main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Age of Heroes (post-NJO AU: Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, L/M, H/L, Tahiri, Kyp,Jag) Sequel 2/2/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. LosDosMos

LosDosMos Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2005
    Great job, YK! =D= That was just :eek: =P~. I'd elaborate, but Thrawn McEwok has pretty much said it all :p

I'm guessing that "home" is Naboo. That's where the Skywalkers/Solos went for vacation at the end of TLF, it fits with the whole Prequel-vibe, and it's certainly one of the most beautiful planets in the GFFA.

2. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    My computer was being worked on, I swear!

And I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. So, "Good Job!" :p

Wait, I can... 8-} I like Vyler's "mustache twirler" qualities. Reminds me of Grievous.

3. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    DRL hasn't been kind lately and I've been trying hard to catch up - so I at least wanted to leave a quick note just to let you know how much I enjoyed the post. :D :D

"We did it!" Jysella exclaimed, before awkwardly hugging his leg and then going quiet, the shame of her capture clearly taking hold again. He would have to speak with her about it all soon...

:rolleyes: I see that Anakin received a heaping helping of Farmboy genes - he's totally clueless to her feelings, isn't he? I feel so bad for Jysella - unless she grows out of this crush really soon, I'm afraid that only bad things can come of this . . . :(

Looking forward to more! :D

4. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    An excellent update.

Vyler, Vyler, Vyler. How many times must the Alliance beat you to make you realise just how much of an idiot you are.

And actually he's way too arrogant to be a Nte Gunray type of character. You think he would learn after all he's been through, but no! Here is what he should have done. First, he should have expanded the tunnel net work, and reinfroced the foundations as much as possible. Second, he shold've dug in artillary, set up repeating blaster positions so that they would have inter locking fields of fire. Third, he should've mined as many buildings as possible.

And the battle droids. While granted they were handled well, I don't think they are very cost effective. If worse comes to worse, just use a grenade. Or an EMP. Plus, how much does it cost to make them?

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Pelranius: Well, I certainly like this new post. Makes you wonder what sort of state the rest of the galaxy is in, huh?

Yeah, not great :p

I'm reminded of the opening scene of Episode III... intentional?

Yes, mostly, I guess. I had the basic idea before I saw Ep3 but the similarities were unescapable, so I just went with it.

Was Vyler a typical local plastel pot dictator, or will we see him again?

No plans to see him again, right now. He may have been worse than most, but nothing special ;)

I'm suspicious about Callista's talk, though. Something doesn't quite ring right in her testimony.

You could be right [face_whistling]

The next post will involve Jaina, I take it?

How'd you guess that? You're right though, Jaina's in the next one ;)

Thanks for reading :)

oldj: Great action, YK.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :D

I'll add my own "poor Jysella" to all the others. But she does seem to have the Horn toughness...

Yep, with a mother and father like that, you know she would ;)

Lovely and interesting writing, as usual.

Thank you very much :)

Thrawn: the fun has begun!!

Yay [face_dancing]

These aren't your (lead characters' grand)father's battledroids!!

[face_laugh]

(but am I right in thinking that "from Telti" is a deliberate Stoverism? Very nice!! )

Nope. Telti was the planet in the New Rebellion, I think :p I looked it up in the planet's guide when I wrote this cause I couldn't remember the name. Just a detail, has nothing to do with Stover.

Yippee!!
    I like the mixed visual "metaphor" here, the shift from TPM to RoTS...

Yeah, good catch!

He jumps the length from Naboo to Coruscant in a single bound!

I wonder if there will be any jumps from Coruscant for him [face_whistling]

*hums "Duel of the Fates* loudly and slightly off-key*

hehe.

That rocks!! Superb descriptions, immense fun to read...

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Perfect! Drol, dramatic, and with just a hint of mystery...

One of my favorite things about Anakin's character? the mystery in his powers like the Corellian Trilogy.

Superb. I don't think it's a criticism to say it's a homage to Matt's RotS novellization, both in style and in terms of its meaning... but at the same time, the voice is your own, and the cockiness of the homage perfectly captures Anakin and Wrev...

It probably is to be criticized, but I was beginning to find my own writing boring (EotH at least) and wanted to do something with more personality.

That's just... great!! I like that so much. It's imbalanced, and in Anakin's case, probably not even put it into words... but she cares for him, and he cares for her, and while it's as dangerous as a lightsaber, right now it's controlled, and enriching, for the characters, and the story...

