main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Academy [I-5] - *The NEW Role Playing Forum (RPF) Adoption's Program*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sith-I-5, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sergeant Isk, Reception.

The seatrooper's first clue that a large shuttle had landed, was when the level deck canted ever so slightly, with pens rolling off the counter to the floor, and towards the base of the stargate against the opposite wall.

He stood and tried to corral the remaining stationery, when he sensed movement from the doorway, and looked up to see a robed figure enter, several layers clear from the way the clothing was wrapped.

The figure threw back the torn hood to reveal a pleasant-looking female Togrutan.

"Umm im here for a meeting?"

The sergeant decided to break the Fourth Wall from the get-go, and pointed up to the previous post. "Hello, Miss. Read through what Sith-I-5 wrote up there, on the Roleplaying Basics, steps one and two. Anything useful to you?"

Tag: P47, any

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mitth_Fisto & Havah Jeth

The woman chuckled softly as she turned to him, a dark smile graced he features as she faced the newcomer. "Your at the Academy. Welcome." she told him.

Giving a curt nod Havah looked at her, for some reason despite all his training he could feel himself settling down. . .almost as if. "Get out of my head." he snarled as he looked at the odd visage of an old man. Probably one of the rare psychic races, during his training in the Elite Arkanian Blackguard forces he had felt that the mental training had been one of the rare and utter wastes. After all most psychic races were either nearly wiped off the face of the galaxy from 'natural' desisters or touchy neighbors that hired long range guns, or they wisely hid and kept away from the dangers the galaxy might otherwise greet them into.

Still Havah knew this was not normal and for some reason the odd figure struck a spark, and it wasn't plesent to think that his changing aditude was being bended by anothers will.

Chuckling softly Mitth shook his head at the other, "I'm beyond the head, why bother with yours?" Mitth shook his head at the myrth he found in the situation. All so surreal, and those bothersome ants were starting to tickle.

Stepping forward Havah gave a jab with every ounce of will power despite the buzz in his mind to sit down and discuss the Mercs and something called: Star Wars -INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! Whatever that meant.

As Mitth watched the gauntlet crash into his face, hearing the soft chink-shlunk as the concealed gauntlet dagger extended into his head, he grinned as a soft laughter excapped his lips. The wound leaked a puss like ichor that darkened to black in the free air, as around the wound the face peeled back with small wriggling writhing tentacles whipped in the growing chasm. Their acts bring the ichor to a froth as the split continued to spread, curling over the cloths until a patch of dark hair was released.

Havah was nearly coming out of his suit as he jumped back to gain some distance, nearly bumping into the woman that was there as he stared and waited to figure out just what he had done and what would happen because of it.

Still peeling back the writhing mass that yet leaked oozed from the hover chair to fall in a pile on the ground to leave behind a slightly reddened face of a pale male that was still wearing a black and white set of clothes he had worn to the last Christmas ball. Now even the face to match. "Let's not try that again. Havah Jeth, be civil and meet Ktala, Ktala Havah Jeth. He's hear to share about the game I am a Co/Assistant-GM of called Star Wars: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)"

"Ma'am." Havah replied as he stared at the mass upon the floor and back at the very different man that still had a hold of the odd walking stick. His own insides slightly roiled at what was before him, making him glad he hadn't eaten more of his meal before he appeared here.

TAG: Ktala, Any

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Well at first, it seemed as if things were fine, as the man looked at her. Stared actually. He then looked over at her other guest.

"Get out of my head." he snarled. The odd little man

Chuckling softly Mitth shook his head at the other, "I'm beyond the head, why bother with yours?"

WHA? Ktala was beginning to wonder what in the world was going on. She took a step back, and began to wonder if she was going to have a fight on her hands.

Stepping forward the newcomer gave a jab, and stuck out at the odd little man. As Mitth watched the gauntlet crash into his face, hearing the soft chink-shlunk as the concealed gauntlet dagger extended into his head, he grinned as a soft laughter excapped his lips. The wound leaked a puss like ichor that darkened to black in the free air, as around the wound the face peeled back with small wriggling writhing tentacles whipped in the growing chasm. Their acts bring the ichor to a froth as the split continued to spread, curling over the cloths until a patch of dark hair was released.

The newcomer leaped back away from the little man, back to where she stood. Ktala was trying her best to hold on to breakfast, lunch and dinner. She made a mental note to talk to I-5 about some of the ... visitors.

