main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Age of Heroes (post-NJO AU: Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, L/M, H/L, Tahiri, Kyp,Jag) Sequel 2/2/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. LosDosMos

LosDosMos Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2005
    All righty, here we go! The first half of my comments on the chapters I missed:

And he didn?t understand this during the first few years of the YV war because??

Not that having your husband reject your advances would be a good thing, but better that than being banged by someone you?re in love with who isn't sure what he feels for you in return. Ugh.

What does a thick Hapan accent sound like? [face_thinking]

They?re much better at this than Kyp. [face_mischief]

Alema! So nice to see her as the sane, good Jedi she should still be in canon. Please don?t kill her, Yobi; the YKU is her only hope! [face_praying]

I don?t suppose there?s going to be a lot of space for it, but Alema needs a man. A nice, un-man-whorish man. One that doesn?t think of her as just some dancing slut. :mad:

In fact, since I?m sensing you?ll never give me Jaina/Wrev permanently, why not give him to Alema? [face_thinking] If he doesn?t wind up becoming evil, that is. :p

Pff, Tahiri, don?t waste your time worrying about Kyle Katarn. He?s the baddest mofo in the galaxy. :cool:

The Line! :D

2. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: Not quite Of course, the people viewing it could see the red part as part of a T. I guess we'll get to that one way or another.

I don't know, it looks, to me, like it resembles Boba's helmit. Maybe just the quality of the pics I've seen make it look like it has a T shape. [face_thinking]

Summary and title choices will be up sometime this coming week.

Sounds good. :D

Lady LosDosMos: Um...we're e-married in my heart?

Sounds fine to me. :p

I don?t suppose there?s going to be a lot of space for it, but Alema needs a man. A nice, un-man-whorish man. One that doesn?t think of her as just some dancing slut.

James Bond? :p

Jag is to YodaKenobi?s YKU as Alema is to Denning?s canon?immortal!

I was thinking you were going to say something else... 8-}

*keels over in shock*

:eek:
    *Gets med-kit to revive Lady LosDosMos*
    *Revives her*

M'lady, are you alright?

3. LosDosMos

Apr 16, 2005
    Actually, Rénin, you?re entirely correct. Jacen sucks.

Um, if you can?t beat Jacen Solo in the lightsaber duel, you?re probably not strong enough. :p

Jeez, she?s almost as bad off as Grievous, isn?t she?

That?s another thing I miss in canon?the other cool fighter squadrons! The only one that still seems to be active is Rogue Squadron.

I look forward to the rescue mission. [face_mischief]

No no no. Right is Wrev. It even sounds good together! :D

I [face_love] ?Sword of the Jedi? Jaina. She rivals Katarn in bad ass-ery. ;)

Oh, now there?s a classic SW line that should never be repeated. :p

Meep. [face_worried]

Uh, the fact that you?re dealing with Sith and have thrust the galaxy into another huge war? Ass.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    First, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Sorry I didn't say that sooner. Hope you're all having a wonderful 2007 :)

Windu2008: I was referring to Malig's Sith Order; I just thought the Raithians were an empire from the Unknown Realms the Sith were using.

Is Malig related to the Sith who fled into the Unknown Regions? No, Malig's master was not Revan or one of the Sith (or their descendants, as far as I know) who fled after KotoR.

Yeah, I guess. I guess that's why Darth Havok has to be to Solo, to continue Vader's legacy?

Well, there will be better "in-universe" reasons ;)

Yea. Can't just those dirty Hapans to do the right thing

Never :p

Awesome. The concept of good empire, a good emperor, and a legion of force-sensitive royal guards is pretty cool.

It is! I can't wait to see what happens in #7 [face_dancing]

Diamond: Yes Please!!!

Will do :D

CassaSoloDaughterOfA: Now just wait till Yobi starts the sequel. You and I will have some fun.

Uh-oh :p

Spike: Happy New Year guys. It's 2007 over here, so I'm celebrating just a little bit earlier than you *points and laughs*

LOL. Happy New Year, Spike :D Must be nice to live in the future.

Master_Palpy: Happy New Year! It's 2007 in Europe!

Happy New Year!

Anyway, I just want to say I love the epilogue. The story was fantatic!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Yobi, I want to thank you again for writing this epic story!!! It's..., well, fantastic!

Thank you [face_blush]

I can't wait for the second book. I just want to say: !

I can't wait to start posting the second one. I hope you all enjoy it.

WOW!
    That was really good!
    Sorry for the short post but I'm kind of busy (New Year's Eve) right know.

S'okay, your replies are always great. Thanks so much for reading all of this :D

By the way, my girlfriend likes your tale. She isn't even a Star Wars fan! How about that?!

Wow, that is cool :cool: Tell her thanks for me.

Thanks again!

LosDosMos: Love the new icon!

And he didn?t understand this during the first few years of the YV war because??

He's slow?

Not that having your husband reject your advances would be a good thing, but better that than being banged by someone you?re in love with who isn't sure what he feels for you in return. Ugh.

