main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The adventures of Lieutenant Kettch

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lost in Coruscant, Dec 30, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
  2. A.C. Crispix

A.C. Crispix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2000
    Kettch stepped back, startled. ?Why didn?t I notice you before?? he wondered aloud. The body didn?t answer him, so Kettch walked around it.

It was leaning forward, as if in pain. The body was decomposed, but not enough to rid it of all the flesh. Kettch guessed that it had been down there about 30 years.

He stood in front of it, wondering what he should do. Kettch wasn?t a protocol droid, he couldn?t give any ceremony for the disposal for the body. Maybe he could just get back to Wes?s room, and tell Squeaky when he got back, then he could do something about it.

Kettch slapped his paws together. ?Yes, that?s just what I?ll do!? He got back to his boxes, and hurriedly climbed them. ?I?ll go up until I reach the base, then I-?

Something moaned. Startled, Kettch turned to the body. It didn?t move, and neither did Kettch.

?Excuse me.? The sudden voice scared Kettch, and he fell from the boxes. ?Oh, I?m terribly sorry about that.?

?Who are you?! Show yourself!? Kettch got up, and turned around quickly, scanning the room for the voice.

?Oh, I?m sorry, but I can?t.?

?Can?t what?? Kettch took a step in the direction he thought the voice came from.

?I can?t show myself,? the voice answered. Kettch couldn?t tell if it was male of female. It was a very non-descriptive voice.

?Why not?? he took another step in the same general direction.

There was silence for a moment, then the voice said, ?Because I can?t move.?

Kettch sighed. ?Where are you? I?ll find you.?

?I?m in a pocket.?

Kettch stared at the skeleton. ?You?re in a dead man?s pocket.?

The voice cheered. ?Yes, I believe so.?

The doll walked over to the skeleton, and craned his neck, looking for a pocket. ?I?m in a jacket pocket, if that?s any help.?

Kettch nodded. ?Yes, it is. Sort of.? He reached his paw into the left pocket, and pulled out a vibroblade. ?You?re a vibroblade??

?No, check the other one,? it said, annoyed at the presumption.

He stuck his paw in the other pocket, and came out with a cube. It was smooth on 5 sides, with dimensions of about 5 inches. The sixth side had a large, black spot on it.

?You?re a box?? Kettch said, puzzled.

?Yes.? The cube vibrated, and Kettch dropped it on the floor.

?What are you doing??

The cube did not reply, but continued shaking itself, until it began rocking back and forth.

Kettch sighed. ?I have to-?

The box rocked onto it?s side, and the black spot was on top. It lit up, and a hologram appeared. It was about 6 inches high, in the form of a male Twi-lek.
    ?Who are you?? Kettch asked.

?I am the Jedi Master Yallen?usm.? The hologram stared at Kettch?s knees.

Kettch?s draw dropped at the mention of a Jedi. ?Uhm, question-?

The hologram ignored Kettch, and continued. ?After the Clone Wars, the Emperor Palpatine,? The Twi-lek spat at the title. ?ordered that a new droid be created for him. These droids were upgrades of the Droidekas, and were made especially for hunting the Jedi down. With multiple laser blasters, and their own shield generators, it was impossible for one Jedi alone to destroy it, and escape. The Dourfam corporation was ordered to create it, and the agreed. But they did not make the droids perfect.?

The middle-aged Twi-lek smiled. ?The emperor demaned to know where every droid was at all times. The Dourfam programmers arranged for hyperspace transmitters to be placed all over the New Republic, and for control stations to be placed at regular intervals. Tonheld Mining was forced to build the stations.?

Kettch sat down. The Hawk-Bat base was originally a mining facility built by Tonheld, so this should be interesting.

?A Tonheld official was sympathetic to Jedi. He arranged for a hive minds to control sectors of droids. He programmed one of the minds to help the Jedi escape to the Unknown Regions. Many lives were saved with his help.?

The hologram faded, leaving Kettch alone again. ?Hey! I?ve still got questions!?

A corner of the box popped off, and the voice said, ?Well, ask me then.?

Cautiously, Kettch reached over and picked it up. ?Okay, what are you,

3. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    YES! You posted again! Hehe. I didn't expect those droids to be brought into this story! Great post. I can't wait to read more. Post soon.

4. A.C. Crispix

May 1, 2000
    "Yeah, and I bet I wouldn't miss you either..."

