main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Went to wallyworld and got the latest batch...uploaded and ready to go!! You know the drill. A few are a bit washed out, but I will get the hang of this.

Stay tuned for the next batch...where Jules eats cereal and wears sunglasses!!

lol, this is fun. :D

2. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yesterday I lost my debit card.

In the atm.

Actually, I got distracted by Jules and just drove away...you know when the machine asks you if you want another transaction? I just drove away...without saying no. [face_plain]

I realized what I had done about two hours later. I was at the Cactus Flower restaurant waiting in line for the changing table in the restroom. (there was only one) Jules had soaked through her spidey outfit, and I suddenly realized that I had left my card, and that the last thing I remembered before driving away from the bank was the long line of cars behind me waiting to use the atm.

I came out of the restroom with a nekkid baby, ran across the restaurant, packed up our things, sped across town to the atm in a vain effort to see if some samaritan was waiting there with my card in his hand ( i watch too many movies).

Nothing. We go home and I call the bank. Thank the maker the last activity on my card was me using the atm. I cancel the card. The Customer Service lady said if someone had used it immediately, the bank would have reimbursed me...eventually. I guess cuz i left it in the machine with my pin active I would have had to disbute the potential charges in a different fashion than you would if your card were simply lost or stolen. Makes sense.

All I can figure is that either an honest person found it and did something honest with it...or a dishonest person found it and just hadnt raped it yet. Ugh. I am so lucky.

Lesson learned...ignore child while at the atm unless said child is in mortal peril. That is the second totally tarded thing I did this week while under the influence of baby.

In other more pleasant news, I found a pair of muffs online that will protect her hearing. I have been very worried about fireworks and their loudness lately. Not that I am such an overprotective freak that I think a few boomahs will damage her hearing...I just dont want her to be afraid of the "big purties" in the sky. I was afraid of fireworks til I was like, twelve. But I was a huge wuss. Anyway, found a pair on some hunting website for about twenty bucks. Makes me think its not such a weird thing, and I will try my local shooting supply stores this week.

Next week we start on oat cereal. I guess thats kinda like oatmeal, right? Who knows. ;)

Jules just watched Johhny Bravo and is now sleeping the good sleep while mommy runs around doing grown up things....

oh yah! I gave up on fitting in my tiny jeans anytime soon, and bought two pair of sex-y pants that fit my newfound mom-butt like a dream! Yay! Cant tell you how tired I am of overalls and drawstring sweat-like pants. I have been wearing such things for about eight months now. Ugh.

I can be hawt again! [face_dancing]

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    So we tried baby oatmeal today. And guess what?

She loved it!

She gobbled up the whole bowl, and gurgled the whole time. I cant believe that she learned eating over the three hours between rice this morning and oatmeal this afternoon...so I am not looking on it as a fluke.

Yay oatmeal!

The storm we had down here seemed to scare her a bit. Since I live on the third floor, it was kinda loud. I live in the middle of the building, where the skylights are plentiful. When I heard the noise I knew exactly what it was. I jumped up, handed Jules to my brother and ran for the window. I am not sure if she cried cuz the boob ran away, from the noise, or from sensing my excitement at the inclement weather...but she did cry a bit. So I run back in to the living room and pick her up. The hail was coming from the north and our windows face the west. Great view of the carnage. And a fairly safe view. I brought her to the window to show her the storm and her eyes lit up and gaped as wide as saucers. I wonder if she has inherited my love for bad weather?

We spent some time with my grandparents today. So great to see them interact with her. I dont believe my grandfather even noticed any of us until we were at least twelve...but with her? He holds her hand and strokes her head. He still wont hold her...but a squirmy fourteen pound five month old can be intimidating to young arms. And my grandfather is 81. :D

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    A lot has happened since my last entry.

