main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The ABYverse Resource Thread - Now discussing the aftermath of Legacy: War!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 15, 2009.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Welcome to the ABY thread! The home thread for the 128 ABY saga and the spin-offs and entries into the franchise by the Expanded Universe Community and Star Wars Community. The 128 ABY games have been remarkably popular, and we've had numerous adventures in its universe - and we will have more to come!

Beyond the entries by myself, we've had fanfiction from SirakRomar, games from DarkLordoftheFins and LordTroepfchen, and the franchise will later burgeon with entries by many other GMs who have been given their own little playground to play within this storyline.

The ABY Entries

41 ABY
    Shadows Game

100 ABY
    The Force Cold War

120 ABY
    To Reluctant Swordsman

128 ABY
    Turning Point
    The Collapsing Galaxy
    The Unknown Terrors
    Force War

129 ABY
    Betrayal's Aftermath
    Shadows Fall - Upcoming

130 ABY
    To be no Jedi

132 ABY
    To End of Harmony

133 ABY
    The Dark Odyssey
    Cold Embrace
    The Vulture's Talon

135 ABY
    Balancing Act
    The Hidden Darkness

145 ABY
    New Jedi Trials - The Shadow War
    Dominion of Darkness - The Shadow War
    Acolytes of Darkness - The Shadow War
    Guardians of Light - The Shadow War - Upcoming

So, lets get those questions asked! [face_grin]

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    ... Holy crap, that's more than I thought there were. [face_hypnotized]

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Not all of them are RP games, but the majority are. :p

The 120 ABY, 130 ABY and 132 ABY entries are all fanfiction by our own SirakRomar, and the current 129 ABY entry is also fanfic. :D

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    How long do I need to torment you Master, untill the AoD RPG is up?

:p

Hehehehe! Can't wait!
    At least I now know very very roughly what you lot have been talking about.
    And we have a time line! Woo![face_dancing]

5. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Wheeeeeeeeeeee! *comes crashing through the newly-constructed door, lands on the floor, skids halfway through the thread, and finally comes to a stop face-first* Ohi!

6. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    And here you do not even have to play the barkeeper, Sarge *hands him icecold Mountain Dew*

:)

Sorry by the way that I have left Tenk at the mercy of LordT. :p it was you who wanted to have a mental battle with Xenly, remember that!

7. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I said no such thing! *takes the Dew* Was only asking if it was some sort of mental battle thing that is going on and Talia was all nice and safe during all that and not torn into a million pieces >.>

And I was right :p *chugs*

8. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Yay! It finally happened!

So, let me begin with a coople of questions I was having, lately.

1. In what Order do the 133ABY games happen? TDO is after TCE, is it? When does Vulture´s Talon happen?

2. Are they all connected to EACH other or only to 128 ABY? Because I am looking for new games and despite all the hate we ABY´s got, I love my Abyverse. I wanna stay there ;)

3. Is there any plan for the time after 133 ABY so far? Anything in the back of your heads? Anyway, why not do a list of planned upcomings, for the future?

4. Personal interest. How many PMs do you guys write to coordinate this? I read the 128 ABY thing a few days ago. Fin´s lovely document he has made back then and I realized that 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey is FULL of nods to 128 ABY. Even more than I spotted while playing.
    Is there anything like this in the new ones? Because I enjoy them. A lot.

133 - complain of the week:
    Hoole is having Tenk *sighs* I have no clue where Hoole is (where did I mess up, wasn´t I supposed to know by now, Fin?) and first death in 133 ABY - The Cold Embrace was strange. Straaaange.
    And the Xenly "eating Pergitor" was nasty.

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I still haven't read up the latest updates to Odyssey yet other then a quick glance that told me, indeed, Tenk was having a meeting with a certain someone. Between thinking up stuff for my own game, catching up and posting in other games, DRL (argh 64 kids!), I'm only now getting around to doing it :p Expect my post to pop up sometime soon.

10. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Double post

Actually thanks Sinre for giving my little attempts in writing so much attention! *smiles*

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, in the open.

1. 133 ABY: The Vulture´s Claw is in the beginning of the year 133. Right after New Year, so to say. 133 ABY: The Cold Embrace is not long after that. End of first third, maybe. And 133 ABY: The Dark Odyysey takes place in the last third, then.

2. Dunno, must ask Sinre. 133 ABY are all playing in the same universe where 128 ABY - 129 ABY happened and your stories took place. I have no awareness of the other GMs plots.