Ktala whispered softly, and activated a personal shield. She was NOT going to throw up..not inside of this shield at leas. Anything else, all bets were off.

Still peeling back the writhing mass that yet leaked oozed from the hover chair to fall in a pile on the ground to leave behind a slightly reddened face of a pale male that was still wearing a black and white set of clothes he had worn to the last Christmas ball.

"Let's not try that again. Havah Jeth, be civil and meet Ktala, Ktala Havah Jeth. He's hear to share about the game I am a Co/Assistant-GM of called Star Wars: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)"

Ktala looked up vaguely at the mention of her name, now recognizing the being in front of her.

"Uhh...yeah.." Ktala quickly turned off her shield, as she touched her wrist. "Excuse me!" she told them, as she turned, "Be right back!" she called out as she quickly teleported from the room.

"Im NOT CLEANING THAT UP!" came a disembodied voice.

About five minutes later, she returned, wearing a business like suit. She walked in, staring at the pair for a moment.

"Alright. Im Interested in hearing of Harath, and this little adventure." She told them as she sat down, acting as if nothing had happened.

Mentally, she was wondering where she had placed her force-pike...

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, I-5, Any

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato

The open doorway to Reception flared with bright blue light, reflecting off the hallway surfaces, along with Sithy?s muffled warning: ?No AE spells! No AE spells?

Toshiko?s form fell into sight, sprawling across the deck as she put down both arms to stop herself, while behind her, Sith-I-5 tried to follow, an arm and face coming into view from Mitth and Ktala?s position before they stopped dead, frosting glistening over them, and small icicles hanging off the Coordinator?s sleeve.

From inside Reception came the distinct chuunk sounds of the stargate?s chevrons being activated and locked, half a dozen or more, several seconds apart; then the whoosh of the event horizon.

The Anglo-Japanese woman picked herself up off the floor and brushed her white sleeves down, and patted dust off the back of her black pencil skirt, while gazing worriedly into the room.
    Then, noticing the others in the hallway, smiled brightly and came to join them. ?Right, well, Master Potter has taken his leave. I don?t think anyone should go in there until Sithy, Fen, and Sergeant Isk have defrosted.?

Noticing the ichor on the floor, by dint of having stepped in it, Tosh lifted her right foot to examine the sole, a black substance stretching several elastic strands from the puddle to her shoe.
    ?Someone want to tell me what happened here?? She looked between the two players, and the individual in the tan-coloured armour. ?Well, I am waiting??

Tag: Mitth and friend, Ktala, anyone

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato:

After laying some pages of old newspaper down to soak up the puddle of ichor, Tosh began to feel very much alone.

Neither Mitth, Ktala or the chitin armoured fellow with the dangerous glove, were saying anything, frozen eerie-ly in the hallway between Reception and the Lecture Hall; and Sithy and the padawan, were taking their time defrosting from the junior wizard?s Area Effect frost spell.

She wandered back into Reception, rounded the counter to her computer, and tapped a few keys in experimentation, to see if it was working yet.

When the screen shown light into her face, she managed to crack a smile, and on sudden inspiration, decided to run through events being hosted by various games.

Ah, an Octagon fight to the death, was being played out in Star Wars: Intervention. That was the game run by the GM, Bravo, and as far as she could tell, was in a permanent state of taking on new players, which should sound very welcoming to anyone reading this thread.

Tosh pursed her lips, pretty certain that Sith-I-5 had an SGIS agent in the game.

She had the PC auto-dial up the hyperlink on the stargate on the opposite wall, and quickly acquainted herself with the game?s plot, while the ancient stone ring revolves, belched steam, and locked navigation chevrons.

It was an Original Trilogy, starfighter-based game, focusing on a team of mercenaries drawn into the conflict between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire.

Chevron Seven ? Locked, flashed up in the bottom right corner of her screen, once the process had finished, the energy fountain bursting horizontally into the chamber, before retracting back into a silvery circle of energy on the wall.

Checking she had credits, and her Torchwood-customised handgun, she walked up the abbreviated ramp, and allowed the stargate?s event horizon to swallow her up.
    After a moment, accompanied by sound effects, the energy pool evaporated, showing no sign of her, or that the stargate had been activated at all.

Port Haven shadowport

Stepping out from the discreetly tented bazaar stall housing the local stargate, Toshiko immediately shaded her eyes from the bright sunlight streaming down into the deserted street adjacent to the decent-sized amphitheatre standing on the opposite side of the road, a mass of cheering coming from inside.

Sounded hopeful.