Yes, it's not something that's going to have a happy conclusion for either of them :p These sort of crushes never do though.

Interesting take on Wrev - or is that a take on Jysella?

Leave that for you to decide [face_whistling]

Deviously planned!

More of a last resort :p

Battledroids!
    Human soldiers!
    Sullustans!?

[face_laugh]

I had to have some of them there working for him 8-}

Flirt!

Gah!

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that his repartee with her is so innate and unconscious. But it looks (and reads) great!

It's just Master/Padawan interaction. At least to Anakin it is ;)

Fun. Wrong, but fun!

There's no A/J 'shipping going on, I swear :p

Heh. Nice, in so many ways.

Thank you! :D

Kinky!

[face_laugh]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't even suggesting that [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I like how the silence of the explosion and the sounds of the aftermath contrast with the visual 'music' of light and

6. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't even suggesting that

And now I know what he meant! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 4: The Ship

Denon Port Authority has a new guest of honor.

Galactic Federation Intelligence has seen to it that this guest gets a proper reception.

They've locked down an entire hanger reserved for evidence in criminal cases where ships are involved as an accommodation. They're barred the holojournalists who seek to get footage and ask snide questions, while providing dozens of agents to tend to their guest, assuring the best and most delicate care. They've put the area under a medical quarantine to assure the safety of all.

The guest is on the tip of everyone's tongue. It is the thing that the planet's collective voice was inquiring about when it shouted over the sirens, "what's the ruckus?"

Who is this diplomat from far, far away, whose presence has created such a stir that a crowd of thousands has gathered outside DPA's offices for a peek? Who the HoloNet has rumored Cal Omas will call an emergency meeting of his advisory council, and possibly even the entire senate, to discuss? Who is like nothing else the peoples in the galaxy's temporary capital have ever seen?

It is a ship.

Denon's newest star isn't even sentient— as far as anyone can tell. It is metal and circuits. Transparent viewports and ion drives. Its black surface somehow gleams without really being reflective.

It is the biggest enigma seen since the coralskipper— and the circumstances surrounding its arrival don't make it any less intriguing.

It is the ship Callista Ming piloted there in the early morning.

It is this special guest that has brought another woman to the Port Authority offices on this day. She walks into the bustling hanger confidently, wearing a military-grade hazard suit more impermeable than most vac suits, with gloves that twist lock into the wrist and a transparent faceplate. She passes the swarm of GFI officers studying, holographing, and scanning the ship with virtually every device at the galaxy's disposal as casually as one might pass a cleaning droid on the streets of Eriadu.

Aside from Callista, she is the only one on the planet who has ever seen a ship like this.

Her name is Jaina.

And on the day the end begins, she is almost as oblivious to the truth of the impending danger as the others. What separates her is a more appropriate amount of dread. A measure of fear that goes slightly closer to the truth than most, for she knows a little more.

On the surface, Jaina Solo is an unimposing young woman of modest height and a slender frame. She is beautiful— the daughter of Leia Organa Solo can't help but be. But not strikingly so— because she chooses not to be.

In reality, Jaina Solo is chiseled out of duracrete. Eyes lock on her as she enters the hanger, not because she is supple and pretty, or affluent, but because of the power she exudes. It is in her every movement the way the faint whirring of servomotors whispers when the droids around her stir.

Beneath the fair skin and long brunette locks is a spirit stronger than any other's.

Hardened by war.

Strengthened with the Force.

She is the Sword of the Jedi.

Send someone else when you need a negotiator. Jaina Solo is dispatched to drop the hammer. And when she does, one can be assured that the stroke will fall hardest.

She is strong because the galaxy requires it. Hard, because she's been made to be. The Yuuzhan Vong long ago made her this way, the war's indirect shaping. Her brothers' captures and the death of Chewbacca, and so many others, have transformed her in the same way that Mezhan Kwaad had altered Tahiri.

She is always alone, even when in the company of others— solitary in every way that matters. Her family members are the only ones who truly understand her. Relationships with others, like Jagged Fel, never seem to last very long.

Such is the life of the Jedi's Sword.

Her uncle told her that her life would be this way when he bestowed that mantel upon her four years ago. It is her duty to protect so others will find the peace she will never know.

She is a warrior of the stars.

