main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Darkness v.2 - Welcome the new Dark Lady of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_nemisis, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Acolytes of Darkness - Sith Academy

Greetings my friends, followers of darkness, fallen angels, tattered and ravaged souls seeking truth and freedom; you stand before the Sith Academy of the Star Wars Community. Here you may start on the path to eternal glory, for within these walls lies the opportunity to learn the ways of the of the Sith. This academy is run by the Sith Masters before you whom will work to instill the powerful and honored traditions of the Sith, forging you into a warrior of darkness. Above them the Dark Lord of the Sith stands ever watchful and mindful of everything in his academy. By joining this order it means you serve at his pleasure and answer ultimately to him; your actions and deeds, the very thoughts in your head reflect upon this order and your Dark Lord of the Sith.

With this being said, and you still wish to continue down the path towards ultimate power, towards the Dark Side, you must fully pledge yourself to the Dark Side, which includes the Code of the Sith and the rules that follow:

Code of the Sith:
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Rules of the Sith Academy
    1.You will not post within the Jedi Trials thread without permission. The full list of rules regarding the Jedi Trials is detailed below in the section entitled Jedi Trials

2. Role playing of any sort will not be tolerated by the Masters or the moderators of the forums. If you wish to Role play, there is a perfect community here on the Jedi Council Forum called the Role Playing Forums, located here. Or, use the off-site boards when readily available.

3. No Flaming, spamming, or trolling of this or any other threads. Refer to the TOS for any questions.

4. Obey your superiors. The list of ranking is provided below. If you are a Minion, you will obey all those above you, including apprentices. If you are an apprentice, you have powers over minions, but that is it. You must be obedient to warriors, and masters. Warriors are the same, but have powers over apprentices as well. Masters are the highest ranking members of the group, and deserve respect.

5. All members must be respectful towards the Masters and respect their wisdom, but that is not to say that questions or suggestions cannot be made. In any case, the Dark Lord has the final decision in all matters.

6. Everyone, including masters must obey the word of the leader of the group, the Dark Lord of the Acolytes of Darkness. Said member is the highest ranking member of the order, and leads the faction.

7. If a moderator posts in this thread, be respectful to them. If they edit one of your posts, and you do not agree, do not take be disrespectful, and do not take it up with them in this thread. If you have a problem, send them a Private Message and take care of the situation there. Or, you may send a Master a PM with the complaint and they will handle it. Most likely, the moderators will be right.

Rankings
    If you are accepted as a member of the Sith Academy, you will be ranked as a Sith Minion. You will have to complete a series of tasks in order to be an apprentice. Once you are done with these tasks, you will then be a minion until a master takes you on as their apprentice. The ranking is as follows:
    Dark Lord of the Sith: The highest ranking Sith of the Sith Academy. There is only one Dark Lord. This member will oversee the entire academy, and can give tasks to any member of the Acolytes of Darkness.

Sith Masters: These members are the highest ranking Sith a normal user can become. It is extremely difficult to become a Master, only those dedicated to the ways of the Sith will be a master. They can take on more than one apprentice, and can give tasks for only their apprentices t

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Official Interaction with New Jedi Trials

While invasions and antagonizing posting in the threads of the opposite faction is not allowed, there is a desire to have a symbiotic relationship between the two threads and to promote a healthy rivalry between them. As such, official interaction will take place between the New Jedi Trials and the Acolytes of Darkness in the following way:

1) An official interaction thread will be created every three months. This thread will be created by one of the forum moderators or by a member of one of the factions who has expressly been given permission to create the thread.

2) The official interaction thread will be used to house a series of contests between the two groups. Each thread will contain up to seven challenges. The first group to win four of the challenges will be declared the winner. The winner of each challenge will be decided by the forum moderators and/or a judging panel established by the forum moderators. The decisions are non-negotiable.

3) The winning group will receive "game host" VIPship for their Grand Master until the time of the next challenge.

4) This is the only official interaction to be done between the other two groups on the forums, unless an official RPG is started in the RPF with moderator permission.

3. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Pardon the intrusion....

As the New Jedi Trials' Grand Master, I just wish to say something to the members of this fine order.

Should you ever have questions or concerns concerning the NTJ or any of its members, my pm box is always open. With (hopefully) increased relations between our two orders, there is likely to be something at sometime that people will wonder about. So, just wanted to say that. :)

And, welcome back to the SWC.... even though you were gone a lot less time than we were. :p

I wish you guys a long, and prosperous game. :)

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Best of luck to the Sith of SWC. I have high hopes for this thread, and hope to see you flourishing and growing soon.

