The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Skiara
  1. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Mitth_Fisto

The loud th-wumps resounded after each ch-chink of the seven symbols being locked into place. As the final one locked in a double whir sounded before an explosion of pure energy resounded in what might have best been described as 'A toilet flushing sideways', which to him was as good a description as any for the short lived blue energy fountain before it collapsed into a vertical shimmering pool basking in it's own power.

Out of this stepped a forlorn figure, rags that looked more like pieces of dust and clay reformed and shredded together enshrouded the hunch-backed figure to leave only his head exposed. Where one aspect of attire or the other of shape might have been excused, the head and face more than tipped the scales away from thoughts of anything other than a sorry creature. With a form misshapen like an over-ripened fruit, blotched in colors rarely seen in a single species that nearly made one overlook the deep crags and scaly formations. These upon a cragly face with hair around so thin that the wisps barely stood out about his head by the light they refracted, he was a sorry excuse for a being of any note on any world. Yet this one, somehow, was known by a few in places both central and unknown in the galaxies.

An elaborate cane was the only thing that denoted the form attached to it any distinguishment, as it was a cane of phrink that resembled a pile of tiny bones that were heaped upon a lonely skull at the bottom to rise in a narrow tower to end with an miniature Mythosaur's skull dominating the top to form the grip. As the rag covered hand gripping just below the top skull tapped the cane three times upon the ground, the released dust from the arm forming a small cloud about him, he coughed softly once. This, this was his only announcement of his presence, as he turned a head to the goings on further in and further out.

TAG: Sith-I-5, other attendees of this fine establishment
  2. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sergeant Isk

The Imperial seatrooper, ex- of the game [link=]Star Wars: Final Resurrection[/link], thanks to a rebel grenade rolled into a Balmorra bunker; hustled along the hallway within the RPF Academy.

His black-and-white semi-armour, like that of an ROTJ scout trooper, but complete with flippers, finally seemed apt, considering the location of the venue, smack dab in the middle of the Iskalon ocean.

Isk was responding to an ?unscheduled offworld activation? of their stargate; in short, someone had used the Ancient transportation device to access Reception, and as far as he knew, there was no-one there to meet them.

He passed the Main Hall on the right, where most of the teaching would talk place, whenever they had students in, and he paused at the double doors for a second ? I-5 and Tosh (the usual receptionist) were in there with four new people that he did not recognise, but when he saw the purple twi?lek youngling brandishing a lightsabre, he realised there was a lesson of some type going on ? and carried on to the welcome area.

Dead ahead along the aquamarine corridor, door led across a brief loading area, and out onto the landing pads, but before getting that far, on the left were Ktala?s office, and then Reception.

Isk turned in, and then stopped.

Before the vertical circular pool of ?water?, that was the stargate?s event horizon, stood a terrible-looking specimen, hunched over, all tattered rags and cracked flesh.

The seatrooper wondered whether Toshiko kept some moisturiser behind the counter.

?Hello, Sir,? He greeted in as professional manner as possible, ?welcome to the RPF Academy. I am Sergeant Isk.? And you are?

Tag: Mitth Fisto, any
  3. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5

Looking as he was, toward where noises could be heard coming from, he was aptly turned to see a sight that hadn't graced his vision in a long-long time. It nearly brought a smile to his cracked lips, if they were not constrained as they were by the veritable scales of destitude he might of not been able to prevent such a fopa in its infancy. Still, his eyes glistened for a moment with found moisture and merriment before returning their normal questing state.

"Sergeant Isk, thank you and congratulations on beating over half the aurebesh. I am Mitth, of the Fisto Myth's of the RPF." His voice unlike his body yet flowed smoothly, with the barest hint of a roughened undercoat that showed through in the auhhs and iths.

Looking the figure up and down with barely a tip of the head, that might be misconstrued for a small bow on one already stooped, he took in the charming figure. His own mind raced to his troopers, by adoption through one of his characters, or from his own creation into a fledgling resistance.

"I believe I am here for a reason. . ." he added after the moment of his own minds silence. Surely it would come to him, if not he would find something to do since he was already here. Perhaps create Osk to keep the lad company, no. . .to wastefull of the pieces of his mind. What was a mind though? Certainly he did not. Mind that is.

TAG: Sith-I-5 (Sgt. Isk)
  4. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Sergeant Isk, Sith-I-5, et al

Isk listened politely as the visitor spoke. There were different procedures to follow, depending on whether this was a veteran player signing on to be an instructor, a student, a character from a game, or even one of the Mods, here on a State or inter-forum visit.

? Sergeant Isk, thank you and congratulations on beating over half the aurebesh. I am Mitth, of the Fisto Myth's of the RPF.?

