Atlantic The ACG Court of Law

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac Force Ghost

star 5
    My concurrence is with Spanky on this issue...

Until we change the charge from "spamming" to "conspiracy to spam", I don't believe any of the evidence brought forth, especially that from FF Moncton, as any implication towards my client.

Judge, if I may, what you must decide is this: if the thread titled "This thread is NOT spam", was indeed spam. Not if Adam started it with the intention of spamming. That would be a conspiracy charge, and not what we are in court over. But was the thread itself, and ONLY THAT THREAD, spam.

I do not believe it was. For if that thread was indeed spam, then everyone who posted in it was spamming from the beginning. It was given a valid topic during its first post, and that topic was carried throughout until my client, who tried to live up to his job as a "smartass", tried to make a joke out of it. A joke that was taken the wrong way. He tried to make light of his past, and handle it in a humorous way. We have denied him that by trying to use his past against him. There is no justice in that.

Honorable Judge, I ask that you look at the evidence pertaining only to the thread in question, and make your judgement upon that. My client has been trying to change. I don't think anyone here would argue with that. A guilty sentence would only set him back, and negate any progress he has made. I know your verdict, be it guilty or not guilty, will be a fair one, because I know you as a fair judge. On that assurance, I rest my case.
  2. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Tammy,

Thank you for your additional input. I have thought about the evidence being brought forth by both sides of the floor. Is there
    any closing comments from anyone and does the accused wish to make a comment in his own defense...
  3. Sar-Tamber-lac Force Ghost

star 5
    *side comment to the prosecuting attorney*

See, Tara...it's things like this that are the reasons why we should have an ACG archive!
  4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Turns to camera. *well, Sar-Tamber-Lac has made her closing arguments for the defence, and has upheld that the thread would be conspiracy to spam, and not spam itself. She also reiterated her belief that the comment that the thread was in fact spam was a joke. It remains to be seen how prosecution attorney DarthBabe rebutts these closing arguments* Turns away from camera.
  5. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Joke or not, it is still SPAM. Nothing changes the fact that it is spam. And he has spammed in the past,and in the present. I believe that FF Moncton also counts for this court case. I have presented reliable proof to the court and that is all I have to say.
  6. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I will present my verdict tomorrow morning...
  7. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Knight

star 2
    aaaah, but tara... he HASNT been spamming in the present... as far as i am aware of... he has not been spamming in the recent past (or as you call it... the present).

it is almost like you were sitting around one night, thinking about all of the spam that he did IN THE PAST.... not "the present" and decided to prematurely slap the cuffs on him... he was making light of his past as a spammer... and trying to just have some fun...... IN THE ACG... NOT FFM.

if you look back at our clients recent history, you will see what can only be called at BEST questionable spamming... nothing even evident to fully call it spamming... now, if this case were to be happening like 4 months ago, then you have a case... but this isnt about spamming, it is about CONSPIRACY to spam... not COMITTING spam... in which case, i think that there is no case in that either, because he was just living up to his job title as smart ass
  8. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    Spam is Spam, there is no excuse for it. Spam is a useless discussion topic that goes no where. No matter if it's a joke or not. Twist it around all you want, but it's still SPAM.
  9. AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Well that was... anti-climatic. :p

The fact remains that with his history, Adam should have been aware that his joke would not be construed as such. Spamming just isn't a joking matter.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002
  11. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Knight

star 2
    for my closing arguement for the defense, i would like to say the following...

spam does not just limit itself to thread topics darthbabe... it also includes individual posts themselves... we have all come across posts (and most of us are guilty of posting posts) in VARIOUS threads in the acg that say nothing more than just "yeah" or "but i dont"... those posts themselves are spam also... why? because they do not contribute to the flow of the thread discussion topic... they are having conversations via the message boards... which should be taken off the boards, and said in messenger programs... (yahoo/msn messenger/aim).

my clients reputation as a spammer has tainted his credibility... i will admit to that, but the thread in question was not meant as spam... and said so in the thread description... again, he came across the oportunity to make light of his past... purely for fun, and was punished for it... we have all done things in our past that we make fun of... everyone does... but when my client tried to do the same... simply as a joke, he was accused of something that he was not doing... spamming.

thank you your excelency for hearing my closing arguement for the defense in the case of at_st_driver vs. the ACG

i have nothing more at this point

*steps down*

12. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Thanks for your closing comments Chris. My decision will be coming in the next few hours...
  13. Sar-Tamber-lac Force Ghost

star 5
    *is beside herself cause she has to wait til Tuesday to be able to get back on computer and see the honorable Judge's decision!*
  14. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I am waiting for the thumbs up from Tara...
  15. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Tara has not been around today so we will see if she is around tomorrow before I give my verdict...
  16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  17. WarmasterDan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    when can this me made into a movie?
  18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  19. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    Will Atty be playing himself? :p

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    That's the question, isn't it ... Well, in the OJ story, OJ's face wasn't even shown.
  21. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I think if Tammy and Tara here when I post the verdict would be a good idea...

How are you all doing by the way...
  22. WarmasterDan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    i'm fine.
    No, I was thinking for of "The People vs. Atty." The movie poster can have Atty with a canadian flag over his mouth. :p
  23. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    speaking of which where is the kid...
  24. Daughter_of_Yubyub Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm sure he's around somewhere...

25. Ton_G Force Ghost

star 4
    probably off spamming...j/k!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.