Beyond The Age of Heroes (post-NJO AU: Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, L/M, H/L, Tahiri, Kyp,Jag) Sequel 2/2/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jagsredlady Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone wise once told me that if you can't be in first place, be in last place. Either way, you'll get noticed. [face_batting] So here I am, last to review again. [face_laugh]

They certainly can't tell what Callista had meant to him at one time...

[face_puke] :p

Luke often wishes he were as shrewd as his wife.

But he isn't. For all his wisdom, Luke Skywalker still retains some of his innocence from boyhood, and enthusiasm that will stay with him to the end.

It is his part to play. Everyone's actions will bring about the end in one way or another, and Luke's more than most.

This is where Denon is cast into darkness.

[face_worried] Geez, you certainly know how to paint a picture of gloom. Why do I think that Luke's naivete will cause some unpleasant things to happen? *slaps Skywalker* Snap out of it! [face_plain]

"You asked for Skywalker," Mara said, confidently taking the seat opposite the gray-eyed woman. "That's me now incase you hadn't heard."

[face_laugh] You go, Mara. [face_dancing]

Callista took a deep breath, as if she was also overcome by the emotion of the situation. "It was an army like no other I've ever seen. This empire has conquered thousands of peoples, enslaved and incorporated them into their war machine. That stealth ship is just a pebble in an asteroid field. Their fleet of ships dwarfs what the Alliance has and their firepower is insurmountable.

Somebody give this woman an Academy Award, or whatever the equivalent of it is in the GFFA. :p I don't trust her. [/voice-Mace] [face_thinking]

"They have been watching us, preparing for this moment for centuries, when they would destroy us and the galaxy would be theirs. They are strong, and cunning, and ruthless, and they are coming here for us.

"Faybol showed me that we are doomed."

Someone's up to no good, but who? [face_worried] Curiouser and curiouser.

Wonderful post as usual, YK. Even when it's not a fast-paced action scene, you manage to create that edge-of-your-seat feeling. I really liked the interrogation scene, very well done. :) Both Callista and Mara seemed to be posturing, and Luke squirmed a bit. [face_laugh]

The plot thickens and I can't wait for more. :cool:
  2. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Magnuskn: What´s a "promise" about that? Sounds more like a "threat" to me.

:D

I love your long chapters, so go go long chapters!

I appreciate that, thanks :)

sporky: Of course you are...you wouldn't have invented him if you weren't!

I didn't invent him, his parents did :p

Hm...I know I have that one. I'll have to go reread it then.

The Dark Tide books rule!

*squeals* New post!

:D

Red: Someone wise once told me that if you can't be in first place, be in last place. Either way, you'll get noticed.

I like that say, but I'd notice you anywhere you posted [face_batting]

So here I am, last to review again.

Glad to have you ;)

[face_puke]

[face_clean_up_on_aisle_5]

Geez, you certainly know how to paint a picture of gloom.

I'm a very depressing person [face_plain]

Why do I think that Luke's naivete will cause some unpleasant things to happen? *slaps Skywalker* Snap out of it!

Your insight serves you well ;) It will [face_mischief]

You go, Mara.

[face_laugh]

Somebody give this woman an Academy Award, or whatever the equivalent of it is in the GFFA. I don't trust her. [/voice-Mace]

I don't trust her either [face_worried]

Someone's up to no good, but who? Curiouser and curiouser.

I can't tell you yet [face_shhh]

Wonderful post as usual, YK. Even when it's not a fast-paced action scene, you manage to create that edge-of-your-seat feeling.

Thank you, I'm glad it was still exciting :)

I really liked the interrogation scene, very well done. Both Callista and Mara seemed to be posturing, and Luke squirmed a bit.

Wouldn't you be in his shoes? How uncomfortable *giggles*

The plot thickens and I can't wait for more.

Thanks so much for reading :) :D
  3. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chapter 3: The Piringiisi Wheel

Inside one of the sixteen hangers on the outer ring of the Piringiisi Wheel, a cadre of Warlord Vyler's battle droids watch as two Jedi Interceptors are pulled through the blue glow of the energy seal by the battle station's tractor beam. The droids are bulky and powerful, taller than the average human male with thick reinforced laminanium plating that can regenerate and incases droid brains from Telti. Heavy blaster canons are built into their fists, which are strong enough to smash through most beings skull as easily as they would bash an egg, while two glowing red eyes are fixed into the droids' stout heads.

