main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Acolytes of Revan (was: Darth Revan fan club)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shadow_sith11, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I don't really want to post it at all, but if I did, I would want to use the alternate account I posted it with at the time. It's almost an AoR tradition for every new member to ask about Shadow_Sith11. A quick explanation clears everything up, and I've always found it quite funny.

However, I agree with the others in saying Amon should probably post it. There are alot of people in this thread who have contributed alot more than I have, and it should be one of those people. I think it should be either Amon, or Tee.

2. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Honestly, I think we are taking the "who should post" too far. Yes, its a great honor, but we shouldnt have to debate about it this much...

On Malak and Revan, I agree pt jedi would get owned by kotor era...g

3. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I say Amon should repost it.

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Im in favor of Amon posting the thread.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Guy, I thank you for your confidence in me to allow me to repost the fan club. :)

Yeah, that is true. But, unlike the other Sith we know, like Malak, Exar Kun or Palpatine, Revan would have considered all posibillities. He would destroy whatever standing in his was, but only if absolutely neccessary. That is why he was different and a better Sith and a better Jedi. I don't think that a farmboy, smuggler, walking carpet and a politician with cinnamon buns on her head would interfere with his plans fro the galaxy. But also, nor would he allow the uprise of someone whose brain has been so washed out by the Dark Side, like old Palpy and a lovesick Sith wannabe. I love the Saga, I really do, but I have to admit that TOTJ/KOTOR Jedi/Sith would own them all. ;)

6. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    I don't have much of an opinion on who should post it--just that it ought to be someone in the Leadership; be it the Founder, Sentinel, Guardian, or Consular.

Whoever wants it, go for it. :p

And I suppose I'll be needing to have the complete rooster posted, as well. ;)

why are we starting a new thread?

From what I understand, threads tend to become very unstable when they get to 10,000 posts.

7. DarthReven

May 8, 2005

Cant dissagree with that logic!:-B

Amon, you have my vote of confidence. If wander aint gonna post it, you certainly should.

By the way, why do threads get unstable at 10 000?

8. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    See, that's why it's a lot easier without democracy... This thread is so egalitarian that no one wants to take any honour. I bet deep in your uber-democratic hearts you all wish there was a possibility of group posting :p

I believe that it would be great if Amon posted the new thread, but if we don't come to full agreement, we can just create a special sock that every leadership would get the password to, and may use it to such... individualistic purposes.

(I am sorry... too much Political Thought 8-})

EDIT: 1) Of course we'd be going to have another referendum to pick a name for the fanclub sock. Democracy uber alles!
    2) @Reven: more than 10,000 posts in one thread can cause server overload.

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Please do not post it as a sock... if some people are going to fight about or be upset if they did not get to post it then thats just too bad. Such is life. We should all be more enthused at the fact that this little old thread is going into
    version 2!!!

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I agree with DS in asking please dont use a sock. Thats kinda cheesy and yes DW started the first thread as a sock but at that time he was using several socks and wasnt sure which one he wanted to actually stay with. It just happened to be Shadow_Sith 11 he started AOR with not some idea for an official sock to post.

If im wrong Wandy bro please correct me. :p

11. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Yep. Wrong. At that time I was settled on Shadow_Sith11, but I changed to Master_plokoon11 a few months later when I joined the Jedi trials, and Darth_wanderguard after that for the Sith trials. So I wouldn't call it a sock. Just an alternate account. It wasn't made with intent to not be actively posted with.

12. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    well it seems to me that this is pretty much settled. amon will repost the thread:cool:

i was wondering acolytes.. how far does your videogame interest go outside of kotor? what games are you intersted in? (i do remember a good halo discussion from awhile back which a few were involved in)
    i know someone that really isn't into games much, but wanted to play kotor simply because if was star wars and they heard a lot about it. and when they played the game they loved it. but to this day kotor and it's sequel are the only games she really cares about.
    do any of you have a similar story like that?

i am a big gamer, and have been as long as i can remember. i don't really play pc games, but i've owned most of the major consoles and play about every genre of games.
    the first kotor i would say is my favorite game i've ever played:)

13. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I play quite a lot of games on my Xbox. My PC gaming took a sharp decline after most of my games decided to not work. Generally I tend to lean towards the driving/racing games, or third person shooters and RPG's. I'm also not opposed to a good game of Tennis :p

14. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Kotor basically ruined all other videogames for me! IMO it was near perfect and now I compare everything else to it. Like Elder Scolls: Oblivion. Fun game but how about more character development? I keep missing those good ole dialogue trees.

15. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i relate to that 100 percent! i always think in oblivion how much better it would be if i had jolee or bastila to talk to:p
    the character development is one thing that oblivion sorely lacks.

16. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    Much like that here. On one hand, I got to like RPGs after KOTOR. On the other, I compare all of them to it... you know the effect :p

Shush about the sock thing, I said that it could be an emergency solution. But if everything is settled, of course it's a lot better to have a member post it!

17. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    KotOR will always be one of my favorite games of all time, but since I don't even own it (I played it obsesively and beat it several times at my sister's house) I find I usually play other things. I love a good game of Madden NFL 06, and Simcity or The Sims are also on my list of games I like to play. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a BIG RPGer. I played Diablo II non-stop for several months, and still play every once in awhile.

