main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I hate to jinx myself, but I really do think the princess is finally getting over the side effects from her immunizations. She still has small lumps in both thigh muscles, but nothing like they were. At one time they were as large as her knees!

For the past week she has slept very well at night. Only waking up once at about 1:00 am, and then she wakes up with me at 5:eek:o am to get ready for the day. We are sticking to our new found schedule this weekend, which isnt as bad as it seems. I go to sleep when she does. Can't remember the last time I went to bed at eight on a weekend. :p

The Easter Bunny did come and visit us this year. I had my doubts because she is so little, and there will be zero memory...but I couldnt resist. In her basket she got a pair of purple slippers to wear with her new dresses, a bunnywabbit wrist rattle, and a crinkle ball. I keep singing the Primus song Mr Krinkle every time we play with it. :D

My workmates continue to be awesome. She starts at least one day a week at the shop, and spends at least one lunch period a week with me there. She is our tiny glazier!

We are going to church today to see a couple from work sing in their easter cantata...it will be fun. :)

Looking forward to next weekend, with only a few trepidations. I will have to keep her to her schedule at least to a point...otherwise monday following will be hell. It will be hell enough without adding a cranky baby to the mix. I know everyone is anxious to see/meet her...we will just take it one step at a time. If she gets too overwhelmed I will just throw the do not disturb sign on our door and kick everyone out, lol. Girl comes first! [face_love]

2. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I had two thoughts today, that though they seem simple are quite profound.

First...my life started over, fresh as spring the day my daughter was born. I get to watch her grow and learn. Everything is new to her. And through her it is all new to me as well. :)

Second...if all the parents in the world loved their children as much as I love her we would make of the world such a happy fluffy garden of delights...children are so precious and there is so much pain out there. You cant protect them from all of it, some of it is necessary for growth...blah blah blah...but while they are tiny, why cant it be a magical place full of wonder, love and security? It makes me sad.

On a side note...my darling girl seems to have inherited my families disposition for allergies. She has a lot of nasal trouble with the air conditioning on (as do I) so I dont run it very often. It was hot in Pueblo today. I think it will be a long summer. ;)

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Just uploaded pictures of Julien in her jedi costume and easter dresses to my yahoo albums.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    When was the last time the filters were replaced? I know they make those "lifetime" filters, but they really only last about 2 years down here. The inside of the thing should be cleaned at least once a season, too, since we live in a big field of dust.

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I took out the filter and it had a fair amount of dust, dander and crap in it. I used a wire brush to remove most of it and then I washed it out in the sink. I will let it dry a bit and stick it back in to try again. Thanks, Zoom. I knew about the filter, I just kept forgetting to do it until I read your post. :)

Julien is growing so fast. My mom and I were talking yesterday about how small and fragile she was when she was born. So floppy and sleepy, lol.

She has a definite personality now. When she is hungry she gets really awake and vocal at first. Its actually a delight. If we let her go for a bit she follows up that charming performance with a louder vocal and she flails her arms a bit. It reminds me of an avian mating ritual. Its kinda funny.

Then I pick her up and she snorts and starts trying to eat my arm. It can be very difficult to get the food to her mouth with her head eating my arm, her arms flailing all over the place and her back arched like a halloween cat. Takes precision, aim and a fair amount of good natured patience. She isnt as bad if someone else is feeding her a bottle, but when we are nursing it can look like a three ring circus!

So worth it, though. When I think back to all the trouble I had with nursing in the beginning...severe pain, blisters, no sleep...so worth it. To look in her wee eyes while she is eating...priceless. She rubs her foot on my arm, she punches my boob, she tickles my side with her razor claws. It is soooo cool. :D

I am kinda sad that everyone didnt get to see her this weekend...but if I am realistic and honest about it, I am glad that things turned out the way that they did. If I go to sleep with her at eight pm...I can get enough sleep to not be a zombie. That wouldnt have happened at Starfest no matter what I told myself about how I was going to be disciplined and go to my room at bedtime. We would have all just started the great fun, and I would have stayed up...and right now? I'd be looking at the butt crack of dawn from the wrong side. Ugh.

So, I am sad that I dont get to see everyone...but I am glad that I am sitting here typing this with my well rested and calm daughter on my lap...on the right side of the butt crack of dawn. :)

Have fun, kittens. Maybe I'll join you again in a few years. Right now? Kinda busy having the time of my life with the littlest jedi of the group. [face_love]

6. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    She is ADORABLE!!! I'm so glad you are enjoying being the new mom!
    I spent more time with my new nephew Grant this week. He is 5 months old now. We still can't figure out what color hair he has--sometimes it looks light brown, sometimes blonde and sometimes red depending on the light he is in. It is definitly not the very very blonde that his big brother and sister have. In any case he too is ADORABLE! It is fun to watch babies grow and learn to do new things!

