main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Age of Heroes (post-NJO AU: Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, L/M, H/L, Tahiri, Kyp,Jag) Sequel 2/2/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Spike: I suppose Danni will shoot Jacen with a Gun of Command and then take him deep into the Unknown Regions into enemy territory

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

You may be right [face_whistling] :p

Thanks for reading :)

Sil: J/TK arranged marriage! I get to see it at last, don't I? I always wanted to see a fic with that in it but could never write one.

If they get married, I will probably show it :p

Thanks, Sil :)

poku: Merry Xmas to everyone by the way

And to you as well :D

Merry Christmas [:D]

Hope you all have wonderful holiday :D :) [face_dancing]

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I don't think it's likely, or else it would have happened in either TJK or TUQ. Danni doesn't even care about Jacen and pretty much said that she loved her new job the most in TUF. Besides, she wouldn't be any match against Jace or TK.

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_laugh]

That Tenel Ka, she's such a joker. Sending the old witch on this mission? ROFLMAO!

Can't wait to read Jacen's response. o_O

This is a great conversation between Luke and Cal - with Luke's principles and Cal's interests at stake. Great job!

oldj

Merry Holidays!

4. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Merry Christmas! I'm having fun, spending the holidays with my family. I hope all of you are too. This fic is becoming one of my favorates in this furom.

Later and a Happy New Year!

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    It was a joke, Sil :p

6. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Jacen better not accept TK's offer. Your trailer may make it look like he does, but I know they can be misleading. [face_shame_on_you]

You described their relationship to a T... before Dark Nest screwed it up. :mad: Though you perfectly captured the selfish Tenel Ka from that series. :p

And I hope Danni pwns her like in Tahi's mudwrestling fic. 8-}

7. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Merry Christmas all... I'm only a little late. [face_tired]

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sil: I don't think it's likely, or else it would have happened in either TJK or TUQ. Danni doesn't even care about Jacen and pretty much said that she loved her new job the most in TUF. Besides, she wouldn't be any match against Jace or TK.

Yeah, wait till you see what happens to her in TSW :(

oldj: That Tenel Ka, she's such a joker. Sending the old witch on this mission? ROFLMAO!

She doesn't want Ta'a Chume to have too much free time for ploting :p

Can't wait to read Jacen's response.

I think it's in Chapter 9. And one of my favorite chapters O:)

This is a great conversation between Luke and Cal - with Luke's principles and Cal's interests at stake. Great job!

Thank you so much :D

Merry Holidays!

Happy Holidays ;)

FORCEBlLADE: Merry Christmas! I'm having fun, spending the holidays with my family. I hope all of you are too.

Yep, had a nice day with my family :D Had a great time!

This fic is becoming one of my favorates in this furom.

Thank you. We'll finally start to get into the plot now ;)

Later and a Happy New Year!

Thanks! Happy New Year to you too [face_dancing]

Whitey: Jacen better not accept TK's offer. Your trailer may make it look like he does, but I know they can be misleading.

I would never do anything to mislead you, Whitey O:)

You described their relationship to a T... before Dark Nest screwed it up. Though you perfectly captured the selfish Tenel Ka from that series.

[face_laugh]

I'm glad you liked the J/D stuff in TLF at least :p

And I hope Danni pwns her like in Tahi's mudwrestling fic.

Yeah, I bet you liked that one [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading :D

TSF: Merry Christmas all... I'm only a little late.

Merry Christmas [:D]

Hoping to have a new post up tomorrow. We get to see what Han and Leia have been up to! [face_dancing]

9. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Oh that's too beautiful for words. Jacen on the end of a political alliance made by marriage [face_laugh]

Jacen has very strong convictions? he's the most principled person I've ever known, and I can think of at least a dozen things he'll object to about the Queen's offer off of the top of my head.

