main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Feel free to yank on my cord anytime Sinre, although after this month since it seems to be made entirely out of Mondays.:cool:

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Could someone explain me the word yank? :confused:

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    'Sharp pull' usually.

Mitthy! Do you refer to 41 ABY or intending to join 129 ABY?

4. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, currently I would have to say both if you wanted it. Last I had actually looked at 129 was about when you announced you were no longer accepting new players at the moment. 41...last I was able to think on it the best I could come up with was a witty retort with near godmodding mad survival force use of electromagnetic polarities that would make even Yoda blush, or a weak plea while/after sacrificially getting roasted.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, you're welcome to join 129 ABY, my friend.

6. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Should have checked wiki. I was shocked my translator came up with nothing at all on that word . . .

Well, thanks guys. :D

8. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    I actually used Wiktionary, i have no idea why I said wikiquote...

9. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Are there actually any new ABYverse games in planning? I heard of 130, 134, 135 projects a few month ago, as well as a 141 project. any of these still in development?

Oh did we float the RPF too much? :p

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I have something ABYverse-related up my sleeve, but it's not a bona fide game.

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I had an idea for a short game set in 112 ABY, actually. I developed it up to an OP, but then it died when I realized I might not have time to do it.

130 ABY - The Tragedy of Ossus would still be one of my dream projects. But you know, I leave this summer for a few years. These boards, my life and everything else . . . I doubt I´ll have time for doing it anytime soon.

I tihnk Fin once mentioned a short lived idea of a 138 idea, but when I read 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey´s end, I think he buried it somewhere at the side of the road. There is also the 133 ABY - The Cold Embrace sequel (called 137 - The Infinite Sphere) that was developed by Fin for the Summer Challenge. But as my first one had kinda difficult times, I don´t know if that will happen, either.

186 ABY - Tribes & Tribulations is still in developemnt. It is more of a experimental game, that actually unites various elements we played around with and will be done in a more unonventional style of playing. It´s a testing field for new techniques. Right now TheSithGirly heads it, but with Bad Day and Sins launch little time was spend on it and I got no idea when we will do it . . . it also depends on the question, if MitthFisto would reprise Kiar and SirakRomar would be ready to play her Yu´Dor again . . .

Then I heard rumors of more Fanclub games, at least one 135 ABY by Kahn is not yet launched and Sinre had an Archangel&Alchemists Prequel at hand, as well as the running 129 ABY.

So, I´d say ABYverse is in the low after the crazy heights it had this year. And I must say for the 128 ABY characters of our dircle 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey will probably be the closure . . . but things are there.

I guess I will try one more thing, before I go . . .

Did I forget anything? [face_peace]

12. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    We should stop talking about future games and worry about the current one! Let's go! Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! Fix bayonets, charge! Yah, mule, yah!

(I don't like the faces on this board. Not enough angry ones.)

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Well if me reprising Kiar is really a question of whether or not to make that game happen I would reprise him, so long as I also was able to take the role of his Jedi trained son as well since that promises to have a lot of character dinamic.

I look forward to them whether they are this occuring year or the next, or the one after that as I plan to probably still be here in some capacity and would make such roles a priority.

(My chars are available also for cameos if any one wants, you'll just have to ask first)

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

[face_laugh]

15. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    [image=http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/big/big_8.gif]

:p

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, at the end of March there is a meeting where the possibility of 186ABY will probably be discussed. There are no immediate plans, anyway. And as it is not my baby, I am actually not even sure if the Son of Kiar is game-canon. We turned out ot never mention him. So maybe you have not yet fahtered him by 186ABY and do only then? Possible. Although I consider him too good an idea to pass him :p

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yuuzhan Vong can live for three centuries. ;)

18. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Well, I think new game are good! The existing ones all bath a lot in the former games. Which is great, but pretty hard for me to get into. So, 186 ABY sounds great to me . . . who is set to GM it? TheSithGirly? Mrs. Monomyth take on Star Wars could be an awesome sight to behold . . .

19. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Still WAY too happy.

20. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Well fine <.<

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    How about this?

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/6/62/Palpy_ANGRY.jpg/200px-Palpy_ANGRY.jpg]

Sounds good, definately would change the child alot though with his father having been around...and basically a god slayer to influence the kids development. It definately skewers things but I could enjoy that added twists to the kids psyche.

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    TheSithGirly would lead it, yes. I am sure she would welcome you, TGI. And it has little to do with established ABYverse, I think. Only Embrace and 186 got some common ground. TSG was quite enthusiastic about it. If Monomyth and SotS leaves her time, that is. And last I heard Kiars son would have joined the Jedi Order in the 140ies and would be a full fledged Knight by then . . .

23. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Word is on the street you look for a IK who deals with the Sith?

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If that's directed at me, Fin and Mel's little subplot; then yes, yes we do. As an addition... I wonder if Krayt could send Imperi to spy on Fel? ;)

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Imperi? That old witch? Maybe later . . . right now I have taken a few games too many. With my SotS invovlment (working on it, Fin) and my AFAS role, as well as the promise of reprising Max Payne soon . . . I got my hands full.

So please hold her back a little. as soon as I got a free space, I´´ll do her.