The sergeant inclined his head to the player. ?Sir.? It had been an empty few weeks, with no activity at the Academy. He and Mitch had got to talking, about, among other things, the annual Winter Balls.
    The seatrooper was reasonably sure that that was where he recognised the name from.

The figure looked him up and down, and the Isk could feel the being?s mind cogitating.
    ?I believe I am here for a reason. . .?

Okay, perhaps not.

Still, this was a player, a TFN resident, and deserved to be seen by someone a bit higher up the food chain, than Isk.

?If you will take a seat, sir, I shall summon Sith-I-5. He is the current Coordinator.? Isak gestured to the comfortable citrus-coloured seating at the back of the room. Listen to me, all polite. he thought to himself.

Main Hall

The young twi?lek seemed to have gotten over his shyness, and was speaking confidently to the audience.

?This manoeuvre is called a Jung ma, which is a 360-degree full circle turn where the speed of the turn is used to gain power for the eventual strike. Like so.?

Facing the worried Potter, lightsabre horizontal in a double-handed grip, Fenlaka stepped to the right, spun away from Harry, turning past the audience, Toshiko, Sith-I-5, whirling full circle to slash the green energy blade forcefully across the black torso armour that the junior wizard had just been strapped into.

pop!

The lightsabre extinguished without warning, drawing a surprised, ?What the-?? from the unbalanced padawan, while Harry Potter?s knees buckled, and he collapsed.

?Tosh? Smelling salts, please.? Sithy smiled down at the unconscious schoolboy, not at all malevolently, and looked towards Miralia and Masterjoy: ?Master Potter was wearing a material called cortosis, and it not only resists the lightsabre blade, but as you can see, it will actually extinguish the thing as well, which you really don?t want in the middle of a duel. Fen? Hold it away from you, and try turning it back on.?

?Is it safe??

Sithy smiled. Given the popping sound, which had been poetic licence, really, it was a fair question.
    ?If it wasn?t, do you think I would be up here with you? I would have found a reason to leave, trust me.?

biddley-beep

The Coordinator looked down as his attention-seeking vortex manipulator. ?Aaaannd it looks like I am needed in Reception.?

?Err?!?

I-5 hopped off the stage, and headed to meet Mitth, while behind him, one boy was now gingerly holding the pommel of his lightsabre between thumb and forefinger, while the other was sparko on the floor, with the pretty Torchwood scientist tried to bring him round with smelling salts.

?Ladies.? He acknowledged the audience members with a smile.

In a few seconds, he was sweeping into Reception to see Isk and the newcomer.

Tag: Mitth
  5. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    Reception

?If you will take a seat, sir, I shall summon Sith-I-5. He is the current Coordinator.?

He received the gesture and indications with a true nod of his head this time, turning he allowed the cane to snap against the ground with every second step. It's crack upon the floor left no damage in its wake, but his robes could not have the same said about them as the hem dragged and left a trail of dirt and sand in his wake.

Sitting down he visibly held his breath as he waited for the small cloud of dust to disburse, making a comical figure with ballooned out cheeks and reddening skin tone for several moments. Mere moments after sitting, and then being able to breath again, the indicated Sith-I-5 came in. Smiling he knew he knew this man, why he would recognize him even on his best day! No. . .that wasn't right. Wasn't the point now anyway as Sithy had begun talking - nope just breathing. Who's Sithy?

"If your going to tell me to rise, give me a minute to re-find my breath first." he said with a tilt of the cane to the Coordinator. "I think I met you before. . .different body then." he half-sighed as he looked up at the man. Christmas Ball if he recalled correctly was the last, he had sported a much better physique then. Was it really that long ago?

TAG: Sith-I-5
  6. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Sith-I-5, Reception

I-5 noticed the old gentlebeing parked on the soft seating, first, and then the trail of sand leading from the dissipated stargate curving round as it trailed the visitor.
    He didn't know if it was an SG-1 thing, but he made a deliberate effort to side-step the stuff as he went over, nodding to his seatrooper.

"If your going to tell me to rise, give me a minute to re-find my breath first." The visitor wheezed, raising the unusual looking cane towards him. "I think I met you before. . .different body then."

Sithy had been researching Mandalorian words recently for his roleplay, so recognised the Mythosaur skull atop the cane.

"Nah, you're alright." He nodded, grabbing an application form and pen off the counter, as he approached, and took the seat next to the elder statesman. "So, what can we do for you, at the RPF Academy?"

In deference to the marine environment, Sithy was in black trousers and a thick white jumper bearing an early Dragonbusters: The Moons of Yavin logo - a red circle and slash superimposed over the insignia of the Dragon home computer from back in the Eighties.

I-5 silently absorbed the comment about 'different body', since, granted, he had the memory of a sieve sometimes, he certainly did not recognise this individual.

