main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The adventures of Lieutenant Kettch

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lost in Coruscant, Dec 30, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Anyone else here?

2. DarthDVD!!!!

DarthDVD!!!! Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2000
    plz finish it plz plz plz....
    DarthDVD!!!

3. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Oops.

I didn't have a chance to put more of the story onto a disk before we came to the library, and we had to move everything to the D drive because we're re-formatting the C drive, and it's a big mess...and I might be back soon, and WorldSpy Tech support are anything but support...blah blah blah.

4. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Wes hit the door panel, and jumped into his room.

?Kettch! You?ll never guessed what happened!? He pulled the box out from under the bed, and grabbed Kettch?s paws.

?Face found out a ship?s shipping route, and we?re going to rob them!? Wes swung Kettch around, then set him on the cot. ?We?ll be going out soon, and there?s probably going to be some shooting, but don?t worry about me.?

Why would I worry about you, Wes? Kettch thought. You are nuts. But I don?t doubt that you can take care of yourself.

?I probably won?t be gone long. We are taking the Sungrass, but it?s not large enough for the x-wings.? As he spoke, Wes grabbed a bag from under the bed, and began stuffing the datacards and papers from the desk into it. ?Stupid droid.... Anyway, we?re
    shipping out soon, and I-?

Wes stopped abruptly, and turned to look at the doll. ?Why am I telling you this? I could just write it down, and you?d read it. Eventually.?

Wes took the bag, and stuck it under the bed. "I?ll be back in a couple days, maybe.?

He kept rambling on about how the briefing went, and how Squeaky had shown up at it with his report, but Kettch heard none of it. He had gradually let his hearing fade, and entered his stasis-sleep mode, where he was oblivious to the rest of the galaxy.

Meanwhile, Squeaky was packing the Sungrass with Antilles?s and a few of the other pilots? belongings. ?I certainly do not understand why they cannot do this themselves. I am the Wraiths? Executive Officer, not their personal valet. Why, how much effort is it to pick up a bag, and put it into this ship.? Squeaky gestured with his
    hand at the ship. ?They have to get on board anyway-?

Face Loran walked up to the landing ramp of the Sungrass and nodded to Squeaky. ?Thanks, Squeaky, I needed those few extra minutes to brief Kell on...something.?

A bit non-plussed, Squeaky said, ?You?re most certainly welcome, Lieutenant. However I will not be making a habit of doing this. Commander Antilles asked me to help you in any way you saw fit, and-?

?Yes, I know.? Face picked up a bag, and swung it over his shoulder. ?I?ll give you a hand.?

The droid stared at Face for a minute, then continued loading the freighter. ?I must say, Lieutenant, this is unexpected.?

Face stepped out of the freighter. ?Really? Uhm, have you seen a dark bag? about this long?? He spread his arms to indicate how long it was.

?Yes, I believe it was the first item I placed in the hold.? Squeaky walked up the ramp with another bag in his arms, and Face grabbed his arm as he walked by.

?What? Are you sure??

?Yes, Lieutenant. My memory is functioning perfectly.? Squeaky shook his arm free of Loran?s grasp, and continued with his bundle.

Loran smacked his head, and stood on the ramp for a moment. ?Uh, say Squeaky.?

?Yes?? Squeaky emerged from the hold, and returned to the pile of bags.

?I?ll finish this up. I?m sure you have more important things to do with your time than load all this stuff into this pile of junk.? Face leaned against the ship, emphasizing how worthless it was.

?Lieutenant, I do not believe that we are discussing the same ship. The Sungrass is in perfect-?

Face waved his hand. ?Don?t say condition. It certainly doesn?t appeal to the eyes.? Leaning forward, he stared at the droid. ?Squeaky, I?m offering to take over this menial chore. Will you let me do this??

Squeaky took a moment to consider. In his short time with the Wraiths, he had discovered that they had made a sport of teasing, and playing practical jokes on each other. This bag Face was looking for could have something to do with either one. His mind made up, Squeaky dropped the bag. ?Fine, Lieutenant. You may load the freighter.? He walked of towards the galley, and behind him, his audio sensors picked up Loran?s sigh.

?Something wrong-? Squeaky turned to face him.

?No!? Loran quickly walked down the plank and picked up some bags, and one of Cubber?s tool boxes. ?Get going, Squeaky. I?m sure Antilles has something for you to do.?

