main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    ...No you [face_skull]

I still remember when I actually suggested, before the start of the game, that Talia would actually be dead in this and that Tenk would just have that extra guilt being carried around throughout the game. But noooooooo...............you said you had plans for Talia [face_skull]

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
  3. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    You're a bad person [face_skull]

4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I actually considered Selpha to be a rather bleak (but great) and all in all fitting character . . . ;)

And for all oyur suffering, if it gives you any comfort, I knew nothing about Tenk Qatar when we began. I went back reading all about him, when the story kicked of, so invested I got in Tenk and Talia . . . I think that was amazing.

And this intruiging 2off the books" storyline with the Vong really made me itchy. I thought my GM told me everything, then they turned up, Melmot turned against me and aaaargh!

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, it was something different I felt like trying :p Had never played a real ragey person and I thought it would be good. And I like my Mandalorians <.< Too bad she died though but, in all honesty, even during her creation I kind of set her up as the kind of character that would probably end up dying. Playing her only fueled that thinking. But it was a good death which I was proud to have for her :D

You knew nothing thus why you had no problem with being part of all the bad things that happened to Tenk :_| Unlike Selpha, I was fighting to have Tenk live! I mean argh! All that character development and stuff in 128 and he's about to get eaten by bugs! Was too attached to me Jedi and his pilot-turned wife Talia! Bakura was supposed to have been the worst that it really got. No more real bad things were supposed to happen! And what Fins did to Talia! Pretty much throughout the game it was like:

"Oh...Talia cheated on him...that's okay. Still loves him."

"Oh...she works for some legendary criminal. Still okay, she managed to to get the info to rescue him."

"Oh...she killed a few people...that's...o-okay [face_worried]"

"...Wait what!? The Sith!? :eek:"

"...What's she doing with that gun? ...No...don't do that...............WAAAAAH! STOP IT FINS! :_|"

But yes, happy endings for all! Or at least the ones that lived anyway, which a couple were Tenk and Talia. Time away from the galaxy, a little bit of therapy, one pregnancy later, and they have a nice little family and got a nice reunion with Kira :D ...But that was one heck of a bumpy road...

And despite my whining, don't take it the wrong way, I don't hate you guys or anything like that :p It was an epic game that turned out to be an epic experience. That epic experience just happened to tear away at my emotions but that's the price to pay for it I suppose...

Which is why I'm not lashing out in malice when I ask how old are you guys? [face_laugh] Fins is always despairing at being old and now I'm just curious [face_thinking]

6. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    I'm...... old enough to be in debt from student loans? Yeah, that sounds old enough.

I still wished U'tek tried to kill Talia. I was so ready to go for it when she and her Vulture partner picked him and Glave off of Pergitor, in the Mexican standoff in the ship. Alas, I didn't go through with it. [face_mischief]

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sprint! Are we back somewhat more now? I've been waiting before I introduced you in 129 ABY, that's all. :cool:

8. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh, let´s say I am old enough to be many board-members father. But I am the old wise man among us . . . okay, actually before now nobody ever mentioned wise. :p
    Fin is in his early thirties. And begins to look like it :p So is SirakRomar and TheSithGirly. Draco is a little younger. I confess not sure how young, actually. But out of school for years, now. And me, well, let´s say when I did my 35 birthday party, I did not even knew this board existed. Well, I was told there, I believe . . . turning forty in a few years.

So, that´s how old and ancient we are.

And the Talia plot was wicked. I loved the undertone of what war did to her. She was always a good person, who just turned into a bad one out of circumstances. with that mexican stand-off I held my breath. Thought you´d kill her. But I was sure you would change the course of the game. Fin told me later it might have been the all deciding moment, where you had it in your hands . . . [face_laugh] Obviously he did not tell me, if your decision was good or bad. You know him . . .

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I see I see... [face_thinking] Well at least that mystery has finally been solved [face_laugh] I only just turned twenty-one exactly four days ago.

And I think Fins mentioned that things would've turned out bad had U'tek killed Talia [face_skull] So be glad you didn't! And now that we've got our close-to-happy-ending, everyone can now rest in peace with their own little ones! :D Or whatever path they decided to choose anyway :p

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I knew U´tek might kill Talia and I wouldn´t have saved her. It was one of these decisions that were important to me to leave them to players. Indeed Kira had to be killed. But maybe Talia would have preferred to die there . . .