Tag: Mitth, any
  7. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    IC: MasterJoy, Main Hall

The Jedi Master watched with great enthusiasm as a lesson on how to play a Force user was played, and was very impressed with the demonstration in the lightsaber lesson. Learning about armor was well and good, but she wanted to learn how to teach lightsaber skills. The Jedi leader spoke in a kind and sweet voice.

"All of this is very interesting and informative, but I would like to see some offensive and defensive lightsaber moves, so that I may teach them to my students at my Jedi academy. What can you show me?"

TAG: Sithy, others
  8. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5

"Ah, there is the rub. . .rub-a-dub-dub." he added with a yellow toothed smile as he raised his cane and putting action to words rubbed his head. As he did so the Mythosaur skull upon the top began to glow out of the eye sockets before flashing a life sized holographic image to float a short distance away.

The figure, hunched and weathered, leaned forward at this for a moment with widening eyes before exclaiming with an even larger gaping mouth "It's me!"

[image=http://www.hardcloud.com/uploads/products/A183800wh_a_300.jpg]

Yes, there it was. His old body yet bedecked for the Christmas/Winter Ball past. The figure began to speak immediately, "If you are watching this I would ask you with-hold your sympathies and extend instead forgiveness for what has brought this about. The one you see before you is indeed me, and my next experiments in Vong Masquer layering has gone dreadfully wrong."

"So that's why the sand pricks me while itching itself." muttered the bent figure as he rubbed his chin on a dirty sleeve.

"I am here to offer my services as teacher, instructor, and as a Co-GM seeking to let a piece of a galaxy formed speak for itself. Once you have or I have escaped the present situation I am sure that you will find my services more to your Sithly standards of excellence." With a small fizz-zrt the image disappated into nothingness once more. Descending Sith and Mitth into a moment of the after glow that contained complete silence beyond the waves outside the facility, and the air's gentle breezes.

Putting his head ontop of the staff the bent figure looked over at Sithy, "Windy fellow ain't he?"

TAG: Sith, any
  9. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Lightsabre Lessons with Fen and Harry [continued?]

Toshiko Sato, Harry Potter, Fenlaka Zula ? Main Hall

The Receptionist was now just killing time till the Coordinator came back. She had had no kids of her own in her former actual life, and had not really interacted with any youngsters since school; and even then, having moved back to Japan to get schooled there, the indigenous children had been quite hostile.

You couldn?t look at her school-mates and see where the Power Rangers came from, that was for sure.

?All of this is very interesting and informative, but I would like to see some offensive and defensive lightsaber moves, so that I may teach them to my students at my Jedi academy. What can you show me?? The jedi master in the front row called forwards.

Tosh looked dubiously at the pair of youngsters, then over to the pile of props, and spotted the short pile of numbered paper plates.

?Well,? She announced as she trotted over to scoop them off the stage, ?we will have to start with the basics, the Body Zones. Now Harry, we are going to put these plates on you-?

What happened next gave her the impression that the Boy Wizard had had enough.

"You ****** won't." Harry stepped forward, aimed his little wooden stick at her, and started on the words of a spell, though which one, got lost amid the circle of green light as Fen spun his lightsabre blade anti-clockwise through the wand, leaving a carbonised stump an inch from Harry?s knuckles!

?Fen?, what was that?!? She called down to the twi?lek, expecting him to apologise, but instead he ignored her and the dumbfounded Quidditch player to address Masterjoy:

?That lightsabre technique, that act of disarming an opponent by disabling their weapon, is known as sun djem. Obviously, the point is to stop the fight without harming the opponent. You, like I did, use a circular motion with your blade to achieve this, though any strike that does the same, I expect would count.? He demonstrated holding the middle of the hilt with his left hand, and using the right hand to hold the laser sword loosely to help guide the movement.

?Now, when roleplaying duels, it is a common problem that one player?s description of their characters? movements, mean absolutely sweet frag all to the opposing player. But, like this, there is a short list of moves, that you can use the name of, say what it means, and save yourself having to describe it, since other fans interested in lightsabre combat should be able to follow it. An excellent example is the sai cha. Master Windu took out Jango Fett with this in Attack of the Clones. The classic beheading move. If your opponent reads that, they know you aren?t just keeping them busy until your backup arrives; nope, you are here to END them.?

Fen glanced back at Harry, who was staring at his shorn wand, and whimpering a bit. He addressed the audience.

?Back to the sun djem though. If your opponent is practiced in Makashi, the second lightsabre form, they are trained to prevent their lightsabres being damaged, so that might not work.Obviously, the point is to stop the fight without harming the opponent. You, like I did, use a circular motion with your blade to achieve this, though any strike that does the same, I expect would count.?

The wizard finally piped up. ?You could have taken my hand off!?

?Pul-lease.? The twi?lek stopped just short of kissing his teeth. He had brought up better than that. ?But if I had, taking the opponents weapon-holding hand would have been a cho mai. It demonstrates that the jedi doing it had the compassion and mercy-?