Squeaky decided that there was a 65% chance that Loran was planning something, but he decid

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    More! Write some more please. Is what's hidden in the dark, Darth Kettch?

6. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Browser screwed up.

[This message has been edited by Lost in Coruscant (edited 03-19-2000).]

7. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Messed up twice.

It was a good post, but seeing it three times kinda ruined it.

[This message has been edited by Lost in Coruscant (edited 03-19-2000).]

8. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    ?Mwuahahahahaha!?

Squeaky sighed, and set down his datapad. ?Kettch, must you do that whenever you win? It gets rather annoying.?

Kettch smiled. To humans, he would seem insufferably cute right now, thought Squeaky.

?I?ll try not to, Squeak, but I must express my joy at beating you in some way!? Kettch was laying on Wes? bed, holding a datapad between his paws.

Squeaky cocked his head. ?Perhaps you would do better thinking of ways to celebrate your demise.? He picked up his datapad, and cleared the screen. ?New game, and I get to go first this time.?

?Okay.? Kettch held up his datapad, and waved it at Squeaky. ?Begin.?

Squeaky began pressing keys on the datapad, gradually getting faster. He was also
    pressing the transmit button on the pad, and the data on it was being transferred to
    Kettch?s datapad. Kettch was reading the data Squeaky was transmitting, and making
    changes to it, while he was also hitting the transmit button on his datapad. When it got back to Squeaky, it continued through the datalink they had set up, and gradually it filled up both pads.

Kettch would win only if he found every mistake Squeaky made. Squeaky was listing facts and laws from 256 planets in the known galaxy. Squeaky would win if Kettch did not find all of them, and the game would be over when the pads both reached their limited storage capacity.

?Ha! I won!? Kettch stood up and began clapping his hands and jumping up and down on the cot.

Squeaky placed the datapad on the cot. ?You needn?t gloat.?

The doll stopped for a moment. ?If you won, you would.?

?Yes, if I won. However I have not, so I do not know how I would react.? Squeaky stood up, and took the datapad from Kettch.

?Can?t we play again??

Squeaky shook his head. ?No, I have other things to do, and the pilots might be back
    soon.?

Kettch laid down on the bed, and sighed. ?Oh, but they?ve only been gone a day! Can?t they stay away for longer??

Erasing the contents of the datapads, Squeaky walked to the desk. ?No. They have duties, and I do wish that you would stop acting like a cub.?

?Oh, fine.?

Kettch rolled off the bed, and stepped in front of Squeaky. ?Could you play another game with me? I?ll let you win.?

Squeaky contemplated that for 2.677 seconds. ?Very well, but if I don?t-?

A loud noise interrupted him. When it stopped, Kettch held up his hand, and pointed to the ground. ?I think it came from under us.?

?Nonsense, there?s nothing-? The noise began again, not so loud this time.

Kettch held up his hand for the droid to be silent, then walked over to the door. ?I?m going to find out where that?s coming from, will you come with me??

?Why? you should stay here so no one sees you-?

The doll stamped his foot. ?It?s the middle of the night, nobody?s around. I?m tired of being here!?

The droid sighed. ?Very well, I?ll go with you. I can?t have you wandering around all by yourself.?

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow, three posts. The leprechauns must have taken over the forum. Great work!

10. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    UP!!!

DarthDVD!!!

11. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    I love this story! Just thought I'd mention that.

12. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    ?No, you can?t.? Kettch reached up and opened the door. ?Come on.?

Squeaky followed him. ?Well, now what?? he said once they were outside Janson?s room.

?Shhhh...? Kettch held up a paw. He pointed down. ?How do we get below us??

?We go left to the storage closet, then right to the kitchen, then-?

?Okay, start walking.?

Kettch and Squeaky walked through the base, and reached their destination without incident. Squeaky went over to a group of boxes in a back corner of a rather large storage area, and gestured for Kettch to join him. ?When the NR team first arrived here, they discovered that during certain times of the asteroid?s spin, gases are released through the surface of the rock. The base was pretty much a big hole on the surface of the rock, and they filled it pretty well. But they left access to the tunnels beneath us through this storage room.?

Squeaky began moving some boxes, and Kettch moved them out of his way. ?How long has this place been here??