She looked left along the road, then right, then left again, careful not to get run down by what passed for vehicle traffic in this game?s universe; then did not step into the road at all, because she was suddenly distracted by a shrieking sound.

?What the frag?? Hand still shading her eyes, the Anglo-Japanese woman squinted up, to see sunlight glinting off the dorsal fin of a crash-diving Lambda-class shuttle, nosing for the roof of the Arena before her. ?You are coming in too fast!? She told it, though it had no chance of hearing her. ?And this would make a great intro? to an episode of Casualty.?

The British television programme she was referring to, was a medical drama that always began with three predictable accidents, that the hospital would be dealing with that episode.

To be continued...oh, alright, dun dun DUN!

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

*CRACK!*

Red flames crackled dangerously around her form, as she blinked slowly. She should have expected it, but she was still dealing with the other arrival, and Mitth's uh transformation. YUCK! Luckily, her personal shield was still activated when ... whatever that was had hit them. She scanned the area, and could see the others standing in there places, frozen.

"Security SUCKS!" she muttered darkly as she began to concentrate to free the rest of herself from her little icy cocoon. She was NOT amused. She concentrated a bit more, as her fists formed into a tight ball. A moment later, shard of ice shattered around her as she shook herself. The red flames still enveloped her form, nor did she do anything to dispel them.

She looked over at Mitths form, and their new visitor. She then began to walk, looking around. Wasnt Tosh here earlier? But her walk did discover Sithy and a padawan, also frozen.

But there was no one else around. Ktala debated a very long moment, whether or not to defrost the current Academy Leader. A dark smile crossed her lips for a moment. But then the moment passed, as stretching out a hand, she let a stream of flame leave her hands to surround Sithy's frozen form for a moment. With that done, she stood in the hallway contemplating if she should un-thaw the others, let them do it themselves, or simply head over to where the young wizard had gone off to, and give him a new lesson on frost and flame spells....

She crossed her arms, and stared at the others. "I sware, the fragging gundark....." She waited for someone to speak.

TAG: All in Academy

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sith-I-5, RPF Academy Reception

In an instant, the Coordinator found himself standing in the middle of Reception, sopping wet! He held out his arms to the side as he looked down at his thoroughly damp garb, water dripping through the fabric, down his legs and pooling around his boots.

"What the hell?" He muttered, and then recalled the last thing he remembered, Harry Potter grabbing a visitor pen off the counter top, and discovering that he could cast spells through it, just as well as through a proper wand. Which would pith off the wand-makers, as soon as that news got back to Hogwarts School for Wizarding.

With education cuts, they could make quite a saving there.

"That little mynock." Sithy growled, matching Ktala's dark look. "It wasn't like he was in any real danger. Any money, he's gone back to Hogwarts."

With new determination, Sithy got behind the counter, and started tapping new instructions into the computer, which in turn, activated the huge stone ring on the stargate!

Chevron One - Encoded appeared in the bottom right of the screen.

He glanced over the flatscreen monitor at Ktala, "I know, as grown-ups, we should be setting an example, but, you and me are going after the little....magician," The term was an insult among the Discworld wizarding community, "slapping a vortex manipulator to his wrist, and beaming his choob' under a school." He arched an eyebrow meaningfully at his fellow **Forces** player. "You know which one I mean, right?"

Chevron Two - Encoded Said the screen.

Tag: Ktala, anyone at the Academy

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mitth +1

When he was about to speak a sudden frost settled all about them, cacooning them as well as any alien from the movie could of done with a wrinkly hide. . .hmm, maybe that was what he should be using for disguise options instead of Vong tech. Although he wasn't sure how good he would look with wrinkles and a walker. Never the less the second sounding of the stargate was just too much for his inner geek to resist, and breaking out of the shell all at once with a vibro-shock from his staff he yelled "IT's a TRAP!" in his best Admiral Ackbar voice.

Havah, taking a while longer, he busted out of his 'ice armor' -newly minted by frack knew what- once he accertained that no one was shooting or killing. Also that he was running a little low on air brought him out of it by sheer muscle and will power alone. The ringing in his ears from the person he had been having a, well a staring contest with after the head had melted with the body. . .sorta. Definately something he wouldn't report, no one would believe him anyway. "I need to wake up, and get a thorough head scan." he spoke dead pan through chattering teeth.

TAG: Ktala, Sithy, Anyone else

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala, RPF Academy Reception

Ktala watched as Sithy held out his arms, noticing how wet he was.