?It blooming doesn?t!?

?-and mercy to cause the opponent minimal physical damage.? Fenlaka look
  10. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sith-I-5, Sergeant Isk, Reception.

"Ah, there is the rub. . .rub-a-dub-dub." Mitth muttered, then rubbing his own bald pate and raising the cane, caused the Mythosaur skull to project a life-sized hologram of a male party-goer, and that Sithy recognised.

"I like his colour taste." The black-and-white seatrooper put in.

"It's me!" The visitor supplied gleefully, falling silent as the holo began to speak.
    I-5 and Isk gave it their full attentions.

"If you are watching this I would ask you with-hold your sympathies and extend instead forgiveness for what has brought this about. The one you see before you is indeed me, and my next experiments in Vong Masquer layering has gone dreadfully wrong."

"Not to go all 'Amelia Pond' on you," the sergeant apologised up front, arms crossed, "but, 'I'm sorry, what?!"

"So that's why the sand pricks me while itching itself." Mitth muttered while rubbing his chin on a dirty sleeve.

Sithy realised that he needed to get out more; he had no idea what either the purported-Mitth or the holo-Mitth were on about. Though, if this was about the 'Vong', it turned out that nothing killed I-5's interest in a franchise like Chewie being abandoned to die, so there was a lot of continuity now that he simply did not know.

"I am here to offer my services as teacher, instructor, and as a Co-GM seeking to let a piece of a galaxy formed speak for itself. Once you have or I have escaped the present situation I am sure that you will find my services more to your Sithly standards of excellence."

"Windy fellow ain't he?"

There was a pause as the Coordinator looked at Mitth. He looked towards the now vanished holo, then in desperation, up at Isk.

"I, er, believe that somewhere in there, he volunteered his services as an instructor." The sergeant translated.

Sithy rose from the seating, beaming down at the ragged figure. "And we would be pleased to have you, sir." He indicated the door to the corridor. "We have a lightsabre lesson going on close by; perhaps you would like to see if you can offer any insight. Oh, don't get up."

He leaned past his new staff member, to flick a hidden switch on the side of Mitth's seating, the plush chair rising off the floor on mini-repulsors to bring the visitor's head about the same level as the standing Coordinator's own.

"Sergeant, if you would like to do the honours?"

"Yes, Coordinator." The seatrooper went behind the floating seat, and gave it a hefty double-handed shove towards the door.

Sithy side-stepped as it floated past, then looked back towards Isk. "Stay here. Run a hoover around, then see if you can contact Ktala."

Tag: Mitth, Ktala, any
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala - Her Office

"Hehehehe."

Ktala laughed softly, as she sat at her desk. She had just gotten back, having passed out a few armbands to a few folks so that they would visit the Academy a bit later.

She was sitting down now, plotting something for Halloween. She wasnt sure if she was going to be able to launch when she had planned, but she would give it a try.

She sat at her desk, humming slightly, as she worked. A large cup of steaming coffee sat next to her, with the slight scent of hazelnut drifting in the air. A small beep caught her attention. It took her a moment to figure out what it was.

"Hello?"

Tag: Sith-I-5, Mitth, any
  12. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5

"I, er, believe that somewhere in there, he volunteered his services as an instructor." The sergeant translated.

"Didn't we just say that?" he mumbled to himself as he stared at the ground, absent mindidly itching at his dust encrusted clothing. Really, was it that hard to understand him even when he didn't have invinsible fire ants crawling over his skin?

Sithy rose from the seating, beaming down at the ragged figure. "And we would be pleased to have you, sir." He indicated the door to the corridor. "We have a lightsabre lesson going on close by; perhaps you would like to see if you can offer any insight. Oh, don't get up."

Smiling and nodding to rise, the past moment forgotten in the haze induced by the non-existant ants, then froze. How in Joe's Volcano was he supposed to get to the room with the lightstick show if he didn't get up? Next thing he knew, the answer was provided as his roost rose into the air and floated there.

Quickly he snapped his cane up, resting it across the arm-rests of the chair like a makeshift safety bar. When he began to move he looked down apprehensively at the moving floor, but once he saw his course was likely to miss crashing into any doors, or send him sailing into the ocean of this world he raised both arms in joy. Shouting as he raised and lowered it, "Urk-urk Weeeeeeeeeeee!"

His mind wondered for a brief moment before the next exclaimation if he should denote moves against a lightsaber, the weakness' and stengths of the weapon as compared to the weapon form of blasters, or the variability of the weapon itself? Too many questions for such a short moment, but the vague notions were there before he resounded again in his slow ride into the next room "Urk-urk Weeeeeeeee!"

