The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

I tried that last night with the Incredibles. "Where ElatisGirl?" "Watch and find out."
    "Where Elatis Girl?" "Where do you think she is?" "Where Elatis Girl, Mommy?"

"Argh!!!"

Repeat ad nauseum. :rolleyes:

I dozed through the movie, so it wasn't all bad.

This morning she came out of the bathroom, and I noticed right off the bat that her hands were wet. The quickest way to find out what your toddlers hands have been into is to do the sniff test. The sniff test was positive for PEE. Ewww. So, I washed her hands and asked her how her hands got wet. She said, "I put lil potty in big potty." :eek:

She was trying to help me and had poured the stuff from her little potty into the big one. She barely spilled any! I was so proud. [face_love]
  2. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    After supper tonight, my mom was talking to me about our puppy Maggie. She said, "Do you feel up to a w...a...l...k?" Before I could answer, JBean jumped up and said, "I get my princess shoes on, we walk to MahMaw and Daddad's and see Buddy and Suzie."

:eek: wahwahwhat?! My mom thinks she figured out what we were talking about via context, but seriously...there was no context. It was, Do you feel you to a w...a...l...k?

Then when we were reading stories tonight, she knew which page we were on and sometimes which sentence (she points her finger at the words). I think she is ripe for preschool.

We practice colors every day. If I ask her to touch the green block, or red block she does with no mistakes. If I point to the block and ask what color it is, she always says purple. :rolleyes:

I heard her count to thirteen today while she didnt think I was listening. But I believe that is merely a repetition for her. If I ask her to count the cookies or count the dinosaurs she always says, "1, 2, 3!" even if there are more or less. :p

Anyway, I feel a bit of trepidation about school period, but she really needs peer interaction. Of late when we watch a show or read a book with a child in it, she asks to, "go there and play with kids," and it literally breaks my heart. I am looking at a few different preschools, all private.

Two are Christian preschools (don't start, they are christian-lite :p) and one is a montesorri preschool. All are pricey, but my mom really needs a break and my schedule next semester is going to be rough. Tuesday and Thursdays I will be gone for twelve hours. If Bean spends six at school and six with Mimi, maybe MiMi will survive til the Spring. [face_worried]

Her favorite movie this week is the Sound of Music. She keeps asking me to take her to Austria. Of course, she doesnt say Austria, she says, "mommy, we maybe go there?" and I say, "Bean, Maria and the children live in Austria which is a country very very far away...it is across the big ocean!"

After the second or third time we had this conversation she told me, "We prolly have to take an airpane or a boat to get there?"

:eek:

She is very smart and very serious about a great many things. But she is also a typical toddler. She loves to climb on my back while I type on the computer (she isnt now, she is asleep). She loves to help me water the gardens. She has two small watering cans, and she takes this task very seriously. She likes to help me put clean sheets on the bed and to crush the plastic recyclables by stomping on them. She is a beautiful child, and is growing up very quickly.
  3. Cyra_Secura Jedi Knight

star 1
    THATS WONDERFUL! THEY DO GROW UP SO QUICK AND AMAZE US DAILY.

I KNOW YOU ARE LOOKING INTO PRIVATE PRESCHOOLS, BUT YOU MIGHT LOOK INTO HEADSTART. BUT I THINK SHE IS STILL TOO YOUNG. THEY TAKE THEM WHEN THEY ARE THREE. SYD WENT TWO YEARS AND LOVED IT. WERE PRAYING DELILAH GETS IN BUT WE WERE SLIGHTLY OVER THE INCOME LIMIT, :rolleyes:, BUT MIGHT STILL HAVE A CHANCE [face_praying] . JUST A THOUGHT. SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS A LEARNING SPONGE!

TASHA :) XOXO
  4. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was in head start when i was little and I loved it too. :)

I will probably keep it open as an option, but I am not sure she would qualify either. I qualified as a child because I had some developmental problems.

She is very excited to see Auntie Pim and Uncle Jeff at the bbq tomorrow. She keeps asking if Luke will be there. :D

5. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Every night when I put JBean to bed, I sit on the floor next to her crib and shove my arm through the bars to pat her back while I sing a lullaby or two. After about five minutes, I get up and give her one last kiss, telling her the usual...See you in the morning! Love you! Goodnight!!

She has repeated them to me for months now.