Jaina Solo's part in the End, begins here, with the ship. Like most the beings in the galaxy, her life will forever be divided into two parts— before Callista Ming's arrival on Denon, and after.

Her life will be forever changed.

She's at the turning point and she has no idea.

A slight shiver traveled up Jaina's spine as she entered the hanger, but she gave no outward signs of the trepidation she felt buried away somewhere deep inside of her. With some difficulty, she managed to traverse the metal hanger deck, passing through the swarms of Alliance intelligence personnel as she gravitated towards the object of interest so many had already gathered around, like a star pulling planets into orbit.

She spotted her aunt and uncle, an air of disquiet hovering around them as they stood almost rigidly, arms crossed as they gazed at it. Unsurprisingly, it was Mara's sharp green eyes that found her first, nodding slightly in acknowledgement and releasing a little tension around the corners of her emerald gaze, but not smiling.

"I'm glad you're here," Luke greeted, offering her a forced upturn of his thin lips. "I trust Ben wasn't too much of a handful."

This was typical of her uncle, to make pleasant conversation to shield his own dread, a way of calming himself, but more to ease those around him. Jaina sighed, wondering how long they would have to chat before Luke actually got to the heart of it all. What he'd told her on the comm and what she'd seen on the HoloNet were alarming enough.

"Then you're too trusting," Jaina quipped. "I don't mind watching the Dancing Bantha holovid for the two-thousandth time, but I did mind it when he kept interrupting the news with it— then he threw a fit when I told him he was going to have to stay with Nanna while I came here."

"Ben is getting to the age where he feels insulted when we leave him with the droid," Mara explained.

At only five years of age, Ben Skywalker was surprisingly quiet and independent, as well as being a sweet young man. Being an only child whose parents were often absent had made him often lonesome, and he was beginning to detest being left behind, even with the Skywalker's TDL Nanny droid, which had helped raise him.

The truth was that Jaina was more than happy to spend time with Ben— she just wished she wasn't doing something so seemingly frivolous when other Jedi like her brother were out fighting battles.

She should have been at Sullust with Anakin instead of making sure Ben didn't get into the air cake. Jaina hated any down time between mission, especially since her uncle seemed to think she needed more time off following her experience in the Unknown Regions more than six months before.

Feeling frustrated with the time away from the front lines, Jaina had started racing in the local pod racing circuit on Denon— the only problem was that she was winning so much that the other racers were attempting to have her forced out on the grounds that she was a Jedi and therefore had an unfair advantage. Jaina wasn’t certain whether it was an unethical thing for a Jedi to be involved in, but she needed an outlet for her energies.

"He just wanted to see what was going on," Jaina offered.

"Like the thousands of people outside."

Jaina nodded to her aunt and then turned to Luke, his blue eyes scanning her face. She decided to stop him before he started in on the weather, or the senate, or whatever barrage of small talk he thought would ease them into the situation.

"Let's just get this over with."

Luke continued to stare at her, his helmeted-head nodding almost imperceptibly, before he turned and began to make his way through the crowd of security agents, scientists, and engineers, towards Denon's newest guest. Mara and Jaina followed him through easily, the sea of beings parting for the venerated Jedi Knights.

Jaina thought idly how nice it was that the Jedi had finally garnered some of the respect in the post-Yuuzhan Vong galaxy that they'd so lacked during the conflict...

As the obstructing workers cleared and she stepped into view of the alien ship for the first time, her worst fears were confirmed. Her breath hitched inside her chest as dark eyes scanned the black hull, intricate circuitry fused in the surface and glowing almost gold with and ethereal beauty under the lighting panels above.

Luke and Mara only watched her, the young Jedi's reaction confirming their suspicions.

"Is it exactly the same?" Luke asked.

Jaina shook her head slowly. "No. The nose is a little sharper, the wings slightly different," she answered as she gently ran a gloved-hand over the sleek hull. "But it's the same technology, no doubt. Just newer, if I had to guess."

Six months.

It had been only six months since Jaina had traveled to the Unknown Regions with Wrev Caster in search of Alema Rar, who'd disappeared while investigating a brutal pirate attack around the Outer Rim. In the course of their search, they were led to a base Grand Admiral Thrawn had kept on a planet called "Voltijan," where they learned that the Chiss were preparing for some mysterious threat in the Unknown Regions— the same threat Stent had told Mara of a decade before. It was the reason Thrawn had established the Empire of the Hand, and possibly the reason Emperor Palpatine had sent he and Voss Parck to the Unknown Regions in the first place.