?At least 50 years.? Squeaky pushed a box out of the way. ?Records of the Halmad Mining Corporation are difficult to find. There was a rumor started years ago that the officials helped Jedi escape Palpatine?s Jedi hunters.?

?Jedi hunters? I thought Palpy only had-?

?Who?? Squeaky stopped for a moment and turned to look at Kettch.

?Palpy. It?s shorter than Palpatine, and easier to pronounce-? Kettch explained.

Squeaky nodded. ?Yes, it is. But it isn?t tactful.?

Kettch gawked. ?Tactful? He?s dead.?

?Yes, he is. But he was also a dark Jedi.? Squeaky leaned forward. ?He could come back.?

Shuddering, Kettch kicked a box into a corner. ?I heard about Obi-Wan Kenobi appearing to Luke Skywalker. But Skywalker?s a Jedi. We wouldn?t be able to see him, would we??

?No, probably not.? The droid and the doll stood for a moment, trying to sense anything different about the room.

?Ah, well. I thought Vader was the only Jedi hunter Palpy had-?

?Must you say Palpy?? Squeaky interrupted.

?Yes. Now who were the other hunters?? Kettch folded his arms, and waited for an answer.

Squeaky emitted an annoying sound, and began moving boxes again. ?All I know is that they weren?t organic. Before I served with Captain Antilles, I spent some time translating for mechanics working with planet computers.?

?Why would-?

?Because some computers are stupid, Kettch.?

Kettch considered that. ?Well, yes. That is true. I?ve met a few droids-?

?Oh, shuttup.?

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! A new post!

14. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    ummmm like UP TO THE TOP

15. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Squeaky lifted another box to reveal a trap door. He handed the box to Kettch, then leaned over to open it. A short, incessant beeping interrupted him, and he straightened up.

?What is it?? Kettch asked inquiringly.

?My comm.? He switched it on, and identified himself. ?Squeaky here.?

?Squeaky,? Kettch recognized Antilles? voice on the other end. ?we?re back, and we need you to help unload the Sungrass. Report to the hangar immediately.?

?Very well, sir.? Squeaky switched it off, and turned to Kettch. ?I?m afraid you won?t be able to investigate the caverns right now.?

?Awww...? Kettch started to whine. ?I heard Wes talking about the Wraiths going to Home One. You?ll probably have to go with them, and what will I do then??

Squeaky picked up some boxes, and placed them on top of the trap door. ?Maybe you could fill out some reports and acquisition forms for me.?

?Or I could scrub Wes?s ?fresher station with a toothbrush.? He nodded. ?Yes, I think I?ll do that.?

Kicking a box out of his way, Squeaky walked over to the door. ?Stay here for a few hours. I?ll try to come back for you-?

?Wait a minute.? Kettch moved some boxes over to the pile by the trap door. ?If the Wraiths are going to leave the station for a while, they?re gonna have to pack.?

?Yes, and I suppose that I-? Squeaky realized what Kettch was saying. ?Oh. Wes is sure to miss you, if what you tell me is true.?

The doll stamped his foot. ?It is true! I?m like his confessor.?

Squeaky sighed. ?With the Wraiths coming back, it?s going to get busy around here. Come on, I suppose I?ll have to carry you.?

Kettch balked at the idea. ?I can walk!?

?I know. But an Ewok doll walking around the station is going to draw attention.?

?You can hold my hand, and drag me.? He crossed his arms, and spread his legs. ?You?re not going to carry me.?

?Kettch, be reasonable. Wes is going to miss you, and we don?t have much time. Now get over here before I decide to rip your stuffing out, and use your coat as a rug.? Squeaky held out his arms, and waited.

?No.?

?If I must.? Squeaky took two steps towards the doll, and picked him up by the ears. ?This will look strange, but I-?

?NO!? Kettch began kicking, and grabbed Squeaky?s arms. ?Let go of my ears!?

Outside in the galley, a young male mechanic was about to enter the kitchen, in search of something to eat. He pushed the door to the kitchen open, and began rooting through the cupboards. He found some bread, meat, and was in search of some paste, when he suddenly heard a rather loud, mechanical voice.

?Kettch, I am going to take you back to Wes? quarters, and you are going to be still until we get there. I don?t give-? The door to the storage area opened, and Squeaky emerged carrying a large, furry doll.

