CT The Aftermath of the Emperor's fate

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JevanShevu, Jan 6, 2013.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Greed? A desire for control? Fear that if he doesn't have it, at some point he might be caught without it? We don't ever have an onscreen recitation of the Sith Code to help us out on that one. ;)
  2. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    From a filmmaking perspective, things like that are done to cemement an important character's death. Just to reassure the audience that they're REALLY dead. Darth Maul had a red mist rise surround him for the same reason.

Yes, I know the EU didn't really buy into that.
  3. MRCynical Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Whatever LFL say about it (and as much as I like The Clone Wars as a series) I think the Darth Maul resurrection has an obstacle in the rule that anything in the EU directly contradicting the films is non-canon (I'd apply the same to the 'Emperor clones').
    SlashMan likes this.
  4. JediMasterChiefYoda Force Ghost

star 3
    If you rewatch Maul getting cut in half, the shadows on his face show a light source from around his wound, flaring up. Could it have been flame coming out of him as he was cut? If so, then the Emperor could have hit a bend in the pit and literally have blown up (depending on what he hit, how much energy was released when he hit coupled with the force lightening). Dooku didn't have anything, but then he was Sith for about a decade, while he was a Jedi for how long? The AotC novelization says he was Qui-Gon's Master. Qui-Gon was in his 60s when he died, so Dooku was easily 80. That kind of time as a Jedi must have had some effect on the dark energy.
  5. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    This is also said in the film.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face