main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord Is Better Than Your Dark Lord

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    True Sith were the Rakata, they just had more worlds left :p

Anyway, signing off for the weekend, party time :p

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Allow me to check in.

Having the True Sith turn out to be the Yuuzhan Vong is an idea that appeals to me greatly. It fits quite nicely. It also neatly references the fact that Del Rey originally intended the Vong to be exiled Sith.

The timeline would go something like this:

30,000 BBY- Vong/Sith use their sorcery to shape a living planet, and leave the galaxy...but at some point during their time in the void they are stripped of the Force and perhaps their memories too.

4000 BBY- Revan and the Exile are ready and waiting for the Vong/True Sith to return and begin a terrible war. They don't arrive.

25 ABY- The Vong are finally back, albeit without the Force.

But why were they stripped of the Force in the first place? I like to think that their own ultimate creation was responsible. They created a living planet and gave it the Force...but to their horror, it became a lightsider and turned on them...it's very possible. [face_thinking]

Anyway. As you were.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    You know Wing i think that is quite possible for Zonoma Sekot to turn on the Vong only to welcome them back later in order to bring them back into the force.[face_thinking]

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hmmm...I would like to join this club...Do I post the questions or PM them to someone?

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Welcome Nemisis to AOR just post your answers to the questions that are in the front page. Then the three leaders Amon, Obi, Raja will look them over and decide. In the meantime go ahead and jump in on the discussions.

6. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Hmmm. Nemisis, are you sure you're fanatical enough to be an acolyte? You have to be fanatical :p

7. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Mwhahaha, my first opportunity to turn a candidate down... [face_devil]

I don't like the idea of Vong appearing in KOTOR3 too much, mostly because I don't read Star Wars books, so about the Yuuzhan I know only what my brother told me... and I didn't want to listen.
    The Rakatans were OK, because they (as far as I know) were introduced in KOTOR for the first time and kind of fully belonged to the history of Revan. Not to mention that anything more than hints (like Canderous' story) about the Vong would ruin the idea of them coming to the galaxy totally unexpected in the NJO era.

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I remember that discussion back from the old thread. Yes, that weird asterioid thingy that Canderous' group saw had to be a Yorik-stronha or something YV.
    I also think that we shall see some Yuuzhan Vong in the KOTOR 3. Many fans actually miss the Vong, now when they had seen what LOTF is like. There's even a little rebellion on mcs forums. When fans wanted another comic series after TOTJ redemption, Bioware made KOTOR. They took their time, but they did made it in the end. My guess is that they'll at least grant us a glance at Yuuzhan Vong scouts or seeing one of their worldships, kor chokks or something.

Although Baanu Mir was only a 1000 years old (thus being the oldest ship in the NJO, if I'm not mistaken), I've read in the New Jedi Order Sourcebook that YV scouting of the galaxy had begun circa 4000 BBY, although their first official surveying was 25 BBY. They theory of the Sith, developing from Yuuzhan Vong is very interesting, but it is the timeline that bothers me.So I just checked my old Essential Guide to Alien Species and it says: " Circa 100,000 B.B.Y. - And ancient people knows as the Sith develops a unique culture, only to disappear. The dark Jedi later take the name of Sith as their own." So, the origins of the Sith date far before the first appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong in the GFFA.
    (Now, I have old edition of this Essential Guide. I still think this data is correct, but if someone has a New Edition and the data is change, please let me know.)
    On the other hand, as you said, maybe the True Sith aren't what everyone expects and I wouldn't leave out the TS & ancient YV possibility. True Sith aren't necessarily the Sith we've always known... I don't think however, that these modern (NJO) Yuuzhan Vong are True Sith descendants; it just doesn't make much sence to me, as it opens a lot of questions.

Good questions, Reven. I think that even if the True Sith were somehow the Yuuzhan Vong, the YV that invaded the GFFA are not the same as them. However, what you said about the Force connection intrigued me. There was one Force sensitive who had (deliberately?) forsaken the orce - Jedi Exile. For numerous reasons, the Mandalorian Wars, following Sevan onto the Dark Side, Malachor V horrors etc., she/he let go of the Force, severed the connection, created a hole. So, it is possible. Also, in TOTJ, Nomi Sunrider cuts off Ulic Qel-Droma from the Force. So this procedure *is* possible. Force can be lost. Now, to which measure I don't know, because the YV weren't just cut from it, but were entirely outside the Force.

Rakatans are neither Jedi nor Sith.

