main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord Is Better Than Your Dark Lord

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Feb 6, 2007.

1. DarkLordSato

DarkLordSato Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2009
    Hey, is anyone here?!?!

It's been more than two weeks!!!

I have an excuse because my laptop crashed, but still...

2. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having comp troubles too.

Kotor comics are ending at #50, so looks like we won't be getting any more Revan appearances. :(

3. General_Veers05

General_Veers05 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2005
    Its been far, far too long since my last post. How is everybody? I suppose I've just been bogged down these past 2 years with study and, unfortunately, will continue to do so until I reach my destination :p

4. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Hello! I'm doing good. I wasn't around back then, but it's good to meet you! And good luck on your studies, you've made wiser choices than I!

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    *returns from the Unknown Regions*

Hey guys! :) How is everybody? Wow, this is the longest time I've been away from the boards since I signed up! Damn massive Uni work (but not complaining, it's awesome, I'm like a proper scientist right now :D :-B).

Had to come in and coment after I've heard the bad news, though. I mean, KOTOR comics ending??? Why????? :( Oh Whhhyyyyyyyyy??? :_|:_|:_| Not fair. JJM basically promised us MOAR while people were still buying the comics, and I didn't hear anyone complaining. In fact, I thought KOTOR was Dark Horses best SW publication...
    Epic sadface.

6. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Hey Amon! [:D] I'm glad you're back, I was beginning to wonder. I hope your uni stuff went well.

I'm with you on the end of kotor. I'm still stunned, and I can't really make myself believe that they're really over. Once JJM moves on to other things, I doubt we'll get anyone to work on the kotor era for a long time, especially not someone as good as he is. :(

7. General_Veers05

Dec 16, 2005
    [face_peace] Merry christmas everyone! [face_peace]

8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Hey Acolytes! Long time no see. Happy new Year and lets hope it turns out to be more active than 2009! :)

Did you see Tatooine preview for TOR? The game is going to be pretty epic.
    http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/planets/tatooine
    And I love the datapady look. :D

9. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    Happy New Year, everyone!

Still a little iffy on the graphics, but I'll definitely be playing this game. That being said, this is the time, as with most Bioware games, that I begin to completley ignore it so as not to spoil myself. Didn't know Tatooine would be in it...not that I couldn't see it coming from light years away :p

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Tatooine is hardly a spoiler. Man, that planet appears *everywhere*! :p xD

11. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    My money situation is beginning to look grim, so I hope that the game doesn't come out too soon. Hoping against a monthly fee, why can't we have Kotor Three? Still hoping they do justice to Revan and the Exile.

Now off to read Kotor #48!

At least it's not Hoth.

12. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Hey. Sort-of n00b here hoping to be able to join. :)

Question 1: Who do you think is the greatest (not neccesarilly the most powerful, just the greatest) sith lord of all time? Darth Caedus. Lol, I'm joking. Obviously, the answer is Revan.
    Question 2: Who looks cooler: Revan, or Vader? Revan.
    Question 3: Who's better, Revan, or the Exile? Personally, I prefer Revan, because (s)he was a really bad*** Sith. :cool:
    Question 4: What was Revan's best line in KOTOR? When Revan called Carth a "hairy wookiee". Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact line. :(
    Question 5: What do you guys have your Revan wearing in the game. Do you go for armor? Jedi robes? What are they called? Usually I go with armor, but I forget which one specifically.
    Question 6: Which do you prefer, hood, mask, or both? Both.
    Question 7: If Malak had confronted Revan instead of blowing up his ship while he was distracted, who would've won? I think Revan.
    Question 8: Should Revan be a female or a male? I prefer female. After all, there aren't really any cool female Sith these days. :(
    Question 9: Which portrait and alignment do you prefer? I prefer dark side. I usually go for the tan chick with the short hair when I look for portraits.
    Question 10: How many times have you played KOTOR? Probably 5 or 6 times, but I've completed it, like, only once. [face_laugh]

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Caed- oh. You nearly got me there. :p
    Welcome, KotORBF2Female_Revan , to our humble abode!
    Normally, there would be historical/traditional Wookiee-cookies (KotOR is 4k years ago after all), but I'm afraid the age of prosperity in this thread has long passed. I mourn the activity in here. Damn you, RL!
    But yeah, fresh blood and new forces is exactly what we need, so you are definitely most welcome!!! :)

Well, you have a lot of time at your disposal to explore the game and the entire setting, considering that we'll most likely grow old and wrinkled until they develop and release a new game, the true KOTOR 3. Not really counting the MMO here; even though it has potential, it won't be an RPG in a full-game style with great storylines like the previous two games. So I'm still waiting for KOTOR 3...

14. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I don't remember what my original answers were to these, but now I think I have the "wrong" answers to the first three...

Also, I've started on my 8th playthrough. Somehow, I've never completed the Carth romance in the 3 times I've played as female, so I'll try to fix that this time.

I agree that TOR doesn't count as a real KOTOR game. It's so sad, especially when I argue with my friends who say that Final Fantasy or the Tales series are the best RPG series out there. Surely the powers that be must realize the awesomeness and potential that KOTOR 3 has?!?!

Amon: Can haz Wookiee cookies? [face_batting]

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    What little I played of the Final Fantasy, it felt more like an advanced adventure. I didn't play new ones, however, so I can't tell if they're 'proper' RPGs or not. However, I think that the video/computer games that have been developed on the basis of real pen&paper RPGs (eg. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Planesape:Torment with roots in D&D and KOTOR originating from WEG's and WOTC's SWRPG material) are the truest RPGs out there, as they use the actual system. So yeah, I would definitely put KOTOR in the best computer RP games of all times.

And mentioning that ^^, Exile, I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but Revan is the best KOTOR hero of all times. OF ALL TIMES!!!
    :p

tjace; sure thing. :) *brings a plate of home made, seemingly furry but deliciously chocolatey e-cookies*
    As for Wookie-cookies in RL, I can' send you a recipe if you want. I got a Star Wars Cookbook for Christmas. :D

16. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    I've come out of lurking bringing good news, fellow Acolytes. It's time to break open those piggy banks, give blood, donate a kidney, hell even rob an old lady. All hail the mighty mini-bust of REVAN!!!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GG10415&mode=retail]

I've bought a few of these statues over the years, and they are awesome, to say the least. Expensive, but worth it if you only buy the ones you're really interested in. Got mine preordered already :cool:

ETA: Aw kark it, it seems my link fu is a little rusty...

17. General_Veers05

Dec 16, 2005
    Happy new year, extremelly belated :p better late than never ;)

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thought I'd drop a line that The Old Republic Forum has been opened in the Games area. I hope that you will all come in and join the various threads and discussion! :cool:

19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I don't know if everyone has been paying attention to the TOR developments, but there is one bit of story that pertains to Revan that I found extremely disturbing. Apparently the developers have gone and said that Revan's war against the Republic was on the orders of the Sith Emperor, and that Revan learned everything he knew of the dark side from this Emperor. I don't know about y'all, but my Revan is nobody's pawn! :mad:

20. MiladyRevan

MiladyRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2006
    Let's just hope she was plotting against them all the time then. Y'know, infiltrating them, pretending to be following orders, learn everything she could from them ... and then turn against them. Or something like that.

21. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Well KOTOR 2 implies that Revan was preparing to fight a bigger threat, so it makes sense that he'd already decided to become a sith, finished off the Mandalorians, went looking for Star Forge, found this Sith Empire and then let himself be 'taught' with the intention of waging war against him.
    But if Malak knew of this emperor it doesn't explain why he just smashed right through the Republic, not leaving any infastructure intact if he was supposed to be an advanced guard. Hopefully they'll scrap this stupid idea and let Revan be the Revan everyone loves, looking after himself first.

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Aw, they've gone there. [face_plain] Exactly what I hoped they wouldn't do - mess with Revan the proper KOTOR canon (by canon I mean the good ol' tale we all know and love). I'm fine with TOR being epic, grand scale thing, but I believe it could have been done without undermining the awesomness of the previous story. Loss of coolpoints to BioWare if they've decided to be lazy and lame and retcon KOTOR games.

23. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    :eek: Wow and I thought I was away for long! What happened to boards??? :s

I recently read bad news about TOR. I say bad becouse it's not what I ahd hoped from this game. my expectations were huge, but by the little I've seen of development news, I got very disappointed. And now, they're raping the canon: bad move.

Malak wasn't the brightest guy, but yeah even he would think twice before destroying his own defences facing a threat like that. Even Revan wouldn't act all by himself facing something of such proportions TOR creators are now suggesting. The story is just full of holes, I'm not buying it.

24. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Forgot to say, sad thing KOTOR comics are no more (<-- sporting Rohlan icon to honour the end of series). :( So what will JJM work on now?

25. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    He's working on a Mass Effect comic for now, but in the fall he has a new Star Wars comic (and novel!) coming out, both called Knight Errant