main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have wrote four updates for the 128 ABY 'verse, and I will post them once a week, on a Monday, so that everyone can get a clear understanding of what happened - though a great deal of it is background knowledge.

The Story So Far...

The Past - 25 ABY to 125 ABY

The Empire is defeated twenty years after the Battle of Yavin, and signs a peace treaty, its territory known as the Imperial Remnant. The New Republic has a short peace, and then the Yuuzhan Vong arrive - alien invaders from another galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong conquer Coruscant, and the New Republic, with the Imperial Remnant and other powers, manage to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong as the Galactic Alliance.

The Imperial Remnant slowly recovers, becoming the Empire again with an Emperor. The Jedi themselves reach into the hundreds and eventually thousands under the leadership of the Skywalker Family, despite repeated attempts by agents of chaos to destroy the Alliance - the Jedi grow large enough that a separate sect, the Imperial Knights, joins the Empire and swears fealty to Emperor Fel, making sure their master never falls to the dark side.

The Sith, destroyed at the Battle of Endor, slowly recover, the numerous Dark Jedi who served the Emperor and Darth Vader inheriting the Sith legacy and becoming Sith themselves across the galaxy. A group known as the One Sith, led by Darth Krayt, eventually grow powerful enough to act, surviving attempts by other Sith groups to destroy them, and remaining concealed in the miasma of Korriban. However, several groups, learning of the One Sith, begin to create their own plans aside from the One Sith, and a series of shadowy pacts between the survivors of Darth Bane's Rule of Two known as the Maleficarum, dissident One Sith and the ancient entity known as Hoole - and as Darth Atavus - begin to come into being to take advantage of the coming storm.

The most telling blows between these parties come in 41 ABY, 65 ABY and 100 ABY - when the One Sith refuse to be goaded by Lumiya into assisting Darth Caedus and strike at Alema Rar, when rogue One Sith led by Darth Insipid flee from Korriban with numerous valuable Sith Holocrons, and in 100 ABY when the rogue One Sith manipulate another group, the Dominion of Darkness, into an ill-fated attempt to conquer the Alliance and Empire.

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Pfft, should've had her shoot Kira <.< Depressive, crazy Jedi.

And the hell is Tenk supposed to use for a weapon? <.< I say the not-so blind old man goes and takes on the Xenly rather then the blind Jedi that can't use the Force :p

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Since this is the place and since we are establishing the families, I would like to introduce the Danathin and Canistia Family ties.

Canistia Family

Timberus Canistia is a Cathar Dark Jedi. He has a sister named Lia Canistia and an older Brother named Jelzo Canistia. Lia is a smuggler and Jelzo is a Jedi. Their grandfather is Kybertooth Canistia, an ancient Cathar who is a warlord of Cathar.

Small family, but just letting people know.

Danathin Family

Myra and Pull Danathin were Murachaun gypsies, for lack of a better phrase, they travel and perform mystical feats and tell stories to anyone who is willing to listen. Their sons, Lorj and A'Scar are completely different stories. Lorj was a sniper during the war and A'Scar was a powerful pirate and a weapons merchant who used cruel practices in wake of the war to make a profit. There is a strong dislike between the brothers which resulted in a stand off in 131 ABY when Lorj, armed with many explosives and rifles, attacked A'Scar's base, destroying it, but failing to kill his brother. In the end, Lorj could not do it, but A'Scar was killed later in a bad business deal.

That's all folks.

-B-

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    You should make it 129 when he attacks that base, bluey. then we coudl actually watch it soon!

And Tenk can not use the lightside . . . I don´t wanna tempt you, but darkness works fine with Xenly.

Once this all is over I would like to se an english summaryof the War of Roche and the Battle of Arkania. These two being the companion pieces of 133.

And finale has come! Love Tahnan´s we began on an Asteroid and we´ll end it on one speech . . .

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Hm....I feel weird today o_O In case my post isn't a hint I just feel....weird. I dunno why but.....I just feel a bit more cheerful today. Like a weird kind cheerful, laid back mood.

...I wondering if it's the fudge I made *looks at his last piece of half-eaten boardwalk fudge*

6. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    You sure you didn't make brownies? Magical Brownies?

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Nope, 'twas definitely fudge <.<

And compared to yesterday I'm just bummed out now. Though that's mostly cause I got work tomorrow and my summer class is gonna be starting up soon [face_plain]

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Magic is all about perception.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I totally dig the idea of previews on upcoming games, here. I guess we could use this threat to see who reprises what in 129 ABY. And maybe force LordT into doing 130 :p

Otherwise I´d say we got loads of games around now. Could anybody explain to me how they are actually connected? I mean 145ABY seems to be a year of many things happening. But somehow I don´t understand what and where . . .

And to all those 133er finale players, my post comes up later and from then on all other RP obligations are on reduced duty so I can update you guys as often as I can.

And concerning 133 ABY The Cold Embrace . . . Malignedy is next. Mark my words. Malignedy IS NEXT!

10. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Considering 130. I seriously am. But I think after Cold Embrace, which has reached it´s middle-part now, I have one more game left . . . and I must choose wisely.

Concerning finale, I updated everything. Really everything I am in.

Is 41 ABY still active, by the way? Long time no post.

Magic is all about the flow of energy in the universe ;) Illusion is all about perception.

Maybe magic is perception. Because maybe magic is illusion. Maybe it is a illusion true magic does not exist. Who knows?

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm waiting on a response from HanSolo29, but I'll get a response up today/tomorrow. I want to get it closer to finished than it is, at least. :p

12. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Converting XENLY. Sounds so crazy, it could actually work . . . [face_worried] Could use the manpower of . . . s few million guys on my side . . .

13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Still got a few cards to play out, my friends. Still got a few cards.

So . . . when do we met? :D

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Meet be the correct word :p

There's also meat, which works like Hoole's gonna be dead meat [face_skull]

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh no! Sarge activated the Hoole-curse!

16. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh? *sips on his Game Fuel*

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    In our old german game we believed that threatening Hoole brought bad luck! :D I never did and survived two encounters with him . . . well he killed me in a flashback recently in my own game, so probably that didn´t work either. :rolleyes:

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I has Game Fuel. I will be fine <.< *sips*

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I´ve got the dices. So I am fine anyway. ;) I am eager to see how Selpha reacts to another chance to kill Cley :D And Lorj gets a shot, too.

Update coming tonight or tomorrow at latest, by the way.

I have lately translated several scenes from the original game (last one was shortened in my post for Tenk). If there is interest I would post those I won´t use here when the scenes where they ar relevant are up. Anybody wanna read them?

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *waves*

By PM, if nobody else wants it. :p

21. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    I wish to read one as well.

Also, I want to run 130 ABY. Any questions?

-B-

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I guess LordT has similiar plans [face_laugh] Or at least I hope so.

Then again, we had two 133 ABYs, so why not two 130ies?

I won´t. I can say that much.

23. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, I have a draft of 130 ABY - The Sith-Imperial War - The Tragedy of Ossus, yeah.

But as I´ll soon announce that the games I still have here . . . might be limited. And it is among many things I came up with lately. So let´s see if it ever happens.

And doesn´t Sinre have a superior right to do sequels of HIS game ANYWAY?

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    HAHAH! Hoole is in 41 ABY. Making it part of the family. And a much worse place, I suppose. Well, poor guys. He is following you. :p

25. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    If I have time, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a 130 game, either.