The mechanic stared at Squeaky, and Squeaky tucked the doll under his left arm. ?Is there a problem, crewman??

?Uh, no, sir.? He stared at Kettch for a moment, then pointed. ?Isn?t that the doll Commander Antilles found in his sim??

Squeaky glanced at it, then walked hurriedly over to the door. ?No.?

?Um, okay.? Squeaky left, and the tow-headed mechanic returned to making his sandwich. Shaking his head, he said, ?That was strange.?

16. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Stupid netscape...

[This message has been edited by Lost in Coruscant (edited 03-30-2000).]

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Cute. Keep posting the story! <giggles> Squeaky carrying an Ewok...

18. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Several hours later, Kettch sat on Wes?s bed. Thinking. Squeaky was gone, Wes was gone, and so was two thirds of Wraith Squadron. Kell Tainer had been left in charge, and it was clear that the staff here at Hawk-Bat station were pleased with the arrangement.

Kettch sighed. Squeaky hadn?t been very nice, but he had been on the common sense side of the argument. Wes had come back to his room, but he?d either been in too much of a hurry to talk to Kettch, or he?d outgrown him. Kettch was betting on the former.

An hour after Wes had left, Kettch had gotten out of his prison, and tapped into the comm system to find out where everyone was. Most of the pilots were resting, but the Thakwaash was in the gym. Well, that doesn?t matter. The galley?s in the opposite direction. A few of the ground crew had been forced to clean the galley, though, so Kettch couldn?t continue his explorations of the tunnels, until they were done.

So there he was, all alone in Wes? quarters. He wasn?t bored, was never bored. He could play games with himself.... But he?d gotten used to Squeaky?s company. For the past day or two, when the Wraiths had been gone holding up ships, they?d become quite chummy. Kettch tried to concentrate on a set of numbers. Then he multiplied, squared, inverted...

?Oh, to Sith with it!? Kettch bounded off the bed, and began running around the room. ?Hurry up you stupid crewmen! I-? Kettch stopped. He?d seen something....

Slapping his head, he grabbed the chair from the desk and placed it in front of the door. ?Stupid, stupid, stupid...? Above the door was an air vent, large enough for 2 Ewoks.

Kettch pulled himself onto it, but he was still too short to reach it. About 2 meters short. Now what could he find in this room that was about as tall as he?

His eyes lit up when he remembered the box. He clambered down off the chair, and hurriedly lifted the cot and pulled it off. Then he walked over to the chair, stood it on top of it, then leaned it against the door. As long as noone came in while he was on it, he should be fine.

Unless someone happened to come in.... Kettch shook the thought out of his head. This was a lieutenant?s room. The pilots weren?t stupid, but the ground crew might.... He hopped off the chair, and got over to the comm system. Still sleeping, still working, still working out, still cleaning. Good.

Kettch ran back over to the chair, and climbed it. Then, taking a deep breath, he climbed the box. It wasn?t as flimsy as it looked, and at first it held up to his weight. He took another step on it, and reached up to the vent. So far so good. Another step, a little closer. Another step, much closer.

He was at the top of the box, but he was still a 3 paws length away from the vent. Kettch almost pounded his foot into the floor, but he remembered at the last moment that the box was flimsy, and he didn?t want to break it. Yet.

He jumped off, and looked around the room for something to use. Nothing in here, maybe the ?fresher. No, nothing in there. Getting desperate, he looked through the desk drawers. Inside one of them, there was a whole bunch of little awards. Kettch ignored them, but in another drawer, he found some glue.

Kettch thought for a moment. Wes might miss these things. But they were for bravery. Wes sometimes said that he was the bravest man in the whole New Republic. After General Solo, of course.

So Wes must have lots of these! He probably wouldn?t mind if Kettch just glued some of them together. His mind made up, Kettch got to work glueing the decorations together, in a ladder-type arrangement.

The awards were about 3 inches long, and there were a lot of them. Kettch decided to put two in for the rung, and keep the sides of it shorter than the rung was. After he got started, he decided that he probably could?ve gotten up to the vent entirely with this ladder.

An hour later, he was finished. There hadn?t been enough to remove the chair, but at least he could rid himself of the box. After removing it, and replacing it to it?s usual spot und

19. m0rpheus25

m0rpheus25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2000
    We just published a new "community" section at TFN FanFilms. This page is full of links to many SW Fan Filmdom related websites. You will find many websites that might be able to help you for you film making needs.