On Voltijan, Jagged Fel had shown Jaina and Wrev a ship the Chiss had captured thirty years before— it was a stealth ship much like the one now docked at the Denon Port Authority. The Chiss had made dozens of sightings over the years of these ships and had recently suffered similar attacks in Chiss Space as the one Alema had left to investigate.

They discovered later that the attack was perpetrated by the slaver empire of aliens known as the "Vagaari," and Alema had joined— or more accurately, been forced to join— Voss Parck, who had secretly reformed the Empire of the Hand— or more accurately, had never disbanded it.

Parck was displeased with the Chiss Ruling Families' refusal to pursue the threat aggressively and their adherence to ancient Chiss doctrine that advocated strict non-aggression— the Chiss only struck back.

How the Vagaari had survived the Chiss' previous attempted to purge the galaxy of them and what their connection was to all of this was anyone's guess, but Jaina had learned that there was a connection. During the Vagaari's desperate attempt to destroy the base on Voltijan, a Vagaari named "Goresh Tenziesh" had recognized the stealth ship stored there— unfortunately, Goresh managed to escape before Jaina could pound an explanation out of him. On top of that, the Chiss, even Jag, weren't telling them much about it, nor the nature of their real enemy.

Ultimately, the Vagaari at Voltijan were driven off and the only possible motive for the attacks that could be devised, was revenge, as Goresh seemed to be unaware of the real secrets being kept at the base— as was Jaina. Whatever secret Thrawn had hidden in the fortress was so valuable, not even the squabbling between the Ruling Families and the Hand would bring it out. Ultimately the CEDF and Parck's Empire were banding together to eliminate the Vagaari, and Alema Rar had voluntarily stayed to help— as to what consensus the CEDF and Empire of the Hand had reached regarding whatever it was that had them spooked, Jaina could only imagine.

Seeing the second high-tech starfighter on Denon, Jaina was beginning to understand what it was...

"So, then Callista is telling the truth," Luke replied after Jaina's confirmation, staring at the dark ship.

"I wouldn't go that far," Mara replied. "We have no idea what her motives are— and only a few pieces of her story are checking out so far."

"She said that a ship like this is the one Faybol used to get her off of Coruscant, and Jag told Jaina that the Chiss had spotted such a ship after the battle."

"That's true," Jaina added. Luke had already given her the details of Callista's story over the holocomm— they simply needed Jaina confirmation that this ship was the same make as the one Jag had showed her at Voltijan— the same type he'd said had appeared at Coruscant three years before but the Alliance Fleet's sensors had not picked up. It locked into place one big piece of Callista's story and worried those in the hanger more.

"That may be true," Mara went on, "but we don't know that Callista didn't throw this detail in somehow knowing it would check out. We have a lot more investigation to do before I can believe a word that woman says."

Luke cast his wife a disapproving look, but let Mara's cynicism slide without rebuttal. "I agree that there is more we need to know before jumping to conclusions—I should speak with Callista myself for one."

This time it was Mara who reacted, green eyes seeming to blaze as red as the beautiful cascades of hair hidden beneath her helmet. "I don't know what purpose that would serve— and it's too early to start giving a suspect what they want."

Jaina was beginning to pick up on a new tension between her aunt and uncle and could only guess that it had to do with the fact that Callista was once involved with Luke— or the fact that he appeared to have taken her side. Either way, Jaina decided it was best to steer the conversation away from the full-blown spat she felt boiling up and to ask the questions she wanted answered while she still could.

"Has anyone figured out how this thing works yet?" She interrupted, tapping the gleaming black hull of the alien craft. "I would think that with so much circuitry out of reach of the pilot, space repairs would be almost impossible if something malfunctioned."

"Maybe nothing ever malfunctions," Mara proposed.

"I doubt that," Luke replied. "Perhaps the pilot would wear a vac suit and tether to make the repairs the way our pilots have to at times. It's just one of the many mysteries... Callista said it was easy to fly, but as far as how it works— you're looking at some of the brightest scientific and technological minds in the galaxy," he continued, gesturing to the beings crawling around the ship and studying it. "And they're stumped."

"Maybe you should let me take a crack at it," Jaina replied. "Or let Anakin— he's good with this sort of thing. Could be another Centerpoint Station."