Loved that part! So different than say the Jacen in TSW o_O

The political discussion was well done and I thought Luke was very Luke in this scene. Bravo as always =D=

10. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Yeah, wait till you see what happens to her in TSW

Something. Happens. To Danni? :mad:

I've been so out of the loop that I didn't realize that TSW was out already. What happens to her? Tell me! Tell me now!!! :_| *pulls hair out of head and jumps out of window*

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    TKL: Oh that's too beautiful for words. Jacen on the end of a political alliance made by marriage

Thanks, I'm glad you found it amusing [face_mischief]

Loved that part! So different than say the Jacen in TSW

Not really, that's Luke's opinon of him in TSW too [face_whistling]

The political discussion was well done and I thought Luke was very Luke in this scene. Bravo as always

Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Whitey: Something. Happens. To Danni?
    I've been so out of the loop that I didn't realize that TSW was out already. What happens to her? Tell me! Tell me now!!! *pulls hair out of head and jumps out of window*

Sent you a PM [face_devil]

Sorry for the delay [face_blush] New post is finished and ready to go in a few minutes [face_dancing] :D :)

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 7: Ossus

The skies above the planet Ossus are filled with flashes of horizontal lightning, violet and white forks that reach out to lick the graying storm clouds and disappear before they taste, existing only on the insides of beings' eyelids watching below.

It wasn't always like this.

It is an atmosphere created by war.

Ossus was once the home of a Jedi training center thousands of years ago in the Old Republic, where legendary Jedi trained and learned to serve the Force. Wars with the Sith had forever changed the world, leaving it prone to bizarre electrical storms because of the destruction.

Today each blast of light is a portent of the war to come.

Once again the planet is home to a Jedi Academy, where Jedi have gathered to study and deepen their connection with the great life energy that binds all things together. The academy is built into the rust-colored stone that covers the world, clean metal melded with rock in a wide towering temple which has been constructed over the remains of what the Old Republic left behind, and the petrified form of Jedi Master Ood Bnar who sacrificed himself to protect some of the Jedi secrets.

More than a hundred of the most powerful beings in the galaxy reside here— beings who see things the way most never will, and who can do what most will never imagine. In the Force, they stand out like candles in the dark of night, white beacons of light that can shine out with the stars— and none burn brighter than the woman in one of the academy's training rooms.

At fifty-one, she is one of the oldest students there, and her modest form would be deceptive of her true power if not immediately off-set by the strength she exudes.

It is a strength that goes beyond physical, for inside her small body is a will of durasteel, unbending— it is hindrance to her enemies and a pillar to her friends.

But her true power is almost dormant, a nearly untapped resource— for in her veins runs Darth Vader's blood. Out of a mixture of fear of her family history and extraordinary obligations to the galaxy, she has shunted her obligation to the Force.

For the first time in her life, Leia Organa Solo is truly surrendering herself over to the Force. In her hands she holds the first lightsaber she has ever constructed, discarding the weapon her brother had given her in the interest of taking the path of a traditional Jedi.

The amethyst blade flashes out as she is assailed by a cadre of training droids and what follows is an overwhelming massacre that will keep the academy's droid techs busy for days.

What has brought this change on? This desire to do what she has dreaded for so long? It was more than years of guilt or simply envying the abilities of her brother and children. The true impetus comes from her realization at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, that her lack of Jedi training did more than leave her defenseless at times— it actually put billions of others in danger.

For the first time, Leia got a true taste of the dark side of the Force and saw that she too was capable of evil. She had fallen in with Callista Ming and her New Potentium, who were determined to destroy the Yuuzhan Vong.

How fast Leia had fallen, too weak to fight off Callista's persuasions and too vulnerable to want to.

Even if her theft of Alpha Red hadn't assured the end of her political career in the Alliance, she wouldn't go back. She needs to become a Jedi Knight to assure that she can never be used in such a way again.

So that she can fulfill her destiny.

In the end, it will be Leia who leads the Jedi, who fights without hope against the unstoppable darkness that will claim the galaxy.

