main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    That is great! mommy & baby will have their own space. :)

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    My own space...tonight is the last night we will share a room as roomates...As of tomorrow, Julien will have her own room. I am not saying she will never sleep in my room again...far from it. I am sure she will sleep with me many more nights. But it is a step towards our future. That makes me happy.

When other things get me down...life, loss, pain...I live in those moments only for my daughter. What a liberation. A child is a gift, a treasure...something to be cherished, held, loved. She is uplifting.

She is my preamble to joy.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Happy Mommy's Day!!!!! :D

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    thank you! [:D]

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I was at work this afternoon, and it was about 4:45...almost time to go home. I count down the cash drawer and go into the breakroom to wash the stink of money off of my hands. Suddenly my co-worker runs into the room and says, "You'll never guess what your daughter did...she rolled over...twice!"

My mom had called to tell me that, and I had been busy so she told Theresa. Theresa then proceeded to run through the shop shouting, "Julien rolled over!!!" to anyone who would listen. :p

I get to my moms house and she tries to recreate it for me, but the girl just wouldnt cooperate. It makes me kinda sad that I am missing all of these firsts. Chances are my mom will see her crawl, take her first steps, say her first words...first. :(

Meanwhile I bring home the bacon. :)

***sigh***

Another subject of interest to me is how my life changes everyday in ways that are only peripherally related to my being a mother. My friends are changing, the things I want from life, the things I dont want, the things that matter, the things that dont matter...Dave and Busters, for instance. I used to love that place. Now? You couldnt get me there with a stick and a carrot. That means I will slowly but surely go to fewer and fewer meetings and see you all less and less...until "poof"...I become a story..."remember Mistress? She used to be so much fun...before"

and know what? Thats okay. :)

6. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    ...and that is why you see me at so few meetings...two little girls.:)

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    two little girls means twice the joy. [face_love]

i knew the moms would understand. :)

8. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Yes, you'll miss some of her "firsts" but when you see her do it for you, you can pretend it's the first time. :p

Welcome to the life of being a boring Mom who loves to talk about her child/children. I hope I didn't bore all the guys out here too much with stories about Isabel. (although they cracked up for the "WE'RE GONNA DIE" story....)

:D

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

My new boss said something along those lines yesterday...he also pointed out that my mom (who loves her almost as much as I do) seeing all of her firsts is a heck of a lot better than a faceless, nameless daycare attendant making minimum wage seeing all of her firsts. I must agree.

My mom spends so much time and energy with Jules trying to be a great grammie...and she is doing it. She reads to her and plays with her...and loves her very much. I am grateful. I know it makes her tired, but she would be doing it wrong if it didnt. [face_love]

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Havent been here in awhile. Between the evil influenza and my computer deciding to revolt, I havent been online much. A lot has happened in the life of Jenny and Jules. I dont even know where to start.

She can roll over now. Means I can no longer leave her lying on my bed while I get dressed or do other mundane things. If I do I can expect a thonk followed by a crying infant. :p

She can hold her toys and transfer them from hand to hand. Big milestone. She can push up on her belly til her head is at ninety degrees. Big milestone. She laughs, giggles, squeals and makes a "mahhh" sound. I keep encouraging her. "mahhhmahhh" I tell her. Lol, one day real soon this kid is gonna do it. She wont know what shes doing, but I will love it all the same.

Her favorite thing to do after I get home from work is to snuggle and fall asleep on my chest. Such a cuddle bug. :D

We watch a bit of tube and then we read stories or take a bath. She will be four months old in four days. I cant believe it. That is one third of a year! wow

Every day she is more aware of her surroundings. Her father told me the other day that he is glad she is finally getting interesting. After stifling my urge to knock him out, I started thinking. I guess from a male perspective a child might not be interesting until they begin interacting with the world as a whole. ***shrug*** Who knows?

Her latest nicknames are DoubleStuff, Goober and Elvis. She weighs just a bit over fourteen pounds and will soon double her birth weight. She sleeps about ten hours at night, which is great for me. Her room being at the other end of the apartment helps, but I miss her. Many nights she falls asleep with me on the couch or on my bed and I snuggle with her until I am ready for bed. And then I carry her to her room and put her in her crib.

I havent decorated her room much. There is a starwars poster in there, right above the crib! I dont know that she likes it anymore than the wrapping paper on the other wall, or her train montage...but it is there.

Hhhmmmm...lovin being a mommy more and more everyday. Tired, but happy. :)

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    This is the week. The week Julien gets the worst set of shots of her entire childhood. The set of immunizations they give at four months cant be condensed into any less than three injections. Usually its four, but Danielle the Wonder Nurse is awesome, and has promised to do it in three.

I had originally taken off all of Friday to kiss and love on the babe after her appointment with Mr Pointy the Needle...but with all of the drama and crap at work, it looks like I will be allowed to take off the morning only. My mom will have to administer some luvin for me.

One good thing about this checkup is that this is the milestone where the doctor gives her okay for Jules to start solids. That excites me, even though it is a sure sign that my baby daughter is getting older...very fast. I bought some tiny baby spoons and bowls for her cereal. Didnt get the cereal yet, as there are about 87 different kinds of rice cereal for infants and the selection intimidated me. I will just ask the doctor what to do.