"I've already sent word to Anakin that he's wanted here on Denon as soon as he's finished their business at Sullust," Luke answered, stroking the chin of his faceplate. "As for the complexity of it all, I think it only gives a little more credence to what Callista is telling us about these aliens."

"Or it's a lark," Mara scoffed. "A distraction to keep us occupied while Force-only-know-what else goes on."

Jaina could see that her attempts to control the conversation were as futile as a Hutt attempting to pilot a swoop. There were some things even the Sword of the Jedi couldn't stop— an angry Mara Jade was one of them she didn't even want to try.

It was obvious that Mara didn't trust Callista at all, though Jaina wasn't sure if that was because of Mara's instincts as an investigator, of which, she was the best there was, or if her skepticism and hostility were coming from another place— not that Jaina could blame her. There were plenty of reasons to distrust, and even hate, Callista Ming. The woman had imprisoned Leia Organa Solo and nearly turned her to the Dark Side in Callista's quest to annihilate the Yuuzhan Vong. After doing that to her mother, Jaina wouldn’t mind a few minutes alone with Callista while the holocams were switched off...

"So what's our next move?" Jaina asked.

Luke shook his head. "The first thing we need to do is start investigating more of Callista's claims. I've got a meeting with Cal Omas and his advisory council in a few minutes— hopefully something will come of that.

"In the mean time, you need to prepare yourself," the Jedi Master said to his niece. "The Jedi Council will want to re-interview you and Wrev about your experience in the Unknown Regions. There is clearly a connection and we may want the Chiss' help on this one."

There was little doubt as to whom Luke was suggesting they contact among the Chiss— the fact that he'd told her to "prepare" herself only showed how perceptive and sensitive her uncle was to the situation.

Jaina felt a thrill travel through her body at the thought of seeing Jagged Fel again. They had parted ways after Jag's proposal at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War and more than two years together— Jaina simply wasn't ready to be married and they both had obligations that pulled them to opposite ends of the galaxy.

She had only seen him a handful of times in the years that followed, and the young woman hadn't gone on more than a few dates in that time— no one seemed to interest her. On Voltijan, however, Jag had almost been killed in the battle when he tried to protect her from the Vagaari hoard. He'd pulled through, and in that time Jaina began to suspect that her feelings for him were much deeper than she'd expected— that their relationship was something more than a war-time fling.

She didn't know if the prospect of contacting him again excited or terrified her.

But then, the former part of her uncle's statement registered. "Wrev's coming here?"

Luke nodded. "Yes— he's with Anakin at Sullust— I expect to hear from them soon and there arrival here soon after that."

Wrev Caster.

After two weeks with him searching for Alema, Jaina still wasn't sure how she felt about the older Jedi. Whether he was a friend or her enemy. Like many of the Jedi in his generation, Wrev was arrogant, more flash than substance, and simply obnoxious at times, constantly testing those around him and manipulating them when he felt it necessary. And at other times, he could be personable and sincere. There was no doubt that he'd saved Jaina's life almost as many times as she'd saved his during their mission, and that it wouldn't have been completed without the two of them together.

At times when Wrev was driving her crazy on the Falcon she'd wondered if it might have been something else...

But unlike the prospect of seeing Jag, Jaina knew what she thought of the prospect of being with Wrev again, and it wasn't good. She didn't need the confusion or the aggravation.

"In the meantime, you're welcome to help the techs with the stealth ship— I'm sure they wouldn't mind your input."

"I'd like that," Jaina agreed, absently fidgeting with one glove as her gaze traveled over her uncle and aunt's faces, Mara still fuming after her exchanges with her husband.

Chocolate eyes settle on the curves of black metal again, flowing as effortlessly as it had into the system. The alien ship looked so powerful, a serene tapestry of inanimate parts that made Jaina feel almost silly for how much fear it instilled in her. But written within the golden circuits and wiring fused into the blackened hull plating, was their doom.

And it was already too late to do anything about it.

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [ :D Steals first reply!! [face_dancing]]

- The Imperial Ewok

9. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Great as always.

And as for the strategy, yes its intended for a ground battle. Most of the strategy I mentioned was by the Japanese in the later phases of the Pacific War (I am a partial WWII buff.)

10. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great, great post. And I like how you write Jaina's character- you do the Sword of the Jedi plotline much more poignantly than in the books. Can't wait for more.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I remember the Vaagari from Survivors Quest. Not pleasant creatures. You keep throwing in all these hints about "the end"...That's not encouraging either. I'm ready for something happy... surely just a small paragraph of happiness? ;)

12. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job! I love how you really got into how Jaina felt about the situation. Is Jag gonna show up anytime soon? :) Can't wait for more!

13. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh boy, now I have three posts to catch up on *goes back to read*

14. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Goodness! I have fallen behind.

Chapter 3: Mara's interrogation of Callista had me giddy. Yes, you read it right. Giddy. Anytime Mara gets to cut that body snatcher down a notch is welcome. ;) Luke's thoughts about Mara was nicely done. It was good to see him acknowledge his past and be happy where he was in the future.

Chapter 4: This pairing of Anakin and Jysella is a nice change! I hope her feelings will be reciprocated...because it would add plenty of tension where Tahiri would be involved. I like it - a lot. The description about Jysella's 14-year-old awkwardness was cute and relatable. Another amazing chapter. My heart rates up from all the adventures! [face_batting]

Chapter 5: The images you create make my jaw drop. :eek:

In reality, Jaina Solo is chiseled out of duracrete. Eyes lock on her as she enters the hanger, not because she is supple and pretty, or affluent, but because of the power she exudes. It is in her every movement the way the faint whirring of servomotors whispers when the droids around her stir.

Your description about Jaina and her part in everything is nicely done. The profics could take a lesson from that since I was lost during the NJO. [face_blush]

There were some things even the Sword of the Jedi couldn't stop? an angry Mara Jade was one of them she didn't even want to try.

[face_laugh] Yes, choose your battles wisely, dear Jaina. Let your aunt have her moment to fume.

The conflict between Luke and Mara was apparent. Callista's presence seems to have put a small rift between the two. Hopefully Luke will get smart and stand by his wife's side.

=D=, as always.

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Up I'll return&reply!

16. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Sorry to hear about Darth, hope you get some time to relax

From the land of Be Careful What You Wish For 'Cause You Just Might Get It... I relaxed all day yesterday - with the stomach bug that my son had last week that got me behind in the first place. [face_sick] But thanks for the thought, anyway! :)

I'll add my kudos to the way you've portrayed Jaina in this post - just perfect! =D=

There were some things even the Sword of the Jedi couldn't stop? an angry Mara Jade was one of them she didn't even want to try.

[face_laugh] Smart one, that Jaina.

She didn't know if the prospect of contacting him again excited or terrified her.

My guess is both. I've always thought that her feelings for Jag scare the hell out of her and that's why she keeps pushing him away.

Great post, as always! :D

17. poku_29

poku_29 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2005
    Good, good. This is getting interesting. very much so. yes. So advanced technology that our friends cant even get it open. Cant mean good for the future. I trust Anakin however, he cracks it I know. Why is everything so dark now? You are making it sound something even more dangerous than the YV and again you have managed to create a really capturing athmosphere. Im am bit afraid here [face_worried]

PS. Im running out of patience YodaK :mad: , where is Tahi? Want to read about her soooon,,,, Want to read about her and A together. [face_batting]

18. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice update YK. Good that you referenced Empire of the Hand, and Jaina is annoyingly bitchy as ever, so excellent characterisation there ;)

And I detected a slight hint of jealousy from Mara when Luke mentioned going to talk to Callista. Wonder what that would lead to? :p

19. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Excellent writng on Jaina. She has that dark and scarred tone that's the definite result of everything she's been through in the war. Kind of like her garnddad, Anakin.

20. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Again, one excellent chapter.

I hope we´ll see Anakin and Tahiri together soon, though. :p I´d like some fluff, even if it goes a bit against the tone you are setting. I´m guessing we´ll all need it by the time the **** hits the fan....

Magnus

21. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Jaina Solo's part in the End, begins here, with the ship. Like most the beings in the galaxy, her life will forever be divided into two parts? before Callista Ming's arrival on Denon, and after.

Her life will be forever changed.

She's at the turning point and she has no idea.

Essence Point? [face_mischief]

After doing that to her mother, Jaina wouldn?t mind a few minutes alone with Callista while the holocams were switched off...

[face_devil] Evil Jaina.... [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] And she calls herself a Jedi. :p

I can't wait for that scene. :cool:

And it was already too late to do anything about it.