And she will meet her fate as a guardian of the light.

Rushing through their quarters at the Jedi Temple as the sound of the holocomm beeped loudly, Han Solo had one predominant thought running through his groggy mind— I hate being woken up by alarms. Of all the possible shrieks and buzzes he could be woken up by, the holocomm was the least pleasant because he had no idea who he was going to find on the other end and what crisis they would put him in.

His favorite alarm? The Falcon’s hyperspace reversion alarm.

As Han passed through the living room, he ran his fingers through his sleep-matted hair and tried to get his mind ready to have a conversation. The truth was, that for the first time since his children were very young, Han Solo was happy. His marriage with Leia had led to a life fraught with never-ending dangers and war, his family so often the targets of the galaxy's maniacs.

For the first time, he and Leia were together in a time of peace when she wasn't trying to solve all the galaxy's problems. With the Yuuzhan Vong War over and Leia out of any public office, she was free to pursue training as a Jedi and Han was free to simply come along for the ride and be her husband. A younger Han would have looked at this retirement and scoffed at the lack of excitement, but the older and wiser Han Solo, who was no less handsome, his wife assured him, knew that the danger would come around soon enough and he would regret wishing for it when it arrived.

This was not to say that his life was perfect. He felt great pangs of sadness when he thought about Chewbacca, though now he was better able to focus on the fond memories of his friend that reminded him of the joy it was to have known the Wookiee at all. He also still worried about his children constantly— while it was a time of peace for he and most others, the Jedi seemed to be jumping from conflict to conflict trying to save the galaxy one mission at a time. The last he'd heard, Jaina had some time off finally after that business with the Vagaari in the Unknown Regions and Anakin was going to Corellia and then Sullust to stop Warlord Vyler— again. Jacen was heard from so rarely that Han found himself worrying about his oldest son the most.

Still, he had come to accept that his children could handle almost anything and that he had to trust that they knew what they were doing, instead of trying to protect them.

He finally reached the small cove-like sitting area where they kept the holocomm and vidscreen, decorated with comfortable chairs and some well placed holographs, only to find C-3PO staring at the beeping device.

"Threepio? What are you doing, I was asleep?" Han asked angrily. "Why don't you answer that?"

The droid slowly turned to face him with small steps of his stiff legs, glowing yellow photoreceptors starring blankly at Han as his golden body gleamed.

"Why, Captain Solo," he responded in his prissy tone. "You forbid me from ever answering the comm after that incident with the holomarketer."

"Oh yeah," Han remarked. "I still don't know what we're going to do with all these cleaning droids."

The hero of the Battle of Endor was broken out of his reverie as the comm beeped again, and he pushed the protocol droid out of the way so he could activate the unit.

Han's agitation immediately turned to elation as the image of his daughter appeared. Calls from Jaina were slightly less frequent than Anakin— which always surprised Han, because his youngest son spoke so seldom as a child— but still, far more regular than Jacen.

Without the Force, however, he could sense that something was wrong. His daughter's smile was veneer, her hair meticulously brushed, as if she did so to avoid looking distraught. Her brown eyes were the giveaway, shadows lying a little too heavily beneath them as if she'd been up all night struggling with something.

Something was not right...

Still, he smiled back, always thrilled to see his oldest child. "Hey, sweetie— it's good to see you."

Jaina's pink lips twisted into something more genuine. "It's good to see you too, Dad. And Threepio, of course," she added, glancing at the droid.

"Why, thank you, Mistress Jaina. I hoped you have had some rest since that awful business in the Unknown Regions."

"I have... too much really."

As his daughter's familiar gaze again settled on Han, he couldn't stop himself. "You look tired, Jaina."

"Gee, thanks," Jaina replied, as if wounded.

"You know what I mean— something's up? I don't think you called just to see how repairs on the Falcon are going."

