main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi: An Alternative Sequal

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Old Juan, Nov 13, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    CHAPTER II
    IT HAS BEEN SEVEN YEARS SINCE OBI-WAN KENOBI PASSED HIS TRIALS AND BECAME A JEDI KNIGHT. AS THE REPUBLIC CONTINUES TO FALL INTO DARKNESS, THE MYSTERY OF THE PHANTOM MENANCE CONTINUES TO ELUDE THE JEDI. OBI-WAN IS NOW RELENTLESS IN HIS SEARCH FOR THE ANSWERS, THE ANSWERS THAT WILL EITHER SAVE THEM OR BRING ABOUT THEIR DEMISE.

Obi-Wan Kenobi had recently returned from another dead end. He had searched long and hard for many years. But it seemed as if those years were worthless now. The how's, where's, and why's were staring at him from afar. They taunted him. Made him feel misserable. They laughed and danced about as Obi-Wan was stuck in the middle with nothing but a look of confusion on his face. He felt an emptiness, it was unlike anything he had ever felt before. In most cases knowing the identity of the high ranking conspirator ment the end of the investigation. In Obi-Wan's case it only signaled the begining of the long played out cat and mouse game. The Sith were the clever mice that any normal cat would have given up on long ago. But Obi-Wan wasn't a normal cat. His iron will had only made him grow stronger in the force. It had also caused a strikingly nasty streak of frustration bouts and a stubborness that had matched that of Qui-Gon and Yoda. Now 35 years of age he thought he was having a midlife crisis. When he had spoke Yoda regarding this the Ancient Jedi Master only laughed at him. Obi-Wan in turn understood, even though he didn't appreciate Yoda's lack of sympathy. Being as old as Yoda was meant he knew nothing of midlife crisis. Although the last few years held some relatively small accomplishments. Yoda and Mace had taken Obi-
    Wan's advice to heart. As more and more skirmashes continued to break out and spread across the republic, the need for the Jedi Knights being adapt to force combat increased. The training at the temple regressed to the older system that had put more emphisis on self defense and fighting systems rather than diplomatic and negotiation. Yoda had stepped down from the Jedi Council and joined Obi-Wan in the investigation of the Sith. While Obi-Wan had been focussing on finding the ultimate master of the operation Yoda had been attempting to weed out the traitorus Jedi who was still amongst them.

"Find nothing you did" Yoda spoke with a tone of both disappointment and weariness.

"I'm affaid not my master. The planet of Frouiyem held nothing. As usual I followed the force signature courtesy of Darth Maul.." Obi-Wan was interupted when Yoda placed his hand in front of him.

"No more signatures you follow. Fell into a pattern you did. Your importance the Sith are aware of. They mean only to were you down with this game" Yoda finished. At that very moment Obi-Wan became embarrassed. It was obvious to him now but he was completely blind to it before. A few years ago the Sith had left him a warning. A warning that stated they hadn't forgotton about him. This long and stretched out game of cat and mouse was a delivery of that promise. It was meant to tire and war himself down to the put of vulnerability and that's when that Sith would strike.

"I am a fool. Such and obvious ploy and I walked right into it" Obi-Wan sighed as he lowered his head. Yoda smiled at him.

"Weary time for us all it is. Learn from your mistakes you must. We must be patient" Yoda hoped to bring some comfort and relief to his former apprentice. Obi-Wan knew Yoda's wisdom was true. They would have to be patient and wait. It was rare occasion when he suddenly looked forward to waiting. Obi-Wan was a man of action. For that kind of a man waiting is the antithesis to who they are. Obi-Wan needed rest. He knew it. Yoda knew it as well.

"Thank you my master. I could use the rest anyway. While I'm here I can assit you in finding our traitorus brethen. Who knows perhaps if we wait long enough we can force the Sith to play their next hand earlier then they would like" Obi-Wan finished with a devilish grin to the little green knome. Yoda returned the smile and added..

"Exactly"

TO BE CONTINUED

2. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    YIPPY MORE STORY!! I'm so Glad! I missed your writing!!
    Keep Going I'm hanging on your every word.

[This message has been edited by Master Peael (edited 11-13-1999).]

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Yeah! More story! Yeah! Yeah!

Trika Adair

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Another story! Keep posting it.

5. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    I really like the new part of the story. It sounds really good so far. I would love to read more soon.

6. Tash the Jedi

Tash the Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1999
    Great story (so far)! Write more! Could you look at mine, the forgotten past, please?

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

7. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Finally!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    It had been two days since Obi-Wan's return. He had taken the time to properly cleanse both body and soul from the rigorous outings he had been having. He was now in the Temple food court enjoying a midday meal. He loved the cheifs food. It seemed to give him new found energy. A much needed boost to say the least. This time however the meal meant much more because it had been sometime since he last indulged in such tastiness. As he continued to savor his treat he felt a tremor in the force. A very strong tremor that pulled his attention from his food to the entryway into the food court. It was Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan's jaw almost dropped at the sight of the boy's stature. It had been quite sometime since he'd last seen Anakin but in that time he'd grown tall. His hair was formed in the traditional human padawan style. Short on all sides with a long braid that extended down the left side. He wasn't alone either. Queen Amidala was at his side. They were holding hands. Looking into each others eyes and smiling. They were lost in each others presence. They were in love, Obi-Wan deduced. He wondered how master Mundi felt about that. Maybe he didn't know. Obi-Wan marveled at the Queen's beauty. She wore a cyan silk gown that flowed behind her like the wings of a dove. Her hair was cropped shorter then when he last saw but was still long enough to flow freely. Her skin appeared soft and smooth. She was truly a sight to be seen without all that formal makeup she had worn when on duty. It was just then Obi-Wan realized..he'd been drooling. Obi-Wan shook himself back into the world he lived in and chastined himself for such foolishness. Besides..they were approaching him.

"Hey Obi-Wan, would it be ok if we sat here" Anakin questioned the Jedi Knight with respect in his voice. Obi-Wan nodded and the two sat down.

"Your majesty" Obi-Wan greeted the Queen with a gental nod.

"Please call me Amidala. I would like to think we don't need titles of formalities between us anymore" Amidala smiled in return.

"Sure thing your maj...my apologies Amidala" Obi-Wan corrected himself. Obi-Wan was never the one for small talk. Most of the discussions he'd participated in were of a more serious nature. He was always used to using formal titles out of respect and dignity torwards the othey parties involved. She seemed genuine in her position. Obi-Wan figured she considered him a friend rather than an aquaintence. He wasn't used to such gestures. But he figured he would return her gesture.

"Please call me Ben" Obi-Wan returned. Anakin seemed anixious to join in on the conversation.

"Ben Kenobi...that sounds better then Obi-Wan Kenobi" Anakin commented. Obi-Wan could never understand what Anakin saw in him. During every encounter he seemed to look up to him, idolize him. He just didn't understand. It was strange considering he had held the boy in contempt in the begining.

"I like better as well. It makes you seem more gental rather then the tough and emotionless warrior that I met many years ago" Amidala added to elaborate on Anakin's statement.

"I know that we must seem uncaring at times but there's a very good reason. Emotions can cloud jugdement. There are times when a clear conscience is crucial when on the job. Not having your mind clear can be fatal in some cases. We don't mean to smother our emotions only control them" Obi-Wan corrected Amidala in hopes she would better understand why Jedi act the way they do at times.

"Where have you been all these years Ben?" Anakin curiously questioned the Jedi Knight. Anakin had always been fasicnated by way Obi-Wan worked. It seemed mysterious and clouded. More importantly...important. Eveybody had always told him he was special but he never felt anything but normal. But Obi-Wan always seemed important. As if he was carrying something more valuable then anything conceivable before his time.

"I've been investigating the reammergance of the Sith. The trails left have taken me far from here but unfortuately have yielded no possitive results. There is more going here then you know. Both the Senate a

9. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Very Nice.

P.S. Please don't shoot Jedi Windu.

10. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    But..but...my itchy trigger finger

11. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yay! More Trials/Adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi!

12. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    I love the story. This chapter is starting out great. I won't be able to sleep tonight until there is another post. I'll go without my beauty sleep. I am scary without my beauty sleep.

13. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Where are you Old Juan???????????

14. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    "Yes I am aware of their relationship" Jedi Knight and Anakin's Jedi Master Ki-Adi Mundi answered blankly to Obi-Wan's question. Obi-Wan felt somewhat odd speaking to Mundi uder these circumstances. Ki-Adi Mundi could feel it as well.

"You know Jedi Kenobi, you would do well to mind your own business. This is a matter in which it should be my padawan comming before me not you" Ki-Adi took to Kenobi to the point of rudness. Obi-Wan simply brushed it off and returned the elder Knight a stern gaze. He felt he was watching out for Anakin's interests. Qui-Gon would have wanted this he told himself.

"I mean no disrespect Master Mundi. But I feel that it is nessasary for me to confront you about this before the boy" Obi-Wan returned.

"Why is that Obi-Wan? Ever since I have taken Anakin under my wing, you have taken a very personal interest in being apart of it. You try to conseal your motives through small offerings. Now you come to me as a spy reporting something that I have been aware of for some time. If you want a padawan that badly, go before the coucil and ask for one. You seem eager enough to teach. But you are overstepping your boundries here Kenobi. Anakin is my padawan not yours" Ki-Adi finished with a flare in his eye. Obi-Wan was taken agast. He had never know this Jedi to act in such a mannor. Normally Ki-Adi Mundi was considered one of calmest Jedi there were. Always soft spoken and friendly. He had clearly offended the Jedi Knight. But Obi-Wan knew he had to be strong in his conviction.

"I am sorry you feel that way Master Mundi but I made Qui-Gon a promise. A promise that I would look after the chosen one. I may not be Anakin's Jedi Master but I will look out and fight for his best interests. It doesn't even matter that he neglected to talk you about it first. Just the way you reacted torwards myself shows that you would have treated the boy in the same mannor. Don't try to deny it, I can feel it within you. You don't agree with his relationship with the Queen" Obi-Wan retorted calmly. Ki-Adi seemed to calm. He was clearly mulling over Obi-Wan's words.

"Fair enough Kenobi. What do you have to say on the matter? Do you condone it?" The elder Jedi Knight questioned. Obi-Wan simply returned a smile..

"Yes I do. Years ago I probably would have agreed with you but I have changed. I have learned from my masters wisdom" Obi-Wan answered straight. Ki-Adi Mundi shot him a skeptical stare.

"Qui-Gon Jinn was a great Jedi but he relied too heavily on the Living Force. He was too emotional and it got him in trouble on more than one occasion" Ki-Adi scolded.

"Maybe so..but that was also his strength. We call ourselves the guardians of peace and justice yet we lack the emotional compassion for that job. Instead of discouraging only negative thoughts, feelings, and emotions we discourage having any at all. Anakin is no normal Jedi by any means. He wasn't brought up from birth to be one like us. He had a mother who loved and protected him. He needs that security. His relationship with the Queen won't hurt his Jedi training, to deny him that would though. He will need your support and blessing above all else" Obi-Wan finished. He looked at the elder Jedi who seemed lost in thought. Obi-Wan couldn't tell wether it was good or bad. Good in that he might have reached, bad in that he confused the force out of him.

"I will consider what you have said. If you could please vacate my quarters I need time for my meditation" Ki-Adi spoke in an almost scratchy voice. Obi-Wan bowed and turned around to leave. The doors to Ki-Adi's quarters opened and as Obi-Wan was on his way out.

"Obi-Wan" The voice carried to the door.

"Yes" Obi-Wan returned.

"May the force be with you" Ki-Adi answered.

TO BE CONTINUED

15. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    All right...so when's the next installment???!!! I love these threads...

Trika

16. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Excellant work, Old Juan. (I hope you will not shoot me.)

17. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    Tomarrow and I won't shoot you Jedi Windu

18. Kaea Lioren

Kaea Lioren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 1999
    Yes! Another Obi-Wan story! nice work Old Juan! I like the part in the beginning where you talk about the temple's return to fighting/self defense instead of the more modern negotiation/diplomacy stuff...very interesting concept there.

Do I sense another luuv triangle about to happen? Or how about a love interest for Obi, someone not the Queen?

19. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    I've been mulling over the idea of a romance for good ol' Ben Kenobi. I do feel doubtfull(but don't quote me on it)that I'll do the Ani/Ami/Obi triangle. It will most likely play out straight and Obi will have have a different love interest. But then again I could change my mind so we'll have to wait and see. Thats all for now.

20. Old Juan

Apr 1, 1999
    For many years he had come to this place. For many years he had felt alone there as well. Even when Qui-Gon was with him he felt alone and out of place. They were close. Like father and son. But because of the nature that the Jedi forced themselves to live by they were never as close as they could have been. This was something that had always bothered Obi-Wan Kenobi. For as much as he felt he knew his old master he realized that they knew very little of each other. A tragedy brought forth by the need to protect oneself from the full force of separation by death. The balcony was a place of peace, it symbolized the link between padawan and master. Over the many millenia that it existed, It brought padawan and master closer to each other. Many pairs had and would yet travel to this place to reflect. For each Jedi it meant something different. The universally accepted feeling torwards this place was greatness. The view alone was stunning all too itself without the extra deep layered meanings that a Jedi would feel as they tood there.

"Your living in the past. That can be unhealthy if you engage in it too much" Obi-Wan let the words of Mace Windu slip through his ears. Obi-Wan turned to see the tall dark skinned man approach him slowly. Mace moved with grace and style. He stood tall and proud. He was one of the most revered of the Jedi. His wisdom and strength said to be second only to Yoda. But for as much glory as was usually handed down to him, Mace was humble man. He put others before himself. He never spoke out of turn and he listened to what others had to say.

"I am aware Master, I like to give myself a few days every once in awhile to remember. I find it's important to remember where you came from" Obi-Wan returned with a warm smile and a bow in respect to the Master Jedi. Mace Windu returned the smile and proceeded torwards Obi-Wan.

"I apologize for having disturbed you but a matter of the utmost importance has come up unexpectedly" Mace trailed off.

"What is it?" Obi-Wan returned. He was curious about what happened. It was clear that the Jedi Master was tense about whatever the situation may be. Mace had faced numerous perils in his lifetime that many wondered if he indeed worried about anything anymore. If Mace Windu was worried than the situation must be serious.

"We have just received a message from Ulvacron 5. It's a planet in the midrim territories. They are apart of the republic, a valued member as well. The problem came to us about a week ago. There had been some unexplainable murders taking place. The purpetrator was obviously skilled as no reliable evidence was left behind. The victim s suffered mortal wounds from a blaster of some kind. We sent Jedi Knight Bastion McGavvin to investigate.." Mace Windu was cut off..

"I know Bastion. He was Qui-Gon's first padawan learner. He's a good man" Obi-Wan finished.

"He's also a dead one. His body was found on a beach with the same kind of wounds as the other victims except this time the asassin left an extra mark. On his right cheek there is a semi-circle imprinted in it" Mace said in a solumn tone. With this news Obi-Wan went numb. He knew Bastion well. For years when he had become frustrated with Qui-Gon he would go to Bastion seeking advice on dealing with his master. The two had become fast friends. They had become brothers. It had been awhile since Obi-Wan had last seen him but he had fond memories. A sudden sadness washed over him. To lose such a powerfull Jedi and friend was always hard. But this time it was personal. Obi-Wan knew who the killer was. Then and there Obi-Wan made a silent promise that the the one who was responsible would be made to pay. Mace Windu could immediately pick up on Obi-Wan's anger and grief. Even though Mace Windu could have chided Obi-Wan for his aggressive feelings he decided not to. He felt much the same as Obi-Wan did. Bastion had been a close friend of his for many years as well and it hurt him all the same.

"Do you know who the killer is?" Mace proceeded to question Kenobi. Obi-Wan in turn looked up in Mace's dark brown

21. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Cool, plot twist.

22. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Awesome plot twist. Now I am all excited for the next post. I can't wait. AAAHHH!!!

23. Misty the Pokemon trainer

Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Interesting what turns this story is taking... Looking forward to your next post!

24. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    He's back! He's back!

25. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Please Post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.