main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'The Adventures of Young Anakin Skywalker'

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JW-Titus, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    This is an excerpt from 'The Adventures of Young Anakin Skywalker'. I wrote it in response to the first sentance challenge.

[b][i][u]'The Adventures of Young Anakin Skywalker'[/u][/i]: [i]Prologue ('[u]Shmi's Tale[/u]')[/i]

Chapter Ten, Part Two(Conclusion)[/b]

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her. The vibro-blade trembled in her hand, threatening to fall right from it, as screams and wails of agony reached her ears. But still she continued, slowly, along the white colored wall toward the corner. She had to be certain he was safe!

The sound of running footsteps approaching from around the corner nearly made her jump. Her eyes widened in terror and she shot the blade up defensively, her hand shaking uncontrollably. The footsteps were nearly upon her now, and soon she would be face to face with her aggressor.

[i]This isn?t happening! This can?t be happening![/i] She thought over and over again, hoping beyond hope that doing so would make it true.

Suddenly, a man shot around the corner and nearly ran into her raised vibro-blade. His blue eyes widened at the unexpected sight of the shimmering blade, and he bent his upper body backwards to avoid the stab.

?Jacobah!? she screamed, horrified at what she?d nearly done. Sudden tears rushing down her face, she dropped the blade to clank onto the polished, white floor. She rushed at him, burying her head into his muscular chest, wrapping her arms around him in a desperate hug, clinging to him for safety and reassurance.

He returned the hug with a single arm around her shoulders, his other arm holding a blaster pistol at the ready. Quicker than she wanted he released her and took a step back?holding her at arms length as he looked into her face with worried eyes.

?I told you to get to the shuttle! I told you to leave!? Jacobah said. Though his words were forceful there was no anger in his tone, no reproach in his eyes, merely concern.

She peered at his handsome, bearded face for some time, her heart aching at the thought of leaving him. She wanted to be in his arms, wanted to run her hands through his wavy, brown hair. So many times she?d wanted to tell him how she felt, but never had. But now was not the time. Now was not the time.

Shaking her head, she said, ?I had to stay! I had to make certain you were safe!?

A blast bolt struck the corner just behind Jacobah, sending a shower of sparks through the air. Immediately, instinctively, he reached out with his free arm and pressed her against the wall, making his back flush with it as well with the blaster pistol held ready.

His wince was subtle, as was the movement of his hand into his long cloak to clutch his side, but she saw them all the same. She pulled back the green cloak. Through his fingers she saw the round patch of burnt cloth and seared flesh.

?You?ve been shot!?? she exclaimed.

?It?s nothing,? he said, brushing her hand away and turning to peer around the corner. He squeezed off a handful of shots, then was forced to duck back around the corner as a hail of red bolts blasted the wall.

Turning to her, his face grave, he said, ?Listen to me?you?ve got to get out of here! Do you remember what I taught you about how to fly the shuttle??

She gave a weak, reluctant nod.

?Then you must go! Now! Before they catch you!? Jacobah shouted as more searing blasts exploded next to him.

?No! I won?t leave you and the others behind!?

[b]?I?M ALL THAT?S LEFT OF THE OTHERS!!?[/b] he yelled, anger in his tone for the first time, his blue eyes wild.

She flinched at his outburst, frightened by his ferocity. Yet, she knew he wasn?t mad at her, but at the loss of those he cared for most?those he had lived with nearly all his life. [i] All the others are dead?[/i] she thought, a gasp escaping her lips.

Jacobah?s harsh expression softened and his features

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    VERY cool explanation of Anakin's origins. I think this would make a great longer fic... Perhaps let us see what happened before this scene? And then after? [face_praying] I'm asking nicely! :D

Anyway, great job!

3. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    omg yes i love young Ani stories...there are not enough of them!![face_dancing]

up up up!!!!! and please continue:D

(I'm so excited I'm about to pee im my pants):eek:

4. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004

Thank you for your kind words, VaderLVR64. :) I'm glad you think this would make a good longer fic, bacause I thought so too. I hope to post more if it later, but it may be some time. I'm a little busy with 'The Sith Wars' right now.

Thanks for your interest!

LOL!! Thanks for your enthusiasm, iLoveAnakin7! I'm really glad you liked this so much, but I hope you didn't really soil yourself. ;)

Thanks! It means a lot.

5. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    With permisson by Master J.W. Titus - albeit given way back - here's a translation of 'Shmi's Tale' into german for all the german SW fans out there.

I hope this is still ok with you, JW?

And to repeat my comment at the "one-sentence-challenge"-board regarding your story:

I want MORE! MORE MORE MORE!!

