main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Age of Heroes (post-NJO AU: Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, L/M, H/L, Tahiri, Kyp,Jag) Sequel 2/2/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Just had a thought YK, perhaps you better add in the Love Pentagon (or whatever shape it is now) dramatis personae on the next story too. :p ;)

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, we crossed the 2000 post mark [face_dancing] I've never had a thread become this long before. Thanks for all the replies, guys [:D]

Spike: Wannabe romantic
    LosDosMos's Number One on myspace

[face_laugh]

Wedge: Hopefully that is rectified by the third one.

It will be. We'll actually see Thrawn very early on in that one.

Ah, I see. Didn't remember him.

It's okay, I didn't actually expect that anyone would :p

Because then the story would go something like:
    Leia sent Kyle Katarn to rescue Luke. Kyle went to Dennon, but Darth Malig, Darth Rapier, and Faybol with his Kurol got in his way. Kyle stares at them and they run away in fear and take their armies with them. Kyle then rescued Luke and arrested Rodan.

[face_laugh]

Stop posting spoilers! 8-}

Speaking of that, I got HALO for my laptop earlier this week. I...can't...stop...playing...it...

I've had that on my xbox for a few years. I just get a headache from first-person shooters and I'm not all that good at them :p I think I only made it to like the 4th level.

Good game though. I never played the sequel.

I hope I didn't jinx anything...

Nah :p It's already been written.

Yeah, he is... Just like how Jaina and Jag are together...

Yeah, it's a sign.

Ah-ha so it is Jacen that becomes Darth Hâvok.

Or it's just my favorite Sith name 8-}

Speaking of that Darth Who contest, what do you think of the nominees?

Like most people, I'm underwhelmed. I like Caedus, but it looks so Latin it sort of throws you out of the fantasty. I wish they'd change the spelling. I also like the meaning of Acheron, but that's about it.

Palpy: Reading is obviously a skill I have yet to master...

Nah, it was an easy mistake to make.

I hope Darth Hâvok will finish him off. I don't know why, but...I promise I'll dance if it does happen.

I can't comment on that, but Hubbas will be a part of some rather intense scenes...

Good choice! Thanks for explaining it. Sometimes it's hard for a non-native speaker to figure out all the meanings.

I can only imagine. I only speak one language, so you're far ahead of me, my friend.

Yes, that was more or less the answer I expected...

Sorry :p

Ant: I love your signature, Palpy!!!

I was going to say that too :D I can't decided if I like the Metal Gear Solid 2 part more, or the book reviews I totally agree with [face_thinking]

Tahi: Looking forward to the next story.

Glad to hear it! Thanks :)

Goddess_Jaya: *blows dust off keyboard* Wow. It feels like it?s been forever since I?ve posted in here.
    TGIF!

[face_dancing]

Hm. I forgot about the whole Jacen?s-not-right-in-the-head subplot. I guess that would put a damper on a relationship.

It's possible [face_whistling]

Ah, so that?s who he was talking to. That last line of the trailer confused me.

It's okay. There is more than one possibility.

I said it was a he. Did you miss my big ramble? That?s my theory and I?m sticking to it.

[face_laugh]

My mistake!

Bad, YK. You?re already driving us crazy enough.

It's half of the fun ;
    A little, actually. Wasn?t Anakin supposed to take after granddaddy more and have blondish-hair?

I think Anakin's might be a little darker, actually :p

Good. You only need to start getting concerned if we start spouting theories about reverse reverse reverse psychology.

Maybe we'll see that in the next thread 8-}

I may ask, but it?s just a tease. I?m not the type of person that can read the last few pages of a mystery novel and then go back and read the whole thing.
    The author of another epic fanfiction I tuned into daily that just wrapped up a few weeks ago offered to reveal the major plot points half-way through the series (midway through story fou

3. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ooooh. Now that is a pretty awesome teaser.

Hiding with Neimoidians? Now isn't that a twist :p

4. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    I can remember when I finished Heir to the Empire I thought that was as good as it was going to get.The next day I started Dark Force Rising and well I was wrong.It could get better!I fell the same about LOTS 2.From your new brillant OC,to Mara talking to a Nemodian,I now feel this will be a amazing story.You know when I said Zahn was the only author who was better then you.I'm seriously reconsidering that.[face_mischief]

P.S.,12 days till Lost returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing] :D =P~

5. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: I've had that on my xbox for a few years. I just get a headache from first-person shooters and I'm not all that good at them I think I only made it to like the 4th level.

Good game though. I never played the sequel.