@Raja, you should start reading Expanded Universe, it is awesome. Start with the Thrawn Trilogy, you'll probably like it. And read NJO, it's pretty cool all in all (I still have to read 3 books).
    And YV appearing in a game... I couldn't be more happier. That will certainly make the game more interesting and it would raise the difficulty level. :D

JANGOANTILLIES and Winged_jedi welcome back! :) Nice to see you again around here, guys.

@darth_nemisis, welcome to the thread. To join the Acolyte

9. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    very interesting, this talk of vong and the true sith. i'd be able to add more, but i've never read the NJO before and know close to nothing of the them.

though it would be cool if there was a connection to the two. it would give a link to all those that love and follow the current books, and read the NJO, a reason to learn more about the kotor era. which is always a plus :cool:

10. StarWarsDweeb

StarWarsDweeb Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    Hello there, my name is StarWarsDweeb and I would like to become an Acolyte of this fan club.

Question 1: I believe that the greatest Sith lord was Darth Sidious.No disrespect to Revan, but Sidious completed the plans of the Sith that were in fruition for over a thousand years. Plus, he killed a large majority of the Jedi Order.
    Question 2: Revan looks cooler than Darth Vader.
    Question 3: No question about it, Revan.
    Question 4: Revan: I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it.

Question 5: Jedi robes
    Question 6: Both
    Question 7: Revan,Malak would have been defeated easily.
    Question 8: Male
    Question 9: Lightside Revan
    Question 10: 4 times.

11. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    looks good to me, StarWarsDweeb:cool: (unless raja is really in the mood to reject someone:p )

and now..... so begin your trials!

have you ever tamed wild rancors before? if not, you might want to practice. it's really not too bad, just try not to wet yourself because the urine smell gets them excited. and then harder to tame!
    juggling gizka isn't too hard, and actually that's mostly fun, so i don't expect a problem there.
    course.. there is the lightsaber tasting.. (that's where darth malak had problems!)

oh, wait? what's that?

oh, we got rid of those trials in the old thread?[face_plain]

i CERTAINLY did not approve that!

well, StarWarsDweeb, i guess just keep posting for a couple months here then your trial will be over and you'll be a full member. *grumble grumble*
    (and being in your trial period basically just means you can't vote in aor elections yet, in case you're wondering)

hope you have fun here:)

12. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Finally I managed to get online. I was burried under a very big pile of books and papers for the past previous days. I had my final and most important exam of this year - Functions - every single one of them. Not just the linear, II-degree or trigonometric, but the logarithmic too! And curve-functions! They are like polynomes and I solved them like polynomes! I hate them!
    ;)
    Sorry, the exam period of the year took its toll on me. ;)
    And AoR should be proud. It's not only Raja that excells on every exam. :D

I love this new thread, brilliant introduction Amon. =D= And congrats on posting it.
    And looks like we had a good start as well. That's very interesting discussion concerning the TrueSith=YuuzhanVong. Those were the YV ships the Mandies saw, allright. Coral skippers, or Stronha. I love the idea of fighting the Vong in KOTOR 3. It would make the game the best Star Wars game ever made: KOTOR and teh NJO main villains. Best that a gamer and a fan can desire. remember the Canderous' story from K1 about the Basillisk War Droids? Well, I so wanted to try that ever since I've heard the story. And so I did. In KOTOR 2 the dreams come true, we actually get to ride a Basillisk. :D Canderous also spoke of asteroid-like ship that they saw, Vong buisness for sure, so I really hope that we get to drive soemthing YV in KOTOR3. :D Wouldn't that be amazing! Instead of that minigame, shooting at fighters from normal cokpit, imagine that you can play all that flying a coral skipper! Become one with the ship, see the space through the mask of the bioship! Totaly cool! :D
    I like the theory about the True Sith. Yes, they may surprise us all and I'm usre we'l see them in KOTOR3. But like someone posted above, I don't think that NJO Vong came from the True Sith. But it is possible that the True Sith came from a different galaxy (maybe Vong fugitives), that is why they were diffreent. Maybe they even caused the mysterious fall of the first Sith Civilisation 100000yrs bby Amon mentioned. Who knows?! ;)

obi_webb, you should read the NJO. It is a great Star Wars.