He didn't reject her later, as I'm sure you remember :p

What does a thick Hapan accent sound like?

Brooklyn? :p

I think it's described in Courtship of Princess Leia.

They?re much better at this than Kyp.

They have combat suits 8-}

Alema! So nice to see her as the sane, good Jedi she should still be in canon. Please don?t kill her, Yobi; the YKU is her only hope!

Yeah, I suppose I have to let her live now [face_thinking]

I don?t suppose there?s going to be a lot of space for it, but Alema needs a man. A nice, un-man-whorish man. One that doesn?t think of her as just some dancing slut.

Only one? Not sure that's Alema's style :p

In fact, since I?m sensing you?ll never give me Jaina/Wrev permanently, why not give him to Alema? If he doesn?t wind up becoming evil, that is.

I suppose it's possible, they are friends. But I'm not sure Alema is really interested in that kind of a relationship.

And don't be so sure about Jaina/Wrev [face_batting]

Pff, Tahiri, don?t waste your time worrying about Kyle Katarn. He?s the baddest mofo in the galaxy.

Yer damn right :cool:

Jag is to YodaKenobi?s YKU as Alema is to Denning?s canon?immortal!

[face_laugh]

Please, you only think you love him. Stop denying your true feelings for Wrev!

Hehe ;
    Bec

5. Trayus

Trayus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2006
    First, I must of course say that this is a beautiful piece of prose, YodaKenobi. This story is so powerfully grand and sweeping, a worthy representation of the vast and wondrous galaxy of Star Wars. Yet you also write excellent scenes of intimacy, and the characters are richly depicted and lovingly directed so that their every thought or action feels right for them. I tip my hat to you, good sir, as a fellow writer. Your skills are considerable.

Now, on to the epilogue, and first I must mourn the showing of Callista's true colors. I had some hope for her- a dim belief that she might defy expectations and truly want to help the Jedi. Alas! She remains a tool of the Dark Lord. She is, however, an extremely well-crafted tool, and as might be expected for such a fine instrument, it's a joy to watch her work.

Jacen has great integrity, but he still isn't entirely grounded. I think this is the flaw in searching for a more relativistic view of the Force for so long. Sometimes you need platitudes and doctrines as a place to plant your feet. Jacen knows he wants to protect Tenel Ka and the Jedi Order, but if he can't make up his mind how to do it, he's in a dangerous place. Callista is going to disorient him and devour him.

Anakin is almost uncannily certain of himself. He knows where he stands, as a son, as a brother, as a lover, and as a Jedi Knight. This only makes his friends and family into bigger weaknesses, however. So much of his sturdiness rests on Tahiri, who's proven herself susceptible both to bodily harm and the lure of the Dark Side. As Mace Windu might put it, Tahiri is Anakin's shatterpoint: break her, and you break him. With Jysella under Faybol's shroud, there is great danger in their immediate midst.

I note Jaina didn't get a scene here at the end. Nothing more to add to her part in this story? Or are we to draw her fate from the absence of her worrying voice? [face_thinking]

Poor, poor Cal Omas. Poor, poor Fyor Rodan, utterly in over his head and with himself to blame for every single step of the way. When Cal Omas was shot, we saw Fyor Rodan break. He is a tool now- an object. An obstacle was removed, suffering was caused, and a lesson was meted out in a single stroke. That is how the Sith conduct their business.

And speaking of Sith... now I can name the Dark Lord who has played the whole Galaxy like a finely-tuned musical instrument. Darth Malig, Emperor of the Raithians, Dark Lord of the Sith. I picked up on his name right away, and it is very apropos. I note he channels Revan very well- and as such, there is also a hint of Vader in his looming, menacing stance. Like Darth Vader and Darth Revan, Darth Malig's mere presence radiates terror and power. The way you write him, all thought and action in his presence seems to be drawn to him, as if he were bending everyone else's minds to his will with little effort. This is most certainly a Master. How does his Apprentice think he's anywhere near strong enough to challenge him?

And yet...

A smile must have formed behind the black and burgundy mask. "I am a man of great faith, as you know, Faybol. Faith in the prophecies, faith in my own sight... Faith in the Dark Side of the Force.

This is new. This is different. When have we ever heard a Sith Lord talk about faith? Granted, part of this faith is 'faith in my own sight', which is some arrogance perhaps... but being sure of the power you wield, which Sidious, Maul, Exar Kun, and many other Sith certainly were, isn't the same thing as having faith. Faith is strong and subtle, because it springs from something outside your own capabilities. Faith can survive setbacks and failures where pride and arrogance cannot. Faith is enduring and pervasive, and it is also contagious.

You know what? I believe Darth Malig will win. I think he'll rule the galaxy. Because with the Jedi afraid and uncertain who or what to trust, and the rest of the Galaxy likewise without any kind of firm foo

6. LosDosMos

Apr 16, 2005
    Thanks, it is really pretty, isn't it? It's in honor of Jaina being awesome again. :cool:

He's slow?

