main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Age of Heroes (post-NJO AU: Anakin, Jaina, Jacen, L/M, H/L, Tahiri, Kyp,Jag) Sequel 2/2/07!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Wow. Great post. Putting Kyp and Mirax together- frakking brilliant. Can't wait for more.

2. poku_29

poku_29 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 19, 2005
    Ahh, excelent. Needless to say, great post yet again.
    For somereason I half expected it to be so with Miramax and Kyp. Still it almoust managed to blow the air out of me. Corran not happy, mesa thinks.
    Enough with the END. Starting to get a bit too worried. Have you said "and there is nothing that he/she/they can do to stop it. He/she/they can only play their part" with every character by now? Have to check,,,,
    Where is Tahi? :mad:

Ohh, by the way. I have to agree with Ys-evil-twin's last post. It has, however, worked pretty good so far. But if too much used it might start to bother. You know there has to be some criticizing somewhere [face_peace]

3. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Kyp/Mirax?!!! :eek: You know, it's wierd... I remember reading about it in the replys on Friday, but when I finally read the chapter, I had completely forgotten and was actually shocked for once. 8-}

The "this is the end" passages certainly aren't wearing on me. ;)

And when you say Danni will appear in a few chapters, does that mean 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? I need an answer. :p

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    evil-twin: Apocolypse eh? Might as well start moving preparations.

Heh.

In all seriousness, excellent posts,

but your "this is so and so" style is starting to wear on me. I wasn't big fan of it in the ROTS novelization, and its not helping here.

Okay, sorry.

As Kyp/Mirax, I don't know if I should be accepting or furious.

All right...

melissa: ha, all cought up.

Yay :D

Kyp and Mirax... never saw that one coming.

Yeah, sort of out of left field :p

I have to bring up a quote from a couple of chapters ago:
    I'm still want to see Wrev/Jaina. I think that'd be awsome.

I think you're one of the only ones who thinks that. [face_laugh] but I'm glad you think it would be awesome.

Keep up the good writing

Thanks so much :)

Jek: Wow. Great post. Putting Kyp and Mirax together- frakking brilliant. Can't wait for more.

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it :D

poku: Ahh, excelent. Needless to say, great post yet again.
    For somereason I half expected it to be so with Miramax and Kyp. Still it almoust managed to blow the air out of me. Corran not happy, mesa thinks.

Thanks. Yeah, it was meant to be surprising :)

Enough with the END. Starting to get a bit too worried. Have you said "and there is nothing that he/she/they can do to stop it. He/she/they can only play their part" with every character by now? Have to check,,,,

Nah, just Luke and Kyp. If it makes you feel any better there will be less of that as we go and the next chapter is all past-tense :p

Where is Tahi?

Tahiri is some place nice ;)

Ohh, by the way. I have to agree with Ys-evil-twin's last post. It has, however, worked pretty good so far. But if too much used it might start to bother. You know there has to be some criticizing somewhere

Yeah, that's fine :p I hope I haven't gone too far with it ;)

Whitey: Kyp/Mirax?!!! You know, it's wierd... I remember reading about it in the replys on Friday, but when I finally read the chapter, I had completely forgotten and was actually shocked for once.

About time something surprised you :p

The "this is the end" passages certainly aren't wearing on me.

Good to know ;) Thanks for your support, Whitey :D

And when you say Danni will appear in a few chapters, does that mean 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? I need an answer.

I mean chapter 9, my friend ;) If I tell you it's her only appearance, are you going to be disappointed? :p

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Dangnabbit! :oops: I was convinced I'd already replied.

Wow, your setup is getting more and more interesting with each post. I especially like the way you're able to interweave the tension of the Callista-related developments with giving us a glimpse of all the major players before the poodoo hits the fan. =D=

Kyp and Valin? [face_laugh] Now that's a brilliant pairing. So many possibilities. [face_mischief]

I have to agree with others who've said the Kyp/Mirax pairing was unexpected. That's a good thing - it keeps us on our toes. :D Plus, it creates lots of great opportunities for humor as they keep trying to avoid being discovered. :p

Looking forward to more. :cool:

6. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    About time something surprised you

And I've finally realised that it's better that way. :p

I mean chapter 9, my friend If I tell you it's her only appearance, are you going to be disappointed?