"What the hell?" He muttered, and then she watched as he recalled what had happened. At least he had a clue. She was busy with other people when it had happened. To his credit, she watched as Sithy's mood now matched her own.

"That little mynock." Sithy growled, "It wasn't like he was in any real danger. Any money, he's gone back to Hogwarts." She simply growled, not trusting herself to say anything that would NOT get her into trouble with the TOS. With new determination, Sithy got behind the counter, and started tapping new instructions into the computer, which in turn, activated the huge stone ring on the stargate! She looked over, and then walked over towards the computer as the chevrons began to spin on the stargate.

He glanced at her. "I know, as grown-ups, we should be setting an example, but, you and me are going after the little....magician," She smiled at that term, even as he continued. "slapping a vortex manipulator to his wrist, and beaming his choob' under a school." He arched an eyebrow meaningfully at his fellow **Forces** player. "You know which one I mean, right?"

Ktala broke into a dark smile. "I know EXACTLY the place you mean. Right next to a certain pylon.." she stated with a dark laugh.

Chevron Two - Encoded Said the screen. The dark red flames around her turned green, and moved over her. Her clothing changed to dark robes, which covered a dark blue tunic and skirt over thigh high boots. The flames then disappeared.

"Ready whenever you are." she stated. She then looked to the others who were still frozen. "Um...should we leave a note for them? Or at least have someone make sure they thaw out?" she asked, as she walked over to stand with Sithy.

"IT's a TRAP!" Mitth shouted, sounding very much like Admiral Ackbar, as he suddenly burst from his icy cocoon shell, sending shards flying everywhere.

"Nervermind." Ktala stated deadpan.

His companion, Havah, taking a while longer, also managed to free himself, looking very unhappy. "I need to wake up, and get a thorough head scan." he spoke dead pan through chattering teeth.

Ktala, in her new dark garb looked over with a dark smile. "Welcome to my life." she told him. There are hot drinks over on the counter behind you." she told them. "We're about to pay a certain ice using person a little - visit." She gave a dark smile.

Tag: Sith-I-5, Mitth, anyone else at the Academy

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Toshiko Sato, Port Haven Octagon arena

Tosh, who had never attended an event on a planet in the top ten wretched hives of scum and villainy, trotted over the cobbled road and up to the Toydarian working the entrance.

The little sentient, a long nose curving Gonzo-like over the mouth, flapped his wings slowly as she asked for a single seat in the No Smoking section. A grey metal barrel, covered in buttons, and with a black lever at one end, was strapped to its front, looking a lot like one of those ticket machines carried by the old-style London Bus conductors. Webbed feet were barely visible behind the bulky apparatus.

?So which mercenary group are you?? It enquired casually, bobbing on the air as it looked her up and down.

Tosh wondered if it employed an anti-gravity belt, as the small alien looked like it had as much right to the power of flight, as the common bumblebee.

?You get a lot of mercernaries around here??

?Oh, we get all sorts at Port Haven. The Mercs, the Coruscant Aces; all sorts.?

With a mental shrug, Sato took out her ident wallet and slapped it on the counter, the heavy kirium-plated badge making a loud clack on the hard surface. ?Well, I?m RPF Adoptions.?

Beady eyes flicked to the laminated card bearing her picture and staff details. ?What's that then??

She hesitated, unsure how to explain that the alien was living in a made-up world without first asking if it had seen The Matrix. The noises from inside the amphitheatre had changed to screaming. It wasn?t showing any signs of dying down either, but strangely seemed to be getting louder. The late Torchwood operative nodded to the doors. ?Is that normal??

?Oh, we get all sorts at the Octagon-?

?-screaming, blind panic. All sorts.? She finished for it.

?If your name is not on the list, you are not coming in.? It determined, proving that it did not appreciate sarcasm in others. ?And if that is not clear enough, human, we are full, packed, completely rammed. No seats left.?

The Toydarian raised its voice to be heard over the screaming which had gotten to its highest volume yet, the doors bursting open and panicked beings flooding out into the road, streaming on either side of the two, and running down to the street, waving arms, tentacles and assorted appendages.

?No seats?? Tosh reminded sweetly. ?How about now??

The alien manipulated the barrel-like machine balanced on his stomach, and a long, pale yellow ticket churned out, waiting for her to tear it off.

She obliged, and turned towards the dark entrance, one discarded shoe laying on it?s side next to the white internal wall on the left. ?Thank you.?

?Bite me.?

To be continued...