3. Not by me. 133 ABY: The Dark Odyysey is my final bow as a GM to this universe. I wanna play more, again. There was at one point an idea for a 134 ABY. Dunno if LordT is still considering it. And I expect Sinre to throw out endless waves of games, until he has written a complete history up to the comic-series. 130 ABY is a given, I think. Question is, who does it? :p

4. Glad you like it. Not many realize. But actually I do this mostly on my own. When we beta-read 129 ABY we talked a lot about things and me and Sinre are exchanging 1-3 huge mails from time to time . . . right now we´re pretty active because of 129 ABY: Shadow. Most of the time we try to ask each other questions and not spoil the story to the other . . . :p For Odyssey that was kinda hard.

[i]A question. [/i]

[quote=Sinrebirth][i]135 ABY
    Balancing Act - Upcoming

145 ABY
    New Jedi Trials - The Shadow War
    Dominion of Darkness - The Shadow War - Upcoming
    Acolytes of Darkness - The Shadow War - Upcoming
    Guardians of Light - The Shadow War - Upcoming[/i][/quote]

[i][b]What are they about? [/b][/i]

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Hmmm... Can anyone summarise major events, players, characters and happenings in the ABYverse ? That's the major problem I have with it - I have no idea what went on there, so I don't even know what the Xenly are for example.

BookExogorth likes this.
  13. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    An AoD one, Sinre? So that's what the title of our thread over in the SWC means then? I see. Could be interesting.

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Somebody's been a busy writer, now, haven't they? o_O

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Is the GoL, AoD, and DoD doing a RPG together?:confused:

16. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I think they are all doing separate games that happen to be connected by story.

17. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Ah ok then. That makes sense.

18. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Dudette, my guy's in the middle of fighting against them and even I don't fully understand what the Xenly are for! I think their major appearance is 133 Dark Odyssey. I can't figure out if they did show up in one of the 128 games, at least one of the main baddies responsible for them did. Sinre, Fin, response?

Major events - uh, the Sith killed everything and everyone in 128. :p

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, gotta be short, as my ride will get me to work in a minute.

XENLY. They are sort of a prime antagonist in 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey. All eating insects that are fully under the spell of the Dark Side. Their background isn´t fully known yet. Being partly a mystery is what they are meant to be. They date back to 1999, when they were created for our German Boards and had been imported together with their "not-so-fully-in-control" Master Hoole into our ABYverse. Their main appearance is in 133 ABY. Though their introduction was in 128 ABY - Turning Point where the Sith extracted probes then reappeared in 128 ABY - The Collapsing Galaxy where a hive of them lived beneath the Sith Fortress of Roon and served as a battery for a Sith. Their a good example of how things develop in ABYverse. Brought as a nod to the german players they became essential for Darth_Bojangles and s65horsey in 128 ABY - CG and from there they developed their own spin-off.

Maybe LordT will post their backstory, once the game is done.

Actually without playing 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey you usually don´t know them. Like I wouldn´t know a Togorian King named Shere Khan . . . except I´d be a fan of ManCubs, of course :p

Major events? If I got time I think it will be fun to do this . . .

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I shall be replying properly later today, my friends, but I only have a few minutes at this time. I will also reorganise the 133 ABY order of games to reflect Fin's additional details.

I might release a bit more of the 129 ABY OP to you guys, as well. I already know that Sirak is gonna have a small heart attack of joy. [face_mischief]

The summary of events is gonna be quite massive, methinks, but I can pull it together. :D

The order of the numerous battles fought during the games is referenced here, for those of us curious. That should give you a vague idea as to how things look, at very least.

I'd also like to announce that 129 ABY will take place six months after the end of the 128 ABY arc. So if anyone has any preferences as to where those six months have taken them, PM me between now and the end of the month, please!

Sinre Questions to Answer:

1. How long until the AoD RPG is up?
    2. Is there any plan for the time after 133 ABY so far? Anything in the back of your heads? Anyway, why not do a list of planned upcomings, for the future?
    3. Personal interest. How many PMs do you guys write to coordinate this? I read the 128 ABY thing a few days ago. Fin´s lovely document he has made back then and I realized that 133 ABY - The Dark Odyssey is FULL of nods to 128 ABY. Even more than I spotted while playing.
    Is there anything like this in the new ones? Because I enjoy them. A lot.
    4. What are they [135 ABY and 145 ABY] about?
    5. Can anyone summarise major events, players, characters and happenings in the ABYverse ?

21. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    The Xenly :cool: Pretty easy . . . little black things that eat and kill everything. Can drive you mad. And replicate like hell. And considering that they produce Darkside energy like a lamp does light every evil guy wants them. And none has ever, ever managed to control them.

They are nasty little bugs and they are many.

I love them! [face_hypnotized]

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    They burn good [face_skull]

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    And taste great with thousand island dressing! o_O

24. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    U'tek's about to find out how tasty they really are =P~ ... if he doesn't get killed first.

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    I don't suppose mounting some kind of defense would do any good or should I just wait for the dices? :p