*controls rage* In this fic, or the entire series?

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like it when I'm angry." :p

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Lex: Dangnabbit! I was convinced I'd already replied.

Now worries ;)

Wow, your setup is getting more and more interesting with each post. I especially like the way you're able to interweave the tension of the Callista-related developments with giving us a glimpse of all the major players before the poodoo hits the fan.

Yeah, I hope the intros don't slow the story from moving forward and we just meet everyone from here on out as needed :p

Kyp and Valin? Now that's a brilliant pairing. So many possibilities.

Thanks, I really liked the idea when I was writing TLF :D

I have to agree with others who've said the Kyp/Mirax pairing was unexpected. That's a good thing - it keeps us on our toes. Plus, it creates lots of great opportunities for humor as they keep trying to avoid being discovered.

Yeah, or serious trauma for poor Valin :p

Kyp/Mirax was just one of those things that popped into my head when writing some scenes between them in the last fic. I didn't plan it, but it made a perverse sort of sense :p

Looking forward to more.

Thanks! More tomorrow, I'm hoping :) Thanks so much for reading :D

Whitey: And I've finally realised that it's better that way.

About time :p I've only been telling you that for a couple years 8-}

*controls rage* In this fic, or the entire series?

Just in this fic. She will be in the rest of the series...

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like it when I'm angry."

Will we have to change your name to "Greeny"? :p

Okay, I should have a new post tomorrow, sorry for the slight delay. Will be the last post before Christmas :D

8. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    About time I've only been telling you that for a couple years

I resent that statement. It's been 1.5 years at most. 8-}

Yipppeeee!!! :D

Will we have to change your name to "Greeny"?

No, but it's too bad it seems I've maxed out on socks with this email address. :p

Okay, I should have a new post tomorrow, sorry for the slight delay. Will be the last post before Christmas

Double yipppeeee!!! :D

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    resent that statement. It's been 1.5 years at most.

Fine :p

No, but it's too bad it seems I've maxed out on socks with this email address.

TFN changed it so you can only use an email for one account now :p

Post in a few!

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 6: The Queen's Proposition

"You wanted to see me, Cal?"

"Yes, Luke. Please, come in."

Luke Skywalker moved farther into the white-draped office, two walls a steady curve of transparisteel that showed Denon's busy nighttime traffic. The Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance's office was warm, inviting, filled with beautiful artwork from his native Alderaan, and whenever Luke entered he was filled with the sense that he'd done the right thing in essentially endorsing the man's campaign.

He passed the two towering Tendrando Arms' Security droids who stood at the adamantine sliding doors, gleaming laminanium armor and glowing red eyes making them all the more intimidating. The Tendrando Arms' engineered guards had taken over much of the security force in the post-war galaxy, especially on the temporary capitol of Denon in the senate complex.

The Chief of State was half-seated on one corner of his elegant desk, gazing out at the flashing lights beyond the transparisteel as Luke strode to the desk and stopped, deciding not to take a seat and folded his hands, waiting for his host to address him. It wasn't unusual for Omas to call the Jedi Master to his office after meetings with his advisory council, and given the topic of debate at the meeting that had only adjourned a few minutes before, Luke would have found it odd if the man had not summoned him.

"You were surprisingly quiet tonight," Omas began, not turning to face him.

Luke shifted uncomfortably. "I tried to give you all the facts..."

"Oh, and you did— quite well, I might add," Cal responded, a hint of a smile in his voice. "I only meant that after you laid out everything that your wife and the rest of the GFI were able to get out of Callista, and all they were able to ascertain from this ship, you were unusually reserved. I don't recall you even offering an opinion on any of it... I'm sure you know by now that I look to you and the Jedi for guidance whenever I can, and in this case, your feelings on the matter are all the more pertinent."