Jaina played it out a little longer, rolling her eyes. "We both knew I brought it back from Voltijan without a mark on it!"

"From what I've heard, you used it to run a Vagaari blockade— I'm sure you damaged something; I just haven't found it yet— but you're avoiding the issue. Something has happened."

"How... I don't remember you being this perceptive of my emotions when I was growing up."

"That's because I had to ignore your feelings to toughen you up— I was afraid you kids were going to be a little too delicate because of all the time you were spending with Captain Courage over here," Han said, jerking his thumb in Threepio's direction. "It was my job as your father to look out for things like that and counteract them— now would you tell me what's going on?"

Jaina sighed. "Well, okay but this is really something Mom needs to hear as well—"

"Just a second," Han interrupted. He'd just heard the whoosh of air in the entryway of their quarters' door being opened. "Your mom has just arrived."

It was only a few seconds before a face Han was even more familiar with showed itself, her lips turning up slightly when their eyes met. Even after all those years, he still felt his pulse quicken when Leia Organa Solo entered a room.

Her hair was now streaked with strands of white, and Han admired the fact that she didn't bother to color it, though he wasn't surprised— she'd done everything else in her life gracefully, why not "age" as well? Her forehead was damp with perspiration from another workout. Now in her fifties, Leia was in the best shape of her life, a product of her Jedi training. While he certainly wouldn't complain, it did make Han a little self-conscious as he noticed himself developing a slight paunch that he had to really work to keep off, and even then it was still lurking.

Leia's brown eyes lit up further when she noticed the face on the vid screen and didn't even greet her husband. "Jaina!" Her excitement quickly dissolved and her brow furrowed with concern. "What's wrong?"

Jaina rolled her eyes. "Maybe I should call back when you two aren't acting so creepy."

Leia half sat on the arm of the large chair Han had fallen into. "Is this about that ship and Callista? It was all over the HoloNet last night..."

Jaina appeared uncomfortable. "That's certainly part of it."

"What is that thing? The HoloNet doesn't have any footage of it yet, but I'm not sure I'd believe it if they did— one broadcast reported that Callista was now part Bothan."

"There's only so much I can say, even over a secure channel, Dad— but do you remember the ship I told you about in Chiss space?"

"Really?" Leia asked, eyebrow quirked. "That's interesting."

Jag Fel had shown Jaina an alien spy ship the Chiss had captured years before and believe belonged to some hidden threat. The revelation that it was the same type of ship sent a chill down Han's spine.

"What about Callista?" Leia asked. "What's her story?"

"I don't know much, Mom, but I know it's got everyone here worried."

Perhaps the part that bothered Han the most about the story out of Denon was the fact that it centered around Callista Ming. Luke Skywalker's former lover had formed a rogue group calling themselves the "New Potentium" bent on the destruction of the Yuuzhan Vong and had managed to capture Leia and brain twist her to their cause. After failing to exterminate the aliens with Alpha Red, Callista had helped the Alliance by fighting at the Place of Sacrifice in the Battle of Coruscant, but soon after she had completely vanished. Weeks later, the members of the New Potentium who were waiting for their master's return on the Gray Truth were discovered brutally murdered.

It was widely believed to be Callista's doing in a rage over her own failure.

The one saving grace in it all was that he HoloNet knew nothing about the entire affair. In fact, only the Jedi and a few high-ranking officials in the Alliance and Chiss governments knew anything of the New Potentium or Leia's involvement, sparing his wife what would have been a very negative media frenzy.

"Luke wants me to come and speak with him and Director Nylykerka about my experience with Callista, doesn't he?"

"Yes," Jaina admitted. "you were one of the last people to see her at Coruscant and were part of the New Potentium— you probably know her better than even Uncle Luke thinks he does. Mara suggested that you come in and give a detailed account of everything to help prove or disprove Callista's story— Dad too."

Han nodded. "We can have the Falcon on its way to Denon in a matter of hours, hon."

"No, no— do not do that," Jaina replied emphatically. "The last thing the GFI needs is more HoloNet attention on this thing, and if the former Chief of State of the New Republic and the great Han Solo suddenly show up on Denon the day after this stealth ship arrives, you can bet every holojournalist in the galaxy will be trying to dig up why. If they ever found out about Alpha Red or your involvement with Callista, Mom, it would do a lot of damage to the Alliance and the Jedi alike— not to mention our family. They can never find out. You and Dad waltzing in right now would only encourage them to try."

"So what do you suggest we do?" Leia asked. Han caught a flicker of guilt that ran over his wife's features at what her actions three years before had cost them— that her children might have been ashamed.

"Take a few days— as far as I can tell, there's no rush— Mara seems all too happy to let Callista sweat awhile. Wait at least three days before leaving. If there's nothing new to feed this story on the HoloNet, it will eventually die down and your appearance on Denon won't be as conspicuous— or as likely to draw connections between you and Callista."

Han traced the scar on his chin thoughtfully. "All right— three days, no more. We'll be on Denon in three days."

Glancing over at his wife, Han saw that she had turned very pale and was shivering slightly. "This is very serious, isn't it?" Han asked, turning back to Jaina.

"I feel that it is," Jaina admitted, eyes heavy, almost looking guilty. "After what happened on Voltijan... I feel that a war is coming."

Silence filled the Solo's apartment except for the metallic "Oh, dear!" From C-3PO.

Finally Leia looked back up at her daughter's glum face on the vidscreen. "There's something else— something you're not telling us... The real reason why you called today."

Jaina blew out a sigh, a few loose strands of hair riding the current of warm breath as she did. "Remind me not to have any secrets around you two."

"Consider yourself reminded," Han said dryly. "Now out with it."

"All right... You guys know the Alliance is in pretty bad shape right now— financially, politically, militarily."

"Of course," Leia replied. "It's an election year and we're just coming out of one of the most brutal wars this galaxy has ever seen."

"Okay— well, Cal Omas has negotiated a deal with the Hapans that would solve a lot of those— at least on the surface... it's become especially urgent with the possibility of another war on the horizon."

"What are the terms?" Han asked suspiciously. He didn't like or trust the Hapans— they were a society of back-stabbing manipulating snobs whose lust for power made him sick— it didn't help that he had had nothing but bad experiences with the Consortium and Leia had been courted by the Hapan Prince, Isolder.

"The Alliance would get a significant amount of financial aid from the Hapans, as well as military support as they would officially and fully become a part of the Galactic Alliance."

Leia's brow arched. "Join the Alliance? Cal has been trying to get them to do that since he took office; that's amazing... what do the Hapans want in exchange for all of this?"

Jaina took a deep breath before answering.

"Jacen."

This time even Threepio was silent.

It was Han who finally managed to choke out the word, "Solo?"

Jaina rolled her eyes. "Of course, Dad. They want him to marry Tenel Ka and help her rule as the first King of Hapes."

"What? You better start explaining this all, because I'm so confused I feel like I finally know what it's like to be Threepio."

Jaina quickly explained what Cal had told Luke the night before as Han and Leia listened on in astonishment to the details of the proposed deal.

"I don't like it," Han blurted as soon as she was finished. "The Hapans are always bad news— I don't want any child of mine tied up in their schemes, least of all at the top of their government. Do you have any idea how many assassins Jacen would have to worry about as 'King' of that place?"

"I'm inclined to agree," Leia added, surprising Han slightly. "I know it's probably selfish of me, but I don't like the idea of my son having an arranged marriage with someone— even Tenel Ka."

"Like the one you almost had with Isolder?" Jaina asked with a smirk. "I heard you nearly said 'yes'."

"Like Hutt she did," Han interrupted. "Your mother was only trying to make me jealous with that idiot— playing hard to get as usual."

