main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Advisory Council returns!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Commander Antilles, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    mass email/pm everyone, the personal touch

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    He could call us all on the phone.

Do it with a recorded message and an automatic dialer.

Hi, this is Tellesto with your weekly Advisory Council report. Also, if you want to be happy, send one dollar to "Happy Guy" at 723 Evvergreen Terrace.

3. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    damm i want one of those machines.......it would make my life's work so much easier, that being ego stroking my entire hometown

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Its not as satisfying as one would think. Its fun for awhile, but then come the locusts. And its just all downhill from there.

5. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I want my Chinese New Year theme! ;)

6. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    bah, chinese new year, no good for no one, better we celebreate the hard work of the workers, for Labour Day!

after all, we are all wage slaves, working for the Illuminati/Masons/Catholic Church/Mysterious Space Aliens/Atlantis

7. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I want the Chinese New Year theme too :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    looking for the chinese new year lions and dragons

9. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Secret forums?

This is the thread about the Advisory Council on UBB. Unfortunately, page one is missing, but the serious discussion didn't really start until page two anyway. It's worth a read. I'm glad we could avoid such a fiasco this time around. It's too bad Internet_Drama wasn't here two years ago. ;)

10. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Man, what a trip that was! I remember hearing about that when I first joined the Jedi Council, ironically though I also remember telling someone who asked my opinion of the situation ?I honestly don?t give a damn.? At the time if I could guess that the Advisory Council would have resurrected later on in the life of the Jedi Council, I would have paid attention more thoroughly.

I think the most interesting thing about that thread though is that aside from the flame wars, the contempt driven posts and the longwinded essays, is that the Advisory Council is essentially the same thing today as it was back then. Of course, you fellow members have the knowledge of its existence, and essentially, it is a forum of all members and not just the senior grouping.

Nice find Jeff, I enjoyed that one.

11. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Follow Captain Antilles lead: Roll up a joint, sit back, and inhale.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

12. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Damn, I was artound for the old one. I never even knew about it. Shows you how closley I paid attention.

13. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    You were dumb back then. Still are...

14. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Jeff, it seems that the link doesn't work for me. It says that that page (yes, page 2) doesn't exist on the server.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I can understand peoples frustration with St. Patrick's Day. I believe it is a theme not for colouring reasons but because it is a major day celebrated in parts of the US.

Chinese New Year would be a great theme as this is celbrated or recognised round the world where ever there are chinese communities.

Non Irish people in the UK do not celebrate St. Paddy's Day. The pubs and clubs do because us Brits like a drink or two! It's an excuse to get drunk. When it comes to celebrating the English national saint (St. George) we have ourselves to blame. We do not do enough in our own country to celebrate it so it's a bit cheeky to ask an international message board based in the US to recognise it. I'd love to see the Red & White of the St. George's Cross on the banner on April 23rd but it isn't gonna happen.

Good point about non western posters and St Patrick's Day. I doubt it's as universally recognised as many believe.

If you have an issue about this or anything else then PM one of us and we can bring it up in the AC.

16. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Sorry for coming in so bloody late on this one, but I'd just like to say this is a good idea. And the timing of it is spot on.

Good on you Dagsy for making it on there too.

17. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Will there be more AC updates?

18. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Very soon yes, there will be a three week update either today or tomorrow. I have all the material written down, I just need to arrange it and make it look nice and neat.

I've been off the ball lately because of some personal things, but I'll get back on track.

19. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
  20. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    ohyes, how does go the infamous Advisory Council, have you decided on its final structure yet? i suggest a permanent group that never changes!

21. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Bah, update will be out within a day.

The the bad jokes will be the only permanent features.

You could well be up for a position :p

22. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Hmmm.... us temps will soon be handing over to new members....

There is still some discussion on final structure and the like but at present it's pretty quiet over at the AC.

23. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Heh, the discussion about secret forums is pretty amusing. Some of you guys are paranoid - but if YOU were on the mod squad or the advisory council, would you want to have all the discussions there open to the public? I think not.

Anyway, I think the Advisory Council is a great idea. The mods can't be everywhere at once, and sometimes it's best to have the opinions of those who aren't burdened with the work of moderating and administrating. Thanks for the hard work, and keep it up. :)

Mel

24. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    ohh, expect wild opinion shifts sir!

25. Malazaf

Malazaf Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    So... people are just 'invited' to be members of the council by the mods? Like that?

Hm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.