main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Advisory Council Strikes Back (Weekly update for the month of April)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Tellesto, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, it was mostly the mods suggestions for the first round (it had to be done somehow). This time, everyone is getting together and nutting it out.

2. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Basically, an Advisory Council member is picked (this time around at least) because he or she shows a real love for Star Wars and the Jedi Council...I guess. :D

It's probably best if I don't exactly come right out and say some of the names who are in discussion for the next batch...but they're people who were thought up because they presented a critical opinion of the Jedi Council and its policy without being a judgemental freak.

It's pretty random too, because of the different and wide range of opinions held by the AC members, it's anyone's guess on who Dev will suggest next, or if Dagsy will agree on such a statement.

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    END PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    So, will there be a new update this week? I think that it's better to have weekly ones (glances at Tell to see his reactions ;) ), because as barns said it will be more concise, and furthermore the events mentioned will not be as far from our memories as they are now.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Yes, there will be weekly ones...

I decided to hold off from throwing one out on Friday because it seemed a bad time to bombard the membership with yet MORE info then I had already given.

You tell me though, does this Thursday sound like a good time for the next one? Or would you rather have it at the beginning of the week so you can read it in peace before the AOTC mess?

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    So it is kinda like Parliment, or choosing a new Pope. A bunch of guys go into a smoky room, and pray for inspiration on who shall fill the shoes of the mighty one who has passed before.

(note: I am a devout Catholic, this is NOT making fun of the Pope.)

Can't there be a vote? I always thought public election, like for Senator, etc, would be a lot of fun. :)

7. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    not a public election

it'd turn into a popularity contest

either that, or since there are so many spin-off JC groups, each one would be vying for one of "their people" to get power. whatever power it is that the AC has, that is :p

8. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Yeah, see...we do all of the electing behind closed doors. It's not that I'm against voting, in fact that's how we're narrowing down our choices for the next wave.

But I am against it being a public thing, especially when the final person would be a product of popularity.

9. Rogue2point0

Rogue2point0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    No, no, certainly not a public vote. People would be trying to sway the votes and all kind of junk would go on. I think it's fine the way it is, however that way is. :p

10. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I don't think it really matters when in the week the update comes out, as long as we get them roughly once a week. :)

No problem with closed door elections, as far as I see.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Late this week...gee, I wonder why?

12. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    there should be a Register of Official Cliques and JC groups

13. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Good luck to whoever wants to try.

14. LumpyMaiden

LumpyMaiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    and JC spin-off boards

15. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    well i would reallly want to know, i have been here for a while and have totally lost track of all the groups, if indeed i ever knew about them......and of course they evolve and such, and lets not forget all good crisis on the boards always incorperate them........the most prominent in the past was the Slackers, although of late, that being the last year or so it seems to be "the refuge" which is apparently an invite only group.....although that could just be my imagination, i do recall seeing that posted awhiles back in a signature

16. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Probably best if I don't cover that touchy subject, eh?

There are even more groups on the Jedi Council now then I can keep up with, although I am learning of more and more. Some however, value privacy and would rather not be talked about for fear of being thought of as a "political" power in the Jedi Council.

I'm going to write up the new update either tonight or tomorrow, but I doubt too many will flock to it since Attack of the Clones seems to be our current focus.

17. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Call me hopelessly naivé, but I still believe in the ideals of democracy. Yes, we know that probably much of every election is a popularity contest, but it still works, don't it?!

And anyway, thsi being election year and all for the representitives, I'm all in the mood for democracy. Don't you think it would be fun to have political campaigns? :p

Note- This is only partially in jest, because I know everyone will laugh at me, and laugh at me all the more if it wasn't in jest. But it is an experiment I think woudl be interesting to try at the JC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.