Cal Omas turned to face him for the first time since his arrival in the office. Luke was often taken back by how much the last four years had aged the man he'd helped get elected. Cal, never a very broad man, was even slimmer, his face looking almost gaunt at times, and his well-tended gray hair was turning a snowy-white. But what seemed to have suffered the most were his pale eyes, often red from lack of sleep and being kept awake by artificial means, deep circles had begun to form beneath them, the shadows seeming to grow depending on how troubled he was.

It was most notable in these somber, private moments. When the holocams were turned on, Cal Omas could still flash a seasoned-politician's grin and the years seemed to melt away.

"I appreciate that, Cal... I suppose I'm still trying to sort it all out myself— it's been a long day."

"I wouldn't ordinarily take the word of one person that a war was coming, but this seems to be a special circumstance," Cal continued. "I'm aware that there is something of a history between you and Callista Ming— I hope it hasn't clouded your judgment on the matter. I would like your opinion on the likelihood of this war, Luke."

Luke cringed slightly when the Chief of State mentioned his history with Callista. It seemed as though everyone with HoloNet access was made aware of that by morning if they didn't know it all ready.

"On the surface it all sounds preposterous," Luke admitted.

"Do you believe her?"

Luke shook his head ruefully. "I honestly don't know what to think."

"If what she says is true, a war is coming here... I don't know how much we can take."

"I know."

"You're a Jedi Master, Luke. Surely you got some sort of read on whether she was being honest or not."

"That's what alarms me the most. As she talked about this great army coming to destroy us, I felt no deception. If she's lying, she doesn't seem to know it— or she's become even more powerful and was shielding Mara and I from her true intentions."

"Is that what you felt?"

"No."

"Perhaps she's insane."

"Undoubtedly," Luke agreed. "I'm just not certain that this was all some sort of mad hallucination on her part."

"Under other circumstances, would you think so?"

"Yes, but the ship seems to lend her some credibility, Cal."

"Yes, the ship," Omas repeated, rubbing his chin and beginning to pace around the office. "Quite a machine— but is it proof she isn't lying?"

"My wife believes it's convenient proof, I think," Luke replied. "Designed to distract us while something more malicious occurs."

"Your wife is as shrewd as anyone I've ever met. We'll have to consider what Mara says as a very real possibility. Unfortunately, the biggest task of government, especially on the scale I'm sitting at, is being prepared for every possibility— including that Callista may be telling the truth."

Luke nodded, beginning to pace in front of the transparisteel as well, the streaming lights of airspeeders casting flashes of light across him in the night sky. "If we're working on that hypothetical, we're talking about a fleet larger than our own."

"Yes," Omas grimaced. "And it might not matter if it was half of what Callista claims— we're hurting, Luke— I'm sure you've noticed that."

"Of course, but we have allies."

"Yes, but we need more than that, I'm afraid. Our fleet was cut to a fraction of what it was before the Yuuzhan Vong War, and the shipyards we have couldn't produce warships fast enough even if we had the money to pay for them, which we certainly do not. I've been speaking with Ta'a Chume about the Hapans assisting us with our finances, but we haven't exactly reached an agreement yet.

"On top of that, our recruitment is at an all-time low when compared to the New Republic’s numbers and reenlistment even more embarrassing. We can no longer interest people in joining the military after the horrors the Yuuzhan Vong unleashed— in part, mostly I think, because people saw our response through much of it as inadequate— polls show the vast majority of the GFFA's citizens still believe the war was mishandled."

"Are things so bleak?" Luke asked, turning to face Omas, his dark cloak flowing around him. "The people will rally if the Alliance is under threat again— that's the real lesson of the Vong War, I think. Those people who lost faith and even turned against us like the Peace Brigade soon came to realize that their fate was even darker. We have given billions of displaced refugees new homes after the damage the invaders did— they are not likely to give their new worlds up without a fight this time. If a crisis is ahead of us, I believe that we will meet it."