"What was that?"

Kettch sighed. "I said-"

"No, not you." Sya said, irritated. "I thought I heard something."

Kettch perked up his ears. "I didn't hear anything. Is the door up there locked, or something?"

"What? No. Just climb it."

Kettch began climbing, and reached the floor above him. It continued going up, though.
    "Sya, how far up should I go?"

"Only one. The other floors are sealed off."

Ah, good.

Looking around the room, Kettch noticed that, despite it being the control room, it wasn't very neat. "Sya, how come there's a lot of junk in here?"

"It's not junk, it's a lot of relics. The Emperor had this place used as a checkpoint for all his treasures headed to Wayland."

"Where's Wayland?" Kettch asked.

"I don't know. Look around for a large desk, with a lot of buttons on it. We'll need to shut down the core from there."

Kettch frowned. "But the Droidekas-"

"Kettch, if we turn off the core, they won't be able to recharge. We can run around evading them for a few days, then they'll drop dead."

"I thought we were going to warn the Wraiths."

Sya made an exasperated sound. "How ae we going to do that? You can't tell them, I certainly can't. How are you going to explain my presence anyway? I want to be there for that one."

"Why don't you figure it out? You seem to have all the plans figured out." Kettch thought for a moment. "I can tell Squeaky. He can make up some excuse-"

"I beg your pardon? Squeaky? Who is that?" Sya interrupted.

"Squeaky's a protocol droid. He can help us." Kettch added.

"Well, I suppose we can." Sya said doubtfully.

"The only problem is that Squeaky will be gone for a couple days. How long will the Droidekas be busy with-"

"Probably not that long! Kettch, we have to do this now."

Kettch walked around the room. "Sya, I can't. What if Wes comes back and notices I'm gone?"

"He'll think you've wandered off. Now do you see it?"

Sighing, Kettch circled around. "No. Is it in the middle of the room? Towards the back? Is it around the other way?"

Sya lit up, and Kettch removed the cube from his vest. Sya had begun to hurt, pressed against his chest like that.

"Well? which way." Kettch asked, after a minute.

"Go straight ahead of you 8 meters."

Kettch looked up at the way he was supposed to go. "Ha ha, Sya. I'm not walking into a lot of boxes."

"It's right over there." Sya insisted. "Go around, or over, or under the boxes."

"Okay, and maybe I should just toss you over," Kettch muttered.

Kettch reached his paw out to touch the boxes, then began running his hand along the side as he walked around it. The light in the room was very dim, and Kettch asked Sya to turn into it's flashlight-mode.

Sya complied, and Kettch waved the light around the boxes. Most of them were quite large, with Imperial markings on them. Others were smaller than Sya, with bright red blue strings attached.

"Sya, is there anything in these boxes that might help us escape? Like some top-secret Droideka killer?"

Sya sighed. "I wish, but I honestly don't know. My keeper said that some of the boxes held Jedi relicts, but I don't know if a lightsaber, or a blaster would be among them."

"A lightsaber wouldn't do much good. I was thinking more along the lines of a real live
    Jedi."

"If there are any Jedi in the boxes, I would assume that they are dead, and of little use for us."

"Right, right." Kettch stopped walking, and looked back towards the ladder. He'd walked a fair distance. "Sya, I'm gonna have to climb over or move some boxes. This shows no sign of stopping."

"What does?" Sya asked, puzzled.

"The row of boxes! Who did this? It's stupid! I mean, there's no way to get over there!" Kettch raved.

"It's there to prevent people from getting there, I assume. My keeper or one of the Droidekas must have arranged it."

Kettch frowned. "Yeah, but wouldn't you know if your keeper did?"

"No. I do have to power down sometimes."

"How 'bout right now?" Kettch murmured. He began walking back towards the ladder, looking for a lower box that he could climb on to.

"I beg

5. DarthDVD!!!!

DarthDVD!!!! Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2000
    hmmm your back?
    lets chuck a party!!!
    DarthDVD!!!

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Are you back for good? Wonderful post! It seems like all droids are like that... annoying.

7. A.C. Crispix

May 1, 2000
    Kettch shook his head. He was about to speak, when he saw that he was at the next level. "Sya, we're here. Where's the inter-"

"Look around. It will be on the floor."