Leia ignored Han's comments and said to Jaina, "all the more reason why I know Jacen shouldn't get involved here. Hapan politics are as dirty and malicious as they come— I can't see him in that world— I can't even see him agreeing to this on moral grounds."

"Even to prevent a possible war, or prepare us better for it?" Jaina asked.

Her mother was silent for a moment before answering softly. "I don't know."

Of all their children, Jacen was by far the most complex to Han, and the one he had the most difficulty understanding. One would think that the young man's similarities to Leia would make it easier on Han, but in truth, his wife still baffled him at times, even after twenty-four years of marriage.

Of all their children, Jacen was also the one they'd seen the least of in the last three years. For reasons unknown to Han, his oldest son had went into seclusion, studying the Force and searching for answers in some private quest.

As Leia had said, Han found it hard to believe that Jacen would agree to the Hapans' proposed deal with the Alliance.

"So you don't think I should take this to Jacen?" Jaina asked.

Han realized for the first time that this was why Jaina had called— she'd been tasked with informing Jacen and wanted to get her parents' opinion on whether she should even burden her twin brother with making such a choice. Leia looked thoughtful. "No... No, it's Jacen's decision to make. He should be given the choice. Are you sure you don't want your father and I to come with you to speak with Jacen? Since we have a few days to kill before things are calm enough for us to go to Denon?"

Han could see that his wife wanted to be there for their son, and probably be the one to bear the news to him— perhaps she was just interested in seeing Jacen after so long.

"No," Jaina shook her head. "I can handle this... it should be me, I think."

"You're right," Leia nodded after a moment.

Jaina and Jacen were twins and held a deep bond amplified by their even deeper connection to the Force. They had been the best of friends throughout most of their lives— it would be more comfortable for Jacen to hear the news from her than his parents.

"I've gotta go," Jaina said distractedly. "I should be back by the time you two make it to Denon, or soon after— I'll see you both then."

"Looking forward to it, kid," Han replied. "We love you."

"I love you too."

With that, the screen went black and Han and Leia were left with nothing more than their doubts and C-3PO.

"Why that was quite an alarming communiqué."

Han ignored the droid and turned to his wife, giving her hand a squeeze. "Why do I get the feeling I'm about to come out of retirement?"

"Retirement?" Leia asked, one slender eyebrow arched. "Is that what you call it? Han, you helped put down a rebellion on Ansion only a month ago."

"Yeah, but that wasn't that dangerous— Threepio didn't even try to tell me the odds."

"But sir, you said that if I ever told you the odds of one of your maneuvers again, you'd," C-3PO paused, the droid equivalent of a gulp, "sell me for scrap."

"Still...It was mostly diplomatic work. You'd be surprised what a pretty face can accomplish."

"Captain Solo, you turned your blaster on the Ansion Ruling Council and—"

"Threepio," Han said, covering the droid's vocoder. "I don't think Leia wants you to bore her with the mundane details of that mission."

To Han's relief, his wife didn't appear to be paying attention to any of the exchange.

"I don't like this Han... it isn't good," Leia continued. "Callista returning, this alien ship... something's happening and I feel like we won't see what it is until it's too late."

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    first reply, right? I know my Jacen's going to say yes.

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm glad you've given Han and Leia some peace. Though with their children, I'm surprised they aren't stressed to the max. The banter between Han and Jaina was good too.

15. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    In the end, it will be Leia who leads the Jedi, who fights without hope against the unstoppable darkness that will claim the galaxy.

Really? :cool: Well, at least the first part, anyway. Wait - but what about Luke? :eek: Um, maybe not so cool after all. Nevermind.

Jaina rolled her eyes. "Maybe I should call back when you two aren't acting so creepy."

[face_laugh] Parents are like that... [face_mischief][face_whistling]

"Like the one you almost had with Isolder?" Jaina asked with a smirk. "I heard you nearly said 'yes'."