Luke was sure that somewhere in the man's heart, whether Cal would admit it or not, he must have seen what Luke said as the foolish words of a wide-eyed optimist, oblivious to the galaxy's real problems and too busy staring at Denon's sunshine to notice the dusk. Perhaps that was true— in many ways, Luke was still that farm boy on Tatooine, bubbling over with enthusiasm for the future and a need to see, and believe, in the best in people.

He couldn't help but think that way, couldn't imagine life without hope— it was how he was put together.

Luke fell in by the Chief of State's side as they paced around the elegant white office and he responded. "The Alliance is bankrupt, Luke. I don't see a way to continue if we cannot secure the Hapans’ assistance. Our fleets are decimated, our military weakened— the Jedi are spread too thin as it is. Every regional warlord sees us reeling after the Yuuzhan Vong War and are taking their best shots."

"Surely there's something we can do," Luke replied, brow creasing in concern and his voice momentarily cracking with a teenager's whine who was pleading with his uncle to go to Tosche Station.

Omas took a moment to respond, breathing deeply and staring at the floor. "The Queen has made an offer."

"Oh? Tenel Ka?"

"Through her proxy she sent here, yes— Ta'a Chume."

Luke might have openly groaned if he was in someone else's presence. Ta'a Chume was a manipulator on a scale that would shame Nom Anor, and he wasn't sure he wanted to get involved in any negotiations with the woman, even if it was on her granddaughter's behalf.

"Obviously, Tenel Ka wants to help as much as she can," Omas went on. "But her powers are not unlimited— she needs the support of the Hapan Ruling Council, and of the people, if she's going to lend us the sort of support we desire."

"And what do the people and the council want?"

Cal chuckled. "They want Tenel Ka as Queen Mother, and many want the possibility that Ta'a Chume could ever usurp the throne completely eliminated. They want Tenel Ka to be married and produce an heir to push others farther from the throne and cement the current Queen Mother in her position."

"I see," Luke said. Hapan politics were so confusing, and in Luke's opinion, often disgusting. It was corrupt, with powerful families resorting to assassinations as often as mealtime, which left Luke often wondering how the sixty-three worlds that made up the Consortium stayed together. It was amazing that a Jedi knight, with such a kind soul in spite of being brought up on Hapes, was actually on top of the whole pile. It was almost troubling to have a friend in charge there, worrying both that she might be in danger of assassination or even being corrupted by the system.

"And what exactly was Ta'a Chume's offer?"

"She actually proposed that she would accept our numerous offers to become a part of the Galactic Alliance with complete senate representation for their sixty-three worlds rather than simply being an ally. We would then receive the full support of the Consortium military and the financial support we so desperately need."

Luke knew that the Hapes Consortium was wealthy beyond belief. While they too had been affected by the Yuuzhan Vong, they still retained far more riches than the much larger Alliance. He could still remember when Ta'a Chume and her son Prince Isolder had come to Coruscant and presented Leia with more jewels and money than he'd ever seen, hoping to bargain for the princess' hand in marriage.

"Cal— what does she want in exchange for all of this?"

Omas sighed again. "She wants Jacen Solo to marry Tenel Ka."

If Luke had been sipping a cup of caf, he might have spit it all over the Chief of State in a showering mist from the shock. It seemed so absurd, his next impulse was to begin laughing loudly.

Upon another moment's thought, however, he realized it wasn't that strange at all. This was the sort of thing the Hapans’ always did— arrange marriages, trade wealth, political posturing— it was just that the stakes were so high this time. It was almost exactly the same position Jacen's mother had been put in when Ta'a Chume and Isolder came to Coruscant.

Luke asked the first question that came to mind.

"Why Jacen?"

Cal smiled lightly, the wrinkles around his mouth reorienting themselves to form a new maze. "For different reasons, I believe. To Ta'a Chume and the other Hapan aristocrats, they see Jacen as someone of noble blood— the son of the Princess of Alderaan, as well as the Chief of State of the New Republic. He's also a war hero, and handsome enough to fit the bill. The fact that he's a Jedi is a definite downside to many— you know how the Hapans are— but they've made a peace with having Tenel Ka as their queen and can probably do the same with Jacen by her side. As long as she is the mother it is almost a given that her heir will be a Force user anyway."