Say, I wonder if many people realize the biggest reason I post Jules baby steps in this thread. True, one of the biggest reasons is so all of you can see her pictures and read about how she is doing. But the real biggy is that I plan to turn all of the entries in this thread into a kind of diary of my daughters first days. When I get to that point, I will let you all know. I thought she might find it interesting when she is older. So Jules? This is for you. [face_love]

The girl had her first vegetables today. Green beans. And she loved it. I thought it might be a fluke so for her luncheon solid, I gave her oatmeal again. She poo-pooed the oatmeal with her typical disdain which consists of clamping her lips shut, blowing oat bubbles through clenched jaws and fussing at me. I took her bowl with its vestiges of oat-y goodness and slopped two tablespoons of green beans in it. Mixed it into a light green paste, and sure enough...she slurped that crap down like there was no tomorrow. :D

I will try more green beans tomorrow and hope for the best. I love the darn things, so chances are she really does like them. [face_praying]

On a much cooler note...we went to an outdoor concert tonight. It was a Beatles cover band called Yesterday. She had a great time. It was rainy and cold so I had her wrapped up in her Hidalgo blanket. She looked like a tiny bear. Her eyes never left the stage and I sang to her along with the band. The coolest part was that at the end of the concert there was a fireworks display. They started going off about thirty seconds after the band left the stage. I was worried that she would be frightened. I needn't worry so much, I guess. She loved the lights. She didnt even flinch at the noise. I had my head down by hers to whisper in her ears about how pretty the boomers were and how exciting it was to watch. I was close enough to her to hear her tiny gasps of astonishment at the really big colorful ones. I cried a little, I was so proud of my tiny girl. Such a brave lass. Much braver than her Mommy. I cried at fireworks a lot. Sadly enough, I was old enough to retain memories...of crying. I was a wuss. Not this little lady. Made of steel, she is.

I am so proud. :)

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I get really mad at myself for neglecting this thread. Then I feel I have to stuff a huge amount of memory into a relatively short post...I might miss a funny story that way! :p

I have been super busy with work, and although my time with Julien hasnt suffered to my knowledge, my relationship and interaction with just about everyone and everything else definitely has. Sorry.

We have made it through the list of stage one vegetables with only one reaction. I am not sure it was an allergic reaction persay...could have been merely a sensitivity. It was to peas. Everything else has been great. Now, carrots stain badly, but she likes their taste. She liked squash and sweet potatos too (who is this strange child. ;)

We now mix rice and oat cereal so neither are as boring as they are alone. Sometimes I throw in a vegetable for some color. She had carrot oatmeal just yesterday for lunch. She doesnt seem to mind or even notice. Tomorrow we start on fruits with bananas. I have heard from most moms that once you give them fruits, they wont eat veggies so readily anymore. So I have intentionally made veggies take two months.

Yes, Jules is almost six months old. Her six month checkup is next thursday. More shots, ewwww!

We are having a garage sale next weekend and are selling a bunch of her tiny baby stuff. Its hard to part with, but the green stuff is in high demand and short supply for my little family. Who needs to keep 87 newborn onesies just for nostalgia? :p

I miss you all and hope to see you soon.

will keep you updated...might have some pix later this weekend. :D

6. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    You da MOM baby :)

That said...I am glad that my little miss Abbey just turned a year, and she just runs in and out of the house when she needs....I love doggie doors [face_love] ALOT!

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Jules favorite game of the weekend: I put her on my bed. I crouch over her on all fours with my hands firmly planted on either side of her wee melon. I then use my knees to bounce the whole bed, saying "bouncy bouncy bouncy" while she squeals in delight. I spice it up by occasionally stopping, at which time I look around the room, whistling like I dont see her, {dum dee dee dum dum) and then I suddenly kiss her neck while making smacking noises. Squeal City. :D

8. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    ***Mom Alert***

Julien has started a strange new behaviour, and I am having trouble finding reference to it in the holy BOOK OF BABIEs. Maybe one of you can help.