[b]IC: Sith-I-5[/b], RPF Academy Reception

[b][color=green]Chevron Three - Encoded[/color][/b]

Sithy grinned, relieved. It looked like [b]Ktala[/b] was onboard with the field trip; he would have abandoned the idea if she had made him see reason, but maybe they deserved a break from the waterborne facility.

As ice crackled to the carpet around [b]Mitth[/b] and his character, Sithy noticed Fenlaka, the twi?lek padawan still frozen to the spot, thick layers of ice plastering his surprised purple features.

[b][color=green]Chevron Four - Encoded[/color][/b]

?Ktala, think you can defrost Fen? My life won?t be worth living if Mitch gets back and sees we left his boy frozen.? Sith paused, thinking about their destination. The town nearest to the Hogwarts School had always looked wintry whenever he had ever seen it, but then he had only watched the one film. ?I-I n-need to get changed.? His teeth chattered.

The Coordinator stepped back from the computer, pressed the transmat button on his wrist device, and disappeared from

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala - RPF Academy Reception

As the computer continued its countdown, Sithy spoke up to Ktala.

"Ktala, think you can defrost Fen? My life won?t be worth living if Mitch gets back and sees we left his boy frozen."

Ktala gave it a second of consideration. Luckily, she was more annoyed with the wizardworks than Sithy at the moment. She walked over to the person he was talking with, looking at the purple Popsicle. She concentrated, her fingers began to glow, surrounded with a red flame once more, as she concentrated. She extended her hand, and a plume of red flame went around the frozen twi'lek.

"I-I n-need to get changed." Ktala heard Sithy chatter, just before he stepped back and promptly dissapeared.

Chevron Five - Encoded the computer intoned. Ktala dropped her hand, the flames fading, as the ice began to pool around the person.

"Well...maybe if you had some security..." She muttered softly, as she turned and walked back to the other room. She turned, and then spoke to the quickly defrosting twi'lek. "I'd go change clothes, if I was you."

She hoped Sithy would NOT be late.

Tag: Sithy, Mitth, any

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Special thanks to the The Wizards Atlas for the data and maps on Hogwarts and Environs.

IC: Sith-I-5

Fen dripped his way out of Reception, heading for the nearby changing rooms for young learners, since the base had been outfitted for far more visitors and students than had been along recently.

With a flash of light, the Coordinator was back. neck to toe in skintight black gnomeskin, reputed in the Everquest MMORPG to have magic-resistance qualities; strapped to his back by a cross harness arrangement, a beautiful artifact, an octagonal, transparent crystalline shield, a Velium Light Shield; and being strapped round his waist as he faded into view, an equipment belt was being fastened, a lightsabre hilt and E-11 blaster hung from either side.

Sithy looked down to finish doing up the belt, and as the dialing screen displayed, Chevron Six - Encoded.

"Thanks for defrosting the boy, Ktala," he thanked her, then turned to the waist-coated Mitth.

"So, are you staying, or coming with us?"

Tag: Ktala, Mitth, any

OOC:
    Any new players lurking, feel free to join us in our micro-quest to Hogsmeade!

13. Pluck47

Pluck47 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2010
    ((Im just going to ask the receptionist for stuff..lol))

Ahsheek looked around. She notice that there were people taking about a quest. She walked up to the receptionist and asked politely what it was about. She waited and looked around. She realized she must of dozed off because she was lost at the events taking place.

Tags: Anyone?

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5

The Coordinator looked over as a Togruta that he had not noticed, came straight up to the counter and asked what was going on.

"Hello there. And who might you be?"

The computer screen between them flashed up, Chevron Seven - LOCKED

Behind the female visitor with the torn hood, a fluid-like energy filled the stone circle, and exploded into the room like the product of a horizontal depth charge, ectending several metres into the room, before shrinking back into the stargate to form a rippling lake of energy.

Sithy leaned over the counter to look past Mitth: "Fen, we have to go!" He shouted towards the open doorway, before glancing back at the newcomer and smiling self-consciously. "Kids, eh?"

Tag: Pluck47, Ktala, any

15. Pluck47

Pluck47 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2010
    IC: Ahsheek

Ahsheek turned and started talking. "Im am not a kid I am a...." She looked at who called her a kid and instantly shut up. She looked down. She hadn't realized she was talking back to someone who looked important. "Umm.. Might i ask whats going on?" She asked the person who called her a child. She wondered who he was. "Umm...Im sorry my name is Ahsheek." She said holding out her hand.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, FELIZ NAVIDAD, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, OR EQUIVALENT CELEBRATION, FROM THE STAFF AT RPF ADOPTIONS

IC: Sith-I-5, Fenlaka Zula
    , RPF Academy Reception.