*toasts the thread*

5. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Thanks to you both. :D Good luck to you as well, Chuks. :)

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    ~takes a deep breath~

I always love that new thread smell. :p

Excellent thead and opening post Lord Nemisis, may the dark side bring unparalled success to this grand new order.

Also, I am ready to begin my tasks at your earliest convienience, Master.

MTDSBWY
    ~D1
    [face_devil]

PS: I like what Inty posted about quarterly competitions between the NJT and the AoD, that sounds like a lot of fun and a way to actually bring the Jedi/Sith rivalry into being without allowing it to get out of control.

Good stuff. :cool:

7. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yes, the new thread smell is quite amazing. :D

Very well, your training begins now Despised1. You are to read and complete the following:

~Announcement~

I would like all apprentices and minions to complete the following task! If completed to my expectations, then you will earn points towards your promotion:

Read and summarize the rules. I am mainly looking at the policy concerning the Jedi Trials. Please, be read thoroughly, and be descriptive.

8. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    ~Bows head~

I will complete the task presented, you can expect it done within a day or two at the most.

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ahh...

A fresh coat of paint on the place. Looks good.

10. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    So since I just summarized the rules recently in the last thread, would that count if I just add in the rules for the Jedi Trials?

11. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Sorry...but no. When you redo this however, it will count as points towards your apprenticeship.

Ktala: Hey, how does it feel walking into the brand new thread as a Master?

12. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Fine then.

Don't post in the Jedi Trials without permission, no posts, no spamming, or trolling in their thread. Don't flame or bait a member of the Jedi Trials in any form, don't respond if a member of the Jedi Trials flame or bait you, let a mod handle it. Don't create a sock to join the Jedi Trials, don't have animosity against a member because they're a part of the Jedi Trials.

Don't role play in the thread, don't flame, spam or troll, obey your superiors, the Dark Lord has the final say, everyone must obey the Dark Lord, and be respectful to the mods.

Did I get them all?

13. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    As you wish.

Role playing in this thread is not permitted.

One may only post in the Jedi Trials thread if one has permission.

Trolling, flaming, spamming or baiting a Jedi Trials member is not permitted. If an individual resorts to this behavior, we are not to respond or acknowledge it in any way. Instead we are to report it to the appropriate Master.

We are not permitted to create a sock to participate in the Jedi Trials.

There should be no ill feelings towards the Jedi. Should a conflict arise, We should seek a Master's guidance for conflict resolution.

These rules must be adhered to or one will face ejection from the group.

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Well done, apprentices. I hope that each of you actually understands these rules and will not break them. As stated in the opening post, there will be repercussions if those are broken. [face_devil]

I would like each one of you that does not have a master right now to search one out. Choose from the Roster, and PM them. Anyone that is a Warrior, Master or even myself.

15. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    What do we do if we acciden tally ask someone who has already been asked?

16. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Don't worry about it. If they turn you down because they don't want more than one apprentice now, then simply ask another. There will be a master that will take you on. ;)

For now, I will give you another task:

~Explain the Sith Code. This is a continuing task of the task you performed earlier, as a minion. I want you to detail every line, explaining what each line means. Tell why you believe the code was written as it is. Explain what you think is wrong with the code, if you think anything is wrong at all. Compare and contrast it with the Jedi Code.

I expect this to be well written. ;)

A PM is being sent to you as well.

17. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    There can be no true peace, there are too many conflicting emotions, which are humanly impossible to ignore. The strongest emotion, passion, should be used to get us what we want. With passion, we find strength to do what we thought was impossible. With strength we gain power we didn't have before. With power we can win and achieve all things. With victory, all things that tied us down are broken from us. When we control the Force, we are set free and can do all things possible and impossible.

The Code is written in first person, so maybe that makes it easier to relate to. It's written in kinda a certain order, too. Once you learn that there is no peace, only passion, you start being able to learn all the rest there is to the Sith.

The Jedi say there are no emotions, or that they should be ignored, while the Sith embrace them. They say there is peace, while the Sith say there is none. They say there is no ignorance, which is arrogant, for one can't know all things. The Sith say nothing of the sort. The Jedi say there is no passion, while it is one of the main things in the Sith Code.

Is that enough? [face_tired]

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Yes, Lord Nemisis.

Summary:

The rules of this Order, as I view them are to act honorably and to set a good example for others to follow. We do not lower ourselves to flaming or baiting, and we will not troll or spam. Violating the TOS brings the attention of powers greater than ourselves (though it is unthinkable, Mods do have more power than Sith....blasphemy!)

I, as a Minion, am to follow the orders and show respect to all members who rank higher than myself. This also goes for all other members of this Order, we do not betray each other....we respect one another and therefore act as a united group under the Dark Lord's guidance.