Kettch removed Sya from his vest. "Light please." Sya obliged him, and he flashed it around on the floor. A bit of silver caught his eye, and he went over to see if it was an
    interface.

"Found one." He stuck Sya on it, and stood back, waiting for things to happen.

"Good...good..." Sya said to itself.

"What is?" Kettch asked curiously.

"It doesn't know about me. You, probably, but I'm a wild card. Kettch, go back over to the ladder, and you'll see two arrows. Press the one facing you, and it'll close the opening."

Kettch swallowed hard. The Droidekas knew about him? He was going to get vaporized?

"Do it, Kettch."

Kettch pushed the button, and the door snapped shut. Kettch jumped back, startled. "Sya, how do I get back to the base from here?"

The lights on Sya's surface blinked. "There's another door beyond you. Open it up, and climb the ladder you'll find. But don't-"

"Sya, I've made up my mind. I'm leaving." Kettch walked over to the door. "You want me to run around down here avoiding the Droidekas until their batteries run down. I'm not going to do that. I'm going to go home, and wait for Squeaky to get back. When he gets here, I'll tell him what happened, and he can decide how to tell the other Wraiths."

"Kettch, you can't be serious-"

"I am." Kettch held his burned arm against the doorpanel. It was still a little hot, so the sensors registered his presence, and opened the door. "Goodbye, Sya. The emperor is dead, and slavery-"

Sya suddenly began playing the obligatory music piece. Kettch stepped through the door,
    and stuck his paws on his ears. "Shut up Sya!"

The music abruptly stopped. "As I was saying, the, ahem, is dead, and slavery is being eliminated from the galaxy. I'm a free doll, Sya. And I'm not your pincushion, valet, or free ride anymore."

Sya cried out to him. "Kettch, Kettch! Please, stay, I need your help. I won't tease you anymore! I'll only give instructions about how to-"

The door slammed shut. Sya noted the time, and turned it's attention towards the sensor logs and active scanners. Quickly, Sya erased all signs of Kettch going to the door, and disabled the sensors along his path.

"If he's going to leave me, I'm not going to let them find out where he's going." Sya vowed.

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    "I'm a free doll, Sya. And I'm not your pincushion, valet, or free ride anymore."

LOL! So funny! Post soon.

9. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    hmmm...
    up?

DarthDVD!!!

10. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    "I made it..." Kettch whispered. "I made it..."
    He stood across the hall to Wes' quarters, looking around for signs of anyone. Once he'd made it up the ladder, it'd taken several hard hits to get the door open. Once he'd gotten up there, he knew why. Kettch had ended up in the storage room, and Squeaky had put several boxes on top of the trap door.

Kettch had been so happy to see it, he'd gotten down and kissed the floor. He was shaking from the climb, burnt from the fire, and tired from the effort.

He'd taken a few minutes to shut the opening, and replace some of the boxes. A crewman had been in the kitchen, and Kettch had had to wait for him to leave. During that time, he
    thought of what he had done.

Abandoning Sya may have seemed cruel, but...he was terrified. The Droidekas could vaporize him! Kettch was a doll, not a fighter pilot.

Fortunately, the crewman didn't take long, and Kettch ran through the kitchen, and slowly made his way back to Wes' quarters.

Kettch ran across the hall to the door, and pushed the button. The door didn't open. Kettch almost cried. So close! He punched the door, and tried to pry the door panel off.

Some footsteps interrupted him, and reluctantly, he returned to his hiding place. He was almost beyond caring if someone saw him.

The footsteps came, and stopped. Kettch risked a peek around the corner. It was a tall, dark human in a Lieutenant's uniform. He was standing at the enterance to Wes' door, and appeared to be debating with himself.

That's it, I give up. Kettch came out from behind the wall, and walked up to him. Maybe he can help me get in.

He came up directly behind him, and looked up at the tall human. Kettch barely came up to his waist. He cleared his throat, and the man jumped. "Who's there?" He said, turning around and slapping his empty holster.

He looked up and down the hall, but didn't see anyone. Shaking his head, and he turned back to Wes' door.

Kettch walked over to the wall, and tried to examine closer what he was doing. He couldn't see the panel, but he did see his nametag. It said that his name was Kell Tainer. Well, Wes, it seems I just met the guy who's father you killed. Maybe I could get him to blow up the Droidekas. The idea definetly had it's appeal.