Loud vocal fake crying...a lot of it. She starts it like a cough, and then that turns into a squealie fake cry that eventually leads to real tears, funny enough. She does it when I take something from her that she wants, when she wakes up, whens shes bored...and at other times that I cannot for the life of me figure out. Isnt she too young to be starting manipulation tactics?

Help please?

Its kinda making me crazy. If I know its totally normal, maybe it will be easier to ignore. ;)

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    It could be several things, but I think she has you snowed! She may have inherited my evil side too :eek: [face_devil] Or she could just be practacing noises & then "hey, I can make myself cry?" But if you take something away from her & she does this & you give it back & she stops, your in trouble :p

10. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Babies are born manipulators...so she could be starting early with you. [face_devil]

11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    not that i have any children, but i have babysat A LOT and very close to families with small children.

from my experience, SC is right on...a couple of babies i have been around a lot just like to cough because they well figure out they can...it is something new for them to do. once the 'newness' wears off...they pretty much find something else to do. :)

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks for your support, Ladies. :)

and guess what??

Julien has a tooth!!!! :D

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Uploaded a gazillion (55) new pics here

enjoy. :D

14. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Jenny those made me smile!

I laughed out loud at some of your comments. Breakin' and Breakin' 2..classic. :)

thanks for sharing those!

15. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
  16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I feel a little better now, she still looks tiny in her highchair or not a big as I was thinking she was already. Ok I'm fine with her having one tooth before I see her again, but if it reaches up to 4, I'm going to be made!

Thanks for the photos. She's so cute@!!!!!!!

17. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    She likes me. :D And she likes pinching my cheeks like a grandma, but she hasn't gotten a good grip yet, so the pinches don't hurt. yet. :p

18. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    She was really cute on Saturday! And she's growing way too fast. I liked her little sing-song-ey voice that she was doing outside. Very adorable. [face_batting]

19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    What Fun Jen-nay!
    She looks a little unsure at the pool but cute anyways!

You better start another album Mistress or it's gonna take forever to download that page. [face_mischief]

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks everybody!!!!

and Kim? This morning she had another tooth, bringing the total to two teeth!! Yay teeth.

Just for Pooh, I will do a new album and not add anymore to July. Heck, July is almost over anyway. :p

21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    TWO??? I'm checking my schedule to see if I can make it down this weekend. How does it look for you?

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I am free this weekend, and would love to have you. :)

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Julien is six months old today!!! [face_dancing]

More updates to follow, I need coffee.

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Happy 6-month birthday, Julien!! [face_love][face_love]

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Crap, I forgot the "more updates to follow". My bad.

Well, Julien has officially tasted her first soda pop. I know, I know...I keep saying how I am going to be kinda strict with her diet, but I just realized a few days back that I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to food introduction. There is a lot of info out there, but no step by step stereo instructions on when to start what and when to start what also. So...by the seat of my pants, she eats.

I gave her an apple slice last week. Her two tiny teeth chomped on it and did infact bite slivers off that she promptly spit out onto my lap. Funny baby. We bought one of those mesh things to put chopped fruits into, she sucks the juice and pulp out (and makes a huge mess in the process)

So two days ago, my boss and his wife gave us a bunch of baby clothes. There were a tiny pair of brown leather shoes in the bag of goodies, which I immediately put on her feet. Her PahPaw came in and said that if she is big enough for shoes, then she should be big enough for a taste of rootbeer. I caved and we let her sip a drip from my glass. Her mouth opened wide at the sensation of bubbles and it all fell out. She liked the sweet, and reached for the glass again so we tried a second time. Mouth grimaces, sticky soda spills all over mommy, baby smiles. We tried three times and then I drained the glass and told her, "all gone." She knows what that means.

She babbled about it excitedly for about twenty minutes and then the sheen of sugar overload drained from her cheeks and we were none the worse for wear.

So...treats in moderation. Thats what I am thinking.