Concerning roleplaying, we simply may not do it here. There is a great area designed for such fun, and if we feel like partaking in those activities we will make sure to do it in the proper forum, the SWC is not it.

Lastly, the specific area of interest you inquired about was in regards to dealings with the New Jedi Trials. Though we are rivals, we are to show them respect and honor the peace of this forum.

We will not troll, spam, flame, bait, or try to convert their members (either here or on the offsite). We are also asked to not post in their thread, unless given permission to do so. If a member of the NJT group violates these same rules, we are not to argue with them or escalate tensions in any way, we may however contact our local moderating team or Dark Lord in order to resolve the issue.

Simply put, respect other users on this site and obey the TOS.

~bows~

I hope this is satisfactory for my first task, you shall recieve the others soon.

MTDSBWY
    ~D1
    [face_devil]

19. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Smacks D1 upside the head... thats what you get for falling to a minion and losing your Dark Lord crown :p.

*remembers just did the same thing* :oops:

Congrats and honors to the Dark Lord of the Sith darth_nemisis

If I may though a quick word to everyone, the few of us here...

I apologize for the last month or so, I have been increasingly busier at work and obviously have made the no brainer decision to dedicate more time there and to my family than to our hobbies we have here. I was leaning heavily towards stepping down and would like to thank darth_nemisis for the opportunity that I had as Dark Lord. With that said I hope I served you all well and I look forward as we continue to build on the foundation we have here. I think we have brought together a fine group though we are few our quality more than makes up for any such lack in numbers.. as the Sith always should be.

I will continue to be an active member and supporter of this group to which any of you can call upon to your side when you wish. I hope you will all continue to support the offsite and the activities there as well as the new possibilities and opportunities that we have growing here.

Thank you.

-dragonsith

Also as a Master with in this order I do believe it is my right to take on an apprentice. And so I shall...

Sirene, step forward and begin your apprenticeship.

20. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey now mister, I opted to start as a Minion by choice. I have been inactive for so long that I didn't feel comfortable stepping in as a Master.

But anyway, good to see you again! I hope all is going well for you and the family. [face_peace]

21. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I would like everyone to take a look at what Despised has posted. That's the type of quality posts that I would like to see. Very well done, Despised.

And, thanks dragonsith. As I have said, you deserve an applause for your hard work that you put into this group. :D

~shoves silverfighter into a piranha invested pool~

I believe we both know what that was for. [face_plain]

:p Anyway, here is your next task - keep in mind, the higher the quality of the post, the better off you will be. ;)

~Make up your own Sith Code. Tell why you wrote it the way you did. Explain each line thoroughly. Length does not matter, quality does.

22. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    My answer to the first task:

Rule #1: We are not to post within the Jedi Trials thread without the approval of the Dark Lord or Sith Masters. They are the only ones allowed to post there.

Rule #2: We are not allowed to flame or taunt a member of the Jedi Trials in any capacity, be it at their offsite, in a thread, or by private message.

Rule #3: If a member of the Jedi Trials posts within the AoD thread, we are to ignore them and inform a moderator.

Rule #4: Joining the Jedi Trials with a sock is strictly forbidden, with severe consequences should we be caught doing such.

Rule #5: We are not to show hostility towards any members of the Jedi Trials just because they are Jedi. If there is a conflict with any members of the Jedi Trials, we are to PM a master from here, their group, a moderator, or the person in question and work it out privately.

I misread the task and posted some of our own rules...is it okay if I post them as extra? I'm not doing such to try and gain extra points, that would be unfair.

-There is to be no role-playing within this thread; if one wishes to engage in such activity, visit the AoD offsite or the RPF.

-Spamming, flamming, and trolling are not allowed in any threads whatsoever. If you question this, please see the TOS.

-Respect all Sith Masters and obey those above you, according to your rank. Any orders from either warriors or masters must be followed.

-You are allowed to question or suggest different things, but show respect to the masters while doing such. The Dark Lord of this order has the final word on everything.

-Everyone is to obey the Dark Lord.

-Be respectful to the moderators should they post here, or edit any of your posts. Even though you can privately contact them or a Master should you wish to complain, more than likely the moderator will be right.

I shall have the next tasks, including the one you PMed me, Lord Nemesis, as soon as possible, if not tonight.

23. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Actually, I don't know why. Whatever I did, I'm sorry, Lord Nemisis. [face_plain]

I'm working on that now, it should be done by tomorrow, but I don't know. I'm really bad at coming up with things like that.

24. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Does teh mole ring a bell?

If you have absolutely no idea what I mean...let me know and I will stop. :p

Nicely done, Thrawn. Your next task is this:

~Learn how to spell the Dark Lord's name properly!! [face_plain]

:p

25. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.