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Good answers, StarWarsDweeb. As for me, you're in. Enter the Halls of AoR at your own peril. Mwahahaha! [face_devil] *psycho laugh*
    :p
    j/k As, obi_webb said, feel free to hang out here, participate in discussions, post your own KOTOR/Revan theories, fan art, jokes, or just enjoy our random days. :p And after 2 months, you get the full membership status.
    Welcome to the club! :)

Yeah. :( To quote a mod from cmar-net, I miss hanging spammers by their toes. :( [face_devil] [face_mischief] :p
    And there is of course the most dificult of all trials: listening to Bastila's lecture about the dangers of the Dark Side for 7 hours! :eek: [face_beatup]
    :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] ROTFLMAO! [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]
    That was brilliant! =D= [face_laugh]

I'm still laughing about those functions. :p
    Yeah, flying, or just seeing a Yuuzhan Vong ship and technology would be fantastic! :D
    And considering what you posted, it sounds very much possible. I loved the Basillisks and the Beasts form the TOTJ: KOTOR - Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon and after Revan talked with Canderous about it, I wanted to see them in action as well. And there there was a Basillisk in KOTOR 2. Well, it wasn't much, it was only a 'movie', but still, the experience of the game where you land in Iziz with a Mandalorian trade-mark machine is awesome. :D Seeing Yorik-stronha would be even better. Since the Vong are far more alien that the Mandalorians, they would be excellent enemies and more dangerous which would no doubt add to the adrenaline-scale of the game. ;) And YV customs are more complex that Mandalorian, so there can always be much more unexpected surprises in the game.

14. StarWarsDweeb

Dec 15, 2006
    Yeah, I hope that in KOTOR 3 we have a story about Revan and the "True Sith" or something like that. Or it could be about Revan and the Exile meeting then teaming up to fight off the Yuuzhan Vong. That would be cool...

15. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I still hope they'll stick to the original ideas from KOTOR and KOTOR2. Asked why the Mandalorians began the war with the Republic, Canderous says that "the Sith made them an offer". So, whatever it's going to be in the Unknown Regions, it's going to be referred to as "Sith".

I personally believe it's going to be a whole civilisation of Kreias.

16. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Thanks. I'm glad that someone gets the StarWars/Math humor. ;) You know, there are tons and tons of mathematical jokes, but only a few StarWars/Math ones. For me, Star Wars is the excelent source for math parodies. ;)

Mandalorians have complex culture as well. They don't see the world like the Jwedi do so you can expect unpleasant surprises from them too. But it is true that Yuuzhan Vong are more fanatic and more alien that Mandalorians which makes them more dangerous and more interesting. Give me a Sith like Malak, Sion, Nihilus and Traya anytime, but a Vong... [face_worried] I don't think so. the game which consists of KOTOR world, old Jedi and old Sith and Vong would be the best game ever.

Yes, that would be great. I would like to see Exile in KOTOR3 but only as a NPC or a party member. I would like to play through K3 with revan again.

True Sith are KOTOR original idea; Revan himself thinks that they are what drove Mandies to attack the Republic. Canderous only mentiones this offer as a possibility. Vong scouting the galaxy is also a KOTOR idea, at least their appearance in KOTOR.

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Anyone going to C4? I want one of these!
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/gentlegiant/news20070209.html

18. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005

That is a plot error, right? Canderous casually drops that tidbit but my understanding is that not even Revan was sure who had prodded the Mandalorians. (Though he had his suspicions) And would Canderous reaaly be privy to that information? He wasn't Mandalore then.

19. JoeMacbeth

JoeMacbeth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    Here! Here! Back to the old ways...and ritual executions for all who fail our entrance trials...and we should construct a giant altar in Revan's image!...and we should wage a holy war on all those who don't believe in the one true sith lord Revan! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!![face_devil]

wait did I take that too far? hmmmmm....:confused:

back to reality - isn't it time to shake up those old dusty entrance questions, a new thread deserves new bits and bobs to go with it! a suggestion for one question - if you were stranded on a desert planet which Star Wars character would you want to have with you? why?

peace out acolytes!!!:D

20. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Deciple: Yay! Maths jokes again :p

You should dig up some of the olden goldies from the Maths Thread in the CroFF :p

21. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005

Thats true, the Exile did give up the force. BUUUT, Exile was LS, or atleast neutral. A Sith, a dark sider with a lust for power would never give up their own power voluntarily... Again, here we have Nomi Sunrider taking uliq's force away. Its possible to do with 1 or 2 people sure, but a whole race? We on earth are already past 6 billion. Just think of how many people it would take to take the force from everyone.

Somebody posted an idea about Zonoma Sekot going LS. That made me thinking. Sith Alchemy was very advanced. Perhaps, in an effort to make a super weapon or planet( or something) they poured force into it. However, the technique was more than they could handle and they were soon drained of the force to finish it...

Amon, what is the name of the essential guide you are talking about???

@Raja AMon is right, the EU rocks. However, dont start with the Thrawn trilogy. Start with the X-wing serries.( you can skip the ones with Aaron Alston that has to do with the Wraiths). Then go to the Thrawn trilogy...