Last night when I was leaning in to give her a smooch, she grabbed me. She said, "Mommy, I pat your back," and then she started humming. It was great, such a sweet moment. I let her pat me for a minute and then pretended to snore. She thought that was great.

6. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The princess is officially registered for preschool. She starts on September the 9th.
  7. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
  8. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Methodists...16.00 a day.
  9. ArchaicRebel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_sick] Mostly at the price.
  10. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Price is a little high, but the care is exemplary...and the school is literally four blocks away, so that is super convenient. Spring semester she will be three and old enough for the montessori preschool at the university.
  11. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tonight is nightOne of readjusting JBeans sleeping schedule. I have been letting her stay up until ten or abouts so she will sleep in later. I need her to go to bed at a more decent hour so she isnt all sleep deprived when school starts. She is a slow poke in the morning, so I figure in order to be on time to school I will have to wake her up around 6:30. If I push five or ten minutes a day til school starts, she shouldn't even notice. Thats my plan anyway. I will let you know how that works out.

JBean is very excited about the fair. We live just a few blocks from the fairgrounds and drive past it daily. There has been quite a bit of activity the past few weeks due to the lil Britches rodeo, and she is convinced the fair is here and we are just trying to hide it from her. :rolleyes:

When it actually starts, I will bring her a few times...in the morning, tho. It is stinking hot here this time of year, and there is very little shade at the fairgrounds.
  12. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can't believe it has been two months since my last post in this thread. I am slacking big time! I also realized yesterday that I havent shot any video of Bean since her birthday. Ouch. I want to get some of her singing the Abc's. If that isnt the cutest thing in the world, I dont know what is.

So I made the decision to pull her out of preschool. I won't get the money back that I have prepaid for september, but I can live with that. I just weighed what I was getting out of it against my trepidations about the care there and decided that I had better things to worry about. I am going to try again next semester. I am hoping that those few months will see her vocabulary improve to the point where I trust she can verbalize more of her misgivings and anxieties. I think that a great deal of her resistance to going to school was just normal toddler contraryness, but I still felt nervous. When I would ask her why she didnt want to go she would say either, "Because thats why.." or "Because is the reason." Obviously this tells me nothing.

Today she is helping her MiMi work on the new house. Her Papaw found her a toy tool set and she loves to whack things with her wee hammer. I just hope she doesnt whack anything to hard. [face_worried]

She has been asking me about Santa Claus on almost a daily basis for several weeks now. I explained that we really shouldnt write him a letter until after thanksgiving, but all she wants to talk about is SC bringing her presents. Materialistic little booger.

She has also started that classic kid behavior of informing me, "I want that!" everytime she sees a commercial. [face_laugh]

I told her to keep a list. :p
  13. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I totally did that too. [face_laugh]
  14. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    we have the opposite problem with our Ewok. It's bad at birthdays and Christmas because she's like 'I don't really need that' and she's stopped playing with her 'favorite' toys and mostly plays video games and reads. I'm pretty sure that at 7 I was still playing with my barbies and I didn't give that up until middle school... o_O
  15. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I am sure that once young Bean starts playing video games the dollies and such will all go in a box somewhere.

Speaking of games, she has a new pc game for toddlers that teaches basic mouse skills. I really think she might end up being a south paw...when she eats or moves a mouse she uses her left hand. Anyone know if there is an easy way to set up the mouse as lefthanded or righthanded for different user accounts?
  16. RubberDuckTape Southern CO Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Try in the control panel, under mouse settings.

Mr. Bug is starting to understand more words and even trying to say them. The night before he was saying "Ca? Ca?" which while sounding like a crow also meant he wanted to watch the Cars movie. [face_laugh] Today I asked if he wanted to get shorts on and he ran upstairs and pointed to the shorts I had laying on the couch, then helped me get them on him. He's growing up so fast, I guess I should really start with the potty training now. [face_worried]
  17. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great icon, Rachel!

