOME!

9. Arabwel

Sep 20, 2001
    Like the list. Agree on all the points.
    But I still will probably read those books again. Like I always do for a SW book. Repeadetly. (I, Jedi has been read 37 times by me...)

Ara
    (Sniffly as hell, Isard-wannabe and a devout fan of Michael A. Stackpole)

10. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Charlemagne, you are ABSOLUTELY right! Completely!

(Lando's Black Fleet section - ohhhhhh my god how BORING was that...)

11. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    Slave ship

mandalorian armour was ok, the other 2 appalling

12. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I liked the Black Fleet Crisis. I don't see what's so bad about it. I finished it faster than any of the other trilogies.

I don't know why I voted for Darksaber. Nothing is as bad as the NJO novels.

NJO sucks!!

13. Arabwel

Sep 20, 2001
    Yeah, most of the NJO is kinda... not saying it. Except fotr the DT and Hero's trial.

Although I haven't read BP.

I have hope.

Ara
    (Latin-studying Isard-wannabeized Corran-fan)

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    NJO was bad APART from Stackpole's two? You live in some parralell universe or something? :)

15. Doogie76

Doogie76 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2001
    Charlemenge, Loved the Cobra La reference...thought for the longest time that I was the only person who had ever seen those GI Joes. My vote is for Planet Of Twilight easily. I could not even finish it, let alone get to the middle of it, a complete snooze and waste of my money. I dont hate the entire Black Fleet Crisis series. Loved the first book, had lots of promise but the second and third ones killed it. I wish that the whole book was about the New Republic fleet and thats it...What I hated though was the Yveathans were supposed to be these big bad MOFOs, yet the ship gets taken over by 250 or so Imps. At that point my head was pounding from rolling my eyes for the umpteenth time. As for the person who posted I, Jedi to that list; I take it that you like to freebase down off of Jerome Avenue in the South Bronx...

16. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Ummm...the only bad part of BFC was Luke's.

And, Stackpole's 2 are the worst of NJO so far...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.