main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Advisory Council Update, Thread II: (March 14-21)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Tellesto, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Once again, it?s that time friend, time to review the events and the choices made in the Advisory Council for the previous week. Now I know that this update on our status is a little slow in coming, a day late for sure, but you must blame my tardiness on work and the hectic schedule of my life.
    I mean to make this a regular event, but for this week I?m just a tad late.

Now on with business, we discussed some very interesting things in the forum this week and I?m sure you?ll want to find out about them and perhaps give your opinions or commentary on the matter.
    First off, on the 14th right around the same time the first Advisory Council thread was updated, another thread popped up in the Jedi Council Community, started by Gundark and targeted towards JediMaster22 as a presumed flame. Some users, including myself, joined in on the entire shenanigans declaring it simplistic fun, but others had various views on the matter.
    Before complaints had even begun on the matter, B?omarr started a thread in the AC forum entitled ?Well, the Scer?s seem to have ruffled some feathers today.? We all took our sides on the issue.

?Giving even popular Slackers colors would upset everyone, even if it was for fun. ... I can hear it already.

The thread concerned me a lot too. I'm thinking it's chalked up as the closest you can come to attacking a member without actually getting banned.
    ? ?Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

?It's flaming, and against the rules. Period.? ?epic

In the end it was decided by NathanDahlin that the thread should be locked and Gundark?s VIP colors taken away, which, you probably already know.

Next on the agenda was more discussion on the creation of a Fine Arts forum, in which many of the Advisory Council members determined that while it?s a nice idea, there isn?t a demand for such a forum. Initially, some users might change the goal of the forum, distort what it was created for by various parody threads, and technically, whatever would be posted in it could be taken to Community.

Following that was a discussion on removing the automatic cap on the Watched Users list, which, many expressed distastes over in the forum. We felt that any movement or useless addition of users to your favorite list is nothing of extreme concern and that members should be free to put whomever they want, without thought to the number of persons.
    Aunt Jar Jar Mimah resolved to possibly contact Zerosleep and see if he could remove the cap on the list.

Around the same time we discussed the possibility of a new Games Forum moderator and listed our choice out of 2 nominations the Administration had narrowed it down to. By now you know what the choice is, and congratulations to him.
    Discussed earlier were the guidelines for the EU-canon discussions and the possibility of a new moderator for that branch of the Spoiler information spectrum, although no names were brought up and no choices mentioned.
    We also talked about the length of time and possibilities of permanent bans in relation with members who have broken the rules, I.E. how long should we keep them banned? Have they shown a strong improvement and newfound respect for the Jedi Council? How would the members feel if banned members were allowed back into the fold? No names can be said, of course, but some discussion on the matter is still going on.

That?s all folks! Next week I?ll date when every major event occurs and I?ll be sure to have the update right on Thursday. Hope this cleared a few things up for this week, I look forward to telling you about next week!

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh, and Spiderdevil gave me a revenge wedgie.

I still cant walk straight :_|

3. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    The pain was too great for me to mention, for I feared it would sully my words.

4. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Its ok Tell.

I'm glad it was Spider and not Auntie...I hear she really knows how to inflict the most wedgie-associated pain.

5. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    That's a bummer. You didn't include the thread about me with all of the responses of "Well he hates everyone" and "Cool!".

6. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Oh right, by the way, we discussed stuff about Joel over here and how glad we are that he's gone.

It didn't seem very interesting, so I kept it out.

:D

7. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Yup. I don't blame them for wanting this terrible monster of hate known as "Preacherboy" out of their lives. He sounds like a real bastard; hating everyone and all that stuff. Makes you wonder...

I think your :D should be a [face_plain] since there is no humor involved in it. Well, unless you're epic.

8. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    Everytime I think of that dude, I picture your icon. He even looks angry like PB! Hahahahahah!

9. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
  10. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    He's p0553553d with no t4ct.

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    what about the concideration for a new lit mod?

12. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    More on that next week.

13. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Why are you talking about this here? The JC Administration knows who it is, and (thank God!) it isn't the two worst possible choices: Bib Fortuna, Twilek or chissdude10.

14. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    HA, thats a great comic.

15. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Best comic on the Net. It's for gamers, though. Do you game?

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    I have an Atari. I play Missle Command.

17. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Moi? Too cheap to buy a game (EDIT: Always happy to burn a friends game, but most of them dont game) , and slow net connection (56K). Hence not much gaming.

Chiss, the Lit mod should be known any day now...

18. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Im touched people think of me so highly

19. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    no mention of me in dispatches again!

i shall have to up my campaign of civil disobedience.......I Am the spiritual inheritor of Gandhi after all

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    I look forward to telling you about next week!

What are you talking about? You're mentioned right there.

21. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    "Once again, it?s that time friend,"

I notice you didnt use that quote, DDH.

Is that a hint about how everyone feels about Humble? ;)

EDIT: Added the smiley.

Dont ever forget the smiley. Thats how the Middle East got started.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Mine's actually the last lione of the post, so I don't have to scroll up as far to find it. That extra bit of scrolling would have tired me out too much and left me no energy to actuall pos

23. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Wow. You're shaping up to be a great addition to the majority of the Admins! I'm so glad I nominated you! [face_laugh]

24. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    You may no longer be a mod, but your legacy shall live on forever.
    Unfortunately ;)

25. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Just curious, but is Tell in charge of writing this every week, or will you all take turns later on?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.