"I'm not a kid. I am a-" The Togruta said defensively.

Sithy looked at her curiously. "Didn't call you one. But that was a bit too defensive, mind. How old are you?"

Not waiting for an answer, Sith-I-5 turned to the doorway, and yelled: "Hurry up, stargate event horizons are not known for their patience, and I'm not dialling this guano again!"

"I'm not dressed yet!" Fen's young voice floated into Reception while Ktala waited impatiently nearby.

"Put the bundle of clothes in your arms, and come on! Actually, no, take your time, and dress warmly. It could be cold there." He looked towards the stone ring, remembering some SG-1 episodes. "I have an idea."

He came out from behind the counter, and as he passed the young woman, she said, "Umm.. Might i ask whats going on?"

"I'm leading an away team to Harry Potter territory, where we are going to get the little mynock for Frost Rifting the lot of us. You packing?" He asked her, using the cop jargon to enquire if she was armed, then stepped up to the stargate, and poked an arm into it up to the elbow, the energy rippling around the limb like water would. "This supposedly should keep the event horizon open for twenty-four hours. I hope he doesn't take that long."

"Umm...Im sorry my name is Ahsheek."

"Bless you!"

The purple twi'lek lad strode in from the corridor, a padded black anorack zipped up over his padawan gear. The copper hilt of his lightsabre swung below the hem of the jacket.

The Togruta put out her hand for him to shake, and with one of his keeping the stargate open, he did not really want to use the other to shake her hand, so he ignored her gesture to address the room.
    "Whoever stays behind; whichever of Tosh, Isk, or Mitch returns first, they are in charge until we get back. Any questions," He grinned cheekily, and nodded to his predecessor, "ask Ktala."

The Coordinator followed his arm into the stargate, and instantly felt like he was at "Ludicrous Speed"(TM), dopplered stars audibly SHRIEKING past him on both sides, then he stumbled into the dim confines of a barn, vertical slivers of white light visible between the dark planks that made up the walls around them.

The chill was noticeable instantly, even without the visible breath he was huffing out every time he exhaled!
    He immediately w-wished he'd brought gl-gloves, and tucked both hands under his armpits.

Stepping out the way, so that his fellow travellers did not run into him, he noticed the horse. Strong, chestnut brown, unsaddled or harnessed, and looking back at him, with that startled expression that their eyes were so good at.

Then it returned it's attention to something on the damp straw that made up the floor.

Sithy looked that way, and gulped.

Four hooves, cut off and steaming at the shorn ankles, indicated very clearly that an animal had been standing directly in front of the Hogsmeade stargate when it had activated.

"Ah, crap. Sorry about your friend," He whispered, not wishing to announce his presence to the locals.

Tag: all

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

She watched mildly amused as Fen dripped his way out of Reception, most likely looking for something dry to put on. With a flash of light, the Coordinator was back. neck to toe in skintight black gnomeskin, strapped to his back by a cross harness arrangement, a beautiful artifact, an octagonal, transparent crystalline shield, a Velium Light Shield; and being strapped round his waist as he faded into view, an equipment belt was being fastened, a lightsabre hilt and E-11 blaster hung from either side.

The properties of the skintight suit were not lost on Ktala who looked over appreciately. Interesting. She assumed some of the gear he was carrying was to deal with magic using folks specifically. This should be interesting.

"Thanks for defrosting the boy, Ktala," he thanked her, then turned to the waist-coated Mitth.

"No problem." she replied, as she turned to look towards the lobby.
    "So, are you staying, or coming with us?" Sithy asked Mitth. He looked a little lost, as if not sure. Meanwhile, a new person had walked up to the reception area.

Sithy looked over as a Togruta that he had not noticed, came straight up to the counter and asked what was going on.

"Hello there. And who might you be?"

The Stargate chose that time to activate, the famous effect shimmered behind them.

Sithy leaned over the counter to look past Mitth: "Fen, we have to go!" He shouted towards the open doorway, before glancing back at the newcomer and smiling self-consciously. "Kids, eh?"

Ahsheek turned and started talking. "Im am not a kid I am a...." She looked at who called her a kid and instantly shut up. She looked down. She had not seen Mitth standing there.