They are meant to intimidate and they do a fine job of it throughout Sullust.

Fear is as much a weapon as the battle station itself? the real weapon where Rivult Vyler is concerned. His campaign to take control of the SoroSuub world is as much appearance as force.

Terror is his true weapon.

Fear is control.

The SoroSuub Guard Units are the symbolic face of it all, and two dozen of them are now surrounding the Jedi Interceptors with their fists aimed at the transparent canopies as the fighters are lowered to the deck, the power cells for their blaster cannons humming in a rising pitch.

They have no intention of taking the Jedi alive.

But that's okay, because the two Jedi inside the Eta-7's have no intention of going quietly.

As the Interceptors are released from the tractor beam and dropped unceremoniously to the hanger deck, the SGU's realize Vyler's miscalculation. Their droid brains make the connection moments before the green fire lancing out from their captives' vessels incinerates armor plating, servomotors, and circuitry? though their enemies are trapped, their weapons have never been disabled.

Anakin Solo's thumbs embraced the firing studs on the control yolk of his starfighter, watching as his lateral laser cannons tore Warlord Vyler's minions to pieces, each green blast searing through the droids' torsos, their legs and upper bodies flying back and clanking on the metallic surface of the hanger deck like some lifeless doll cast aside by an indifferent child. Beside him, Wrev's blue Interceptor had opened fire as well, as the SGU battle droids recovered from what qualified as droid "shock" and were pelting the Jedi's hulls with powerful red bursts from their blaster cannons.

Unable to activate the shields after struggling with the tractor beam, Anakin knew the Kuat engineered fighters couldn't take much more of the battle droids' abuse and hope to fly out with any semblance of space-worthiness. When one of the hulking droids attempted to attack the ship from its stern, he kicked his sublight thrusters, letting two meter long cones of blue flame erupt from the drives and engulf the hapless SoroSuub creation.

Anakin's maroon-painted Eta-7 shot across the hanger deck, clipping a pair of battle droids with the ship's stubby wings and spearing one with the forward mandibles, the impact jolting the young Jedi forward as R2-D2 let out an angry screech from inside the port socket. Fearing serious damage, Anakin cut the drives and broke hard, his fighter skidding across the deck and spinning 180 degrees to avoid the barrage of streaking crimson.

Before the Interceptor had even come to rest, Anakin had undone his flight restraints, popped the transparisteel canopy, and was freeing the lightsaber hooked at his left hip? the lightsaber that had been constructed by his grandfather, Anakin Skywalker. Anakin had taken up the weapon when his Aunt Mara was badly wounded by Supreme Overlord Shimrra and used it to destroy the Yuuzhan Vong leader, and the true power behind the throne, Onimi. With Anakin's own lightsaber destroyed, Mara had insisted he keep hers, passing on what had become a Skywalker family heirloom. Wielding it gave the young Jedi a greater connection to Mara, his uncle, Luke Skywalker, and the grandfather he'd never known.

Wrev was already out of his fighter, blue blade flashing all around
  4. jagsredlady Jedi Master

star 4
  5. thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy sweet bantha dung Master Yoda, how could you?! Jysella/Anakin? *whips out her lightsaber as she sees all the A/Ters come running in an angry mob* Unless, of course, that love is purely in a Master/Apprentice way...

Once again, I must compliment you on how smoothly the Stover style works here, and how much I'm reminded of episode 3. And I love the Anakin/Wrev interaction too.

[More to go here later]
  6. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    I must say, I truly appreciate your work, it is one of the things I always look forward to, when I am booting up my computer. One of the first things I do then is to check if you have updated.

Most excellent. Excelsior!