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    @Marcus, that bust is awesome! :D Malak looks more sinister and dangerous than he really is, but never the less, it looks amazing. I wan't it too. I'm not going to C4, but I hope I'll find it on CE. :)

True. It's not a plot error, because Canderous was simply talking about possibilities. But the conclusion was that nobody knows the exact reason of the Mandalorian invasion.

No, no, no. We won't dump the entry questions; the are tradition of this club. [face_shame_on_you] However, we can modify them as we did in the past. ;)
    To answer your Question, I think it would be..... [face_thinking] though one. it would either be C-3PO so I have someone to talk to, or HK-47 to help me survive on the hostile island. On the other hand, I don't know if that is a good idea since all droids eventually exaust their power cells. In that case, by desert island/planet companioun would be.... hmm.... Dexter Jetser, so he can cook things for me. Nah.... someone else. Grand Admiral Thrawn would be one choice, I would really like to talk to that man. Then there is Exar Kun - because he's a sexy blackmetalhead Sith. [face_mischief] And Boba Fett as well, he is a very interesting person; I doubt it would ever get boring around him. :)

I think that place is locked.

You have a point there, Reven. Dark Side tends to cloud things, BUUUT, there are certain darksiders that are not completely blinded, darksiders that have an open mind to the alternative ways of a Sith's path. Kreia was one of them, Revan too did not let his lust for power totally contol him, that is why he was a much better a Sith than anyone else in his time. And it is known that the True Sith were somehow different that the 'standard' Sith. And that is true, about the mass-deForceing. No living person could do that. But there are certain devices. Star Forge did the impossible by creating the massive fleet of epic proportions. The Scepter of Marka Ragnos (from Jedi Academy) was able to drain the Force from certain places rich with the Dark Side and Tavion used it to create a little army of dark Force-users. Suddenly, a bunch of people with no natural Force talent, were transformed into Dark Jedi.
    And, although I've already posted that I don't believe that the Yuuzhan Vong are descendants of the True Sith, it is possible that they somehow deliberately lost the connection with the Force. The reason could have been the lust for power as well. If they had thought that they would become more powerfull if they become holes in the Force, they would have done anything to gain this power, even forsak

23. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005

Well, the scepter of Ragnos brings up a good point. Perhaps the sith used the item to gather energy for a weapon.( like the Clone Wars' game Force (Dark?) Reaper) The Jedi could have then defeated them before it was used, then use the scepter on a planet to do something benevolent...

Also, maybe you are right about the VG. I mean, in some perspectives they are better off being force holes. There are very few Jedi/ force sensitves, yet their whole race is force immune. It does give them a major advantage. Perhaps the sith, or a splinter group of them felt that way.

Actually, that makes good sense. Sith love civil wars. Maybe they got into an arguement over the use of draining their force, and/or becoming force holes. The force hole faction lost, and retreated to the far ends of the galaxy... And now they just came back.

Another idea feeding off the other one is that those retreating sith found the vong when they were primitive. Making them slaves (like the massassi). The "true sith" perhaps used them as canon fodder against the world. Maybe just now the true sith will come...

24. StarWarsDweeb

Dec 15, 2006
    What if the "True Sith" were still alive,even after Revan and the Exile's quest to find and eliminate them, and, maybe, eventually, they are going to do a series of books about the True Sith and the fight between them and Revan/Exile or in the later years of the EU? That would be interesting. Far more interesting than the Legacy issues and the whole "Jacen is Sith" kriff. Jacen is an SOH:Son of a Hutt...:-B

25. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That does make sence, yes. The whole Force-uage philosophy could be waht devided the Sith from the TOTJ and the True Sith.
    Now, I don't know about using the Vong. ctually, the whole Vong civilisation was very advanced once. An advanced modern society, but that is what destroyed them and that is why they turned to an alternative method of development - biotechnology. Anyways, the rise of an entire civilisation takes a lot of time, the fall of such world and the development of another in a very different fashion takes a lot of times. There are also the years of travel between the galaxies (because the Vong are not from GFFA). I don't think that they were
    primitive when/if they met the Sith. They probably would have had an advanced society, especially because of the intergalactic travel.

I think that we all agree that a KOTOR novel would be awesome. I would be satisfied even with more comics from that Era (comics that are more connected to the Revan and co.). LOTF is an ok series, but it could have been much better. I mostly read it because I'm interested in what will happen to the main SW characters. But I'm disappointed with Jacen, he acts like a total fool. one would have thought that at least a direct descendant of the Skywalker/Solo clan would learn from the historical mistakes better. DelRey didn't put much effort in the series if you ask me. Oh well. *shrugs* And more KOTOR issues that the silly Legacy (that's just Legacy, not Legacy of the Force), would be great. But knowing Delrey and the Dark Horse, I doubt it will ever happen.