I don't have an X-box, so I had to wait for the computer release. :p It's pretty good, I can see what all the hype was about when it came out... [face_hypnotized]

I don't think I've ever played the sequel as well. Guess I'll have to wait for the PC release. 8-}

Or it's just my favorite Sith name

[face_laugh] Or that.

Like most people, I'm underwhelmed. I like Caedus, but it looks so Latin it sort of throws you out of the fantasty. I wish they'd change the spelling. I also like the meaning of Acheron, but that's about it.

Maybe it should've been Caidus instead of Caedus. :p I thought the Latin translation of Caedus, and the meaning of Acheron were apropriate for good ol' Darth Jacen. ;)

It hadn't just been a squad of Raithian troopers there waiting for her? He had been there as well.

The being the Jedi had come to fear.

Haven't there been like 30 of them? 8-}

Her eyes gleamed as she stared back into the noseless face of the Neimoidian, his mottled skin graying and his mouth turned in a perpetual frown that Mara was sure she was supposed to identify as stern, but could instead see Cato Neimoidia's increased gravity pulling at the gummy lips through thousands of years of evolution. Hirum Krawl was doing his best to appear authoritative throughout the meeting, dressed in a garish tangerine cloak of simmersilk, while the dark miter covering the large bumps on his alien head was stacked ridiculously high.

Gotta love those Neimoidians. :p

"You're here because you have nowhere else to go," the Neimoidian declared in his garbled Basic still trying to wear the veneer of confidence. "The Jedi are all alone in the galaxy now. There is no one, no ally for you to seek help from.

Again, is this new in anyway? :p

"What would be the point?" The Jedi Master questioned. "You've got me in a corner and you know it. I'm obviously not smart enough to fool you."

"It's good of you to acknowledge?"

"?Clearly if there was anywhere else I had to go, I wouldn't have come to a second-rate crime syndicate with a third-rate leader, who's still using forty-year-old battle droids and malnourished warriors for protection? Obviously, I'm desperate."

[face_beatup] [face_laugh] Always count on Mara to turn any compliment into an insult.

Spike: Just had a thought YK, perhaps you better add in the Love Pentagon (or whatever shape it is now) dramatis personae on the next story too.

Is that for the fic or for the thread? 8-}

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    *Double fixed :p

Interesting trailer. Me likey and I can't believe I missed the DP. Oh well, blame it on my school.

7. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

MARA!!!! :eek: :eek:

This is gonna be one awesome fic!!!! I can't wait....teasers are soooo cruel!!! :p

Oh, and a big congrats on reaching the 2000-post mark...what a milestone!!!

=D=[:D]:*

Ant. ]-}

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spike: Ooooh. Now that is a pretty awesome teaser.

Hiding with Neimoidians? Now isn't that a twist

Yeah. The Jedi are going to be forced to go a lot of places in order to find allies now [face_mischief]

corran2: I can remember when I finished Heir to the Empire I thought that was as good as it was going to get.The next day I started Dark Force Rising and well I was wrong.It could get better!I fell the same about LOTS 2.

Wow, thanks :D

From your new brillant OC,to Mara talking to a Nemodian,I now feel this will be a amazing story.You know when I said Zahn was the only author who was better then you.I'm seriously reconsidering that.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

I'm a big Zahn fan. I can't wait to get Allegiance tomorrow [face_love]

P.S.,12 days till Lost returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah! [face_dancing] I'm so excited! Only 9 days now [face_mischief]

Wedge: I don't have an X-box, so I had to wait for the computer release.

I've never gotten that used to playing games on a computer :p I still like using controllers.

It's pretty good, I can see what all the hype was about when it came out...

Yeah. It's a lot of fun shooting all those aliens.

I don't think I've ever played the sequel as well. Guess I'll have to wait for the PC release.

Probably about the time Halo 3 comes out :p

Maybe it should've been Caidus instead of Caedus. I thought the Latin translation of Caedus, and the meaning of Acheron were apropriate for good ol' Darth Jacen.

Me too. I think it would be pronounced "Ky-dus" which also makes a better spelling 8-}

Haven't there been like 30 of them?

Yeah, but this is the new one!

Gotta love those Neimoidians.

Handsome devils.

Always count on Mara to turn any compliment into an insult.

pwnage :p

Sil: *Double fixed

[face_laugh]

I was waiting for you to come in and defend Tenel Ka's good name ;)

Interesting trailer. Me likey and I can't believe I missed the DP. Oh well, blame it on my school.

Yeah, it happens. Thanks for your reply :D

Ant: MARA!!!!
    This is gonna be one awesome fic!!!!

I can't wait....teasers are soooo cruel!!!

Yeah :p I wanted to give you guys something.

Oh, and a big congrats on reaching the 2000-post mark...what a milestone!!!