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Gosh, I miss her. We sent up a specail DH gift, Mac should get it to you withing the next few days. I hear you guys work real close to each other? I don't even have to say "I hope you like it" because I know you will, just wish I could see the look on your face.

What? Only one picture of baby jedi? I want more :D How cute is she?????? Can't wait until my schedule clears up so I can go see her again.

Wish you could have came down for a day to see Alison, and you are so right about the sleep issue, we partied like it was 1999! My eyes feel all puffy & I could fall asleep standing up.

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OH MY GOSH! that has got to be the CUTEST thing. oh jennay. :) so happy for you.

you were missed this weekend. it just wasn't the same without you! Love ya!

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    ahhhh. you are all so sweet. And I agree, Beth. ADORABLE. I feel I can take a little credit for that. ;)

And yes...only one jedi pic so far. The rest of that album is easter dresses. [face_love]

I will get more as she gets older. We almost got her to hold on to the lightsaber long enough to take a picture...almost. :)

I'm glad we were missed...you were all missed, too. Its like that scene in Fever Pitch where he skips the game to go to a party with his girl...and its the best game ever. Only I didnt yell and scream about it like he did. :p

current report....we both have the hiccups. [face_thinking]

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Great Jedi pic. We missed you this weekend, but I'm glad you dressed her up anyway. :)

11. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
  12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I just wanted to give a big shout out to Uncle Hair...I know you all know this, because Mactastic said you all played with it at Starfest...but he made Julien the most awesomest lightsaber rattle! When I saw it I almost cried. The most specialest gift ever. I remember when he gave me my first saber. I ran around with it in my hands for hours. Awesome.

You da man, Jeff. Her very own Sith Godfather. You da man. [:D]

And thank you to Uncle Wannabe and Aunt Amy for the cute outfit. Perfect for my lil duckie. We always ask the baby if she likes having her ducks all in a row. Tarded, I know. But it always makes me laugh...so there ya go.

Thank you everybody!!!

and I am glad you missed us...makes not being able to go a little better. :)

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    The Goobericious Gooberella Princess Poopzilla is doing just fine this week. We have entered a new stage of development....the every other day poop phase. Just imagine, if you will, the mess made by this, uhm...development. I thought at first the poor child was constipated, but according to Danielle the Wonder Nurse, a bowel movement every other day is perfectly normal for a breast fed baby.

She is now wearing 3-6 month clothes. I have a feeling of pride mixed with sadness about this. I am slowly phasing out her newborn clothes, and as I put each precious piece into the tote containing my matenity clothes I remember how tiny and scrawny my roly poly daughter once was.

We found one of her tiny newborn diapers the other day and I cant believe that wee thing used to be big on her! She wore size one diapers for like a minute, and is now in size two. They fit quite nicely, but I dont think that she will fit them for long.

She is getting quite long and her feet are now too long for many of her socks. I tried stretching the special ones, like her bronco socks, for just a few more wears before the go into the tote.

Amazing how much she changes and how fast she does it. Before we know it, she will be walking and talking! :D

Her favorite play changes faster than I can think of a new thing to hold her interest. Yesterday it was bouncing on my head...today it is some cartoon on the family channel. Tomorrow will it be skydiving? lol

The long beautiful red hair she was born with is falling out. She has these crazy old man bald spots where thick blonde hair is coming in. Again...tomorrow she might have green hair, you just cant tell!

Eyes are still the same shade of blue, but that can change up until six months of age. I am hopeful, however, because it is the exact same shade of blue it was a month ago, and from what I have heard from other parents, it doesnt just change overnight...it is a gradual thing. So I am hopeful. I was always jealous of my brothers blue eyes, and would be tickled if her eyes stayed that color.

Her neck is much stronger than it was and she can sit up with little help from me. People who dont hold her often (mostly men) keep trying to hold her in a flat, lying down position and she quite vocally tells them she is a big girl, and wants to be held sitting up. She also makes her body super stiff when she is unhappy, which can make her a handful. Like diaper changes, or clothes changes...stiff as a board, I tell ya! :p

Last night we fell asleep at seven...woke up at one for a feed, woke up at five for a feed, and got up for good at seven. Minus late night posting and feeding, I got almost ten hours of sleep! :eek:

I feel great!

Cant wait to go to the zoo for the meeting. If I cannot afford a stroller by then, my mom will let me borrow hers. I can carry the girl for a long time, but I might need my hands for other things, so I will give in and use the thing this time.

Off to play!