"Like Hutt she did," Han interrupted. "Your mother was only trying to make me jealous with that idiot? playing hard to get as usual."

[face_laugh] Women are like that... [face_batting][face_whistling]

"Yeah, but that wasn't that dangerous? Threepio didn't even try to tell me the odds."

"But sir, you said that if I ever told you the odds of one of your maneuvers again, you'd," C-3PO paused, the droid equivalent of a gulp, "sell me for scrap."

"Still...It was mostly diplomatic work. You'd be surprised what a pretty face can accomplish."

"Captain Solo, you turned your blaster on the Ansion Ruling Council and?"

"Threepio," Han said, covering the droid's vocoder. "I don't think Leia wants you to bore her with the mundane details of that mission."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Han and Threepio are just priceless! :D

Great post, as always! :D :D

16. poku_29

poku_29 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2005
    Great one, yet again!

And she will meet her fate as a guardian of the light.

I'm not sure if its only my mother language in which it doesen't sound good if somebody meets his/her fate in a war. You wouldent PIIP Leia. No you coulden't. It's only my interpretation with Finnish language. Yeah, thats what it is. Right,,, [face_worried]
    It sounds good however, that you are again giving time for Leia to be the heroine as a jedi fighter as well. i believe that we haven't seen her true potential even close yet.

For some weird reason I always really enjoy it when I read lines of a dialogue between Han or Lando and Threepio. These that you wrote, eventhough there werent many, were really nice.

Great work
    Hope the next chapter comes soon

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Sil: first reply, right? I know my Jacen's going to say yes.

We'll see soon ;) Thanks for reading :D

RM: I'm glad you've given Han and Leia some peace.

Yeah, it's about time :p

Though with their children, I'm surprised they aren't stressed to the max. The banter between Han and Jaina was good too.

Thanks :D Yeah, they must just go crazy imagining what their kids are doing. Probably can't even sleep!

Scoundrel: Really? Well, at least the first part, anyway. Wait - but what about Luke? Um, maybe not so cool after all. Nevermind.

What about Luke? [face_whistling]

Parents are like that...

I've noticed [face_thinking]

Women are like that...

No comment :p

Han and Threepio are just priceless!

Yeah, I love them :D Glad you liked it.

Great post, as always!

Thank you :)

poku: Great one, yet again!

I'm not sure if its only my mother language in which it doesen't sound good if somebody meets his/her fate in a war. You wouldent PIIP Leia. No you coulden't. It's only my interpretation with Finnish language. Yeah, thats what it is. Right,,,

I can't really tell you what I have planned for Leia [face_mischief]

It sounds good however, that you are again giving time for Leia to be the heroine as a jedi fighter as well. i believe that we haven't seen her true potential even close yet.

I agree :) Hopefully we'll see something of it soon ;)

For some weird reason I always really enjoy it when I read lines of a dialogue between Han or Lando and Threepio. These that you wrote, eventhough there werent many, were really nice.

Thank you. I always love writing and reading Han & Threepio. They're great :D

Great work
    Hope the next chapter comes soon

It will I think ;) And thanks again :)

18. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    I love the way you wrote the father/daughter relationship between Han and Jaina; it was so open. I don't envy Jaina going to Jacen with the Hapan's proposal. Who knows..Jacen may surprise everyone in his family. Great post!

19. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    *Morgoth steps into thread finally and looks around*

Woah.

Oaky, I've missed quite a bit. I'm busy catching up on all the posts so I have only a linear review so far...

Storyline interesting and leaves me wanting more, the characterizations are very good, but then I wouldn't expect anything less, I liked the interactions between Han and Co. in the last post (I skipped a bit, sorry, I'll go back) but so far, I'm really wondering where A and T are at, unless I'm missing a post that is. Can't wait to see where this one goes YodaKenobi, so far it seems like the calm before the storm and from what I can tell, the forecast looks VERY gloomy, which is cool. (Larger review to come when I've caught all the way up)

Morgoth, Dark lord of being late to every fafic he's supposed to be reading. miraculously, they are all mostly YodaKenobis', hmm.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!!

20. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awsome post!!!

"Retirement?" Leia asked, on slender eyebrow arched. "Is that what you call it? Han, you helped put down a rebellion on Ansion only a month ago."

"Yeah, but that wasn't that dangerous? Threepio didn't even try to tell me the odds . . . Still...It was mostly diplomatic work. You'd be surprised what a pretty face can accomplish."

"Captain Solo, you turned your blaster on the Ansion Ruling Council and?"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Favorit part so far!

Really looking foward to seeing how Jacen's going to react. I can't decide whether he's going to be completly horrified and say no or if he's going to actually agree to it. I guess I'll just have to wait til the next post (at least I hope it happens in the next post)

21. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    I'm still trying to decide whether your secretly Zahn, or secretly Stover

22. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    I loved this chapter, if only for the banter. [face_laugh]

There was other good stuff, too. :p

23. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Though that won´t make much sense, I think he is secretly Cummings or McKenzie. :p

<favorite fanfiction authors of mine from the X-Men and Buffy universes>

Magnus

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Wyn: I love the way you wrote the father/daughter relationship between Han and Jaina; it was so open.

Thanks, I had fun writing that scene.

I don't envy Jaina going to Jacen with the Hapan's proposal. Who knows..Jacen may surprise everyone in his family. Great post!

Thanks for reading! :)

Morgoth: *Morgoth steps into thread finally and looks around*

Yay!

Woah.
    Oaky, I've missed quite a bit. I'm busy catching up on all the posts so I have only a linear review so far...
    Storyline interesting and leaves me wanting more, the characterizations are very good, but then I wouldn't expect anything less,

Thanks so much :D

I liked the interactions between Han and Co. in the last post (I skipped a bit, sorry, I'll go back) but so far, I'm really wondering where A and T are at, unless I'm missing a post that is.

We will see A and T in the next post [face_whistling]

Can't wait to see where this one goes YodaKenobi, so far it seems like the calm before the storm and from what I can tell, the forecast looks VERY gloomy, which is cool. (Larger review to come when I've caught all the way up)

Yeah, this will get fairly dark, I think [face_mischief]

Morgoth, Dark lord of being late to every fafic he's supposed to be reading. miraculously, they are all mostly YodaKenobis', hmm.

heh, no worries ;) Thanks for reading!

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!!

Happy New Year to you as well [face_dancing]

melissa: Awsome post!!!

Thanks! :D

Favorit part so far!

Hehe, I'm glad you liked it.

Really looking foward to seeing how Jacen's going to react. I can't decide whether he's going to be completly horrified and say no or if he's going to actually agree to it. I guess I'll just have to wait til the next post (at least I hope it happens in the next post)

It will actually be in chapter 9, so you'll have to wait one more post before we see Jacen. Thanks so much for reading :)

Mouf: I'm still trying to decide whether your secretly Zahn, or secretly Stover

Good to see you :D

And I'm neither Zahn or Stover, but I appreciate the confusion :p

Whitey: I loved this chapter, if only for the banter.

Thanks, I'm glad :D

There was other good stuff, too.

Hehe, I'm glad for that too ;) Thanks for reading!

Magnuskn: Though that won´t make much sense, I think he is secretly Cummings or McKenzie. :p
    <favorite fanfiction authors of mine from the X-Men and Buffy universes>

Afraid not :p I'm just plain old YodaKenobi [face_batting]

New post will be up in a few days. We will get to see Tahiri for the first time! Thanks to everyone who's been reading :)

25. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I love to see Han & Leia interact with their kids... very well done!

Also I've really been enjoying how you've been weaving all your storylines together. It makes for very rich storytelling and feels very "Star War-sy." :p =D=