Magnus
  7. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    for some reason I was thinking Tahiri was with them. I didn't catch padawan or wasn't thinking Knight or something. I just missed it. Senior moment. Let's hope Anakin doesn't copy everything his grandfather did. Poor Jysella - tough case of unrequited love. It's clear that Anakin only sees Tahiri. Hopefully Jys will get over it.
  8. _Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Master

star 4
    *eats popcorn, sitting in seat, glued to the screen in suspense*

So, we finally have confirmation on who Anakin's padawan is. Jysella... [face_thinking] Could make things interesting. She's not a very developed character so she's sort of like on of your OC's. :eek: And she has her eye on Anakin....oh boy, that will make things interesting. Too bad Anakin's not looking her way. It's A/T all the way! :D
    Nice chapter! Glad they caught Vilar. he seems like a typical warlord with his appetite for power the same as for food. I could picture him running to his ship due to your detailed descriptions...unfortuately. [face_sick] I really enjoyed this. I wonder what Luke wants, something to do with Callista? Will Anakin be heading home soon? And where is home?
    C'mon, post again soon so you can anwser my questions! [face_batting] PUH-lease?

Looking forward to more. :)
  9. poku_29 Force Ghost

star 1

I truly hope that you are not planning to broke Tahiris heart. It would really blow me out. And I would be mad at u.

You really seem to have a talent for writing in a ,,, I dont know,,, in a way that the story just draws the reader in. I dont know why, but I felt so nostalgic reading this post. Must be because of the similarities with the epIII. The similarities are good, but I do hope that you don't get drawn too far to that. I also love the way you brought the Anakin character back to its "origins" with the mechanical thing. The mine thing was just so Anakin 7(?) years at centerpoint st. Loved it

Great job YodaK, keep it up and bring out Tahiri a lot in the future.
  10. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    YK: :eek: :D :eek: [face_dancing] :cool: :D

W

H

O

A

H

!

!

!

Awesome. Just awesome. :D

- The Imperial Ewok
  11. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Up for now. I'll reply later

EDIT: Now for the reply...
    Wonderful with Jysella and Anakin! I like the way the lightsabers were passed within families.
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    An excellent update YK. Your descriptions are perfect, and your new villain is extremely interesting, in a Nute Gunray kind of way. :D
  13. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    =D= :cool: That was great!

I wondered if it was Jysella... I just wasn't brave enough to say so. :p

Her heart doesn't skip a beat when she sees him? it feels as though its stopped completely in her chest and has begun to swell. She knows that these are dangerous feelings to have for her master, that it could destroy her training and life? she also knows that he could never return these feelings. She is a child to him.

But she can't help it.

She loves Anakin Solo.

Oh, Jysella. [:D] My heart hurts for her... you just know her little 14 year old heart is going to get broken, no matter how nice Anakin is about everything. And on top of that,who could blame her? What crazy person didn't see this coming a parsec away when they assigned Masters and apprentices? o_O Would that be Farmboy? :rolleyes: Has he forgotten his lustful, teenage looks at Camie at the Toshie power station (and she wasn't even a very nice person!)

Oh-oh! What's going on at Denon? [face_worried]
  14. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Whoa, Jysella, shouldn't be getting any of those feelings. Hope she doesn't get embarrased in public. One question, though, is she supposed to be that old by this time?

All and all, nice post.
  15. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Great, great post- and I like how you wrote so that we weren't sure if it was Tahiri or not. Good stuff, can't wait for more.
  16. Barefoot_XO Jedi Knight

star 3
    Evil...

I'm seeing some interesting parallels to ROTS...

I'm curious... Intentional or unintentional?
  17. Magnuskn Force Ghost

star 4
    Good point, there. Noticed them, too.

Magnus
  18. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay! Yoda - I finished TLF and am going to catch up with this over the next week. ;) Woohoo.
  19. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Red: Mine!

All yours ;)

spork: Holy sweet bantha dung Master Yoda, how could you?! Jysella/Anakin? *whips out her lightsaber as she sees all the A/Ters come running in an angry mob* Unless, of course, that love is purely in a Master/Apprentice way...

There will certainly be no Anakin/Jysella in this fic. Jysella is 14 years old :p She just has a bit of a crush on her master.

Once again, I must compliment you on how smoothly the Stover style works here, and how much I'm reminded of episode 3. And I love the Anakin/Wrev interaction too.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it :) I'm pretty sure that's the last of any Anakin/Wrev interaction for the rest of the fic.

[More to go here later]

Looking forward to it.

Magnuskn: I must say, I truly appreciate your work, it is one of the things I always look forward to, when I am booting up my computer. One of the first things I do then is to check if you have updated.

Thank you very much :D I'm honored [face_blush]

Most excellent. Excelsior!