Hehe. Thanks :p

No teasers this Friday... How about the first post of Legacy of the Sith: Exodus instead [face_mischief] The fic begins on Groundhog Day, Friday February 2nd [face_devil]

9. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Ooooooohhh....so the bunny has a name?!?!?!? :D

I like Exodus...it was one of my favourites!! :p

Friday, huh? That means I have to wait until Saturday my time to read it.....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Stupid time differences!!! :mad:

Ant.
    ]-}

10. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: I'm a big Zahn fan. I can't wait to get Allegiance tomorrow

Same here. :D

Yeah. It's a lot of fun shooting all those aliens.

If you liked doing that in the first couple of levels, wait until you get to level six or seven... [face_whistling] [face_devil]

Probably about the time Halo 3 comes out

That would be my luck. :p

Me too. I think it would be pronounced "Ky-dus" which also makes a better spelling

*nods head* Yeah, "Ky-dus" sounds better than "Kay-dus".

[face_laugh]

Now teasers this Friday... How about the first post of Legacy of the Sith: Exodus instead The fic begins on Groundhog Day, Friday February 2nd

Two things:

1) I think you meant "No teasers" instead of "Now teasers". ;)

2) Sounds good. :cool:

11. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    You've chosen the title, that's great. can't wait to see the start of the fic.

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I already got Allegiance on Saturday. Not a bad book, but definitely the worst he's written.

13. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    "?Clearly if there was anywhere else I had to go, I wouldn't have come to a second-rate crime syndicate with a third-rate leader, who's still using forty-year-old battle droids and malnourished warriors for protection? Obviously, I'm desperate."

Prediction for Krawl 's reaction to Mara: *speechless-sputter-speechless*

[face_laugh]

Previews look great YK! Can't wait for the big event on Friday!

14. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    It will be a happy birthday for me [face_mischief]

Poor Danni - cannon fodder [face_laugh]

[face_dancing] I can't wait to see where this story goes [face_dancing]

15. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Jedi-Ant: I love your signature, Palpy!!!

Hey, thanks. :D Props to Konami for a lot of semi-hilarious / semi-shocking lines like that. :p

YodaKenobi: I can only imagine. I only speak one language, so you're far ahead of me, my friend.

Aww, thanks. [face_blush] Reading is mostly not a problem for me but writing is an entirely different thing. Anyway, thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

Still haven't decided on a title yet, but I'm leaning heavily towards "Exodus" now.

I like it. That's the name of Rapier's ship, too, right? Makes me wonder what will happen with or on that vessel... [face_thinking]

Congratulations on crossing the 2000 post mark! =D= That's awesome! :cool:

Oh, and interesting teaser by the way! :p Only a few days now! [face_dancing]

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Ant: Ooooooohhh....so the bunny has a name?!?!?!?
    I like Exodus...it was one of my favourites!!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

Friday, huh? That means I have to wait until Saturday my time to read it.....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Stupid time differences!!!

Aww, sorry. Well, it's already Friday for you though, so you're ahead of the game ;) Right?

Wedge: Same here.

:D

If you liked doing that in the first couple of levels, wait until you get to level six or seven...

I should give it a try again.

*nods head* Yeah, "Ky-dus" sounds better than "Kay-dus".

Yeah, it does :cool:d

1) I think you meant "No teasers" instead of "Now teasers".

No, I didn't. I meant I would be posting National Organization for Women teasers :p

Thanks though :p

2) Sounds good.

Glad you like :cool:

FORCEBlLADE: You've chosen the title, that's great.

Thank you.

can't wait to see the start of the fic.

It's only a day away ;) Hope it's worth the wait.

Spike: I already got Allegiance on Saturday. Not a bad book, but definitely the worst he's written.

I'm not quiet finished yet. I'm enjoying it, but there are obvious problems (like a point? 8-}) So far I'm liking it better than Outbound Flight though...

Jaya: Prediction for Krawl 's reaction to Mara: *speechless-sputter-speechless*

You're not far off ;)

Previews look great YK! Can't wait for the big event on Friday!

Glad you're excited :D I am too actually [face_dancing] Always fun to kick off a new fic.

TKL: It will be a happy birthday for me

Well, I hope it is anyway ;) [:D]

Poor Danni - cannon fodder

It's slightly better than in canon though, where her name is being written in the DPs with invisible ink, apparently...

I can't wait to see where this story goes

Thanks, TKL :D Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow! :)

Palpy: Props to Konami for a lot of semi-hilarious / semi-shocking lines like that.

Some great sigs could be made from all the cheesy lines in MGS [face_laugh]

I like it. That's the name of Rapier's ship, too, right? Makes me wonder what will happen with or on that vessel...