I always felt great sympathy for Talia. A non-Jedi, non-elitesoldier, she just did what she needed to save her little joy in live she had. And destroyed it in the process. For her there was no real happy end. She had fallen too far. She found only as much happiness as she could still have. In a way, she was my central NPC in that game. Someone I could use to show what war did to the non-superheroes.

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, she's got a little girl of her own now to love and be loved by now and that's I think the best way to end it :D What was her reasoning for giving up Tenk to the Sith or some such anyway? :oops:

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually, she didn´t. :D

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hm, guess I read that one post wrong or something :oops:

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    No, you were just deceived. The Sith knew where you were and The Vulture arranged for Talia you were brought in by one who actually would try to get you alive. So, she told that guy where you were and he captured you, instead of the killer crew send in his place.

Xenly showed you that moment. Where she talked to him. Made extra sure he had understood not to hurt you. And she already had been promised free you.

All of it arranged by the Vulture so he found that Jedi prison. He followed you all theway to backwater Gesaril and then though he could reuse Talia to arrange the breakout. Meanwhile she did several dirty jobs ofr him, to "earn your freedom" and finally lead the GA there . . .

Hoole knew about all of this and watched and waited. In the very end Hoole had outgrown his long time rival The Vulture and used him to his advantage. He wanted Kira to be free, so he made The Vulture believe he wanted to have Kira dead. An dadaaaah! The Vulture wanted her for his team. One of the few plots never revealed in game.

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Ah I see now <.< Welp, glad that nightmare is over! [face_laugh]

Are you having plans to have Sins of the Saint be that merciless? :p

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Suspense was what I was after then and therefore I needed character identification. Suspense is what I am after in SotS. But maybe not actually the same kind of suspense. Larger cast, more open world.

Mercy was never my strong point, ya know. ;) Hm, I think it will be very different to 133 ABY, actually. Not being Star Wars. But it is a pretty bleak setting and not exactly comedy that is going to happen there. I think not all characters will share the same intensity of playing.

To be honest, I wouldn´t mind if I scare a few people :p

17. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Already scared thinking about my character's life, but if you haven't even added the scary part yet, I might break down! [face_laugh]

Also, in 129, I am waiting on a reply, Sinrebirth. ;)

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm waiting for a couple of replies as well, actually. I'll have something up soon-ish.

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I´ll get mine up tonight. At least the one for Zorben.

20. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I see I see, you made that no mercy part clear at least <.<

I was thinking about joining Sins of the Saint but...well for one Odyssey was finally done and I was drained by that [face_laugh] Another is that I think I'm at the point where I'm just stretched too thin for RPing. Admittedly that might just be because of the holidays that are only now passing by and the birthdays (both my sister and I have our birthdays in January with hers being on the eleventh) though :p I just like to focus on the ones I'm in, especially Man Cubs where I'm finding it to be much fun to RP as Susul.

It doesn't help that experience has made me kind of distrust big RPs :p

But I dunno. I would suppose Sins of the Saint may have difficulties moving as you usually do with RPs because of the large cast and it's been getting plenty of hype <.< I've read the OP but I haven't exactly really looked at it if you know what I mean though it does look interesting. I'm just worried though since, at the end of January, I need to start up my last of my college courses and it's pretty much during these times that I get a bit overworked. The reason I dropped out of LA was because I had been pursuing a second, seasonal job while signing up and preparing for said college courses :p

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So, we took it to PM. And for the future anybody who wants to get in touch with me, my hotmail-account is in my profile. I was asked by ABYverse members a few times.

So, gone to do Zorben . . .

22. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    I think I am here. Eh, I guess I am. Go ahead, do your worst. :mad:

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent. Let us have fun. Mwhahaha! ;)

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah! Ratep![face_peace]

And I heard the "Search for Kira Romar" will return as a subgame, but probably without Kira Romaro_O Whatever that means . . .

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Works for me! I hope so, either way. At some point I'll need to yank on some of you guys, no doubt. :p