Thanks again!

RM: for some reason I was thinking Tahiri was with them. I didn't catch padawan or wasn't thinking Knight or something. I just missed it. Senior moment.

Nah, a lot of people assumed it was Tahiri, no biggie. I wanted you guys to think that :p

Let's hope Anakin doesn't copy everything his grandfather did. Poor Jysella - tough case of unrequited love. It's clear that Anakin only sees Tahiri. Hopefully Jys will get over it.

Yes, Jysella is still a child really. Typical of Anakin, he is unaware of her developing crush.

Thanks for reading, more Luke/Mara stuff in the chapter for you ;)

JoD: *eats popcorn, sitting in seat, glued to the screen in suspense*

*Reaches over and steals some of your popcorn when you're distracted* [face_whistling]

So, we finally have confirmation on who Anakin's padawan is. Jysella... Could make things interesting.

I hope so [face_thinking]

She's not a very developed character so she's sort of like on of your OC's.

That's true.

And she has her eye on Anakin....oh boy, that will make things interesting. Too bad Anakin's not looking her way. It's A/T all the way!

Yes, this will definitely be A/T ;) Should make a nice complication though [face_whistling]

Nice chapter! Glad they caught Vilar. he seems like a typical warlord with his appetite for power the same as for food. I could picture him running to his ship due to your detailed descriptions...unfortuately.

Sorry about that. I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight :p

I really enjoyed this. I wonder what Luke wants, something to do with Callista? Will Anakin be heading home soon? And where is home?

Well, "home" is not Denon, I will say that much ;) And yes, Luke's call to Anakin has to do with Callista's arrival.

C'mon, post again soon so you can anwser my questions! PUH-lease?

The next post really won't answer many of those questions :p

Looking forward to more.

I'm glad, thanks for reading :)

poku: I truly hope that you are not planning to broke Tahiris heart. It would really blow me out. And I would be mad at u.

As I've said, there will be no Anakin/Jysella in this fic :p That would be illegal (at least where I live :p) and I'm fairly sure violate board rules.

You really seem to have a talent for writing in a ,,, I dont know,,, in a way that the story just draws the reader in.

Thank you, that's nice to hear.

I dont know why, but I felt so nostalgic reading this post. Must be because of the similarities with the epIII. The similarities are good, but I do hope that you don't get drawn too far to that.

That post was the last of anything so similar, I promise ;)

I also love the way you brought the Anakin character back to its "origins" with the mechanical t
  20. Darth_Lex Force Ghost

star 4
    Whoops! I forgot to reply. :oops: [face_blush]

Another great post. :D The action sequence had just the right zip to it. I liked the similarities to the Invisible Hand sequence at the start of ROTS. :cool:

Although I was mildly surprised the villain didn't get away. :p Or did he? [face_thinking]

Like others, I'm very amused by poor Jysella's crush, and poor Anakin's obliviousness. :D Why do I think Tahiri won't be so clueless? [face_mischief] (By the way, Jysella is 14 and Anakin is about 21? Just making sure I did my math right with 32 ABY.)

Looking forward to more. ;)
  21. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Lex is right.. who ever the member of the opposite sex is, they alway notice the little crush. :p
  22. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Lex: Whoops! I forgot to reply.

Seems like you remembered :p :D

Another great post. The action sequence had just the right zip to it. I liked the similarities to the Invisible Hand sequence at the start of ROTS.

Thanks, that will be the end of the overt RotS similarities, I think :p

Although I was mildly surprised the villain didn't get away. Or did he?

He didn't, and he's not really much of a villain. We won't see him ever again :p just a way of showing the Jedi being Jedi since the end of the NJO.

Like others, I'm very amused by poor Jysella's crush, and poor Anakin's obliviousness. Why do I think Tahiri won't be so clueless?

You are very sharp ;) You are correct, Jysella's feelings will not go unnoticed by Tahiri [face_mischief]

(By the way, Jysella is 14 and Anakin is about 21? Just making sure I did my math right with 32 ABY.)

Anakin is 22 by my calculations.

Looking forward to more.

Good to hear it, thanks so much for reading :)

TSF: Lex is right.. who ever the member of the opposite sex is, they alway notice the little crush.