Sithy looked at her curiously. "Didn't call you one. But that was a bit too defensive, mind. How old are you?" He immediately turned to the doorway.

"Umm.. Might o ask whats going on?" She asked Sithy.

"I'm leading an away team to Harry Potter territory, where we are going to get the little mynock for Frost Rifting the lot of us. You packing?" He asked her, using the cop jargon to enquire if she was armed, then stepped up to the stargate, and poked an arm into it up to the elbow, the energy rippling around the limb like water would. "This supposedly should keep the event horizon open for twenty-four hours. I hope he doesn't take that long."

"Umm...Im sorry my name is Ahsheek." She said holding out her hand.

"Bless you!" Sithy responded. Sithy then turned and yelled: "Hurry up, stargate event horizons are not known for their patience, and I'm not dialing this guano again!"

"I'm not dressed yet!" Fen's young voice floated into Reception while Ktala waited impatiently nearby.

"Put the bundle of clothes in your arms, and come on! Actually, no, take your time, and dress warmly. It could be cold there." He looked towards the stone ring, remembering some SG-1 episodes. "I have an idea."

Oh Lord. If he had an idea, no telling what might be happening next Ktala thought to herself.

The purple twi'lek lad strode in from the corridor, a padded black anorack zipped up over his Padawan gear. The copper hilt of his lightsabre swung below the hem of the jacket.

The Togruta put out her hand for him to shake, and with one of his keeping the stargate open, he did not really want to use the other to shake her hand, so he ignored her gesture to address the room.

Ktala walked over and shook her hand.

"Dont mind him", she told Ahsheek. "He's on a mission at the moment, and he's quite one minded." she added with a smile.

"Whoever stays behind; whichever of Tosh, Isk, or Mitch returns first, they are in charge until we get back. Any questions," He grinned cheekily, and nodded to his predecessor, "ask Ktala."
    Ktala growled. She wanted to go kick some wizard butt. But before she could complain, Sithy followed his arm into the Stargate.

She could follow him through, but she though it would be rather rude to simply leave the Togruta simply standing there. She would kick

19. CronaGorgon

CronaGorgon Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2010
    (OOC: Sorry, going to use OOC brackets to set foot in here since I'm not sure of a good place to start. I guess saying "hello" would be in order... so hello all! I apologize if I broke the flow of the game here)

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Ktala noticed a very lost looking individual standing in the entrance way of the Academy. "Excuse me." she told the Togruta as she waved over to the new person to come and join them.

"Hello all!" the person stated. "The name is CronaGorgon."

Ktala smiled as she have a nod of her head. "Welcome to the Academy. Always glad to see new arrivals. Was there anything in particular you were interested in?" she asked

21. CronaGorgon

Dec 26, 2010
    Crona Gorgon

The lithe, androdgynous individual looked up at Ktala through pale blue eyes, Crona being clad in a tight full-length dress which seems to be made of a fairly flexible material. On top of androdgynous looks, Crona's voice also made the gender hard to discern.

"I was interested in finding a group to adventure with," Crona answered, clutching a dark bladed sword in one hand while the other rubbed at Crona's shoulder nervously. "I'm not sure if this is the place I should be looking, but I was directed here by some folks who seemingly know their stuff."

Crona offered forth a smile, hoping to make the introductions a very painless social process.

TAG: Ktala, anyone nearby

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Padawan Fenlaka Zula

The young twi'lek had been about to follow Uncle Sithy through the stargate, when out the periphery of his gaze, he spotted a sudden reddish aura spring up around Ktala.
    Turning to ask if he'd missed a Ready Brek breakfast, or if she had been promoted to moderator, he saw her expression at Sithy's comment about asking her questions.

He knew that the Coordinator had only been joshing with her, but before he could tell her, Ktala took the initiative, and addressed the Togruta. "So, if you dont mind me asking, where you looking for anything in particular, or just visiting?" She excused herself to wave over Fen's head to someone at the entrance.

"Hello all!" The newcomer greeted, "The name is CronaGorgon."

"Welcome to the Academy. Always glad to see new arrivals. Was there anything in particular you were interested in?"

"I was interested in finding a group to adventure with," Crona' revealed

Fen was impressed that she would go adventuring in the full length dress, but his eyes really lit up as he spotted the dark-bladed sword that she carried.

"I'm not sure if this is the place I should be looking, but I was directed here by some folks who seemingly know their stuff." She continued.

