main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The adventures of Lieutenant Kettch

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lost in Coruscant, Dec 30, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.C. Crispix

A.C. Crispix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2000
    No, I haven't forgotten you guys...
    But I will let tell you something...

Kettch is almost done.

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great posts! I can't wait to read more of it after the new board is up. It's almost done? Aw. Well, post as soon as you can.

3. DarthDVD!!!!

DarthDVD!!!! Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2000
    Kettch raced through the halls, keeping away from the droid's power room they recharged at. "Sya! Can you
    pick up comm signals?"

"Yes." Sya began chirping. "Anything specific?"

Kettch gave Sya a number, and a moment later Sya found the transmission. "What should I do with it?"

"Wait, just wait," Kettch replied.

B-3844 stomped through the halls in search of the intruder. 3844 had at 3403's last known position of the
    intruder, and was now headed towards the rim of the base, following the likely route of the trespasser.

The likelyhood was confirmed when 3844 picked up voices farther up the corridor. It picked up it's pace, and
    charged it's blasters.

The voices continued despite the noise, and B-3844 recorded and logged them. There were two intruders, not
    just one as was originally suspected.

They headed towards the outer hangar, and B-3844 called up the schematics of the station. The hangar was
    not in operation because of an act of terrorism on the part of the keeper 30 years ago.

The intruder was trapped. 3844 called up it's diplomacy programming, and quickly drafted a surrender request.

Suddenly, the door opened, and the vacuum sucked all the air out of the hall. The Droideka braced it's metallic
    arms against the sides of the hall to prevent from being sucked out. Behind it, a blast door closed to prevent
    the entire station from being subject to vacuum.

3403 sent confirmation a moment later that the main computer had been shut down, and informed 3844 that it
    was headed in it's direction, and would be there shortly. Now that the computer was down, there was no
    reason to hesitate in blowing up walls. Previously, they wouldn't for fear of destroying some delicate circutry.

The air was gone. 3844 tested the gravity, and discovered that with the computer down, artifical gravity was
    gone. 3844 activated it's claws, and it's 6 'legs' sprouted long claws. They dug into the metal beneath them,
    and the Droideka resumed it's hunt for the intruder.

Once it got into the hangar, it began a full scan for any life-form, no matter how small. The hangar was large,
    500 meters by 300. Some containers floated around, but mostly debris from ships and the station itself
    floated. Several corpses were near the right wall. Frozen solid by the coldness of space.

The Droideka's sensors picked up a sound near the gaping hole in the ceiling, and quickly pointed it's blasters
    up there. A blaster shot hit it from behind, and a blaster cannon was knocked out. B-3844 swung around and
    fired several shots.

The intruder had escaped the Droideka, undetected. It began scanning the room for any anomalies,
    considering the possibility that there was some kind of metal that would
    interfere with it's scanners.

Without warning, it opened fire on a small figure sitting on a piece of floating debris. 3844 walked over to it,
    and examined what was left. There was nothing in the remains to indicate any life.

It quickly stalked over to the enterance to the hangar, intending to destroy the intruder by firing in a specific
    pattern throughout the hangar.

When it reached the door, a swift rush of air blew past it, and B-3403 jumped down into the hall.

B-3844 briefed 3403 on it's plans. 3403 agreed, and inquired as to 3844's power levels. 3844 checked, and
    discovered that they were dangerously low. It ran a quick simulation t

4. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Ohhh..............man......

I can't really figure this board out....DVD, congrats, you get to post....

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    This board is weird. I'll get used to it eventually. Great post.

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
  7. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    The remaining Droideka began scanning the surrounding area for life signs. It didn't pick any up, however there was a faint energy signature not very far away from it's location. With the area exposed to vacuum, it was a reasonable assumption that the intruder had some kind of life support system. B-3844 headed off in it's direction.

Runt picked up a weight and held it above his head for a second. A nervous crewman stood nearby, with several of his friends standing nearby shouting encouragement.
    "You are ready?" Runt said in a calm, deep voice.

The young human swallowed hard, then nodded.

Runt smiled slowly, then muttered some words in his own language. Cubber stood near them with a large plate, and with great ceremony, walked over to Runt with it. Runt, with the weights still above his head, grasped the plate with one hand.

"Today-" he began, but was interrupted when the lights flickered, then went out. Cubber swore and grabbed his commlink, and a half second later it beeped.

"Cubber! We've got a power surge in section 4!" someone said.

Cubber dropped the plate and ran towards the door. "Sithspawn. Runt, if you've got nothing better to do-"

"We will help in any way we can," Runt said.

Cubber rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Cubber raced through the halls to the Hawk-Bats main control room. Lights were blinking on and off, and a shower of sparks rained down from the ceiling. "How did this happen?" he asked his assistant.

"We don't know! We read a power spike in the energy matrix. We've traced it back to section 4, but there's nothing there to cause this!"

"Find out!" Cubber took a look at the power readings. "Oh my-"

Runt walked over to Cubber and took a look over his shoulder. "Those power levels are higher than normal."

Cubber snorted. "Who are you now? The Runt who points out the obvious? Yes, they are high, but we don't know where the power is coming from!"

Runt walked over to a map of the base. "Below us."

"There's nothing under there except some old storage rooms and stuff left over from the Tonheld base." Cubber dismissed it with a wave of his hand.

"Perhaps it would be wise to investigate now?" Runt suggested.