That's true, and I think people have a tendency to watch the way members of our partners' opposite sex behave around her or him, so we know who to tell to take a hike [face_mischief]

Tahiri certainly has a history of it [face_whistling] ;)
  23. Pelranius Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I certainly like this new post. Makes you wonder what sort of state the rest of the galaxy is in, huh?

I'm reminded of the opening scene of Episode III... intentional?

Was Vyler a typical local plastel pot dictator, or will we see him again?

I'm suspicious about Callista's talk, though. Something doesn't quite ring right in her testimony.

The next post will involve Jaina, I take it?

Cheers
    Pelranius
  24. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Great action, YK.

I'll add my own "poor Jysella" to all the others. But she does seem to have the Horn toughness...

Lovely and interesting writing, as usual. :D

oldj
  25. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    YK: the fun has begun!! :D [face_dancing]

Inside one of the sixteen hangers on the outer ring of the Piringiisi Wheel, a cadre of Warlord Vyler's battle droids watch as two Jedi Interceptors are pulled through the blue glow of the energy seal by the battle station's tractor beam. The droids are bulky and powerful, taller than the average human male with thick reinforced laminanium plating that can regenerate and incases droid brains from Telti. Heavy blaster canons are built into their fists, which are strong enough to smash through most beings skull as easily as they would bash an egg, while two glowing red eyes are fixed into the droids' stout heads.

These aren't your (lead characters' grand)father's battledroids!! :D :cool:

(but am I right in thinking that "from Telti" is a deliberate Stoverism? Very nice!! :D)

Anakin Solo's thumbs embraced the firing studs on the control yolk of his starfighter, watching as his lateral laser cannons tore Warlord Vyler's minions to pieces, each green blast searing through the droids' torsos, their legs and upper bodies flying back and clanking on the metallic surface of the hanger deck like some lifeless doll cast aside by an indifferent child.

Yippee!! :D

I like the mixed visual "metaphor" here, the shift from TPM to RoTS...

Before the Interceptor had even come to rest, Anakin had undone his flight restraints, popped the transparisteel canopy, and was freeing the lightsaber hooked at his left hip? the lightsaber that had been constructed by his grandfather, Anakin Skywalker.

He jumps the length from Naboo to Coruscant in a single bound! :D :cool:

Anakin leapt out onto the wing of the Interceptor and activated his weapon with a snap-hiss, a brilliant beam of cobalt blue light erupting from the polished hilt as he was immediately assailed by a swarm of red blasterfire, swatting away the searing bolts with reflexes only possible with the precognitive sense provided by the Force.

Stepping off of the wing, Anakin met the droids rushing to destroy him head on. His dark cloak flowed around him, making his movements all the more graceful as he twirled his blade in diagonal hacks and sliced through the bodies of the first two SGU's he met. Wielding the weapon in his right hand, he spun the blade to deflect two more blasts and severed one of the droid's cannon arms, before easily slashing through another's brain casing from left to right.

Pirouetting through the sea of enemies, Anakin's blade whirled behind his back, a wheel of light that sent their fire ricocheting off in all directions and leaving more smoldering metal appendages on the deck.

*hums "Duel of the Fates* loudly and slightly off-key*

That rocks!! Superb descriptions, immense fun to read... :D

These droids couldn't just be slashed? they had to be precisely dissected. Anakin's blue beam of light traced glowing amber scars across the dark reflective armor of the SGU's, dismantling hip joints and severing limbs as he weakened them enough to stab through the battle droids' thick chest cavity and the power core inside.

:D =P~ Hah!

"You have to teach me how to do that someday," Wrev said after a moment of surveying Anakin's handiwork.

"I wish I knew."

Perfect! Drol, dramatic, and with just a hint of mystery... :D

When the doors slide open, a faint mist of smoke wafts inside to the sound of an SGU's vocoder malfunctioning as its lightsaber-scarred body clanks to the deck.

Two Jedi stroll in.

Confidence radiates from them the way the gleaming blue light shines from their lightsabers? they've already taken the command center with their entrance.

The outcome is already decided.

What's to follow is just automation.

Simply going through the motions pre-programmed inside them by the Force.

This is the encore.

This is the victory lap.

Superb. I don't think it's a criticism to say it's a homage to Matt's RotS novellization, both in style and in terms of its meaning... but at the same time, th
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.