I'd say my favorite RPG, and one of my favorite games ever is Fallout. Excellent game. Such an expansive environment. One great thing about the game is that you can beat it in a week or two, or savor it for months, and the longer you play it, the more interesting the plot gets.

18. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    I totally agree. KOTOR is the RPG I compare all others too. (But not to FPS and stuff of course) You know, in many reviews, they speak harshly of all the dialog trees. I never understood that. Maybe it?s because I read fast, but I LOVE the dialog trees. It gives the world depth. I hope Mass Effect doesn?t change in that perspective...

Now, on the original question: Do I play games, why did you play KotOR...

I'm the run of the mill gamer. I play 'em all, from Dead or Alive 4 to Halo to KOTOR. Mostly, I buy games based on their review scores..., but I focus on my 3 favorite genres (in order): RPG, FPS Strategy (tie) However, especially when I was younger, Star Wars boosts up a games review score by a point or two. Homeworld 2 is sweet, but with the Star Wars Warlords MOD on? Godly. Empire at War by itself is a good RTS that could have been better. With Star Wars, it?s a sweet combination of turn and real time based strategy with just a couple of "minor" flaws.

On KotOR, I have to admit it was my 1st real RPG. I think. A lame response, but I've been gaming since the Playstation 1. (So I stared around I dunno, 5 or 6). I know I tried out some RPGs, but didn?t like them...

I can definitely say KotOR totally was my 1st RPG that totally engrosses me. Star Wars was a big pull (and still is:) ) for me back then. I would play and Star Wars game-- even Super Bombad Racing.

Anyways, as I played KotOR, I was never board. I loved all the customization and the story. It was magnificent. I've played that game at least 4 times...

After KotOR, my RPG love flourished. Every other game was an RPG. While they never were quite up to KotOR, I still can say I thoroughly enjoyed them. KOTOR 2, Elder Scrolls 3, Jade Empire, Fable, Elder Scrolls 4. All were great. I know I played KOTOR 2 4 times ATLEAST. (Plot reasons, plus my game was buggy so sometimes I would have a conversation I couldn?t have last time when I was the same alignment)

Does anyone here access Xbox Live? I would love to add you to my friends list:)

Obi Webb also brings up a good past topic. What do you think of Halo? I remember some though it was an overrated piece of trash, and some felt it totally deserves its hype. What do you guys think?

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Guys, thanks for your support, I'll repost the thread tomorrow. :)

I love playing games, but lately, with the school, Uni applications and science competitions, I haven't really got the time. I mostly play pen&paper RPGs. It used to be D&D, but it somehow became more complicated for me to track the development of the things in Faerun, as well as getting familiar with its expansive flora and fauna and infinite pallete of monsters and their traits, so my RP companions and I have decided to play Star Wars p&p RPG because that is the thing we are familiar with even without studying a ton of books. We mostly play the Rebellion era, but I'm trying to convince the GM to make a TOTJ/KOTOR campaign. ;) :D

Other that pen&paper, I like PC games, also RPGs, like Baldur's gate, Neverwinter Nights, Dungeonsiege and adventures, mostly SW games (Jedi Academy...).
    Also, I love a good old console classic. :D My cousins had this really old, big and cube-like Nintendo with great 2D fight games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. I loved those duels when I was little. Once, I even got calluses on my thumbs because I played it too much. [face_blush] :-B :p

I've heard that a moie has been made based on that game. DOA, or something like that.

20. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Dead or Alive is an amazing game. Better than Tekken, imo, if only for the extra bounciness :p

The movie, however, plays up the Americans and only has one of the Japanese main characters, and it's thus rubbish :p

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Ah, Tekken. I used to love that stuff, I played it at my friends in the time when Play Station was a rarity. :p *blink blink* [face_thinking] Man I feel old. [face_worried]

:p

22. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i'm obi webb on xbox live esteemed mandalore:)

i'd post more now, but work calls! hm, i wonder if tomorrow morning when i get back i'll be posting on the new thread..[face_thinking]

23. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I love The Sims too. Actually, I stopped playing it about a year ago, but have rediscovered it lately... Don't you think that this game is a bit... sick? :p

My friend lent me "Paradise", a game by Benoit Sokal (the one who created Siberia). I'm going to try it now. I don't rock at adventure games, but this one has a solution included in the original package. Strange.

24. DarthReven

May 8, 2005
    Amon, you play the Star Wars rpg now? Cool. What do you think of it compared to D&D? I mean, its generally the same game, but I actually prefer it in some respects. For instance, I like how force powers arent like magic and have "X times a day" but instead use vitality. Actually, the whole wounds/vitality is better than HP, IMO.

Do you have the Rebellion Era source book? I bought it a while ago, and it has some good quests. Granted, it was designed was made before the major revision, so some of the character stats and equipment is flawed. Still, its worth the purchase...

@Cobra: You're giving the DOA movie too much. It was made by Uwe Boll. Satan uses it to torchure(sp) criminals in Hell! And you are totally right, DOA is better than Tekken. But *not* only because of the "bounciness". hehe.

@ Obi: I just sent a friend invite.

@Raja: You know, I never really liked Sims. I love SimCity, but I could never get into the sims...

25. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i figure i better take my chance to say goodbye to this old thread in case it gets replaced while i'm asleep..

*raises glass-- clears throat and gets in grand speech making mode*
    ahem..............................

ah, maybe i'll just save it for the new thread:p

here's to the next 400 being better then the first:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.