TAG: Sith-I-5, Any
  13. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sergeant Isk, Doctor Yakamura Misake, Sith-I-5

The seatrooper looked over the reception counter at the trail of sand laid by their latest visitor, and wondered where Tosh kept the hoover, or if she even knew where it was.

He didn?t know if the asked for Ktala had a personal comlink or not, so dialled up her nearby office, from the communications keyboard.

After a pause, ?Hello??

Isk depressed the button to respond. ?Ma?am, the Coordinator was asking after you. He should be in the corridor outside your office, but on the way to the Main Hall.?

A flash of light and psuedo-motion caught his attention, and Isk glanced up to see a young Japanese woman in the white coat of a doctor or scientist.

?I have to go.? He told Ktala. ?New visitor. Can I help you, Miss??

The new arrival glanced quickly round the room, her eyes settling upon the unfamiliar soldier.
    ?I am from the AvP: Alien versus Predator game on the Non-SW RPF, and I think we desperately need new players. At the moment, we just have two active players batting the human action back and forth.?

Out in the corridor, Sith-I-5 looked on, bemused, as the legendary Mitth urk-urk-wheee?d his way along the aquamarine hallway.

Sithy bumped the floating seat left through the double doors leading into the Main Hall, and looked at his usual receptionist trying to revive the crumpled Potter kid with smelling salts, while the Fenlaka boy stood around awkwardly, lightsabre pointed down towards the stage.
    ?I didn?t hit him that hard. Must have some kind of self-destruct mechanism.?

Tag: Ktala, Mitth, any
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala - Her Cosy Office

"Hello?"

After a few seconds, a voice responded. "Ma?am, the Coordinator was asking after you. He should be in the corridor outside your office, but on the way to the Main Hall."

"Ok." Ktala replied, grinning. "Thanks."

"I have to go." the voice told Ktala. "New visitor."

And she was left alone once again. She stood up, and after straightening her clothes, headed out of her office, and headed for the Main Hall. She wondered what I-5 was up to now. Probably had something planned.

She chuckled darkly as she made her way to the Hall. She knew of a certain game about to launch, and knew the hall would be receiving more visitors soon. At least that was something.

She then entered the Main Hall, and began to look around. "Hello?!" she called out, as she walked in.

TAG: Sith-I-5, anyone else in Main Hall
  15. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sith-I-5, Main Hall

The Coordinator looked in concern towards the stage, though a little less urgently once he realised that it wasn?t the twi?lek kid who was hurt.

Fen was Mitch?s kid, and Sithy longed to write for the two of them again.

?Hello??

I-5 turned at the voice behind him. ?Ah, Ktala, there you are.? He nodded to the repulsor chair. ?Meet Mitth?s current incarnation. It, or he, has volunteered to be an instructor here.?

An ominous two-toned alarm of some type blared throughout the hall, and could be heard echoing elsewhere in the ocean-based Academy.

Sithy stiffened and looked round with a frown, and ironically enough, some alarm. ?What the hell was that??

?That is the Hub lockdown alarm!? Tosh called from the stage, then addressed the kids as she stood, forcing the wizard to stand, ?Harry, Fen, grab your things. We are heading to the nearest evac? point.?

The klaxon blared again, accompanied by a calm, recorded voice that demanded attention: Emergency Recall, all GAW characters. Emergency Recall. Galaxy at War IV: The Prisoner of Coruscant launching soon.

Sith-I-5 felt breathless, even though he understood now that there was no safety issue.

GAW was coming back.

A sappy grin slowly crossed his face.

Tag: Any
  16. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala, Main Hall

Ktala called out as she walked into the main hallway, and saw a curious sight. I-5 was standing next to a hoverchair, with a very curious looking being sitting inside.

I-5 turned at the voice behind him. "Ah, Ktala, there you are." He nodded to the repulsor chair. "Meet Mitth?s current incarnation. It, or he, has volunteered to be an instructor here."

As Ktala got a better look at the being, she only raised an eyebrow. She then gave a smile. "In that case, welcome. Always happy to meet other instructors." she said with a smile. She then looked at I-5 and then the man again. "What do you prefer to be called?" she asked him, since going 'hey ugly' would not be a good thing. She thought of a silly movie while looking at him, and wondered if a bit of moisturizer would help. She abruptly stopped that thought before she started giggling.

An ominous two-toned alarm of some type blared throughout the hall, and could be heard echoing elsewhere in the ocean-based Academy.

Sithy stiffened and looked round with a frown. "What the heck was that?"

Ktala quickly reminded herself that they were over water. Not that she was worried...exactally. "This is YOUR place. YOU should know!" she quipped back.

"That is the Hub lockdown alarm!" Tosh called from the stage, then addressed the kids as she stood, forcing the wizard to stand, "Harry, Fen, grab your things. We are heading to the nearest evac? point." Ktala had not noticed them there before, and she gave a slight grin, even with the dire sounding news.