Check it out: http://theforce.net/theater/community.shtml http://theforce.net/theater/community.shtml

Eric "Morpheus" Desormeaux
    TFN FanFilms

20. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Nobody.

Kettch removed the vent, and let it drop to the ground. It made a loud, resonic sound. Frozen, Kettch listened to see if anyone was coming. He heard nothing, so he continued his escape.

The inside of the vent was smooth, and Kettch had to spread his arms as far as he could to get the rest of his furry body in. Once he was fully inside, he slipped around for a moment, then he fell. Down, down, down, down....

He bit his tongue to keep from screaming. He had every right to scream, though. He was falling in an air vent, to a destination who knows where, with who knows what there to greet him. The station was quite cold, perhaps he was falling to the furnace.

Kettch took a breath to scream, but before he could let it out, the vent curved, and now he was on his back, sliding to who knew where. But sliding was better than falling, because now you can stop.

Spreading his legs as far as he could, he pressed them against the side of the vent, trying to stop. The vent burned fur off his feet, he pressed his lips together and tried to press harder, fighting the pain.

Suddenly, the vent ended, and Kettch slammed into a wall. The wall gave out, and Kettch shot out into a small, cramped room.

He lay prone on the floor, his feet in the air, his back on the ground. He?d knocked over some containers, and Kettch guessed that they helped break his fall. There was a musty
    light, but he couldn?t tell where it was coming from.

Slowly, he drew his legs to his chest, and rolled over onto his knees. Nothing was broken, because he didn?t have any bones, but Kettch guessed that he?d probably shifted some stuffing around in his left leg.

?Sithspit...? Kettch stood up, and rubbed his leg, trying to put it back into it?s proper shape. A few minutes later, he gave up. It looked like a leg, and that was good enough
    right now.

Kettch walked over to the wall he had shot out of, and considered climbing back into the vent. He dismissed that thought with a shake of his head. ?Even if I could get up there, I couldn?t possibly go up it.?

He wandered around the room, looking for another way out. The boxes he had knocked over were filled with old ration packs, some old uniforms, and miscellanious items. None of it would help him get out, if he didn?t find a door.

Circling the room twice, Kettch decided that there wasn?t an exit. Or an entrance, other than the vent. Kettch sat down, and thought about his options. ?I could just sit here, until someone finds me.? He looked around the room. ?But all this dust....? He wouldn?t do that. He couldn?t just sit there, calmly waiting for someone to find him. Lieutenant Kettch was a doll of action!

Kettch got up, and went around the room once more, this time softly tapping the walls, looking for a hollow spot he could possibly knock through. He found a small seam in the wall that continued up, but decided to come back to it later.

Despite the light in the room, it wasn?t coming from any heat source within the walls. Kettch was confused for a moment about where it could possibly be coming from, but decided that he should find a way out before he studied that phenomenon.

A few minutes later, he?d finished examining the walls. They were disgustingly solid. Sighing, he went back to the seam. It would be impossible to pry it apart, but he tried to follow it with his eyes, up the wall, onto the ceiling.

?Oh, Sithspawn.? The seam ended, and above him was a small square, that Kettch guessed was a trapdoor.

He grabbed some boxes, and began stacking them against the wall, under the door. Carefully, he began climbing them, trying to reach his goal.

Above him, the evil waited. The secret that was kept was patient; it?s destiny would be fulfilled, in due time.

Kettch, oblivious to the danger, got off the boxes, and stacked them in a more stable position. ?4 on bottom, then 3, then 2...? he murmured as he placed them on top of each other. Kettch needed one more box for the top.

He looked around. The ones closest to him were flimsy, and would never hold his weight. In the far

21. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Hey guys.

I've decided to leave the JC, and due to the absence of posters (*cough* cough) in this thread (I'm assuming you read and do not post), I'm passing along the link to http://www.nightly.net/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000309.htmlthe thread at another board.

22. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    as ob1 wood say
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    plz plz plz come back plz.......
    DarthDVD!!!

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    NOOOOOOOO! Don't leave! Must have more. Please?

24. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    get back hear!!!!

DarthDVD!!!

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Please come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.