Or just an awful human being?

He didn't reject her later, as I'm sure you remember

Oh for Heaven's sake, don't remind me. [face_sick]

I think it's described in Courtship of Princess Leia.

Yeah, I stayed away from that book. :p

They have combat suits

Where were those suits on Myrkr? [face_thinking]

Yeah, I suppose I have to let her live now

:D

I suppose it's possible, they are friends. But I'm not sure Alema is really interested in that kind of a relationship.

That's true. On the other hand, YKU!Alema seems to be more settled than her canon counterpart. Not that that's difficult at this point. :p

And don't be so sure about Jaina/Wrev

I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER.

Why not? Do I get to perform the ceremony?

Of course! You were the one who created Wrev and brought us together, after all. [face_mischief]

Yeah, it's pretty funny, even here, since he's not certain there is a light or dark

*bangs head against desk*

In a fit of masochistic abandon, I've started rereading DN, and I cannot tell you how annoying it is to hear Luke spout off to Raynar about right and wrong and good and evil being illusions that the Jedi have learned to look past. :rolleyes: I hate these books. Why am I reading them?

You infatuation with Whitey is making more sense to me.

Pale skin is also a big turn-on. ;)

You know I agree.

And that is why you're awesome.

At least Lobi wasn?t decapitated.
    Yeah, yet

Harsh. :p I don't care for Denning's depictions of space battles, but his lightsaber fights are always brutally well done.

There is evidence in canon that Kyp is actually stronger in the Force than Luke (as far as potential goes), and it's mentioned in SBS that Anakin's presense is even stronger. A lot of people think Luke is the strongest though because he's Luke and Anakin Skywalker's son I'll just exclude him and Leia from the list:

1. Anakin Solo
    2. Jaina/Jacen
    3. Kyp
    4. Mara

After that I don't know that there are any real standouts.

Actually I meant to ask just about the YJKs in particular. For example, Anakin and Tahiri are stronger than the sum of their parts. Does that work in a literal sense in the YKU, as far their Force bond goes, or is it more along the lines of how well their personalities and traits mesh together?

I've seen that one... several times

I've seen every episode of Friends several times. :p

Yep, very similar in that way.

Poor thing, how awful.

So was Leia in the engineer's room with Han in Empire. Got a thing for Rodan?

He's easily the best looking megomaniacal galactic dictator since Palpatine. 8-}

Yeah, I can't wait to get to the Vjun scenes in the 3rd fic

Hmm. If we find out which Solo becomes Darth Havok in the next fic, and Vjun is in the 3rd fic, and according to the LotS trailer (are we gonna get a new one for the next fic, btw?) Mara and Anakin are at Bast Castle, does that mean Anakin ISN'T the next Sith? [face_thinking]

We'll get into who she is in the next fic and why Rénin doesn't allow himself to think of her...

We'll get into the makeup of the Raithian leadership later. I do have it all worked out though

Sounds like good stuff coming up.

They're very young

It's more the whole "not sure when the two of them would ever be ready for such a future" bit that rubs me the wrong way. :p Plus, too young? I'm willing to bet that neither of them FEELS very young.

Screwed everyone, that?s what! Ass.

Thanks so much for all your reading and replying this past year. Been a joy to read your responses.

My pleasure, dude! The story is great, and so is the c

7. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: Brooklyn?

[face_laugh] Now I'm gonna have to try to imagine Tenel Ka with a Brooklyn accent.

Maybe you're right. I always assumed it was Mandalorian infuluenced from his war with the Mandalorians.

That would make sense.

It's going to be fun

It would even be more fun with Delta Squad. ;)

Lady LosDosMos: Just a ladylike attack of the vapors, that's all.

Just making sure that it wasn't anything serious m'lady. :cool:

Btw, the icon looks nice. Is that you by any chance? I should point out that I like women who know how to fight with a saber/sword... [face_mischief]

Um, if you can?t beat Jacen Solo in the lightsaber duel, you?re probably not strong enough.

And here I thought you were going to say that Renin mustn't be a very good Sith. :p

A Sith Lord with a heart?

Is that like Jacen with morals at this point? :p

Yup. He?ll come around eventually, but damn if he wasn?t annoying on the Falcon. Though very much like a teenaged boy with an over-inflated sense of his own importance.

I think all teenagers are like that at some point. Some get over it quickly, others don't. ;)

Where were those suits on Myrkr?

They were lost or misplaced. Or maybe someone thought that Jedi didn't need them.

Kinda like how in BSG no one thought of using anti-radiation meds for the Raptor pilots who were flying through that star cluster in "The Passage". [face_frustrated]

*bangs head against desk*

In a fit of masochistic abandon, I've started rereading DN, and I cannot tell you how annoying it is to hear Luke spout off to Raynar about right and wrong and good and evil being illusions that the Jedi have learned to look past. I hate these books. Why am I reading them?

[face_laugh] I don't know, but it sounds like you're a glutton for punishment.

