main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I´ll return to my GMing duties, as far as they are still desired then, somewhen in early December. Until then, all of you loads of fun with the game!

2. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm sorry, I'm going to have to drop out of 129ABY. :( I haven't been able to find the time to even start updating my characters, and things are only going to get busier as my ship date approaches. Goodbye all, I hope you make this an unforgettable game. :)

Evil.

3. Darth_Vaders_Sock

Darth_Vaders_Sock Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2009
    Does this mean my character got to kill him off? [face_skull]

*laughs manically for far too long*

Sorry.
    Just getting wayyyy too into this.[face_blush]
    Sorry to here that Wiggins, you had a cool character with way too much potential.

4. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    If someone would like to take him and flesh out that potential, I'd be more than happy to let them. :)

Evil.

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    A pity you leave us Evil. I was looking forward to see your Chiss Sith back in action . . .

6. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'll be back, don't worry about that. :) I just can't devote the time I need for this at this point in my life, especially with boot camp looming just over the horizon.

Evil.

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Looks like the rodia storyline dried out completely anyway. So don´t worrya, Evil. You´re simply the only one doing it . . .

Good luck with your military career. I can see how this consumes a mans live. Took 12 years of mine ;)

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So, I am no GM on 129 ABY, but I consider me a VIP (very INTERESTED player:p) in it´s success. The drop out rate we faced there is amazing. A board wide phenomenon, surely. But we should consider it as our problem first. I would like to make a suggestion. Right now we do not know who is in or who is not and we all do have a very confused picture. Let´s reboot the way Draco is right now dealing with drop-outs in Bad Day. Two weeks and everybody responding is in and everybody not responding is out . . . then we do a new roster and can consolidate the game. Maybe it won´t be a huge game anymore. But it will be a playable game. And an excellent game, actually. Otherwise it will die, because people get this "wait if somebody posts" feeling which has a tendency to get a dynamic of it´s own.

My suggestion. You GMMs can discuss it in the open, or simply by PM. I just wanted to say I am there and if others don´t want to . . . let´s not waste our time and effrots to wait for them. It´s not our job to be "there" if they ever decide to rejoin us for a single post . . . every half a year . . . nothing against slow playing. It´s just not fair if storylines die for players, because other never show up.

9. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Ima waiting for some more info from sinre and a reaction from the other player in the scenario.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    No prob Kahn, I wasn´t directing it at anybody in specific. Actually, I do not wanna point fingers at anybody. We all might need a break sooner or later. Sure. It is just we need to consolidate the game. Makes no sense to have long waits for people who are gone . . .

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm in the process of writing a new update now. It's difficult. Because I'm waiting for posts, and then all of a sudden I'm waiting too long, and it's imploded, kinda strangely. I've not been PMing to chase posters, but I think I shall do because this blip is quite massive. Or, we can sit back and fiddle. Because I was quite thrown, and it throws your desire to write when half the posters vanish...

With Kahn, I've been waiting on a Harla post, and now its too long, and bah. I should have been more preemptive about it. No idea.

12. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    We could try and get past the scene ourselves.

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I think that´s the way to go, if we don´t wanna see it die, Fin. But if so, my group is swimming dead in the water and is actually partially already rotting. Drop out rate is 100%.

14. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    It might be an idea to re-consolidate everything into a smaller area. Move the game into a single sector of space that the conflict the players have to deal with takes place in? Sector would be small enough for everybody to interact but big enough for a few individual storylines to be possible.

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hm, I am not sure that is possible, especially since half of our active players do canon characters. Getting Fel, Krayt and Kol into one sector could be interesting but . . . probably is not what happened in 129 ABY :pBut otherwise I don´t think we´ll seriously loose anybody by checking our list. We only will gain drive, again.

16. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Planning on making a character, but don't know what character spots are open. I have sent the GM a PM asking about everything, but I am just hoping I can join this wonderful RPG.

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I think several Sith characters and Jedi are open, as most canon chars, just that they are much younger, right now . . . so I am sure you´ll find something :D

18. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Where do we stand in the discussion? Because I think I ´ll be back for a month or two, soon . . .

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
  20. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    More like a nap and just enjoying the holiday season that is Christmas :p

Just glad all that depression and darkness is over cause oy :p That seems to be the main theme when it comes to these ABY games [face_skull]

21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Aaaah, it´s over. And what a sweet dedication you put in there, Fin. Lovely. Dark and Depressing, yeah, . . . well . . . we got a Disney game, already do we? :p

So, let the Us guys nap and I´ll join you in the celebration. The great advantage of drinking before you´re forty :p

Great game that gave birth to a great GM, Fin. I loved every post of it. And strange enough I am more proud than sad it is finally complete (better word than done or over, don´t you think?)

Salute to you, Fin. SonofZeus would be proud of you. *raises glass*

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Indeed [face_peace]

...[face_tired] *sighs as it's finally over, reaches over, pulls out a 2 liter bottle of Dew, twists off the cap, and starts chugging* :p

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    You knew him, LordT. Even if he would have been, he would never have admitted it :p Thanks. I hope I did the material some justice. And surely that included some darkness . . . also I blame the depression part on my players, who seem to have all watched too much BSG, if you ask me. :p

Made a great tension, though. Even I sometimes wondered if letting all ide was not the most suitable solution. [face_laugh]

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I've never even watched BSG though I really really really should one of these days [face_thinking]

It was everyone else that was all dark and depressing! I had me Tenk, had his good humor in the beginning, was nice and happy to be reunited with his wife, was ready to go back into hiding. He was pretty much the happiest of the group in this game!

And then his wife gets burned, he gets stabbed by a Sith, sees Kira's closeness to the dark side, wife is discovered to be a double agent of sorts, wife is assumed dead, gets captured and has both of his eyes zapped, and then gets tossed into the dark cave and mentally duels with Xenly.

So I blame all of you! [face_skull] [face_laugh]

Fitting that he ends up being the one that brings Kira back to life cause oy...what you people ended up doing to him [face_shame_on_you]

And Selpha wasn't depressing as she was angry. Which was actually a lot more fun to play as [face_cowboy]

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah, we had loads of fun with Tenk :p

Well, I can always only point at the title. DARK Odyssey. I know the dark has become obligatory to SW titles, but I meant it ;)

Then again, you got playing children and happy Jedi in retirement at the end . . . so how happy shall an end get :p