The klaxon blared again, accompanied by a calm, recorded voice that demanded attention: Emergency Recall, all GAW characters. Emergency Recall. Galaxy at War IV: The Prisoner of Coruscant launching soon.

"Oy vey!" Ktala growled in frustration, even as Sith-I-5 gave a sappy grin. She gave him a playful slap. "You trying to give folks a heart attack for a GAME?!" she told him. "Or is someone else in charge of your emergency systems?"

She stood back, and crossed her arms. "Now, was there something you wanted to talk about, before all of this? I have a few more prospects in mind for visitors to the Academy. So, what lessons do you have in mind?" she asked him.

Tag: I-5, Anyone who wants to talk
  17. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sith-I-5

"Ah, the infamous Ktala love-tap," I-5 joked ruefully, as his left arm lost all feeling. "Tosh, no need to panic." He told the receptionist, as her Torchwood-led trio bustled past for the doors. "Take Fen to reception though, and prepare him for departure. He's a GAW character for this new game, and we will have to recall Mitch from **Forces**, though his work there is pretty much done. Sergeant Isk too."

He paused, thinking that the resurgence of that Galaxy at War meant changes to the Academy staff; it would be difficult to hold two positions for the Head of Security, and their resident seatrooper, though there were very few sea campaigns, so perhaps Sergeant Isk would not be a problem.

He looked back at Ktala, reviewing her query: "You trying to give folks a heart attack for a GAME?! Or is someone else in charge of your emergency systems?"

I-5 shrugged. "I don't involve myself with infrastructure."

"Now, was there something you wanted to talk about, before all of this?"

He had actually forgotten what on Oseon he had wanted her for, so said nothing.

"I have a few more prospects in mind for visitors to the Academy."

"Okay, that sounds good. I am going to make arrangements for the GM of Galaxy at War to come in, tell me about her fourth instalment. We may need to formalise things though. Maybe you do some of the interviews, because I was keeping your Stryker, and Mitth here waiting too long between responses."

"So, what lessons do you have in mind?"

"Well, I dunno really. The lightsabre lesson has moved to PM fpr Masterjoy, and according to that note on her empty chair," Sithy indicated the empty seat next to the jedi grandmaster. "Miralia has gone back to Fan Fic. I don't know if we have an audience to do the lightsabre lessons for now, which is probably music to Harry's ears."

18. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

"Ah, the infamous Ktala love-tap," I-5 joked. Ktala simply smiled. "Be thankful I wasnt using my Force whip." she said with a smirk, remmebering some fun times within the bar.

A N Y W A Y . . .

"Now, was there something you wanted to talk about, before all of this? She asked him. I-5 was usually silent, so she continued.

"I have a few more prospects in mind for visitors to the Academy."

"Okay, that sounds good. I am going to make arrangements for the GM of Galaxy at War to come in, tell me about her fourth installment. We may need to formalise things though. Maybe you do some of the interviews, because I was keeping your Stryker, and Mitth here waiting too long between responses." Ktala simply nodded. It was a possibility.

"So, what lessons do you have in mind?" she asked him. His response was swift. "Well, I dunno really. The lightsaber lesson has moved to PM for Masterjoy, and according to that note on her empty chair," Sithy indicated the empty seat next to the Jedi grandmaster. "Miralia has gone back to Fan Fic. I don't know if we have an audience to do the lightsabre lessons for now, which is probably music to Harry's ears."

Ktala pouted. "Durn. Wondered what happened to Miralia. She was doing well." Ktala sighed. She began to think about a few ideas.

19. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sith-I-5

Pre-occupied with his own wrist device, Sithy was busy trying to get navigation details for Galaxy at War III, so that he could refer back to the last posts there, to help inform his continuing entries in the newest game.

Ah, gotcha. He thought, then realized that Ktala was still speaking. He looked up at her. ?Eh? Oh yes, Miralia. I should probably PM her, give her an update.?

The Coordinator straightened, indicating Mitth?s floating chair.

?Think you can stay here, and interview him about his new game? Or guide his chair back to your office?? He tapped a fingernail onto the face of his vortex manipulator. ?I want to programme these coordinates into the stargate so that we can send?..? His words trailed off as he noted that being able to send Mitch, Fen and Isk to GAW III would not do anyone any good, since that was the locked thread. He needed a link for GAW IV too. Heck, he needed both!

Muttering strategies to himself, Sithy shuffled fast for Reception.

Tag: any

OOC: GAW III LINK
  20. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    CONSEQUENCES MATTER

Add realism or variety into your roleplay on occasionby noting selling points of your ships or equipment, and work them into the story.

?Sir. Uh, my lord.? The Blue Guard (BG) sounded breathless. ?Sorry for the tardiness; we expected you to land in the Plaza.?

