main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, you´re living together with your borther, ask him! At least about 138 ABY, although we all might get the resolution for Legacy we hoped for with Legacy - War.

Concerning 186 ABY, I still got the outline somewhere. Just not the need to return to 133 ABY again. It felt so complete. So maybe it won´t happen anytime soon. All other projects I must admit, I lost count of. these days I think I could impossibly do a game anymore, because I have no clue about what happpened in ABYverse . . .

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    More or less, the Insipid plotline went off into the Unknown Regions, did its thing, and, as you can imagine, did very little in the grand scheme of things. Sith vs Sith vs Sith vs Sith, seemingly, from the factioning. Messy. Unlikely to resolve itself, generally.

When War is resolved, maybe we'll be able to continue things.

I am cutting down my hours at work after Christmas so I will have more time for the RPF again. (At bloody last) Debating a few games, myself. Fate-based game set in the future, far future, a Risk-based RPG set in 146 ABY, and something which more or less posits how the Empire would do against the Yuuzhan Vong in a canon setting. Which I may hand over to the EUC, personally.

I'd love to see more ABY from Fin, myself, but of course with War likely to change things dramatically we're stuck waiting...

3. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    In time I maybe will find a game that fits the setting . . . but my general Star Wars fatigue (quality made an awful drop thorugh the last years and starts to get to me . . . ) and the fact I really closed all storylines (Hoole, dead, Kira retired, Xenly ceased to exist, everything else is resolved in the comcis) I had in 133 ABY (and won´t resurrect any, good stories deserve to end at some point), I think it will have to be something completely fresh, new and exciting that comes to mym ind to bring me back to this particular era . . . LordT developed some ideas, especially his SPHERE like setting in his game might be worth expanding at some point . . .

And actually I am the heir of three exdfellent OPs of LordT he never made into games . . . of which I actually consider two to be my potential next game, if SotS II doesn´t marterialize. Until then, I am dedicated to my own, original story I began with SotS II.

Then again, 133 ABY came out of nowhere, back then. So who can tell what I come up with, once I return?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have felt a large amount of that Star Wars fatigue, which has resulted in my general apathy to run a SW game, I must say...

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    So, just to avoid anybody holding his breath. My plan was to conclude Legacy in case they really left us hanging. Now that WAR comes out, I can at least official cancel my "139 ABY" and . . . announce that right after "Max Payne" when I have my big break next summer I might return here to try my hands on an ABYverse game.

Or join Monomyth :p You know. Gretchenfrage. ;)

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, you seem to plan to do both and then decided to do Mass Effect anyway? It has become silent around ABYverse, has it? I actually came here to have a look at what is available only to find no ABYverse game exists anymore. How very, very sad. Such an epic story we were buildung there. So my direct questions to the Sinres, Fins ( even the Dracos?) and all the other GMs . . . are there plans?

7. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Hey TSG. It kinda looks dark, methinks. Sinre seems to have no time GMing. So he might be gone for years. I have my Mass Effect game and it will hopefully go on for some time. If not, it´s failure will probably no make me too enthusiastic to play another game in English. Fin has "developed" :p I actually think like LordTs Silent Cities, there is no ABYverse connection planned to his next SW game.

And the board is a little smaller than before. I actually seriously think it won´t entertain huge ABYverse flagships, anymore. We could do smaller games like The Cold Embrace, but we don´t have the manpower to do another 128 ABY. And actually probably no GM to do it. Dunno what everybody else feels, but I still don´t know who half the people are who turn up in all game :p So I couldn´t do a true sequel, no matter what.

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I suppose it largely depends upon the last few issues of War, as to how things go. But, yes, I do not have time to GM, sadly, at the moment. :(

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    So many of our GMs have been taken by RL. :(

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, I must "break a lance" (German saying) for ABYverse and say, that it might partially cease to be such a dominant force in games, because many characters and plots had fantastic conclusions. And with the cancellation of Legacy no new material is added, obviously.

And some of our canon and theirs do collide by now, I believe. Like the Mandos. But it´s only minor stuff.

Just a thought. Anybody ever read TheSithGirly´s first ever Darth Krayt post? She had the Legacy: War Krayt fantistically pinned down there. Great, great, great. And she later complained, she might have been out of character, there. Tz. Tz.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And I agree, Sirak, though it might be fun to do a post-Legacy send-off RPG, retiring our characters permanently, though I suppose a lot of our characters received that send-off thanks to Fin, in beautiful fashion.

But I will never forget when TheSithGirly murdered Darth Insipid.

My own personal NPC.

Mortifying, but it surprised me so much that I was incredibly pleased.

And the Mandalorian bits have been complicated, but considering how factional the TCW have made Mandalorians I don't see it as too big a problem. [face_laugh]

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I actually believe other than the 133 ABY invovled nobody has yet got a send off. o_O And there are a few characters out there. Yu´Dor, for example. Hespar Kessler. Talked A LOT People like that. So we would have the character cast to play on. Question is, do we have a GM, story and a need to do so . . . I´d say we look at it post-Legacy: War and decide then if we wanna pursue another run of ABYverse.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed. The galaxy is too messy and hard to predict, and we're bleeding characters at this point, major and minor, so we have no idea where it will stop, or what will appear from the smog.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm going to posit the following ending of Legacy: War, now having in my possession Legacy: War #4.

I shall be putting this beneath HTR spoiler black-outs as not everyone is at the same point, or perhaps wants to spoil themselves with expectation:

Let's start off with the relatively obvious:

1. The One Sith and Sith Troopers are going to be defeated, Darth Krayt, in all likelihood, is going to die (permanently).

From now on, its quite unclear, but I'd like to posit the following:

2. Emperor Fel uses Omega Red on Korriban.
    3. Emperor Fel is killed, probably by the IKs, for falling to the dark side.
    4. Hogrum Chalk is revealed as the spy, and killed.
    5. Marasiah Fel becomes Empress.
    6. The GA and Jedi retake Coruscant.
    7. Stazi survives.
    8. Cade Skywalker survives.
    9. The Sith are continued in part by Saarai.

10. Now, this is sticky, and largely down to Marasiah - either the Empire outright joins the GA, or accepts a restoration of the status quo, or suggests something new. I would expect Marasiah will suggest a restoration of the status quo, because it is the Empire's fault that the Sith took control of the entire galaxy.

Thoughts? As I'd like to get planning on the next chapter of our story. (GM undecided, unassumed and undisclosed :p)

15. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I assume that is what it looks like. But usually Jan and John hand in surprises.

Question is, does it matter? If we wanna continue ABYverse, should it be a post WAR story? We so far have 128 ABY complete and 133 ABY pretty lined out. What was 129 ABY? Probably not more than a month was covered yet, right? I saw 145 ABY games. So, what about the years of 133 to 135? Or 130? Some stuff happened back then! If we want a send off, it might make sense to play a parallel to WAR in 137 ABY . . .

Also the question would be between which two game modes we switch. Galaxy wide or character arc?

What happened to LordT´s Tragedy oof Ossus? Anybody got the original OP for it?

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    129 ABY can be played out in the background of another game, if it comes to it.

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    That is the questions, is it? What kinda game we wanna do? I think it might depend more or less on who wants to play. giving a farewell to characters is more or less the thing of their players wishing for their games to be given a farewell. I personally assume many of our fellow comrades are actually not active these days. Some have also been "ended" by sinre´s fanfic (although the canonicity should be left to the players, if you ask me). My great open story-thread I still have is Hespar Kessler & Ratep Sentrain. It is really all I feel I have to bring to an end . . .

And I have 130 ABY - The Tragedy of Ossus. Both versions of the OP which is amazing. as a heir to LordT I was handed his 13 OPs over for use. But without a proper GM, I don´t see that one happening.

18. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Perhaps sharing more about those OPs would be the best way to figure out how to proceed?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone see the Legacy #5 preview (the new one)? Seems mildly likely that there will be plenty of plot-bunnies for us to use, what with the detail we have in Sith numbers.

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Haven´t seen it yet. Just retruning to normal life. I think only one of those OPs is 130 ABY. All others were different games. seen a few. They are all of the usual LordT-awesomeness. Although I´ve never seen that specific one. Why don´t you post it Fin? (interesting I ask it here, while he is telling me he needs to search for it first, because he stands right behind me waiting for me to give him his computer back [face_laugh])

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Yes, indeed. I´ll need some time to find it. Actually I need to return home to the computer where it actually is filed, to do so. [face_laugh]

Anyway, I think the most important points have been mentioned.

1. Do we have a GM?
    2. Do we have players and interest?
    3. Do we have anything to tell?

I also agree 130 ABY might be the natural endpoint, not a continuation after Legacy: War. We began in 128 ABY and the game was called The Sith-Imperial War. 133 ABY told the epilogue to it. 128 ABY told the man stroy, as did 129 ABY. The war ends in 130 ABY with Caamas and Ossus. So there we should end.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, I'd be interested, not sure if I could GM any time soon, but its going to be mildly curious, in that a lot of our cast has either left, or has had their plots tied up by 133 ABY...

23. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I have one question... would new OCs be allowed?

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I think there surely would be room for OCs. We will never get a complete cast of Jedi and Sith together from "unended" characters and from players who still roam this board ANYWAY, so new players would be a given. if we use LordTs original concept I would feel obliged to throw my head in the ring. He would expect that much from me . . .

But as it looks I might take over ME: Ashen for an undefinite ammount of time, so who can tell when I would have time?

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWDarkTimes_OutWilderness2.jpg]

XENLY !!!!!!!!!