Kell pried the panel off the wall, and began re-wiring it. The door swished open, and Kettch almost screamed. The chair and half of the ladder was lying in his way. Kell frowned at it, and walked over to the desk, sidestepping the mess.

He'd had left the panel dangling from the wires, when he'd stepped into the room. Kettch debated whether or not to wait until he was gone, but saw the door to the 'fresher open. He ran across the mess on the floor, and hid in the small room.

Kell swung around quickly, and scanned the room. Kettch hadn't been very quiet, and had stepped on some of the medals.

Seeing that noone was there, Kell retured to the desk. "That lazy bum...maybe I'll blow up this desk," Kell mumbled. Kettch peaked around the corner, and saw that he was digging around in the desk. "Couldn't give me the codes before you left...I have to delay a mission because you couldn't- Ah, here it is." He was holding up a datapad.

"Hey Kell." A voice said from the hall. "You got 'em?" Kettch ducked back into the 'fresher station.

"Yeah. Take a look at this room, can you believe it?" Kell walked over the awards on the floor.

"You mean the mess, or all the commedations?" The voice said, dryly. Kettch peaked around the corner again, and saw a half-cyborg half-human standing at the doorway.

"Both. It looks like he was making a model with them-" Kell stopped talking, and looked up. "Ton, does your room have a vent cover for the ventilation system?"

"You mean a special kind?"

"No, I mean any cover at all. This room doesn't have one."

Ton stepped into the room and glanced up. "You're right. Care to report it?"

Kell shook his head. "We're not supposed to be in here. I'll let you report it."

Ton frowned. "I don't think either of us will have too." He pointed at the bed. "There's the vent."

"I don't get it." Kell

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post Darth DVD! I mean... uh... I'm lost... Great post!

[This message has been edited by Jaya Solo (edited 06-07-2000).]

12. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    i did not right that.. sorry but im not that good at righting

13. A.C. Crispix

May 1, 2000
    Ouch, so this is what happens when I don't post here and at NN. Write is spelled with a 'W', DVD.

Kettch snickered. "Poor Wes, Kell and Ton are never going to forget this." He kicked a medal against a wall. "I suppose I can just leave the vent under the door. Make it look like it fell off."

The doll walked over to the desk, and pulled out a drawer. He dumped the contents into another drawer, then took it over to the mess of commedations. As he cleaned them up, he wondered how long he'd been away. There wasn't a chrono in the room, so Kettch took a break and turned on the comm system he'd rigged.

"CASTIN! SITHSPIT! THAT'S MY SHIP YOU'RE SHOOTING AT!" Kettch quickly turned it down, and listened carefully to what was going on.

"Sorry!" a young male voice said.

"I'm dead, kid, sorry doesn't cut it!" the first voice, older, sounded very angry, and a touch amused.

"I thought you were one of the Imperials- it won't happen again."

"Look kid, our TIEs are painted bright, pretty colors. HOW DID YOU FESTERING MANAGE TO SHOOT ME DOWN, INSTEAD OF ONE OF THEM?!"

Kettch listened to the exchange, puzzled. He could hear Castin's labored breathing.

"Because you didn't update the friendly's color schemes in the sim!"

Kettch laughed. He'd actually been worried for a second. He quickly changed the channel on the comm, and listened to two crewmen exchange insults. Tired, he switched the comm off, and dug through some drawers, looking for a chrono. Once he found it, he saw that he'd only been gone 3 hours.

"Seemed more like days." Kettch walked back over to his mess, and tossed some more of the commendations in the drawer. He took the make-shift ladder and broke it across the chair, then took it apart, separating each award. The glue he had used was clear, and when he was finished, he couldn't tell the difference between those from the ladder, and those he'd taken apart earlier.

That finished, he put the drawer back in the desk, and pushed the chair back over to the desk. He picked up the vent and put it under the door. He then fixed the bed, plumping up the one pillow.

He lifted the cot, and looked longingly at the box. His bed. Kettch gave a little moan, and stepped into it. He then folded himself up, and breathed out all the air he had inside him. Gently, he let the cot down.

Sya entered his mind, unbidded. He tried to shove the image of the lone little cube sitting on a floor in a dark room away, but it was the truth. And truth never goes away.

Kettch was frightened. Terrified, even, of the Droidekas. And tall stacks of boxes. He never wanted to see 2 boxes stacked one on top of the other again.

Frowning, Kettch shifted his right arm. So Kell and Ton were going on a mission. Without Antilles' permission or signature. First time for everything...

Kettch almost laughed at the memory of Antilles. He'd actually wanted to be his toy! As if a grown man would play with him, talk to him, be his friend.

Like Wes was. Or is, depending on whether or not he'd ever come back. If Wes did come back, would he still want to talk to Kettch? Maybe he'd forgotten all about him. Or, maybe he'd grown up.

The thought horrified Kettch. If Wes had grown up, then what would happen to him? Did Wes know a little boy or girl he'd give his Ewok doll too? Maybe he wouldn't give him away, maybe he'd just keep him under his bed forever, and ever, and ever.

Kettch squinted his eyes, trying to make tears flow. But he was just a doll, and dolls don't cry. Antilles was Wes' superior, and they spent a lot of time together. Maybe Antilles would be a 'good' influence on Wes, and he would grow up. And all that stuff might happen!

Despair filled him. He didn't want to be with little kids, he didn't want to be under Wes bed. He wanted to be with Wes. And if he couldn't be with Wes, then he shouldn't be under his bed, or with anyone else.

14. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Agh, what's happening with this thread?

I apologize for not making the daily requisite beg post, really I do. Real life gets in the way sometimes.

15. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Wes grow up? Hahaha! Like that'll happen! Great post.

16. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    um i cant spell when im rushed....

DarthDVD!!!

17. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    um like up...
    DarthDVD!!!

18. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    ((i did not right any of the above butt it can be found hear http://www.nightly.net/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000309-2.html http://www.nightly.net/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000309-2.html ))

[This message has been edited by DarthDVD!!!! (edited 06-17-2000).]

19. A.C. Crispix

May 1, 2000
    Kettch wasn't too pleased with his decision to abandon Sya, and after a lot of thought had decided to help the annoying little thing blow up the Droidekas. He wasn't going to run around avoiding the giant droids, but he figured that he could probably leave a note or something for Kell to find, then he could blow them up.

But Kettch knew there was little chance that would succeed, so he'd decided to see if he could borrow one of the TIE fighters.

And that's what he was doing in the crowded, noisy hangar. Kell and Ton had gotten back from their first mission two days ago, and had met with such little resistance that they had decided to go back, and blow some more stuff up. Castin had conviced Kell to put him on the ground first, and they were prepping a small cruiser to take him down to Halmad.

Kettch watched as Kell ran around shouting orders, oblivious to the fact that everything was ready to go.

Kettch had 'slept' for most of the two days, but once he'd woke up, a lot of thinking had been done. Sya's 23 hours were up, and for all Kettch knew, the Droidekas could be lying dead in the halls.

Kettch shook his head. No chance of that happening.

They were almost ready to go, when Castin walked over to Kell and began a wild pantomine with his hands. Kell was nodding and shaking his head, but a second later he was yelling at the top of his lungs. His voice was too muffled for Kettch to make out, but Ton ran over to him and interrupted him. Kell calmed down immediately, and ran off with Ton in the direction of the control center. Castin stood near the ship looking rather disapointed.

Kettch crawled under a table, and looked around for a blaster or something to fight with. He'd considered going to the weapon's locker, but it was in a high-traffic area.

Castin walked over to Kettch's location, mumbling. "Stupid Antilles, I could've got this done..."

Kettch saw that he was wearing a blaster. Kettch had been looking for a weapon for over an hour, so he decided to risk taking it. Slowly, he crawled over to Castin's position by the table, and carefully removed the holster from the belt.

Castin jumped up, and Kettch abruptly dropped the blaster. Castin leaned down to pick up his weapon, frowning, then noticed Kettch.

"What are you doing down here?" He reached over and grabbed Kettch's ear and hauled him out. Castin looked over the doll, frowning at the empty patches of fur on the doll. He ran his hand over the doll's arm and leg. "Huh. If I had time, I might-"

"Castin!" a voice called from the other end of the bay. "Change of plans, we drop you tomorrow!"

"What? Why? How come?" Castin dropped Kettch and walked toward the speaker.

"Antilles contacted Tainer. We don't want to give the Halmad people any chances to trace the message back to us then see a ship come out of the asteroid belt they traced it to."

"Yeah, that makes sense. So how long do we wait?" Castin rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Aw, twenty hours. You ready to go?"

"Yes." Castin patted a bag slung across his right shoulder. "I'm ready."

"Good. Why don't you get some TIE sim time in? I heard you shot Cubber down."

Castin laughed. "It wasn't very hard."

The person laughed, then turned to go. "Oh, one other thing."

Castin took a step towards Kettch. "Yes?"

"Do you have the codes for the entertainment programs? I know we're only supposed to get one a day, but-"

"You go through them pretty fast." Castin sighed. "Antilles changes them every week."

"So you don't?" The voice said dourly.

"I didn't say that. I'll get it done before I leave." Castin turned away from him, and came towards Kettch.

"Thanks, Donn." The other man walked away

Castin bent over and picked up Kettch. "Well, it looks like I do have time to fix you up."

A few hours later, Kettch sat on Castin's bed looking like a new doll. Castin had found some fur and dyed it the proper color. He'd cleaned up the burned parts of Kettch's body, and given him a thorough washing to rid him of the burned hair smell.

Castin had talked the whole time. He'd talked about his parents, both Imperial loyalis

20. A.C. Crispix

May 1, 2000
    *laughs*

Didn't see your post, Darth.

21. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    thats ok....

22. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Very good! (I'll be gone for a week in case you miss my posting.) Keep up the story so I'll have something to read when I get back!

23. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    It wasn't as dark down there, and after a quick look around, Kettch trotted off towards the storage room. A few minutes passed, with nothing changing. Except for the boxes. There was a small one, then a larger one, then an even bigger one.
    Kettch got to the storage closet, and began looking around for the cables. There was a very large roll of them in a corner, but nothing to cut it with. Kettch sighed, and
    looked around for a sharp object. He spotted a torch, and smiled.

Kettch unrolled 4 yards of the stuff, and found a rubber coat to put over himself so the sparks wouldn't ignite his fur.

After cutting it, he put the torch inside his vest, thinking that he might be able to use it again. He rolled up cable he was going to use, and hoisted it onto his shoulder. He
    guessed that it weighed about fourty pounds. Kettch struggled to keep it on his shoulder, but it fell off and hit the floor with a loud thunk.

"Sithspit!" Kettch whispered angrily. Sya had said that the Droidekas were right under him, and he did not want to grab their attention too soon.

Well, that did it for the carrying idea. Kettch again surveyed the room, and found a cart with a handle above his head and wheels. Fairly old, it would do. Kettch pushed it
    over to the cords, and carefully plopped them down onto it.

He began pushing the cart out of the storage room, and gradually gained speed. He grasped the bar above his head, and picked his feet up off the floor. It was exhilerating!

It slowed down, and Kettch began running to speed it up again. He once more jumped onto it, this time keeping an eye out for the ladder. He saw it, and didn't try to speed up again when the cart began to slow down.

Then he faced a new problem. How would he get it up there?

If you guys notice any glaring spelling errors, it's cuz I type the story up on an older computer, with a defective keyboard that doesn't like to use the 'n' key, unless it's pounded really hard.

not bi DarthDVD!!!

24. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    Kettch sighed, then grabbed one end of the cable and tied it around his waist. He began climbing up the ladder, with the cable dangling under him.
    Before long, he held the full weight of the cable on the lower half of his body. His legs barely worked, and he was pulling himself up with only his legs. There were twenty more rungs to go, and he doubted if he would make it or not.

Suddenly, the ladder began moving up. Kettch risked a look down, and saw the trap door below him snap open. Once he was at the next level, the ladder stopped.

Kettch climbed off of it, and was nearly pulled back down from the weight of the cable. He grasped the ladder with his hands and used his legs to put the ladder between himself and the hole.

"I assume you did that," he said as he pulled the cable up.

"You assume correctly. My, you got here much faster than I thought you would," Sya said.

"I found a cart." Kettch pulled up the last of the cable, and looked around. "I got the cable, now where's the first panel?"

"It's towards that door you went through before." Kettch found it, and attached the end he had not cut to an exchange conduit he found there.

"Is there anything I need to rewire-"

"Yes. Find the red wire on the circut panel in there and remove it." Kettch did it, the Sya continued. "You need to pull once side of the green wire out of the panel now, and
    attach that to the red wire."

"What does the red wire go to?" Kettch asked.

"Attach it to the same one the black wire is on."

"Got it. Now how 'bout the other one?"

"The Wraiths' conduit is located on the wall to your left."

Kettch dragged the other end of the cable over to the wall, and found the panel. Kettch looked at the cable sorrowfully. "I didn't have to bring all this. I only need 7 feet of it."

"Better safe than sorry," Sya said. "Do you have a welding torch?"

"Yes, it's right here." Kettch pulled it out of his vest.

"Good. Can you find the power conduit?"

Kettch looked around inside the panel. There was a small square box lying flat on the bottom of it. He took it off and found the conduit. "Got it. I'm just supposed to weld
    the cable onto it?"

"Yes, and-" Sya was interrupted by a loud crunching noise eminating from below them. "Hurry! The Droidekas are coming!"

Kettch frowned. "I thought we already decided that they can't climb ladders." An area of the floor near Sya began to glow, and a second later a laser beam cut through it.

"I think they just want to kill us!" Sya screamed.

Kettch raced over to Sya, picked it up, and ran back over to the conduit. The laser was cutting around the computer outlet Sya had been accessing, and a second later it dropped
    to the ground below them. The laser stopped for a second, then began randomly cutting through the floor beneath Kettch's feet.

"Kettch, attach the cable to the outlet!" Sya's black dot began to redden, and Kettch quickly did as he was told.

"Done! Can you-"

"Yes!" Kettch put Sya up to it, and Sya's laser began to melt the cable onto the conduit.

"Is that it?" Kettch asked when Sya was done.

"No; go back to the Droidekas end." Kettch struggled to get over there without getting burned.

"I'm here, now what? There's nothing in here you can-"

"The black wire, take it off!"

"That's it?" Kettch yelled. He grabbed the wire and ripped it off, and a shower of sparks came from the Wraiths' conduit. "Sya, are both the Droidekas down there?"

"No, give the amount of laser fire, I believe there is only one."

Kettch sighed. "Good!" He pulled out the cloth he'd stuck in his vest, and tied it around his head and one arm. He put Sya in it behind him, and was pleased that it was tight enough that Sya wouldn't fall out, but loose enough that it wasn't pressing against him. "Hold on...if you can!"

Then Kettch ran to where the empty part of the floor where the computer conduit used to be, and jumped.

Not bi DarthDVD!!!

25. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    The Droideka designated B-3403 cut through the ceiling above it in an attempt to destroy the unknown intruder. A computer trace had shown that the mainframe was being accessed from a outlet above the main floor; a floor inaccessable to the Droidekas.
    B-3403 systematically cut the ceiling to pieces with it's lasers, and scanned the falling debris for any sign of the intruder. B-3403 had downloaded all information available on the intruder, but little of it had been useful. Droideka
    B-2219 had logged a report of a fallen object and an open door, and B-3403 had concluded that the intruder was to blame.

34.3 seconds after B-3403 began cutting, an object that was not part of the ceiling fell. A shrill noise cut through the air, and B-3403 turned it's blasters toward it. Before the object hit the ground, B-3403 opened fire. None of it's shots hit the intruder. The intruder rolled as soon as it
    hit the ground, then jumped down the hatch to level 4.

B-3403 stopped firing, and quickly got over to the hatch. It aimed it's blaster cannons down and fired off several shots in rapid succession. It then stopped, and began
    scanning the area for life signs.

"Nya! Nya! Didn't get me! Why don't you come down here and fight like a real droid?" A voice spoke. B-3403 recorded it, and sent the voice file to the main computer to search
    for a match in the Imperial Intelligence Database. B-3403 recognized the voice as a taunt, and considered it's options.

Droideka B-3844 was still recharging, however it's power level was sufficient to destroy the intruder. B-3403 communicated with B-3844, and informed it of the current
    situation. B-3403 acknowledged, and recommeded that B-3844 lock down the computer in an attempt to stop any further
    hacking.

B-3403 reviewed all the information on the intruder. He, or it, had shown impressive slicing skills. It seemed unlikely that the intruder would try to shut down the Droidekas without the help of the base computer. It was likely that the intruder was organic, and if that was the case, then it was reasonable to assume it needed the life-support systems.

B-3403 replied in the affirmative to B-3844.

The computer would be shut down.

not Bi DarthDVD!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.