It's more the whole "not sure when the two of them would ever be ready for such a future" bit that rubs me the wrong way. Plus, too young? I'm willing to bet that neither of them FEELS very young.

Heck, I'm only 20 but I swear I feel older than that sometimes. :p

He'll straighten up when Jacen kills his mother. Assuming Mara kicks the bucket at some point in the series, I'm gonna really feel bad for her fans. She's been kind of, err, dumb in LotF. Not a great way to go out.

True, I've seen better.

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Trayus: First, I must of course say that this is a beautiful piece of prose, YodaKenobi. This story is so powerfully grand and sweeping, a worthy representation of the vast and wondrous galaxy of Star Wars. Yet you also write excellent scenes of intimacy, and the characters are richly depicted and lovingly directed so that their every thought or action feels right for them. I tip my hat to you, good sir, as a fellow writer. Your skills are considerable.

Thanks [face_blush] That's very kind of you to say. I try and write these stories as close to what I think of as Star Wars as possible, and make sure everything fits together right.

Now, on to the epilogue, and first I must mourn the showing of Callista's true colors. I had some hope for her- a dim belief that she might defy expectations and truly want to help the Jedi. Alas! She remains a tool of the Dark Lord. She is, however, an extremely well-crafted tool, and as might be expected for such a fine instrument, it's a joy to watch her work.

Yeah, she's tricky. But we don't know her motivations yet, so your hope in her individually may not have been misplaced. Have to wait and see.

Jacen has great integrity, but he still isn't entirely grounded. I think this is the flaw in searching for a more relativistic view of the Force for so long. Sometimes you need platitudes and doctrines as a place to plant your feet. Jacen knows he wants to protect Tenel Ka and the Jedi Order, but if he can't make up his mind how to do it, he's in a dangerous place. Callista is going to disorient him and devour him.

You're right about a lot of that. Jacen's biggest weakness, here and in canon, is his belief that knowledge can't be harmful, and his ambition to know everything about the Force. We know from previous Jedi turned Sith that this just isn't possible.

As far as Callista devouring him, we can guess that she'll try. Just have to hope Jacen will accept more traditional Jedi doctrine by then.

Anakin is almost uncannily certain of himself. He knows where he stands, as a son, as a brother, as a lover, and as a Jedi Knight. This only makes his friends and family into bigger weaknesses, however. So much of his sturdiness rests on Tahiri, who's proven herself susceptible both to bodily harm and the lure of the Dark Side. As Mace Windu might put it, Tahiri is Anakin's shatterpoint: break her, and you break him.

That's a terrific analogy :D And I tend to agree. We saw how determined Anakin was to save Tahiri in canon, and how the losses of loved ones affected him. Tahiri's death or "breaking" would change him forever.

With Jysella under Faybol's shroud, there is great danger in their immediate midst.

Also true ;)

I note Jaina didn't get a scene here at the end. Nothing more to add to her part in this story? Or are we to draw her fate from the absence of her worrying voice?

Jaina had a scene in each of the previous chapters from her POV (the scene with Jag and the scene with her brothers): Anakin had 0 and I think Jacen had 1. It was more a matter of already wrapping up what I wanted to reveal about her and her storyline for now as determined by what worked best chronologically.

Poor, poor Cal Omas. Poor, poor Fyor Rodan, utterly in over his head and with himself to blame for every single step of the way. When Cal Omas was shot, we saw Fyor Rodan break. He is a tool now- an object. An obstacle was removed, suffering was caused, and a lesson was meted out in a single stroke. That is how the Sith conduct their business.

Yep, exactly. It's also symbolic of the death of the Galactic Alliance we knew before.

And speaking of Sith... now I can name the Dark Lord who has played the whole Galaxy like a finely-tuned musical instrument. Darth Malig, Emperor of the Raithians, Dark Lord of the Sith.

He's not the Emperor of the Raithians ;) I don't want to give away too much about the makeup of the Raithian government/heirarchy yet, but he is not the emperor. There isn't one [fac

9. Trayus

Nov 15, 2006
    There is always a major flaw in the Sith philosophy, and I'm hoping to fix that.

I must say, it's refreshing to see someone take a crack at that in fandom. Even though the lure of Sith knowledge has been the downfall of so many Jedi, I do think certain elements of the Sith's approach to the Force has merit. For one thing, the Sith emphasis on control and domination seems to foster, in turn, a disdain for blind faith in the Force. The Jedi seem to trust the Force without fail- but the Force isn't biased towards them or any one group, and I think the notion that you can't go wrong following the Will of the Force is a dangerous one. The Sith are more willing to utilize their own judgment and planning, and it helps their Order survive when the Force throws them for a loop.

Then again, I've been kind of a Sith sympathizer since KOTOR2. After hearing Kreia speak so much sense (to my mind), I can't go back to the "Jedi Good, Sith Bad" view.

As for title suggestions, it out to be something movie-sounding. The Age of Heroes is a title worthy of the saga, and the next story ought to have a similarly cool name.

I have no idea how the doomed Solo child's fall comes about, or what the mood of it will be... but might I suggest "The Tragedy of Darth Havok"?

10. LosDosMos

Apr 16, 2005
    You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...[face_whistling]

You're an excellent knight. Is there something I can promote you to?

Btw, the icon looks nice. Is that you by any chance? I should point out that I like women who know how to fight with a saber/sword...

Jaina and I do share hair and eye color, as well as the ability to kick some major ass. [face_thinking]

And here I thought you were going to say that Renin mustn't be a very good Sith.

Well, that too. :p I think it's interesting, though, that he completely wrote off Jacen but was so well-prepared for and wary of Anakin. Jacen's suckage so great that it's even spread outside the galaxy. :p

Kinda like how in BSG no one thought of using anti-radiation meds for the Raptor pilots who were flying through that star cluster in "The Passage".

Poor Kat. As long as Helo and Athena stay together (and get Hera back, damn it!) I'm happy.

Heck, I'm only 20 but I swear I feel older than that sometimes.

Me too. I'll be 22 in February, and I feel like I have accomplished NOTHING since I graduated from high school. Four years in May! I feel ancient, and stuck in a rut. I'm tempted to pick up and follow my quasi-boyfriend to his first transfer when he gets out of Basic.

They had them. The one Anakin was wearing kept him safe from quite a few thud bugs, IIRC.

Hmm. Those were probably the crappy prototype can't-stop-amphistaff versions.

That's true. In the next fic Alema will pretty much end any commitments with the Chiss she'd taken on and return to her amorous roots

Just don't make her a whore please. :p

I should have started keeping track of who wanted Jaina/Wrev and who wants Jaina/Jag. I've forgotten I just want to know how many people I'm going to disappoint.

Pfff. THIS is what you need to say to the Jaina/Jag fans: [face_talk_hand]

Booyah!

Cool! Can I wear some outrageous miter?!

If you tell me what that means. :p

LOL, I've been rereading them too!

With this and the Friends references, I'm starting to think that we're of one mind. [face_mischief]

And yeah, it's very disheartening to see Luke saying these things, but it also makes it clear just how much of the Order's failures and Jacen's are actually Luke's fault.

The Order's sure. Most of Jacen's problems can be blamed on himself and Vergere, imo.

And don't blame DN for Luke's philosophy. That was the conclusion he came to at the end of TUF and it would have been very weird if DN started with the classic Luke.

I just blame DN for crappy characterization, flow-walking, and bugs. Why'd they have to be bugs? I HATE bugs. [face_sick]

Both. I think literally, they are stronger in the Force when they're together than they're apart.

Me too. :p Fangirl squee!

This may be true of Jedi in general though, since 12 Jedi students were able to hurl star destroyers out of the Yavin system in Dark Saber.

The novels I haven't read aren't canon. :cool:

Not at all. It could be that Anakin has become a Sith and is going to Bast Castle as a means of learning more about his grandfather and the Sith. Or taking it as his own home.

But if he's Darth Havok, why is Mara with him? Don't tell me you're planning on bringing over dumb!Mara from canon. :p

Maybe they don't want to raise children in such a dangerous galaxy?

Marriage and children aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't know if I can get away with that

Aw, sure you can! As the self-appointed representative of the South, I give you permission. :D

I know, I'm one of them Mara is my favorite character next to Anakin. Her characterization in Bloodlines was especially irritating to me and I'm going to be heartbroken if she dies.

But she'll live on in the YKU! Which is the only U that really matters. :cool:

Speaking of Mara's possible demise, what're the odds on

11. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Mar 18, 2006
    Lady LosDosMos: You're an excellent knight. Is there something I can promote you to?

I'd have to check. Would this be for a clonetrooper, rebel pilot, or knight? :cool:

Jaina and I do share hair and eye color, as well as the ability to kick some major ass.

Good... [face_mischief]

Well, that too. I think it's interesting, though, that he completely wrote off Jacen but was so well-prepared for and wary of Anakin. Jacen's suckage so great that it's even spread outside the galaxy.

[face_laugh]

I sometimes stop to remind myself that while this Jacen does have similarities to his SWU counterpart, he isn't exactly the same. :p

Poor Kat. As long as Helo and Athena stay together (and get Hera back, damn it!) I'm happy.
    I know. Kat was one of my favorites :(. I don't know why really, maybe it was because, minus "The Passage" and a couple of other things, she sorta reminded me of Wedge. At least as a hot-shot pilot anyway. :p And yes I agree on the things about Helo and Sharon. So glad that Adama (one of my other favs) didn't know about what happened :D .

If you want me to, m'lady, I can PM any other comments I have on BSG so we don't clog up the thread. I can go on and on with some of these things.;)

Me too. I'll be 22 in February, and I feel like I have accomplished NOTHING since I graduated from high school. Four years in May! I feel ancient, and stuck in a rut. I'm tempted to pick up and follow my quasi-boyfriend to his first transfer when he gets out of Basic.

[face_laugh]
    I'm pretty sure I've been through a lot more than you have ;) .

YK: Blurb/plot summary for the next fic will be posted tomorrow along with a list of possible titles. Any suggestions on titles would be greatly appreciated

I'll second the "Woot!" :D . Can't wait to read them.

12. Trayus

Nov 15, 2006
    But if he's Darth Havok, why is Mara with him? Don't tell me you're planning on bringing over dumb!Mara from canon.

Well, if Anakin is Dark Side by the time he goes to Bast Castle, and Mara is in tow, wouldn't that mean Mara had turned as well? As far as she's come from her days as the Emperor's Hand, prior experience with the Dark Side does tend to make one more susceptible to its future charms.

Which, incidentally, is another strike in Jaina's favor.

13. LosDosMos

Apr 16, 2005
    Whatever floats your boat, my dear. [face_mischief]

I sometimes stop to remind myself that while this Jacen does have similarities to his SWU counterpart, he isn't exactly the same.

They both suck though. :p

If you want me to, m'lady, I can PM any other comments I have on BSG so we don't clog up the thread. I can go on and on with some of these things.

Go for it, dude! As I'm sure everyone has picked up on by now, I'm a bit long-winded myself. :p

I'm pretty sure I've been through a lot more than you have

Braggart. [face_talk_hand] :p

That was my thought as well. If Anakin is Darth Havok, Mara has to know it. Yobi dislikes her LotF characterization so much, I can't see him making her as blind in his own series.

As far as she's come from her days as the Emperor's Hand, prior experience with the Dark Side does tend to make one more susceptible to its future charms.

True, but on the other hand, it can make you wary and watchful. Zekk, for example--as he's been written from SbS onward, I can't see him ever turning to the Dark side again. As Jaina observed in Tempest, he'd rather die.

There are so many enemies--Faybol, Renin, Aero, Malig, and soon Havok--that I can't see very many Jedi, if any, besides the one Solo falling. Dying, yes. :p But not falling. That would be overkill.

Of course, you never know about Wrev. [face_thinking] Especially if Jaina rejects him or gets back with Jag. I don't see Jysella going Dark, but she could sure as hell inadvertently f things up for everybody else. :p

The problem with Jaina's nightmare is that there are just too many dark-haired men in her life. :p Jacen, Anakin, Jag, Zekk, Kyp, Wrev--we know Wrev is one of the two men, but the other?

14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Trayus: I must say, it's refreshing to see someone take a crack at that in fandom. Even though the lure of Sith knowledge has been the downfall of so many Jedi, I do think certain elements of the Sith's approach to the Force has merit. For one thing, the Sith emphasis on control and domination seems to foster, in turn, a disdain for blind faith in the Force. The Jedi seem to trust the Force without fail- but the Force isn't biased towards them or any one group, and I think the notion that you can't go wrong following the Will of the Force is a dangerous one. The Sith are more willing to utilize their own judgment and planning, and it helps their Order survive when the Force throws them for a loop.

Do we know that the Force doesn't have a bias? Or more likely, that the Jedi are more likely doing what the Force does want?

Then again, I've been kind of a Sith sympathizer since KOTOR2. After hearing Kreia speak so much sense (to my mind), I can't go back to the "Jedi Good, Sith Bad" view.

Kreia reminding me of Vergere. I knew she was evil right away :p

As for title suggestions, it out to be something movie-sounding. The Age of Heroes is a title worthy of the saga, and the next story ought to have a similarly cool name.

Yeah, I'm just not good at coming up with them [face_thinking]

I have no idea how the doomed Solo child's fall comes about, or what the mood of it will be... but might I suggest "The Tragedy of Darth Havok"?

That's really cool :D I'll add it to the list. Thanks a lot!

LosDosMos: You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

Who are you singing to? :p

Hmm. Those were probably the crappy prototype can't-stop-amphistaff versions.

Well, an amphistaff can hold off a lightsaber, so no surprise there 8-}

Just don't make her a whore please.

Hey, I have to stay true to the character :p

Pfff. THIS is what you need to say to the Jaina/Jag fans:
    Booyah!

I like the Jaina/Jag fans [face_not_talking]

If you tell me what that means.

It's a big pointed hat, normally religious. Like Lott Dodd's here:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/250px-Lottdodturn.jpg]

With this and the Friends references, I'm starting to think that we're of one mind.

Well, we both have February birthdays apparently [face_thinking]

The Order's sure. Most of Jacen's problems can be blamed on himself and Vergere, imo.

Yeah, but go back to the start of the NJO when Luke was encouraging him to question everything rather than remind him that there was the danger of the dark side in some knowledge. Or in TUF when he embraced Jacen's new view of the Force. For some reason, Luke has always seemed to look up to Jacen when he should have been instructing him. I think Jacen's questioning played on Luke's own insecurities that he didn't know enough about the Force, and he assumed Jacen was on to something.

I just blame DN for crappy characterization, flow-walking, and bugs. Why'd they have to be bugs? I HATE bugs.

What about that stupid ship illusion thing Luke keeps doing? :p

The novels I haven't read aren't canon.

Nice policy.

But if he's Darth Havok, why is Mara with him? Don't tell me you're planning on bringing over dumb!Mara from canon.

Lot's of possiblities. She doesn't know he's Darth Hâvok or she has turned to the dark side herself because of Luke's capture or death. She also could be with him in the hopes of turning him from his path.

But she'll live on in the YKU! Which is the only U that really matters.

I'll try to keep telling myself that 8-}

Speaking of Mara's possible demise, what're the odds on Zahn being unhappy and declining to write any more SW books? He's pretty protective of his creation.

Not sure. I can't imagine he'd be happy [face_thinking]

We'll have a day of mourning in the next fic's thread. Oh, it just dawned on me--we should

15. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_dancing] So excited!

My vote:
    1)Descent
    2)Seduction

I also like Battle of Heroes, but I could see that as the Final Chapter.

Great ideas!

Edit: Don't you like instant feedback?

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice teaser YK. Looking forward to the next one.

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    My votes:

1. Exodus

2. Battle of Heroes

18. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    I haven?t said it in a while, but it?s time for the first call of the new year: TGIF!

What a Friday it is. I told myself that today would be the day I finally stopped being lazy and review the epilogue, and look at the incentive I got: a teaser!

You?re too good to us, YK.

First things first: the epilogue.

<snip>First glimpse of Malig</snip>

Awesome scene description. You could just feel the misery to come settling in over the story.

They had all failed his lord. Faybol had been tasked with the capture of Anakin Solo, while the war's engineer had passed the job of imprisoning Jaina to his blood-thirsty henchmen Aero Gin... and Rénin was supposed to deliver Jacen, thought to be the least promising of them all.

Wouldn?t that be henchwoman Aero Gin? :p
    Yeah, not too fond of Renin?s thought that Jacen?s the least promising. That sort of thought tends to bite you on the butt.

Or stick a lightsaber through it.

Rénin grimaced, the icy rain and inescapable tension making him tremble for a moment. "They proved more resilient than we anticipated."

*snort*

"No, there is no anger there. It is Jaina, or the other boy Faybol failed to capture."

"You sound so certain..." Malig replied.

Maybe not a lot of anger, but enough to be troublesome. Also, a lot of stubbornness. Then again, that?s true for all three of them.

"You will understand in time, my apprentice," Malig assured.

Mmhm. You?ll understand that Malig?s setting you up to be killed by one of the Solos.

"They say he was there when Palpatine was killed," Rénin grinned. "When his father destroyed him."

He?s grinning? That?s a strange reaction. [face_thinking]

But before he could even reach out in the Force towards his wife, he found that it wasn't there, as if the Force itself no longer existed.

Ysalamiri. Took them long enough. I?m surprised they didn?t do that earlier out of fear from the big bad Master Jedi.

"You attacked them," Luke snarled, his jaw clenched. "You want to exterminate the whole Order."

Wow. Luke?s got some anger issues too. He always struck me as able to be calm in any situation.

The graying human turned back to him, malevolent grin stretching across his face. "You have nothing to offer, Master Skywalker. I just want you to know that I could end your suffering now, but I'm not going to. That I could save the Jedi in their time of need, but I refuse to."

:mad:

You know what Luke? Forget the dark side. Forget the force. Just kill him.

"You're getting desperate, Skywalker," Rodan sneered. "This Alliance with the Raithians is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Federation. Unlike the Jedi, they can be trusted."

And you?re about to eat those words, Rodan. Couldn?t happen to a better person.

Tahiri Veila's bare feet were dunked in the water, her backside perched on the lip of the basin while she let the cool liquid engulf her wiggling toes.

First, the description of the fountain made me want one just like it. :p Second, it?s little touches like Tahiri enjoying water on her bare feet that make me appreciate how well you tie canon into your universe.

I dreamt I was my grandfather. I dreamt I was Darth Vader."

Not good.

"Yeah... but that's the thing... I can't stand the thought of losing you."

So not good.

"I don't ever want to lose you," he whispered when their lips parted.

"You won't," she repeated.

So very not good.

He wouldn't let anything happen to Tahiri.

Ever.

Gosh darn you, Anakin! Stop thinking like your grandfather! *huff*

Aero Gin had finally met her match.

She lives! I know you told us that, but yay! But man, that description was a little icky.

But he would never get that opportunity for revenge? not if Anakin Solo was the one, and after meeting him, Faybol had little doubt that he was.

Hmm. [face_thinking] But it?s never who you think it is!

?and I've

19. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    In the end, the Solo and Skywalker families will be torn asunder as one of the Solos chooses to betray the Jedi and their loved ones, and becomes Darth Hâvok.

[face_devil] Mhuahaha, the legacy of Lord Vader will live on. [face_devil]

Very interesting and, well, teasing teaser. :p

As for the next title: Infinite Darkness [face_laugh] Hopefully things will go bad, bad, bad!

I just love a healthy dose of drama before a happy end!

You know what I love most of The Age of Heroes?

Well, almost everything [face_laugh], but one little piece of text in particular:

Chapter 4 / Jaina Solo

Send someone else when you need a negotiator. Jaina Solo is dispatched to drop the hammer. And when she does, one can be assured that the stroke will fall hardest.

I'm not sure why, but that always impressed me. I never really was a 'fan' of Jaina in profic, but since I've read your Sword of the Jedi I really care about her.

So, that's another reason I have to thank you for. :D =D=

20. Trayus

Nov 15, 2006
    I'm going to agree with Goddess_Jaya's choice of Descent as my top title pick. It describes what's going to happen to the galaxy so well. The Alliance may have been taken over in this story, but in the next one, everybody's going to be dragged under. It's a descent into Hell- you could start with the inscription over the gates of Hell in the Inferno.

Second pick is Seduction. It also describes what's going to happen very well. And scenes of dark seduction are my favorites in all Star Wars stories. I guess I like to watch the metamorphosis- to see a character I know and like change because of their choice, and change in a dramatic way.

I certainly wouldn't be so gauche as to vote for my own suggestion. :p

Regarding the teaser, I must say: haven't Jacen and Anakin learned by now that teaming up is a bad idea? They love each other, they'd do anything to protect each other, but each one gets on the other's nerves more than any other being in the galaxy. A mission that involves taking a Sith Lord hostage, one who would like very much to ruin Jacen's life, isn't the kind of thing that two brothers who commonly bicker with each other should be undertaking.

Jag and Wrev are another solid nomination for Worst Teamup Ever. And look, their situation is tense too! Trapped in the midst of the churning Raithian war machine, in unfamiliar territory, with the woman that both of them love. Poor Jaina. Her suitors are going to be at each others' throats.

21. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    My personal opinion? Exodus of Heroes. Yes, I made it up. :p

Nice teaser. Leaves me curious just who Havok is. It's possible that either Anakin and Jacen could be seduced by Renin . . . but Jaina Solo suffering the tragedy could drive her to darkness too.

Please don't kill Jag . . . [face_praying] Sorry, loyal J/J fanboy here . . .

22. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002

Oh no, not Zekk ---> Antares :eek:

I can't get past the waif boy who ate the flower arrangement for dinner salad :p How could Antares have been descended from that [face_laugh] He's just way too cool...shirtless that is. :*

Bless his heart Zekk does need an identity beyond Jaina. I can see it shining more through and through. In a way I think it would be shame if they get J/J together and dump his character all together. His view of the galaxy - all black or all white - is great to work around as a storyteller. But it would be too cruel to have him follow Jaina around the galaxy. Can you imagine the J/J and Zekk/wifey dinner gatherings? Not :p

I'm very excited with the preview. I can't wait for the next installment.

Personally (based on where your last story's been and where this preview hints to) I vote for

1) Seduction
    2) Battle of Heroes

Have fun picking the title. That's my favorite part of starting a new story.

23. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    sorry I've been gone for a while, college does that too you. I've been lurking, no time to post you see. but I have enjoyed this all very much. and I would rocommend Battle of Hero's, though as other have mentioned it would make a better title for the final instalment in the series. A Hero's Fall would be a better choice I think saving battle of Hero's for the last.

24. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    This is why YodaKenobi is the ultimate fan fic master!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]=D=:D
    (I know I'm a little late, but I've only just joined! It took me quite a few days to fully read through every thing! They were all great posts and this was one hell of a good fic, YodaKenobi!!!)

Anakin looked down again at the water, considering this. "I had a nightmare last night." Tahiri threw him a questioning look and he continued. "One I haven't had for years... I dreamt I was my grandfather. I dreamt I was Darth Vader."
    "You were there again," Anakin said after a moment, "except... you were dead. I couldn't do anything to help you. I tried but I couldn't save you..."

As the young man fought back tears, Tahiri place a hand on his shoulder. "It was just a dream, Anakin. I'm here. I'm fine."

"I know... but if felt so real," he whispered.

"We all have to face our trials, Anakin," Tahiri encouraged, stroking his arm. "I have no doubt that you can traverse yours with ease, just like you do everything else. But if you can't, you know I'll be there to help you... just like you reined me in on Dantooine. I was letting my fear take over... my fear of losing you again, and you stopped me. As long as we're together, I know we'll be okay. Just like Master Ikrit said."

"Yeah... but that's the thing... I can't stand the thought of losing you."
    f what Anakin had dreamed was a portent of things to come he would stop them from happening. He wouldn't let anything happen to Tahiri. Ever.

Do I sense an Anakin Skywalker/Padme issue coming on??? Anakin to turn to the darkside to save Tahiri's life, etc, etc, and in the end Tahiri gets killed because of it??
    Not that I'm complaining...I'll take any A/T time I can get...
    Just don't kill Tahiri (or Anakin)...
    [face_praying]

25. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My votes:

1. Exodus
    2. Outcasts