main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    If you die don´t expect a plotline where Lorj Danathin snipers his way into the netherworld to get you back as a Miraluka, Sarge! :D

Myrkr has actually been the first ABYverse planet eaten by Xenly. In 128 ABY already. So, no more trees there that can open passages to the dead :p

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Oh I'm sure Tenk can think of something if he has to <.< But let's go ahead and ruin Hoole's plans and kill him instead of testing that theory.

What effects would ysalamiri have on the Xenly btw?

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    And ABYverse have another award on their side. Congrats to all you guys and girls from 133 ABY - TheDarkOdyssey!!!

Actually we know exactly what happens. Let me dive into ABYverse history.

126 ABY (before the actual game) the Leaders of the Sitzh learned that one of them, Darth Atavus better known as Hoole, had secretly continued to develop a biological weapon called "Xenly". Investigation began. In the year 128 ABY the Regent of the Sith Darth Wyyrlok III. send a single expandable Sith Lord to the Mestra-Field inside the Minos Cluster to extract something he called a "very special insect". She made it out with one of them and he began research on the "Xenly" in his laboratory on Korriban. He found them to be dangerous but also began thinking about how one could possibly use them. He also knew he needed to learn more about them.
    Around the same time the Yuuzhan Vong tried to make their addition to the raging war by reviving the VOXYN project on Myrkr. Not having the fleets or troops to stop it, Darth W. decided he would use the Xenly. And released them. They ate Myrkr. Completely. In the end the Empire was so afraid of them spreading they destroyed the atmosphere of the planet. It is now barren rock.

Short answer. Not much. Ysalamiri would actually take away a few of their natural abilities, like the telepathic bond they sometimes create with their victims (like with Eloa Lan and Tenk Qatar in 133 ABY) and they would also stop multiplying. It wouldn´t make them less hungry of aggressive, though. That trait has become part of their biological design. They have gone through something we called "Dark Side Evolution" back in the days. The are the Dark Side incarnate in the truest sense of the word. Their biology has slowly changed into something that is perfectly adapted to the Dark Side but totally useless to anything else.

4. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I sees <.<

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The single expendable Sith Lord being Darth Ardeur.

Irony how these little plots link together; I resurrected the Voxyn, so LordT resurrected the Xenly. Beautiful. :cool:

I'll attempt a summary sometime later this week. I reckon I can put everything together into a simple summary, Xan. ;)

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Is anything really simple.:p

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    The Cold Embrace creeps me out . . . Mitth-Fisto´s character meets the force itself and the PM I just got seems to make things . . . not any better . . . at all . . . wait for TheSithGirly to post . . . [face_worried]:_|

8. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    How are the two Sith threads, Dominion of Darkness and Acolytes of Darkness, going to coincide with one another? I would like to join both but should I use the same character? Different character? I am a bit confused.

9. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I don't think that would work, Nem. In the DoD installment, you start on Lehon and my character just locked down the planet to prevent escape or entry into the atmosphere.

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Alright, I will read over your game thread and will most likely join. ;)

11. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
  12. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    So, I wanted to join another game here . . . best one not played by germans. Sorry guys but writing english as a german to someone speaking german just feels strange. Though you are brilliant Fin and congrats to you and your game for the award.

Anyway.

What are the active games one can join?

Any suggestions? I know the rough facts about ABYverse and have at least played in one of them . . .

13. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    The Dominion of Darkness and Acolytes of Darkness games are in the ABYverse and open. I know I'd be happy to have you, and I'm sure the AoD people would, as well.

14. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    I´ll surely have a look! Thanks. And when I read this thread I thought it might be good idea to have the upcoming games summarized, once. Blurbs, perhaps?

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yup. Between 135 ABY and 145 ABY, Lehon is locked down by the jamming field which defended the Star Forge during the Revan KotoR Game. :cool:

16. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    It's good to know that there's one part of the ABYverse that I understand. :p

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Selpha needs to hit something [face_beatup]

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Then wait ´til you read THAT update :D

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yeah, Selpha may need to have her own talk with Romar <.<

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I guess the Prophetess is a prophet sense she 'foretold' Kiar's becoming a Priest caste, especially since their the only ones supposed to really see spirits...that and the dead or near dead[face_beatup]

21. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Melmot returning ffrrom the dead, Mandalore eaten . . . what a lightheartened Chapter beginning . . . ;) I think there are more Xenly now, then ever before in galactic history. Maybe we see some serious sideeffects of that.

And I reread the Hoole flashbacks from LordT. Strange thing is even Xenly wants him dead. Why doesn´t he simply die [face_smile]

Okay, a girl could ask. At least I have a plan. Fin isn´t the only person scheming . . .

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, should really do some scheming of my own. Shooting Kira I mean...hm... [face_skull]

23. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Alright you three Germans and Gerwoman, time to show us the family tree to this confusing Brandl-Romar-Morine family you keep referring to.

24. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I´ll try to answer that question. Though Fin might know a few details more . . .

The family-trees of the three families are actually only two. They all come from our old german campaign we played since the nineties. Siri Romar, Caleb Brandl, Hoole and The Vulture as well as the original Xenly were all played back there.

1. Jedi Master Asaja Morine

No family line (I would be aware of). She was a Jedi Master and teacher on Kamparas. She trained both Caleb Brandl (Fin´s character) and Siri Romar. Also Siri´s training was never completed. Asaja died over Arkania by Hoole´s hands. She was buried there and appeared to Siri´s descendant Kira Romar in 128 ABY there.

No other family members are known.

2. The Brandls

Censol Brandl (New Sith War - Fin plays him in Winged´s Chess) -> Unknown Generations -> Caleb Brandl (Fin´s original character and student of Asaja Morine) -> Unknown Son of Caleb -> Adalric Brandl (canon character) - Jaalib Brandl -> Unknown Brandl -> Unknown Brandl -> Imperial Knights Caleb II. & Calen Brandl (128ABY)

Fin was a great fan of Charlene Newcombs stories and linked his Caleb Brandl to her character, Adalric. An alternative version of the canon Adalric is played by Sir_Draco in AFAS, I think.

3. The Romars

Originating from Yelsain the Romar´s have the habit to make the men take their name when they marry. Only females of their line were known to be aware of the force. Also they almost never seemed exactly strong in the force. They suffer from occassional force-surges so, making them much more powerful in battle.

Siri Kira Romar (headstrong student of Asaja Morine - SirakRomar original character) -> Mervione "Mervy" Romar (married Caval Romar from Brilliant Turtles) -> Unknown Generations -> Jedi Knight Kira Kara Romar & the Vero-Romar family (obviously two different branches of the family)

25. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    You got the Romars right, I´d say. So Selpha joined the ranks of my enemies . . . ? Good, good. [face_devil]