"Hi. I'm Fen." He waved up at her. "Well, you can adventure with us, Crona, though you might need a warm coat. However, if you want to know which games are welcoming new players, there are three current games on the Role Playing Forum that actually put in their titles, that they are permanently open to new players:"

Elite League Limmie [A Sports-based RPG, New Players Welcome]

Jedi Outcasts RP, v.6 [The Adventure Continues]--All Are Welcome!

STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

"Some of our recent visitors, have been telling us about their games, and we can re-post the information, or PM it to you if you want?"

Behind the empty counter, where the normal receptionist had her computers and monitors, a voice came out of a commo speaker: "Is there anybody there? One knock for 'yes', two knocks for 'no'."

The boy gave Crona and Pluck a wan smile. "I better get that." He moved past the adventuress, and the Togruta, to step round where he could answer and transmit. "Sergeant? This is Fen. Where are you?"

Tag: All

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Fenlaka Zulu, Reception

An ominous two-toned alarm blared, and could be heard echoing elsewhere in the ocean-based Academy.

This was the second time in a day that Fen had heard that, and in the deafening silence that followed, he looked pointedly across at Ktala, while pointing up at the high ceiling.
    ?Did we ever find out what that meant??

The klaxon blared again, accompanied by a calm, recorded voice that demanded attention: Emergency Recall, all MI5 and Secret Galactic Intelligence Service characters. Emergency Recall. Licence to Clone (Star Wars...007 Style) launched. TODAY.

The Games Master, Dubya Scott, writes:

Hello, and welcome to Licence to Clone.

Yes, you?re reading the title correctly. This is in fact the return of the famed, award-winning "007 Style" series from a few years back. Whether you called it an espionage game, a detective game, or just a running-around-shooting-the-hordes-of-bad-guys game, it?s back...and it?s fun.

Whereas the previous games took place in the era before The Phantom Menace, the new game will be jumping ahead a little to the time of the Clone Wars. The series has been "rebooted" in a way. New heroes, new villains, new story arcs, new threats in the galaxy... There are many things to look forward to in this new game.

What is the "007 style", you may ask? It?s certainly not a cross-over. It?s more of a 007 type of story within the Star Wars universe. I hope you?ll join us for a wild ride filled with action, adventure, romance, drama, gadgets, exotic locales, and some Star Wars stuff too!

Also, check out the game?s teaser trailer on YouTube.

Sith-I-5 says, "If a GM goes to the trouble of doing a video, you know they love their product, and that bodes well for the quality, longevity, and GM support of that game."

"Oh wow." The pre-teen nodded at the news. He was a junior SGIS agent, but the announced game was prior to his timeline. "Dad has raved about these games! He has had so much fun defending the Galactic Republic in them, so I urge all readers who want adventure to follow the link above, and check out what it says."
    He put a forefinger to his own forehead, and closed his eyes in faux concentration. "Clairvoyance is not my thing, but I can tell you now, Sith-I-5 is going to be playing this."

Tag: any

24. CronaGorgon

Dec 26, 2010
    Crona Gorgon

Crona blinked as the newest face Fen had made himself known. "Um... hi..." Gorgon blinked as the pink locks were shaken from its face. "...Fen?" Crona paused as the twi'lek seemingly darted off to do something better. Probably because Crona wasn't worth a lot of the trouble. Although, Fen did ask if it wanted to go with them.

So, the dress-clad individual followed the alien teen.

"Fen? What's that?" Crona pointed a finger at the new game that seemed very 007-esque. "Is that one accepting players?" Gorgon seemed truly curious as the expression on its face lit up at the prospect of actually joining a game.

TAG: Sith-I-5, anyone

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Padawan Fenlaka Zula

"Is that one accepting players?" Gorgon asked, indicating the information for the Star Wars...007 game.

Fen nodded as he followed her gaze. He unzipped his coat, and hung it on the back of the Receptionist's chair, then sat on it himself. He noted that the new girl had followed him round the counter. Bit like a skittish Bantha cub.
    "The game is brand new, so it is accepting players. You do need to be really quick, as they have been really popular in the past. What you need to do, is press the white game title, which is a hyperlink at the moment, and look at the whole write-up, to see if you want to join the game. Then decide what kind of MI5 agent you want to play. It can usually be a jedi, law enforcement, ex-military, even a former criminal who is trying to go straight. Once you have decided that, let us know here, and we can talk you through filling out a Character Sheet?"

Fenlaka looked up at her, his feet swinging freely above the carpet. "Does that make sense?"

Tag: CronaGorgon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.