I showed Rachel and Sarah the babys amazing physical skillz yesterday. Although she didnt cooperate by fully rolling over, they did see her push up on her hands and hold her head steady when I pulled her up...skillz of which I am very proud. My mom and I work very hard with Julien to keep her on track with her developmental milestones...until recently, Jules screamed during belly time...every time. So it has been a real challenge. She knows we want it now, and seems to want to please us, as she doesnt howl so much anymore, but looks to us for encouragement.

Last night she woke up kinda early for her morning meal (try two am) and she was cold and clingy so I brought her into the bed with me. Snuggly bear. [face_love]

So that in a nutshell is our current condition. More reports to follow. :p

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    MY little bro wasnt a big fan of the rice stuff, So my mom mixed it with a bit of the little fruit in a jar.

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    See if they have any samples at the doctor's office...then you can find what flavor she likes without buying all 87 types. (and then you won't find opened boxes of rice cereal shoved in the back of the pantry when you move 2 years later. ;) )

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Jules is such a sweetie!! [face_love] I'm so happy I could finally meet her.

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I want to see her sooooooooo baaaadddddddd! Can't wait until I do, of course she has presents waiting for her. But must see her before she's driving ;)

Jennay, you need to post more pics. Sorry to hear she has to get more shots, that is just no fun, but that's it until she's a year, right?

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes, I have neglected my picture taking duties...but in my defense, it isnt entirely my fault. My moms camera had a battery issue and we just got busy and forgot to get a new one. And like two months passed. oops. :oops:

So....Problem is fixed and I should be through this roll of film in a day or so, and then I will take it to da store, and then I will upload it, and then you can see how beautiful, fat and sassy my darling girl has become since easter!

Thanks for the ideas on cereal, guys...I have been wondering about samples. I think it all looks unappetizing, but I am not a tiny baby...will have to let her be the judge. :D

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    New pix uploaded to my albums...link in sig, it is called Julien in June.

Per your requests. [face_love]

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Jules is singing!!

Well, as bet as a baby can...its the funniest thing I have ever heard...out of tune arias punctuated by high pitched squeals? Yah, singing. :D

19. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Too cute pics...even the guy in my office was like "Who's the cute baby?"

[face_love]

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I want to :_|

21. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
  22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Shots are over. She was so brave. Four separate injections. Medicine is cruel. And she bled all over her dress...and it was my favorite. :(

But all in all a positive visit. She starts rice cereal today, oatmeal next week, barley the week after, followed by multigrain...then stage one veggies. I was playing with the veggies at the store today. They all look like poop. I hope she will eat them. God knows I wouldnt. Ewwwww! [face_sick]

She has cried a lot today. She is sleeping now, and I am enjoying a well deserved comfort. Cold and hoppy! :D

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    So...rice cereal. What a mess! They suggest you make it very thin the first time, like gruel. I'm spooning it into her mouth and shes spitting it back out, all over the place. I made the "gulp" noise to try to explain to her that she is supposed to swallow it...she laughed at me.

What a twisted sense of humor. If you had any doubts about whether or not the wee bit was gonna take after her mum...let those doubts be put to rest. ;)

So the rest of the experience became a race between her and I. I would scrape it off of her face, she would spit it out. I would catch what she spit out with the spoon and put it in her mouth, she would spit it out...and laugh. I would put more in her mouth, she would spit it out, laugh at me, grab the spoon, throw it across the couch, laugh at me...you get the picture. We soaked her bib, her clothes underneath. Gross. And I am supposed to do it three to four times every day. What? :eek:

Kinda reminded me of popeye and the commadore and their story about spinach. Ungrateful no good infink! lol

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Jennay, it doesn't seem that they want her to be eating it due to wieght issues, but if that is the case, I use to put it in the bottle, so 1/4 of a serving in 6 oz of formula or whatever & you can keep trying to get her use to 'eating' when you have the time???????

They have made so many changes over the last 18 years I have no current experience of what's what now adays :p

Good luck, just wait for the veggies [face_sick] so for the ones she didn't like I would mix them with her cereal! Just remember, you need to be smarter then what your working with :D I know you can do it.

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    The doctor just wants her to start learning how to eat solids, and due to my familys history of food allergies, she wants to take each separate food slowly. I told her it sounded like some cruel science experiment...and she agreed that basically that is what it was.

Julien is feeling much better. I think she is doing better with this round because she weighs more, and is older than with the last set. She gets the next set at six months, but it is a much smaller assortment. Very few injections.

Jules is in the 95th percentile for cranium diameter (huge melon, kids a genius), 90th percentile for weight and 70th percentile for length. She weighed 14 pounds 6 ounces and was 25 inches long. She is currently wearing some 3-6 months and a lot of 6-9 months clothing. Round bellies. She barely fits in size 2 diapers and will soon graduate to size 3.

I have doubled my picture taking. I am getting some good ones of eating and laughing. Should have some more uploaded tomorrow or the next day, and will try to do some every week. What else? hhhmmm.

Her current favorite toys are her snuggle bear blanket (thank you Miss Mel) and her finger puppet teether. She will chew on anything, including people. She gets a little better at eating her cereal every day. It is sooooo funny to watch.

Lovin life and lovin my girl! [face_love]