main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

1. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    You should be, oh yes you should be.

[face_emperor]

;)

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    the wiggles ARE evil. BUT not as bad as the telletubbies. now those are EVIL.

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Melody...What are you doing up so early? Jet lag still?

I dont know about these Wiggles. I do know that JuJu's tv watching might not just be staring at lights. She seems to be developing a preference. Right now she is watching LL Cool J's video "I cant control myself" on vh1. Her bassinet is right under my bedroom tv, and she is definitely staring at it. And yah, she likes music so vh1 seemed like the logical choice. I dont let her watch "Flavor of Love" though. That show is just wrong.

My mom got really mad at me yesterday because when she came over J was staring at Johnny Depp...I was watching Blow. Grammy changed the channel. :(

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    My mom made Julien a mobile for her crib and it is awesome! My mommy is a very talented painter/artist and she got it in her head that she could make a kick butt mobile and she sure did! We have started putting the girl down for her day naps in her crib so its not such a huge shocker when she switches to it permanently. Bassinets are great for the first little bit, but once the child can push along with their feet, they become kinda dangerous.

The whole reason I call my daughter "Scoochie Boochies" is because she developed this ability to scooch quite young. I have looked in her bed a few times in the past days and seen her head wedged up in a corner because she has scooched her way out of her holder. (yes I have her in a holder thingie...keeps her on a side or on her back to mix it up thereby avoiding FLAT HEAD SYNDROME)

So, awesome mobile and exposure to cribs...not much else today. :)

Gonna paint some murals on the wall for her tomorrow...if I finish my taxes. [face_plain]

5. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I used to have some of those "baby choks" (little wedge shaped foam things). They are great! Yeah, she will never stop moving around once she figures it out...just wait until the day about a year from now when you lay her down for a nap and 20 minutes later she appears beside you because she figured out how to climb out on her own.

I think it's great you are training her to sleep in her crib. Don't give in later and let her sleep with you...I have friends who just couldn't take it when her baby cried and so she let her start sleeping in their bed and now 3 years later she's still in their bed and obviously there are no new siblings...;)

The best piece of baby advice I ever received was that "babies cry. That's how they communicate. Check their needs and if they are met then they are just crying to use those little lungs." I would remember that when at 4am after 4hours of crying I was at my wits end. Good luck! :D

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I bought Sweet Pickels some onesies at Disney World, they are cute & I hope she will fit in them when I get them down there.

Sorry Jennay, I will never be able to call her JuJu, it so doens't fit!! [face_plain] So Sweet Pickels (funny I told myself I would never be able to call the baby Pickels, she was Elliot for so long), or Mini Kimmy or Julien, but not JuJu.

I think it is great your getting her use to her crib and your getting use to not running to her everytime she makes a noise. If that kept up to much longer you would have had a baby growing from a part of your body for the next 12 years or so. Can wait to see her (and you) again soon.

7. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Just wait until she's older, Isabel made up her own nickname "Be-bell" but now she doesn't answer to it anymore...you have to say her FULL name or she will correct you. But sometimes she answers to "kid" and "monkey face"

[face_monkey]

[face_laugh]

8. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    One of our girls loves her nicknames but the other one will turn and stare you down and say..."MY NAME IS ANNA."...with that look like if you try to change it again she will hurt you.

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I have been trying to call her by her actual name more. According to "the books" she is supposed to be able to recognize her name at about four weeks...If she never hears it how will she recognize it? Am I causing permanent damage to her fragile little mind by calling her scooch?

OMG!!!

lol...call her what u want...if she hates it, I am sure she will let u know. She has all of my dirty looks, and uses them freely. :D

ok, let me rephrase that... call her what u want within reason...remember that i will knock the crap out of anyone who crosses the mean and hateful line. ;)

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    not that any of you lovely ladies would do such a thing... :)

but u never know who/whom might be out there lurking

11. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Ahem!

Lurking in the shadows...yes... it is the hideous POOH monster!

OK, that just did not come out right!

I'm so embarrassed!

