main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Acolytes of Revan (was: Darth Revan fan club)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shadow_sith11, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    THAN dammit, not that! I give up on betaing for you :p

Also, Senate drama! It's very close and the tension is mounting :p

And yeah, I'll stay on as Senator until someone else wishes to inherit my insanity :)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Cobra's back. EUS beware! :p

Sorry about the spelling mistake. T is so much easier to write on the keyboard than N when spelling than. :p

And change my username on the offsite or else.... I'm telling you to the admin. :mad: [face_devil]
    [face_thinking] Blast! Your are the admin... :(
    Grr.
    :p

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Mwahaha :p

Emo_Padme is such a funny name though :p

4. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005

Our Dark Lord is better than your Dark Lord 70 %

The Revanolution has just begun 30 %

10 Acolytes have voted in this round.

So, this is it, we have the 'winner'. happy

The name of the new thread is: Acolytes of Revan v.2: Our Dark Lord is better that your Dark Lord! grin

I like it! Brings me back to the old days when only a few of us founded this thread... now it is an unstopable machine... just as Lord Revan would have wanted!!!!

5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005

couldn't have said it better myself:cool:

6. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    It is amasing though how a character with so little actual EU time... has grown to hold a thread as popular as this... I do not think anyother character can be said to have the amount of salivation over Revan's story has. We are just waiting to see what happens, I would wager more than any other EU character around.

Personally the stories of Revan, Bane, and Ventress are my favorite EU story lines... I just hope we do not have to wait 3 years for KOTOR III

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    It is amasing though how a character with so little actual EU time

Actually, that is a real EU time. TOTJ/KOTOR Era, created by K.J. Anderson. :)

I just hope we do not have to wait 3 years for KOTOR III

Go a few pages back and see what I wrote about when can you expect KOTOR 3.
    :(

:p

8. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

Actually, that is a real EU time. TOTJ/KOTOR Era, created by K.J. Anderson. happy

No I know that. I mean... for lack of a better word screen time... Many of the Skywalker children are in coutless books... and Revan is mentioned in one book I know of and the games, I am not up to date on the comics of the era...
    Compared to characters such as the SKywalkers, Solos, ect... Revan still dominates these boards with very few others.

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, that's true.

Revan > a Skywalker.

At least he doesn't go Nooooooooo!!! all the time. :p

10. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    LOL very true. I am not a Skywalker fan at all.

11. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    it just depends on how much crying and whining you like your jedi to do:p i find it amusing, but certainly revan > skywalker any day

which leads me to wonder.. how much stronger do you think kotor jedi were, as compared to jedi of the PT time? WERE they more powerful?
    i certainly think all the jedi/sith wars going on around kotor time, would make them more adept then jedis that dealt with 1000 years of peace and some battle droids:p

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    WERE they more powerful?

Most definitely. PT Jedi are stagnant, old, they blindly follow their tradition and code withouth some deeper thinking. They forget that the Jedi are philosophers as well. The old Old republic (TOTJ/KOTOR) Jedi are exploring the galaxy and the ways of the Force. They constantly gain new knowledge and they need to be always on their guard, concerning the number of wars in the period.

13. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I would agree Amon_Amarth.

14. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    so since the three of us are in agreement, i think the question is could even a lesser sith like darth malak completely and totally schooled anakin skywalker?

i'm curious to see if anyone says anything to defend the PT jedi though. i'd like to see that point argued.

granted, this question IS being asked to acolytes of revan so that might be easier said then done:p

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I don't think so, since Anakin was one of a few Jedi who tried to expand their horizons in the PT Order (at least at start) and he was one of the most powerful Jedi of his time. So, best of PT would be equal to mediocre of TOTJ/KOTOR. But it is possible that Malak could have bested another PT Jedi.

16. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005

but he didn't have a jaw!!:p heh, i just hate saying anything good about malak!

i suppose he might possibly win in a dual with another PT jedi, but he would have been PWNED forever in a battle of the chins!;)

17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    And in a drinking contest. :p

18. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    A drinking contest!!!

Well Kriea does talk about how the ancient Sith even before Revan's time were incredible powerful, same would go for the Jedi. Saying that the current Jedi and Sith are like children compared to the ancients.

So one can only think such would continue. Are there exceptions, I think so.

Sidious, Yoda, Windu, Dooku were exceptionally powerful, I think a handful of Jedi and Sith from every era could easily be considered in the same category as the ancients though. But only a handful.

19. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I don't care what anyone says, I thought Malak was cool as hell.

I think pretty much all the KotOR jedi could have outfought maybe even half the PT Jedi Council. I'd say Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Mace, and Plo Koon were the strongest the jedi had to offer. I imagine they could all own Malak to a degree.