?So did we.? Nelf admitted, half turning to indicate his parked tri-finned shuttle. ?The Theta-class have intelligent defensive systems that scan landing areas for signs of hostiles, to protect their passengers. Great selling point, I understand. So when ours scanned the area and gleefully announced ?Game On!?, we thought it prudent to find out what in Oseon it was talking about before landing.? The half-elf took a breath. ?Good job we did; you almost lost a roof-load of snipers." He paused. "You do know you've got snipers on the roofs surrounding the Square??
  21. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

Annoyed that he was pre-occupied with what every this silly game of GaW was all about, she was about to 'tap' him on the shoulder again, when he looked up at her.

"Eh? Oh yes, Miralia. I should probably PM her, give her an update."

WHA? She was trying not to get annoyed. She looked over towards Mitth's floating chair.

The Coordinator straightened, indicating Mitth?s floating chair.

"Think you can stay here, and interview him about his new game? Or guide his chair back to your office?" He tapped a fingernail onto the face of his vortex manipulator. "I want to programme these coordinates into the stargate so that we can send?.." His words trailed off .. It was difficult to talk to the man, when he was so preoccupied. Without any other notice, he started muttering to himself, and shuffled fast towards Reception.

Ktala stared at the back of his head for a minute, wondering if she could punt a football that far, before she turned to look back and the being floating around in the chair. Mitth's newest being, hmmm? I-5 had left so fast, she did not even know what new game he was talking about.

Ktala gave the being a sweet smile. "Well then, no reason to head back to my office. This area is much more interesting." She laughed softly.

"So, could you please tell me a little about this game, our hurried administrator was speaking about?" she asked the man, as she walked over to grab something to drink. She gave the dusty looking man a once over.

"Would you like anything to drink?" she asked, as she waited for him to speak.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, I-5, any

P.S.
    Yes, knowing yer ship is important. One of the few times that size does matter ... :p
  22. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Mitth Fisto

The two talked long and hard, and if he wasn't so preoccupied with himself he might of realized that one of the speakers was similarly preoccupied with something. Not that it would of accomplished much, but still it would of helped explain why once his name was called why no one else but the person before him was to be found. . .and according to his craning neck and quick turn in the chair that sent it on a lazy spin, anywhere.

Once she finished chuckling at her own joke he fought furiously with his elaborate walking stick on the ground below to bring a halt to slow speed at attempt at dizzyness. "So, could you please tell me a little about this game, our hurried administrator was speaking about?"

Her question brought him up short as his attempts finally did the same to his chair, "Game?" he questioned himself somewhat on that point. It was really hard to concentrate though with these ants in his legs.

"Drink?" he questioned again as he rubbed his leg with the rough surface of the metal stick. His frown deepening to the point where his lips seemed likely to overtake his jaw, his own attempts at cognizent thoughts making his features distort further. "Yes, a drink would be nice. Yes, nice." he finally replied.

"So I have a game? I thought I only was an aid of. . .something." Then something clicked in his head, he didn't remember why but the time was suddenly very important. Quickly he checked his wrist but only found a small note. Unwrapping it feverishly he read it then, with a large shrug did as it said. Wasn't like he was doing anything now anyway.

Taking his stick he flipped it over and pried open the jaw on the skull bottom, to reveal a small combination plate that he referred back to the note before entering the activation code. Turning the stick over he bobbed it on the ground once, causing the jaw to snap shut and the eyes of the mythosaur skull at the top to glow briefly as it emitted a beap.

"Speaker will be here soon." he nodded to woman just before a pop of displaced air was heard and an Arkanian individual wearing some tan insect styled armor came into existance. "He's here!" Mitth cried in glee as the figure gave a look of utter confusion over his predicament before asking aloud as he took in the position of both the odd man and woman present.

Then it spoke, "Where in the Emperor's black bones am I!?"

This caused Mitth's smile to twitch somewhat, after all something was familiar and he knew he felt happy about the individual being here. Why didn't the new person feel the same? Especially since he felt he had given the person the fancy watch as a present or something.

TAG: Ktala
  23. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

"So, could you please tell me a little about this game, our hurried administrator was speaking about?", Ktala asked the small being. He looked rather confused about the question, so Ktala went a different route.

"Drink?" he questioned again as he rubbed his leg with the rough surface of the metal stick. His frown deepening, and Ktala was wondering just how far his face was going to distort when he finally answered. "Yes, a drink would be nice. Yes, nice." he finally replied.

"Alright." she replied as she walked over to the bar, and began to pour two drinks. As she poured them, she heard the being speak.

"So I have a game? I thought I only was an aid of. . .something."

Ahh. I-5 did say he was here to be an instructor as well. That was good. As she turned around, he activated something on the top of his cane. Interesting. She handed him the glass, and said nothing, as she took a sip.