However Monster I may be, I would never say anything mean to a child, especially Julien! :)

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    We know, Pooh! U are safe from the mamma bear. :D

As for the rest of you. [face_devil]

13. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, I know you know. I just had to make a funny. However, should you need a back-up BEAR, I'll STOMP 'em all! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! [face_laugh]

14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Julien and I are trying to figure a few things out. Thing Number One...laundry. I don't want to leave the baby in the apartment alone (even with the door locked )to take the laundry down to the machines. Today I put on ze baby carrier nnay and JGoC gave us (thank you, girlies!) and J and I dragged four loads down three flights of stairs...and yah.

Scary. [face_plain]

When the washing part was done and it was time to transfer the clothes to the dryers, Julien tryed to help me by not wobbling too much, ;)

but I still had one heck of a time reaching into the machines to remove the damp stuff, and dont even get me started on bending to throw stuff into the low slung dryers.

Now the easy solution would be to have someone help us, but I want to be as self sufficient as possible. I am going to be a single mom for just about ever, and I want to find a way to do the easier stuff on my own and only call out the favors when I really need them so no one gets tired of helping.

The easier solution would be to never do laundry...but I dont wanna stink. :p

You people are smart...any ideas? :confused:

15. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Put her in the basket with the clothes...just don't cover her up too much.

:p

or you need to carry down her little bouncy seat too...maybe rig a pulley over the railing and lower everything down. I'm sure they won't notice it or mind.

[face_whistling]

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    If I can keep up with the laundry and only have to do one load, packing her in the basket with the clothes would probably work. :eek:

And as much as I like the idea of a dumbwaiter, I think someone just might notice...just think... I could use it both ways, up and down! :D

I put my name on the waiting list for larger lower level apartment today. That might be the ticket until I buy a house next year. :)

17. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    There you go girl!!!

and to answer your question...yes i was a bit jet lagged...i might be getting back into the swing of things now. :)

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    So my dvd player stopped working, and Julien hasnt seen starwars yet! I had planned on showing her all six in a crazy marathon while I was still on leave, so I decided to bite the bullet and go and buy a new machine. I thought I would be smart and hit up some pawn shops and get a screamer deal that would last at least til I went back to work.

Braved the dirty hurricane winds, raced across town while the babe slept, left her at my moms and headed out. What did I find? Crap. Nothing but crap.

In a blue mood, I went back to my car. I still had half an hour til I had to pick up my mom and daughter to head to my nieces school for some singy/dancy second grader thing. What should I do for my thirty child free minutes?

I decided to stop at the goodwill. I am tired of wearing my maternity clothes. They keep falling off! Still cant fit comfortably into skinny clothes, too poor to buy nice "transition" outfits...so. Found three pairs of overalls, yay!

I wandered over to the baby clothes, which were horribly overpriced for secondhand, and thats when I saw it. I had almost decided to try my mad sewing skilz out and make one, but now I don't have too!

retail 50.00...salvation army 2.50 super duper baby sling! Great for stealthy nursing and carting infant around hands free...score!

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Is it too soon to wonder if my daughter has an eating disorder? :p

She grunts like a mad pig before, during and after a feed. Okay, not so strange there. She also insists on eating until she nods off. Once asleep, I gently pick her up for some burpin action. She sleeps through that. As soon as I start to move her to put her down she wakes up and grunts for more...insistently. I obey and inevitably she chucks it up all over me and/or my bed. If I changed my sheets every time it happens I would be doing laundry pretty much constantly.

Oh, and just in case you think you're way smarter than me, I do use a burping cloth when I am actually burping her. This happens not then. This happens when you least expect it with absolutely no warning. Ewwww.

She has also started doing something I find super cool. No one else seems as thrilled about it, though. Let me explain.

She knows me by sound and smell. She has started fussing at anyone holding her who isnt me. Lol. Someone out there who prefers me to every other human being on the planet...its grrreat! Everyone should have one, j/k! [face_dancing]

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    test

didn't work...poop

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
  22. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    awwwww. she's beautiful.

great pics. :)

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    thankyou! :)

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Just uploaded all the pics from my phone as well...action shots. ;)

Poor baby has a belly cake today. :(

25. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    awww...so cute.

[face_love]