I really procrastinated with Juliens Halloween costume this year. I realized while I was at the store today that I had to do something, seeing as how we are headed up for the con tomorrow. I looked through the racks in the Halloween section and found zilch nada zip. I grabbed the other things on my list and headed towards the toy area for my obligatory*cough OCD* trip down the action figure aisle. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this gigantimous princess display covered in dresses, wands, shoes, gloves, handbags and crowns...and got her one of each. [face_blush]

So, for Halloween my daughter will be Princess Aurora aka Sleeping Beauty. She grabbed the bag from me the minute I walked in the door ( I swear she could smell it) and bounced from one foot to the other while I took off all of the tags. Because it was cold in the house, we put it on over her flannel tinkerbell pajamas. She kept saying, "Deet-do (thankyou) Momma for the boo-full (beautiful) Pincess dress. Will boys dance with me?" :rolleyes:

The part about boys was not an exaggeration. There are roofers and subcontractors working next door and she wanted them to come in and dance with her. My mom and the Bean made them cookies and brought them sodas while I was at school. Childs idea. Oi.

Anyhoo, I told her the roofers had all gone home, but that I would dance with her. She got very upset insisting that she needed a boy. [face_worried]

Isnt she a bit young for that kind of thing? I thought boys had cooties til I was 30. [face_whistling]
  18. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Wait -- are you saying boys don't have cooties?! :eek: Where was I when this info was released?!

[face_laugh] J/k, boyos. [:D]

19. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My mom tells me that Bean has missed me while I have been here in California, and I know I have missed her far more than I imagined I would. I talk to her several times a day and sometimes she excitedly tells me what she is up to and sometimes she stubbornly refuses to say anything at all. After I had been here a few days, she asked me, "Mommy, you still in teh airplane?" And I thought, crap! She thinks I have been in the airplane all of this time?

Yesterday she recited the entire Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater poem to me...the whole thing! It might have been one of the cutest things I have ever heard.

I miss my little girl. :(

Today I will go shopping for presents for her. When I asked her what she wanted she said, "I want a puppy dog, a princess and a boy." :D

I hope I can fit them in my suitcase. [face_laugh]
  20. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What I am about to tell you might not seem funny, but I guarantee you, it was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud and as you are about to hear, that would have been absolutely inappropriate.

On Tuesday, my mom's Multiple Sclerosis Support Group had their annual Holiday Party. We go every year, and more importantly Bean sees these people every month when they get together at IHOP for MS Breakfast. Bean has gone almost every month of her life. She has seen people with canes and walkers and to her its nothing. She often plays "Mimi" during which she kipes my moms cane and hobbles around the house.

Anyhoo...the Holiday Party...There are always far more relatives of people with MS than actual people with MS there. One young lady (younger than I am) has been horribly disabled by MS and rarely leaves her home because of her anger about it. Even though she rarely attends events, her mother and sister come every month. Her sisters husband lost his leg in Iraq. Bean has never seemed to notice before. See where this is headed?

We were sitting at the table next to them and as he goes by (he uses crutches) Bean hollers at the top of her lungs, "That man isnt wearing a foot!" and she repeats it several times. At first I didnt understand what she was saying, but as she became louder and more emotional about it, it finally dawned on me. I picked her up, shushed her a bit (she was kinda frantic about it) and I told her that sometimes people have such a bad booboo that they loose their hand or foot and she said, "Ooohhhhh, like Luke Skywalker...did Darth Vader take that mans foot?"

[face_plain] [face_laugh]

The whole thing was so funny (and I felt so wrong for thinking it was) but that saying, kids say the darnedest things? Yeah, they do.
  21. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Thats cute that she made a Star Wars reference. I wonder what made her notice it this time at not the others, maybe her age?
  22. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

I think it is a combination of her age, and the fact that he had his pants leg pinned up and walked right by her. She hasnt seen him in a few months and she was all hopped up on sugar, too.

edited to say: we talk about starwars a lot. Abby will do the same thing, mark my words. When they have a fan boy/girl as a parent, they are doomed.
  23. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I can see why you struggled not to laugh!
  24. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bean is a ham. I dressed her up in her red satin gown with her wee velvet jacket and took her to see the Big Man today. She sat on his lap and chatted and chatted a million miles a minute, telling him all of the things she wants for christmas. Then he asked her who her favorite reindeer was and she started singing Rudolph! The picture the elf took was so cute, I just had to spend the money to buy it. They count on that, bastadges! Anyhoo, I am stone cold broke, but I have in my hands the cutest picture of the most beautiful two year old girl. [face_love]
  25. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Bean walked by herself from our house to Grammies house today. [face_love]

of course I stood on the porch watching as she did so, but it still feels all milestone-y.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby