main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord Is Better Than Your Dark Lord

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
    Need to catch up with TCW, I've only seen 2 episodes this season. Though I'm not entirely sure how that would work out in a show like that... [face_thinking]

Hey! Welcome to AoR! :) For fun's sake, have a go at the questions on the first page to introduce your view of the KOTOR world.
    This has always been the focus of Bioware's and Obsidian's KOTOR talk, plus some comics talk until the Zayne's World. To my knowledge, but mind you I have been absent from the boards for some time, this is the KOTOR place in the EUC still. Though, there are much more in depth threads about the KOTOR story and ties with books comics and SW:TOR in the Lit forum.

[image=http://www.exquisitecrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/sarcasm.jpg] :p

2. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
  3. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Oooo, nice! :D I think I might go for it at some point. For now, the priority of such purchases goes to the Dragon Age letter opener. :p

4. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    Thanks! Sounds good.

Question 1: Who do you think is the greatest sith lord of all time? Ajunta Pall
    Question 2: Who looks cooler: Revan, or Vader? Revan, hands down
    Question 3: Who's better, Revan, or the Exile? Revan
    Question 4: What was Revan's best line in KOTOR? Any line where he is giving Bastila a hard time about looking at him or scrunching up her face like a Kinrath pup...Haha, love her reactions!
    Question 5: What do you guys have your Revan wearing in the game. Do you go for armor? Jedi robes? What are they called? Either Jedi Master robes or Dark Jedi robes
    Question 6: Which do you prefer, hood, mask, or both? Hood. I usually play the game as a lightsider.
    Question 7: If Malak had confronted Revan instead of blowing up his ship while he was distracted, who would've won? Revan would have definitely crushed Malak
    Question 8: Should Revan be a female or a male? I like the male storyline the best for this game.
    Question 9: Which portrait and alignment do you prefer? Smuggler class Jedi Consular, usually Asian portrait and lightside affiliation.
    Question 10: How many times have you played KOTOR? A lot,....but never enough
    :cool:

5. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Interesting that the bust has red and violet sabres, reckon that mean that's the confirmed canon?
    Though the sabre hilts are different to the one I've seen of his, though he may have made others.

6. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Nov 6, 2010
    I've seen a lot of Revan with Red/Purple. I don't know if it's just a trend or actual game makers canon...

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Ajunta Pall! I love the sword from his tomb, one of my fav KOTOR weapons. Somehow, even though I played on LS, I managed to gain enough prestige without having to give up the blade. :p

No idea if they've actually canonised the lightsaber colour too. The trend as Jedi_Corin_Daan mentiones, could have been kickstarted by the fan community, though. I remember back in the days of KOTOR craze, a lot of fanart showed Revan with a purple blade, some of which can still be seen on DeviantArt.

8. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Anyone here up to date on TOR?
    Fan hope/speculation is that Revan is this force user holding off the dark for 300 years, while the exile is the force ghost
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COM5SDJUNbw

9. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Nov 6, 2010
    Same here. I think I went with Naga Sadows poison blade, though. Lightsaber in one hand, poison blade in the other. Deadly combo!

10. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Been reading a lot of Revan fanfiction, lately... I find a fanfiction.net author by the name of Sith Lord Darth Revan to have an incredible grasp on his character... read all of his stories. If he's on the boards and reading this, congrats, seriously. You got Revan spot on.

I think while some may have other favorite Sith or would vote another as Most Evil Sith or some such, my belief Revan is the most awesome Sith is firmly entrenched...

11. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Oh. My. Goodness. The KOTOR II music came up when the Exile appeared, and I became very excite. Interesting stuff about Revan, too.

I may accept this as KOTOR III yet.

12. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Hey Amon and any other original members of AoR that maybe staggering around here. Just wanted to say that i heard from one of the Blades of Revan the other day. Remember FloppyMan, he PM'd me and said he was doing good, and has a successful military career. I don't know if I will hear from him again or not. He was looking up something on Star Wars and it directed him to TFN, where he saw an old PM that he never replied to. I wished I had a copy of the old videos that he made for AoR. It was pretty cool back then. Ah nostalgia, it's nice to think back at the good ole days. [face_peace]

13. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Nov 6, 2010
    Is the fanfic still fairly active?

14. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    It is complete - but the KOTOR II sequel is under development, but hasn't seen much activity in a few months.

He has lots of other good fics though.

The one I was talking about was called The Power of Choice. I enjoyed The Trouble with Crystals tremendously as well, though.

He has lots of interesting theories about Revan; some you might disagree with, but you can't help but admire them and how much they fit. ;)

15. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Nov 6, 2010
    Sweet. I'll have to look at those.

16. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Definitely - they are my favorite KOTOR fics. :D

17. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Hey Acolytes, just letting you know that I requested for a couple of banners to be made for AoR. One having to do with the personal history of the group. The other is clearly connected to the game and of course how the leadership in this group is/was formed.

This group is truly my first home in the EUC and It has a place in my heart. I love that it is still alive, where most threads from the past have faded to obscurity.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Link.

:eek::)[face_dancing]

19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    This could either be the best thing to come out in years, or else be a huge disappointment. Still, I'm VERY excited. Do we have a release date?

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Wookiee has it at October, which isn't that far off, to be honest. :cool:

21. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Not at all. I'm going to have to finish the bane trilogy to sate my dark appetite until this is released.

Evil.

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    :eek: REVAN NOVEL!?!? [face_dancing] winsplosion!

Interesting. I remember reading this as soon as soon as the first TOR webcomics started coming out. I wasn't so sure that they would actually go there with immortalising Revan, but the more I think about, it could work. Although for being something rare and developed later in the timeline, they sure bring Force ghosts into the plot a lot nowdays. ;)

Yes, KOTOR II music ftw! I'll never accept an MMO as the legendary ending to the KOTOR trilogy, though. They owe us this, for a 10 years or when we're all old and wrinkled Acolytes, I wanna play a PC/Xbox/whatever-they-invent-in-the-future game with a finite number of play hours and a good, detailed story that hopefully doesn't ruin the previous games.

FloppyMan! Good ol' days indeed. :D Awesome times were to be had. It's a bit sad that the activity has dropped around the boards. Well, we'll always have Paris. And by Paris, I mean 2005 the über SW year.
    And the banner is glorious news! :D Can't wait to see how it looks.

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Apologies for the double post, but omg guys, are you reading this?! http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Old_Republic_Revan_Synopsis_Released_138432.asp :D

24. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Squealing like a fan girl![face_dancing]

That is so awesome. We waited so long for this. I so can't wait till Nov. to come around. An early Christmas for me!!!!!:D

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    It will truly be an early Christmas present. :D