Some stuff will happen ;) That's all I can say right now :p

Congratulations on crossing the 2000 post mark! That's awesome!

Oh, and interesting teaser by the way! Only a few days now!

Yep, I'm glad you liked it :)

Well, tomorrow's the big day :D Look for the new post to be up sometime in the afternoon. I'll post a link here and PM those who asked to be notified. Thanks for your patience, everyone [:D]

Oh, I don't know if I'd brought it up before, but the in-universe time-elapse between Age of Heroes and Exodus is approximately one standard month.

17. Charon_Force

Charon_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2006
    One month later? Hope you'll fill us in then. We know how much happens in this crazy galaxy in a day, let alone in a month. 8-}

MUST . . . HAVE . . . POST . . . NOW. =P~

Been liking the back-and-forth with Tenel Ka and Danni. Is it a coincedence that they are/were love interests for Jacen? :p

I like the previews too! Jaina falling like that is interesting . . . it reminds me of the Steward of Gondor's enflamed fall in Return Of The King . . .

The Darth-Who name I voted for was 'Paxis', strangely enough. Felt it fit Jacen's motivations (however misguided) the best . . . and it's the only one that can't be mispronounced. :p

Anyway, can't wait for the post . . .

18. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Gah! I KEEP POSTING UNDER THE SOCK! stupid stupid stupid . . .

Either that or it's an accidentally clever marketing campaign . . . :p

19. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    YK:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

:D

Aww, sorry. Well, it's already Friday for you though, so you're ahead of the game ;) Right?

Yup...it's Friday now...and I have an RDO today!!!!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Oh, I don't know if I'd brought it up before, but the in-universe time-elapse between Age of Heroes and Exodus is approximately one standard month.

Hmmm...well if you did I must have missed it. :p

Thanks for letting us know...only 1 sleep to go til Exodus!!! Yay!!! [face_dancing]
    *does Exodus dance of joy*

Ant.
    ]-}

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    *Unspoiled* for Exodus (no teaser reading)... and proud of it! [face_not_talking]

Really looking forward to tomorrow, Yobi!! [face_dancing]

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  22. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    *Happy Dance* I'm back from my self-imposed vacation from the boards.

In response to the last post: :eek: =D= X infinity. Now I am going to find the next fic.

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Charon_Force/cheese: One month later? Hope you'll fill us in then. We know how much happens in this crazy galaxy in a day, let alone in a month.

Yeah, no kidding [face_laugh] All should be explained in a few posts ;)

MUST . . . HAVE . . . POST . . . NOW.

I'm honored you're so enthused :D

Been liking the back-and-forth with Tenel Ka and Danni. Is it a coincedence that they are/were love interests for Jacen?

I don't think so :p Whitey is in love with Danni and Sil is a solid J/TK 'shipper.

I like the previews too! Jaina falling like that is interesting . . . it reminds me of the Steward of Gondor's enflamed fall in Return Of The King . . .

Hadn't thought of that connection [face_laugh] I don't think Jaina will be on fire.

The Darth-Who name I voted for was 'Paxis', strangely enough. Felt it fit Jacen's motivations (however misguided) the best . . . and it's the only one that can't be mispronounced.

"Darth Peace" just didn't sound right to me. I went with "Darth Caedus" even if it looks too Latin for my tastes :p

Anyway, can't wait for the post . . .

Gah! I KEEP POSTING UNDER THE SOCK! stupid stupid stupid . . .

It happens to everyone once in awhile :p

Either that or it's an accidentally clever marketing campaign . . .

[face_laugh]

Very clever!

Ant: Yup...it's Friday now...and I have an RDO today!!!!

I don't know what that means :p

Hmmm...well if you did I must have missed it.

Yeah, I don't think I'd said it yet 8-}

Thanks for letting us know...only 1 sleep to go til Exodus!!! Yay!!!
    *does Exodus dance of joy*

Cool, Exodus has it's own dance?! [face_dancing]

oldj: *Unspoiled* for Exodus (no teaser reading)... and proud of it!

You're like me; I try and avoid spoilers :p

Really looking forward to tomorrow, Yobi!!

Thank you. I hope you're enjoying it [:D]

jasa: *Happy Dance* I'm back from my self-imposed vacation from the boards.

Hehe. Glad to see you :D I hope you had a nice break.

In response to the last post: X infinity. Now I am going to find the next fic.

Thanks, I'm so glad you liked it :)

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't know what that means

RDO means "rostered day off" ...it means a long weekend for me!!! :D

Cool, Exodus has it's own dance?!

It does now! Would you like me to teach it to you?? :p