Whoah. You've been working hard these last few chapters to really instill a sense of looming disaster. [face_worried] If it's already too late then I guess our heroes will have to work harder to keep the peace this time around. Nothing they can't handle, right? [face_worried]

Looking forward to more. :D

22. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Yobi, DRL has been a bit hectic, but I want to say I have read the last two chapters. They were fabulous. I loved Jysella's rescue and Jaina as the Sword was spot on.

23. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    YK, I think Chapter Four: The Ship is another example of your beautiful way with words.

It is the thing that the planet's collective voice was inquiring about when it shouted over the sirens, "what's the ruckus?"

:cool:

Chocolate eyes settle on the curves of black metal again, flowing as effortlessly as it had into the system. The alien ship looked so powerful, a serene tapestry of inanimate parts that made Jaina feel almost silly for how much fear it instilled in her. But written within the golden circuits and wiring fused into the blackened hull plating, was their doom.

=D=

Of course, its a really good story, too. I love your writing. :D

oldj

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thrawn: [ Steals first reply!! ]

Way to go! [face_dancing]

evil-twin: Great as always.

Thank you.

And as for the strategy, yes its intended for a ground battle. Most of the strategy I mentioned was by the Japanese in the later phases of the Pacific War (I am a partial WWII buff.)

I see [face_thinking]

Jek: Great, great post.

Thank you :)

And I like how you write Jaina's character- you do the Sword of the Jedi plotline much more poignantly than in the books. Can't wait for more.

Thanks again. I really like that line for Jaina's character. Will have more up next week.

RM: I remember the Vaagari from Survivors Quest. Not pleasant creatures.

Yeah, not pleasant, but not all that scary when you got down to it. Luke and Mara owned them :cool:

You keep throwing in all these hints about "the end"...That's not encouraging either. I'm ready for something happy... surely just a small paragraph of happiness?

I promise there will be at least one happy scene somewhere :p

Thanks for reading! :D

Wyn: Great job! I love how you really got into how Jaina felt about the situation.

Thanks so much :)

Is Jag gonna show up anytime soon?

It will be a few chapters, but Jag is definitely in the fic, and we'll get his POV in scenes.

Can't wait for more!

More will be up soon.

melissa: Oh boy, now I have three posts to catch up on *goes back to read*

No rush ;)

MirandaFair: Goodness! I have fallen behind.

Probably my fault :p I think you asked me to PM you and I am horrible at remembering that.

Chapter 3: Mara's interrogation of Callista had me giddy. Yes, you read it right. Giddy. Anytime Mara gets to cut that body snatcher down a notch is welcome.

Hehe, I'm glad you liked it.

Luke's thoughts about Mara was nicely done. It was good to see him acknowledge his past and be happy where he was in the future.

Yeah, I'd say things have ended up pretty good for Luke.

Chapter 4: This pairing of Anakin and Jysella is a nice change! I hope her feelings will be reciprocated...because it would add plenty of tension where Tahiri would be involved. I like it - a lot. The description about Jysella's 14-year-old awkwardness was cute and relatable.

I don't know if you caught this, but Anakin is 22. Her feelings will certainly not be reciprocated :p I'm pretty sure that wouldn't even be allowed on the boards. It will, however, be a source of some tension in the story.

Another amazing chapter. My heart rates up from all the adventures!

Thanks!

Chapter 5: The images you create make my jaw drop.

*picks your jaw up* 8-}

Your description about Jaina and her part in everything is nicely done. The profics could take a lesson from that since I was lost during the NJO.

Thanks. I didn't like the direction the NJO took either, which is why I started writing.

Yes, choose your battles wisely, dear Jaina. Let your aunt have her moment to fume.

*nods in agreement*

The conflict between Luke and Mara was apparent. Callista's presence seems to have put a small rift between the two. Hopefully Luke will get smart and stand by his wife's side.

I'm sure he will [face_whistling]

, as always.

Thanks again :)

Sil: Up I'll return&reply!

Thank you.

Scoundrel: Happy Birthday, btw ;)

From the land of Be Careful What You Wish For 'Cause You Just Might Get It... I relaxed all day yesterday - with the stomach bug that my son had last week that got me behind in the first place. But thanks for the thought, anyway!

Yeah, I saw your post in the cantina. Sorry to hear it [:D]

I'll add my kudos to the way you've portrayed Jaina in this post - just perfect!

Thank you.

Smart one, th

25. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    No you're the best [:D]

:poke: :poke: