main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I think that is something that would make it a "non-farewell" game for the ABYverse core, right? Dunno what everybody else thinks, but totally without speaking about quality I think we got am ABYverse core dealing with the Sith-Imperial War and it´s direct aftermath and some periphery games which actually deal with other stuff, mostly in the Outer Rims. And where, to be honest, the whole 133 ABY crew and most of the 128 ABY crew never participated to my knowledge.

So I think we are looking for a game to bid our farewell to ABYverse core, right? Well, concerning your idea and if you do not prefer to put it into Shadow War I think I would need to hear more about it. the tricky thing I find is doing a good plot, after all that happened. Making it accessible and ABYverse the same time.

I think I got a plot that is pretty nice in complementing 128 ABY and 133 ABY. But if sinre wants to I´ll give him first strike. I got also four other games in my head
    :p

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    So I think we need to decide on one and then develop it. o_O Might even bind it together with running games, etc. so you two got titles? Hate to work with Sinre´s game and Sirak´s game.

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    If time is right, I would guest star :p Don´t think I gotta full game inside me anymore, but I would give the god ole ABYverse a last bow, probably. Like TSG did with Xenly and Asaja Morine in 133 ABY . . . something like that. Although probably nobody wants any "force coaching" from Wyyrlok III and Hoole [face_laugh]

But I would love to see that game. As for many 133 ABY was the ned of most of my characters and a perfect one at that, I think the ABYverse as a whole could actually use some last outing. I always considered 130 ABY - The Massacre of Ossus to be ap erfect end, but I admit that was when we had actively played Jedi . . .

Anyway, Sinre or up-and-coming Sirak. Both are excellent GMs and "scolars" of ABYverse. So what could go wrong, possibly?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, Sirak, we could co-GM, if you're interested?

We'll need to hammer it out, I must say.

5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    If you wanna do it, I totally give you the first shot, Sinre. My idea actually would not have a lot space for Co-GMs. I think it really would not be more than five people involved at all. And it is hard to combine with other games. But i got so many ideas and not yet any horizon when I would ever do them, as ToRR get´s more and more healthy . . .

I really think I cannot be counted on until I say it is time :p and having them all divided between Sinre and Fin would be great consistency, right? TSG´s and LordT´s and EKW´s entries all appeared to be more "spin-offs" to me.

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Sorry for double posting but I just now saw the request of Fin.

What I got I codenamed 138 ABY: The Hive (that name will change) and it would include Hespar Kessler, the pardoned Aden Kya and Roland Schiller (remember the radical IK from Taris and Bastion) on a mission for the Triumvirate, that could proof fatal or crucial to the stability of the young 2nd GA as a system goes to Civil War that actually should not be able to . . . a mystery turning into a crisis. It would probably feature cameos by Yu`Dor and Insipid and share some DNA with 133 ABY (but no Xenly, Hoole or Qatar/Romars) as well as being based on storyline of 128 ABY, 129 ABY and Honor fo the Jedi.

It is actully based on one of the background scenes LordT wrote back then . . .

That´s what I got so far and feel save to reveal.

7. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    My plans for 137 ABY got pawned by the comcis, really. I don´t feel I got anything to work with. So they will have to be buried for now. Just in case (and I wondered) anybody wonders. And well, I heard it´s been said a few times lately. But sure. What began with the "Siege of Roche" in 2003 and jumped to AYBverse with Sirak´s character in 128 ABY - The Sith-Imperial War merged in 128 ABY - The Collapsing Galaxy (I knew immediately what was going on when Darth_Bojangles suddenly went through "visions") and ended in 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey. For those players who joined Fins TCG back then I believe it was a pretty straight ride to a tragic and fulfilling end.

I don´t see that we cannot do another chapter. But the farewell in my emotional centre has already been given. For the record. I have no open chars, I believe. Kol did not grow on me at all. The Sith from 129 ABY can easily be considered slain at some point. I am done. Therefore I am open. Should this happen if I have time though I would obviously join, if it is connected to 128 part of ABYverse. The other stuff never spawned my interest, to be truthful. But I won´t miss any of our core-games.

Until then have good games, everybody! [face_peace]

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, that game works for me, and I recall the radical IK, indeed.

I was probably going to do something vaguely similar, but with a focus on where the Knights go after slaying the Emperor, also. Hogrum Chalk would undoubtedly have been somewhere near the middle, that smarmy barve.

I did however want for Romar to get her conversation with the Imperial Throne she was owed. ;)

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, she paid her dues, remember? And she lost the communicator on Gesaril. I never used it. :pSuch a precious item, direct access to the Emperor. But I think I´ll be on Sarge´s side. Kira is happy where she is and will never ever get involved in anything worth a RP again. Won´t touch her. Won´t allow use of her. Her ending was just frakin´ PERFECT. :D Well, we´ll see. As it looks none of us got time. So 2012 it will be earliest or we find another GM.

Right now even playing would be hard for me though.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ditto for me.

I GM KotoLR and Shadow War, and I am playing three NSWRPF games and two SWRPF games... I'm tapped out. Seriously!

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well in that case our argument comes full circle. We don´t have the GM therefore we will not have the game so soon and shoudl wait if our need rises or vanishes over time. maybe a new comic line will give us back the fever. Or more and more people will settle with 133 ABY as an end to it all . . .

I personally feel it to be the end of Honorverse, as TSG said. ABYverse probably ends with 130 ABY and the Massacre. or with Legacy: War. But in my book it really is more 130 ABY.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll agree with that.

13. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
  14. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
  15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I´d say yes. But I like the idea of a "Core-ABYverse" where most of the "firsthour ABYversler" took a hand in and a "wider-ABYVERSE" which had games by LordT, Sinre and Evil_King_Wiggins going on. It would be wider ABYverse, as it touches themes more removed from our original plots and ideas. But it is in the continuity and therefore it is.

What people were discussing the "Core-ABYverse" which takes place between 128 ABY and 133 ABY (and the two games st in this place) and ends probably in 138 ABY with Legacy: War. Some people feel it could have use for a last entry. It does not harm the "validity" or continuity of any other games "set" in ABYverse, though.

Hope that helps.

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you for that explaination.

17. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I think what we need, what we always had . . . is a GM with an idea he needs to make becaue he is so convinced of it and a few players who feel like joining it. That´s how our good games came about. Otherwise we´ll have another Cold Embrace. And yes, I use my game as a negative example. :p

18. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    What happened to 186 ABY - Rite of Passage???

19. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Fin boxed it about a year ago. [face_tired]

20. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Need....more....Shadow....Wars! Help us, Sinre, you're our only hope!

21. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
  22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [:D]

I feel your pain.

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I know what you are saying. The GoL is trying to keep things going in his absences so that the Sith have some kinda opposition when the two sides eventually meet.

24. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Might I suggest kiddnaping the GM?

Me and Sithly both live in the UK, we might be able to arrange something [face_laugh]

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_thinking] Intriguing idea but I doubt you could execute it. There is afterall a very happy newly-wed wife that might hunt you down and eviserate you to get her husband back. . .I'm out and was never here for this discussion[face_shhh]