"Speaker will be here soon." he nodded to woman just before a pop of displaced air was heard and an Arkanian individual wearing some tan insect styled armor came into existance. "He's here!" Mitth cried in glee as the figure gave a look of utter confusion over his predicament before asking aloud as he took in the position of both the odd man and woman present.

Ktala looked over, totally surprised at the sudden appearance, but recognizing the source.

Then it spoke, "Where in the Emperor's black bones am I!?"

This caused Mitth to smile, while Ktala chuckled softly. Emperor's black bones, ehh? My, this sounded more interesting by the moment.

Ktala turned, giving a dark smile as she faced the newcomer. "Your at the Academy. Welcome." she told him. She knew he would not have a clue, but might as well be polite. It was amusing to watch, in any case.

TAG: Mitth, I-5, ANYONE ELSE!
  24. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    ROLEPLAYING ? the basics

So what is a roleplaying game on the RPF, the Role Playing Forum?

It is where someone comes up with an Adventure idea that they are want to see played out more dynamically than would be possible just doing it as fan-fiction.

Whether based on Star Wars or not, note that these games, or RPGs, are only based on the Source franchise. If you as a player or an observer, notice a variation between what is canon, and what a Games Master (GM) puts in his or her game, their vision trumps the source material.

Getting a game to fruition is like baking a soufflé, any manner of things can go wrong, so although GMs will generally accept new players, even after a game has started, you will have to apply to be in their games.

That process, most of the time, involves the creation of a character sheet for the game that you want to insert into their game.

Character Sheets, often shortened to CS, help the GM to decide if your character would be okay for their game, and since THEY know the ins and outs of their own game, they might ask you to change one or two things, or say your character is not allowed in.

Refusal reasons can be because your character is too powerful for the game.

For instance, if you want to play Garek Malen out of The Force Unleashed, that would likely be too powerful to drop into a carefully crafted game, and so the GM might err on the side of caution, and say, ?No way, José!?

So, joining a game.

STEP ONE ? Read the very first post

We call this the Intro' Post, or Introductory Post, and that is where the games master tries to sell his or her adventure to you.
    A paragraph of the story, couple pictures, copy of the game rules, and the above-mentioned character sheet.

Salient points to look out for.

- To be accepted into the game, do you need to send in a CS?

- Does the GM want all CS? to be Private Messaged (PM?ed) to them for approval?

- Sometimes the GM will specify what type of characters they do want, eg. ones that were around for the Hyperspace War (so you cannot play Luke Skywalker); no Force Users (again, Luke is a no-no); characters who have never been in an accident, whether or not it was their fault (...alright, is someone just picking on Luke now?); canon or original (OG) characters.

- The type of game, or when it is set, can dictate what kind of characters can logically participate.

STEP TWO - Character Sheets completion

A CS is the ?application form? that you create or fill in with your character?s details, and present to the GM.

Introductory posts will generally feature an empty template for you to take away and fill in, for example, this one from the completed Galaxy at War III game:

Name:
    ----Species:
    -----Eye Color:
    ------Hair Color and Style:
    -------Skin Complexion:
    --------Clothing:
    ---------Physique:

Most people simply copy and paste a template from somewhere, so GMs won?t be too worried if you don?t use theirs. It is the information provided, that is important to them.

Alrighty, then. I am going to present my guest character for this presentation, show you his character sheet so you can see how it is done; then YOUR mission, is to make up a CS for a character suitable for the Adoptions Training Game.

Master Rodge is a deceased jedi, a Force Ghost, introduced into Galaxy at War III.
    Based on Danny Glover?s Lethal Weapon character to recreate a scene from the third instalment, when Jedi Kour tries to defuse a booby-trap bomb in a warehouse on Ryloth, and ends up telling Rodge to, ?Grab the cat.?

Name: Master Rodge
    ----Species: Human Force Ghost
    -----Eye Color: As much as translucent blue will allow, bluish-grey.
    ------ Hair Color and Style: black
    -------Skin Complexion: As much as translucent blue will allow, darker-skinned.

--------Clothi
  25. Pluck47 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ((no clue what im doing now but here i go. Tell me if i need to fix anything))

A large shuttle landed on the outside the building. As the doors opened a figure stood up and walked to the door. A female Togruta by the name of Ahsheek walked out and onto the landing pad. She was wrapped up in several robes to block out the rain. Unfortunitally she got her lekku wet. Quickly making her way to the door, Ahsheek looked around and saw a reception area. She made her way to the front desk and revealed her face. "Umm im here for a meeting?" She asked and took off her hood. Her large pointed montrals had torn the hood as she removed it.

((Hope that was good))

((EDIT: This is also my attempt to start off in a forum right.....and just beacuse it helps as an RP'er to get aquainted with people and the forum.))
Moderators: Skiara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.