'Die Abenteuer des jungen Anakin Skywalker': Prolog ('Die Geschichte von Shmi')

Kapitel Zehn, Teil Zwei (Fortsetzung)

Als sie den Korridor hinunterschlich, umklammerte sie die einzige Waffe, die sie finden konnte und betete, daß keiner der Blasterschüße, die um die Ecke herübertanzten, in ihr ein Ziel finden würden. Die Vibro-Klinge zitterte in ihrer Hand und drohte ihr aus selbiger zu fallen, als Schreie und Gejammer von unsäglichen Qualen ihre Ohren erreichte. Aber dennoch schlich sie weiter, langsam, entlang der weißen Wand in Richtung der Ecke. Sie mußte sich vergewissern, daß er in Sicherheit war!

Das Geräusch herannahender Fußtritte im Laufschritt von jenseits der Ecke hätte sie fast aus dem Gleichgewicht gebracht. Vor Schrecken weiteten sich ihre Augen und sie riß die Klinge in eine Verteidigungsposition hoch, ihre Hand zitterte unkontrollierbar. Die Schritte waren jetzt fast bei ihr, und gleich würde sie ihren Angreifer von Angesicht zu Angesicht sehen.

Das kann nicht passieren! Das kann doch nicht passieren! dachte sie immer und immer wieder, hoffte jenseits aller Hoffnung, daß das es Ungeschehen machen könnte.

Plötzlich kam ein Mann um die Abzweigung und rannte beinahe in ihre angehobene Vibro-Klinge. Seine blauen Augen weiteten sich beim unerwarteten Anblick der schimmernden Klinge, und er mußte seinen Oberkörper zurückbiegen, um eine Verletzung zu vermeiden.

"Jacobah!" schrie sie, zu Tode erschrocken bei dem, was sie beinahe getan hätte. Als sie in Tränen ausbrach ließ sie die Klinge mit einem blechernden Geräusch auf dem polierten, weißen Boden aufprallen. Sie fiel ihm entgegen, schmiegte ihren Kopf an seine muskulöse Brust, schlang ihre Arme um ihn in einer verzweifelten Umklammerung, drückte sich an ihn, um sich sicher und geborgen zu fühlen.

Er erwiderte ihre Umarmung nur mit einem einzelnen Arm um ihre Schultern, sein anderer Arm hielt eine Blaster-Pistole im Anschlag. Schneller als ihr lieb war ließ er sie los und trat einen Schritt zurück - er hielt sie eine Armlänge entfernt als er ihr mit besorgtem Blick in ihre Augen sah.

"Ich hab' dir doch gesagt an Bord des Shuttles zu gehen! Ich hab' dir gesagt zu verschwinden!" sagte Jacobah. Obwohl er mit Nachdruck sprach, enthielten seine Worte keinen Zorn, seine Augen keinen Vorwurf, nur Sorge.

Sie betrachtete sein gutaussehendes, bärtiges Gesicht für eine Weile, ihr Herz schmerzte bei dem Gedanken, ihn zurücklassen zu müssen. Sie wollte in seinen Armen liegen, wollte mit ihren Fingern durch sein welliges braunes Haar fahren. Bei so vielen Gelegenheiten hatte sie ihm sagen wollen, was sie für ihn empfand, aber sie hatte es nie getan. Aber jetzt war die falsche Zeit dazu. Jetzt war die falsche Zeit dazu.

Sie schüttelte den Kopf und sagte, "Ich mußte bleiben! Ich wollte mich vergewissern, daß du in Sicherheit bist!"

Ein Blasterschuß traf die Ecke direkt hinter Jacobah und ließ einen Funkenschauer durch die Luft stäuben. Auf der Stelle drückte er sie instinktiv mit seinem freien Arm gegen die Wand, verzog dabei seinen Rücken als er die Blaster-Pistole in Anschlag brachte.

Zein Zucken war fast so unmerklich wie seine Handbewegung in den Mantel, um seine Seite zu bedecken, dennoch nahm sie beides wahr. Sie zog den grünen Mantel zur Seite. Durch seine Finger hindurch sah sie die runde Brandstelle seiner Kleidung und angesengtes Fleisch.

"Du bist angeschossen worden!?" schrie sie heraus.

"Es ist nichts", sagte er, als er ihre Hand zur Seite fegte und sich umwandte, um um die Ecke zu lugen. Er konnte eine Handvoll Schüße abgeben, war dann aber gezwungen wieder hinter der Abbiegung in Deckung zu gehen da ein Hagel an roten Blaster-Einschlägen die Wand traf.

Er wan

6. VadersBabyBoy

VadersBabyBoy Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    The story was great. I like stories about Shmi and I have a cat named Shmi, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.