Tune in next week for our next installment of....The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla! Same poop time, same poop channel!

lol

I said "poop"

:D

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Goodness, the Jedi picture is just too cute! I mean, all the pictures are adorable, but the jedi outfit... :D Is that a lightsaber spoon strapped to her waist?

I soooo missed seeing you both, but I totally understand that you needed to take care. Hopefully I will see you next time!

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes, it was a lightsaber spoon...without the spoon part. Funny! [face_laugh]

And we missed seeing you too. Next time. :)

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I splurged today and finally bought a dvd player. Mine died right after the baby was born and I havent had the dough to get another one. Well, walmart had a craptastic special the size of a flat toaster on sale for 27.99 and I couldnt resist. I havent seen SW in months!

Julien and I sat down with a bowl of ice cream (for me) and a nuk (for her) and started watching ANH. She has to start somewhere, right?

Anyway, everytime she saw C3PO or heard R2 she started chattering at the tv. At first I thought I might be reading into her behavior..cuz I luv da starwars soooo much. After a while it became apparent that she really was interested. Hhhmmm. So much so that when I tried to nurse her hungry bum, she kept turning her head to see the tv, with da boob in her mouth and loosing her latch. Hilarious!

She almost made it to the end. Then her tired eyes just couldnt stay open for a minute longer...and she crashed.

I am going to love sharing this with her...and LOTR, and Spider Man, and the Xmen...and so much more.

wow [face_love]

17. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    That is so awesome. :D

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Julien will be three months old on saturday and as of today weighs twelve pounds, fourteen ounces! [face_dancing]

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Poor baby isnt feeling well. Shes become a bit irregular...hasnt had relief since wednesday. Yesterday she cried a lot. I finally thought of calling the doctors answering service. They were very nice and agreed to page the doctor.

She called me two minutes later...cool chic. She called me from the bar, lol. She said that I should give the girl some baby apple juice. I was at my moms, so I left the girl with grammie and jumped into my car Sherman to run to walgreens.

In the olden days, apple juice for babies was concentrated and in tiny jars? I found premixed tiny bottles. Expensive, ewww...let me tell you.

Anyway, bought the juice and ran home to try it out. I gave her a bottle of the stuff...and she loved it! At first she seemed confused. What is this sweet sticky stuff? But after a while she became more bold, swigging down the amber liquid.

When we woke up this morning, I smelled something...but it was a false alarm. Before nursing she had some more apple juice. The Doctor said if she hasnt pooped by monday to bring her in.

Poor baby. :(

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Great news!!!

1. The apple juice worked.

2. Julien is finally big enough to sit forward in her snugli.

3. We are moving into a new, bigger apartment!!!

yay! It has windows that face outside, so there will be sunshine!! the master bedroom is larger than what I have and there is a tiny bedroom for the baby with a window that has a view of the tv station. Hhhhmm. There is a coat closet, and the storage is indoors, so no going across the hall. I am so stoked!

I will need help, so if you live down this way, any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

21. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Just give me a call when it's time. ;)

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    just let me know when and where.

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Baby seems to be doing better. Yesterday was a hard day. She refused to take a bottle...period. My mom called me at work. I could instantly tell something was wrong. She was crying and I could hear the baby screaming in the background. My mom had been trying to feed her for over an hour with no luck.

So I jumped in my car and raced over. Poor thing was crying so hard her face was all splotchy and covered in tears. She nursed no problem.

I went back to work.

Same thing happened in the afternoon. Again a race to grammies to feed a howling baby. At the end of the day I was exhausted and afraid we were in for some real trouble. I had heard of nipple confusion. I was just thought it referred to breast fed babies who learned to prefer the bottle...not the other way around. A few people told me I might have to stop nursing entirely and just pump. It broke my heart and frustrated me immensely.

So today...we were hopeful. I have a kind of bottle here at home that is almost identical to a breast. Julien has always taken it. We brought those bottles to grammies house today....and good news! It worked!! She took all of her bottles with no hysterics.

I am so happy. She feels better, I feel better...and I get to keep nursing my daughter, which has to be one of the most special and beautiful experiences of my life. It started with such difficulty. To get through that and not give up will go down in my book of life as one of my proudest achievements. I dont want to give it up until it is time. :)

24. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Let me know when and I'm there. :)

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    We signed the lease on our new apartment this morning and then the two of us went upstairs to check it out and say hello to our new home together. :)

The babies room is larger than I had remembered, which is great!

Now we are getting ready to go to the doctor. The baby is still having difficulties with constipation and has developed a slight eye infection. I believe she stabbed her eyeball with one of those razor claws babys grow, and now it is icky! [face_sick]

So...off we go!