"Yeah, but who am I going to send? I need my people to work on locking it down and placing the power in the spare batteries we had lying around." Cubber shouted some orders to a mechanic. "If Kell and Ton weren't gone, I'd probably be able rig up some kind of energy transfer between the station and a TIE, and they could bleed off the spare energy into the asteroid."

"Can you do that with the Sungrass?" Runt asked.

Cubber frowned. "No, the Sungrass is an old Xiytiar-class transport."

Runt pulled up a schematic of the station on the computer in front of them. "There is an access tunnel to section 4 near the galley."

Cubber frowned. "Yeah, but it's straight down."

"Do you have another idea?"

Cubber shook his head. "No." He waved his right hand at a young man. "You go find out what's causing this, take the kid with you. I'll try to bleed some of this out a window or something."

Runt nodded, and ran out, grabbing a tool kit on his way. The young man trotted after him, eager to help.

"Someone give me a scan of that area down there, I wanna know everything!" Cubber said as he thrust a comm into his pocket.

Runt shot down the ladder, followed closely by the crewman. There was a little light from the glow-rods on the way down, but there was no warning when the floor suddenly appeared under his feet.
    He tightened his grip on the ladder, and immediately slowed. Runt stepped away from the ladder, and the crewman, called Amei, landed in a heap on the ground.

"Ouch!" He grabbed his knee with his gloved hands and tried to stand. "Sorry, sir-"

"No matter." Runt grabbed vibro-blade from his belt, and shined the glow-rod around the small room. "Do you see a way out of here?"

Amei grasped his own glow-rod and shined it over a portion of the wall. "There, I think."

Runt walked over to it and pressed his hand against it. The door swished open

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Great! But I'm confused to who Runt and Cubber are. Maybe I'm just reading too many stories.

9. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    there from the star wars novals

(i cant spell to save my life)

10. DarthDVD!!!!

Feb 16, 2000
    Kettch pulled himself along a rope towards the remains of a ship. The Droideka was still at the doorway, but it hadn't fired a shot.
    He grabbed the underside of a table, and pulled himself under it. The air was very cold, and the tips of Kettch's fur had frozen, making him look very silverish. He couldn't hear a sound in the stillness, but a vibration could be felt on the ground. Once he was under the table, he let go of it, and reached into the makeshift bag on his back and pulled out Sya.

He pointed the box at the Droideka, then pounded it against the metal floor. Sya lit up, and Kettch looked up to see that the Droideka had not noticed the vibration.

Kettch grasped a thin cord floating near him, and began reeling it in. Sya floated nearby him, it's light blinking.

The Droideka began moving slowly towards Kettch, manuverating with thrusters on it's back. It's head swivelled left and right, searching for it's target.

The lights in the hangar blinked on and off, then the Droideka abruptly turned around and left the room. Kettch remained still for a few minutes, then stuffed Sya back into his makeshift sack.

He pulled himself along the rope he had, and slowly made his way back to the door. Kettch knew he couldn't stay in the hangar for long, and there was no where else to go. He'd
    almost made it back, when a vibration began rocking the ground beneath him. He glanced up at the hangar door, and saw that the Droideka had returned, and was preparing to
    fire on him.

Without a second thought, Kettch let go of the rope and pushed himself off the hangar floor and flew back towards the burned out ship. The Droideka fired a few shots at him,
    but all of them missed.

Once Kettch reached the ship, he began dragging himself along the hull, looking for a hiding place. The Droideka began following him, latching onto the floor with it's heavy
    claws. It stopped firing, but was definetly catching up to Kettch.

He had made it around half the ship, and the other half was buried in rubble. It was impossible to go back or down, so Kettch turned his attention upwards. The opening in the ceiling showed a fantastic view of the asteroids and some stars. Kettch looked around furiously for some kind of rope, and instantly regretted letting go of the one he had had.

The Droideka reached the ship, and began shaking it. Kettch's grip loosened, and he let go. He floated in the air for a moment, then grabbed the ship again and pushed himself upwards.

The Droideka picked off a few shots up at him, but abruptly stopped firing and let Kettch fly through the opening. Kettch risked a glance down, and saw that the Droideka had shut down, it's blasters still pointing up at him. It gradually broke free from the floor, and began bouncing along the walls.

Kettch returned his attention upwards, searching for something to grab. He was free of the cavern now, heading upwards out of what looked like a small canyon. Pulling out
    Sya was an effort in the zero-g, but once he got it out, things began looking up.

Sya's black spot lit up, and Kettch quickly pointed it away from him. The laser reached far, but not far enough to hit the asteroid walls. Kettch shook Sya, but the laser did not go out. Whatever the stupid little cube was planning, it would stay locked up in that artificial mind until they got to someplace with air.

Kettch pointed Sya up, hoping that the laser would attract some attention. But Sya turned off the laser when it was like that. Kettch shook the box again, then pointed it down, careful to keep his limbs out of it's line of sight.

The laser cut through the rock below them, and Sya began pushing Kettch up away froom the asteroid. Kettch shook Sya. They needed to go back to the asteroid, not farther away!

Sya turned of it's laser, and Kettch floated farther away from the base. He twisted and turned, trying to see where he was going. Far away, he could see a distant gleam of
    light, and saw that it was coming closer. A second one popped up next to it. Kettch floated out of the canyon and into open space.

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    That was a great story! Gonna write another? :)

12. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    What's this doing on PAGE 23!?!

13. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    up we go to the top. :D :D :D

14. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    oh, oh, we need to get back to the top again. Looking for Lost in Coruscant. Where are you?

15. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    I'm here, I'm working on something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.