Malak would have destroyed any lesser Jedi, though. From Ki-Adi-Mundi on down, I think they were all below Malak's level. I really could never imagine Malak falling to blaster fire from stormtroopers, no matter how many there were. And Revan is an entirely different story. It seems like the farther back you go, the stronger the Jedi get. Then you have to consider how easily Revan and two teammates plowed through the horde of Star Forge droids coming after them, which were probably far more effective killing machines than the Storm Troopers who killed the entire Jedi Order.

20. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Well put about the driods and troopers.

21. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i agree completely wander. and i'd be far more of a fan of malak if he didn't betray revan. so now i feel it is my duty to hate him:p
    i will say that think malak was far more powerful a sith then some might think. again, i agree with what your post said on the matter.

22. MiladyRevan

MiladyRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2006
    Finally we are discussing something of importance here again! (Revan and KOTOR.)

I think Malak was a pretty good Sith Lord. He could match both Nihilius and Sion if he had lived when they rised, and most of the Jedi and Sith from PT. He wasn't much to look on (Red spandex? Hello!?[face_laugh]) and he was somewhat of a loudmouth. But he was without doubt powerful, and he seemed really sympatic when he was still on the Light Side. And even if he was painfully dumb at some points, even considered a coward, he was smart enough to keep the control over the Sith after Revan.

Of course, Revan pwned him, and she can pwn anyone that stands up against her - even Yoda, Sidious, Vader and Luke. *waving Revan-fan flag :D*

And if you wonder why you haven't seen me for a while ... I'm checking the thread every day, but politics doesn't interest me, and I only post when something interesting shows up, like about Revan or KOTOR.

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I agree with what obi said about Malak, I feel that it is my duty to hate him because he turned on Revan in the worst possible moment. I hate traitors.
    But yes, he was a pretty powerful Force user. Even Yuthura Ban on Korriban says so - that Revan and Malak were the best of the Sith and that it is a Sith's goal to become the 'best' by any means necessary. Malak was tough for a simple Sith or Jedi of the time, but he was weak enough to let himself fall into the Dark Side's grasp. Unlike Revan, he did many mistakes. In the game we find out that even though he was a Sith Lord, Revan avoided bloodsheds and massive crimes and destructions, while Malak wasn't thinking of the consequences. He was consumed by the Dark Side and that was his weakness. That is probably also the reason he betrayed Revan.

On the other side, Malak was, like Revan, Squint (if Squint isn't Revan or Malak ;) ) and the Jedi who volonteered to help the Republic army when the Mandalorians begun their invasion; an openminded Jedi who wanted to help the people of the Republic and the Outer Rim, to protect them against the evil, not just sit in security and debate on it like the Jedi Council did.
    That is also why I think he could have beated 99% of the PT Jedi who were much like Atris, Lucien and the Covenant and the majority of the Council from the KOTOR Era.

Now, I apologize MiladyRevan, but there is one Club matter we still have to clear. ;)
    The rest of the Leadership and I have been discussing about reposting the AoR. I have said that I wouldn't want Shadow_Sith11 (a sock) to repost our Club because of two reasons. First of all, remember when the socks used to give us a hard time. It wasn't really nice. Acolytes had even formed a group of members who will deal with the sock infestation and drive away the socks from this thread - the Blades of Revan. And I think that, taken all this into consideration, the new thread is posted by the sock.
    Also, it is an honour that only a member of the AoR, not a sock of one, deserves.
    Thirdly, it will only confuse new members at it confused them in the past.
    So, Acolytes, who do you think should do the reposting?

Raja, please don't kill me for the long post. :p

EDIT: spelling [face_blush]

24. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I think you should be the one to repost it. I nominate Amon_Amarth, you have been here since the beginning like I, but you have been one of the far more active members here.

In the game we find out that even though he was a Sith Lord, Revan avoided bloodsheds and massive crimes and destructions, while Malak wasn't thinking of the consequences. He was consumed by the Dark Side and that was his weakness. That is probably also the reason he betrayed Revan.

I think it should be noted though, that Darth Revan did not rule these tactics out. Revan was different from Malak in that Malak would level a city everytime, Revan would only do it if necessary to achieve victory, as a Sith should.

25. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    first off, amon you know my feelings on this, but i'll state it for the record. i say you should post the new thread as well, if wander still does not want to post as wander:p

and a good point dragonsith. i don't think revan would ever rule a certain tactic out, if it meant victory one way or another. malak i think was just always in a mean mood because as we have said here, he would not fare well in a drinking contest, or a battle of the chins. ;) it made him a bitter and angry sith, and one that was easily defeated by revan.

i think that is what set revan apart from many Sith. palpatine started off well, but towards the end i think he got old and crazy! there is no way that darth revan would have allowed some barely trained farmboy to spoil his plans:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.