"And Tenel Ka? It's difficult to believe she would agree to this— what could possibly be her motivation?"

"Also multi-faceted, I'm afraid," Omas answered. "I'm sure you're aware of the class and sex struggles in the Consortium."

"Somewhat," Luke admitted. Hapes was a matriarchal society because of its origin and men were largely second-class citizens, apparently earning only seventy-percent of what women on the planet were paid for the same jobs. It was hard for Luke to imagine such inequality still occurring on any civilized world, but he suppose he was giving Hapes too much credit by labeling it "civilized."

"Then you're probably aware of Tenel Ka's efforts in her short reign as Queen Mother, to close the gender-gap. She's adopted it as her cause— what she'd like to do is set an example by taking a king and giving him equal power."

Luke's brow creased skeptically. "I can't imagine Ta'a Chume is happy about this Hapan social experiment."

"Indeed, she isn't. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the whole idea infuriates her, but she was only here acting as the Queen Mother's envoy— it's no longer in her power to set the terms of these negotiations. I get the feeling that this is her granddaughter’s way of punishing her, by making her come here and negotiate things that she abhors— as well as possibly a way of keeping Ta’a Chume away from Hapes and under the watchful eyes of her security, which are Tenel Ka’s royal guards.

"She either has to do as Tenel Ka bids or sit out completely— and I think that's the only thing that would drive her more mad. At least this way she can still hope to influence her granddaughter.

"Again, I think the real consolation to Ta'a Chume was that the Queen will at least be marrying someone she sees as royalty, which is more satisfying to her than what Isolder did when he married a Dathomirian Warrior."

"I suppose," Luke nodded. "But why did Tenel Ka pick Jacen? I have to think there are real royal families out there who would be happy to arrange a marriage with the Queen of Hapes, and princes out there who would jump at the chance— where I can't even see Jacen agreeing to this."

"Perhaps the fact that he's not really royalty is what Tenel Ka likes, and that Jacen would be a reluctant king means she's picking the right man. This is only conjecture on my part; who’s to know what’s going on inside her head? But from what I know of Tenel Ka, she is very noble and wise. She obviously has good reasons for choosing Jacen out of everyone in the galaxy, and I would guess the fact that the boy is anything but power-hungry might be appealing to her, as she’s about to hand him half of her kingdom— not something one would like to do with the overly-ambitious.

"This is Tenel Ka's way of helping and joining the Alliance with the approval of the Hapans. I also get the feeling that there has been something of a childhood affair between them, and her reasons are more... personal. All the better, I say. It certainly makes me feel better about it anyway— even with these stakes, I wasn't feeling tremendously honorable when faced with the prospect of arranging a loveless marriage."

Luke was aware that Jacen and Tenel Ka had had a brief romance while they were at the academy, but he had certainly never thought it serious enough for marriage. The last he'd heard about Jacen's love life, there seemed to be something going on between him and Danni Quee.

"This is a lot to take in," Luke managed. "When was this offer made?"

"Yesterday. I was going to call you here to discuss it tonight after the council meeting— he is your nephew after all... and your former apprentice. After Callista and this ship business, it seems all the more important that we take this offer to young Solo and see if he isn't willing to aid the Alliance in a new way."

"I don't know..." Luke murmured uneasily.

"I don't need to remind you that this is an election year, Luke. I have a strong lead in the polls, but if word of this possible attack gets out along with the news of our military's state of readiness and our financial situation, it could ruin me."

"I'm aware," Luke replied. The election was only days away, and the thought of losing Cal Omas as the Chief of State filled Luke with fear, as the man had been a friend to the Jedi since his inauguration, and the person he felt they needed in control.

"I haven't heard a thing about Jacen in more than two years," Omas went on. "From what I could gather he went into some sort of seclusion."

"You could say that."

"As his uncle, I was hoping you'd know where he is."

"Oh, I have a pretty good idea where he is," Luke explained. "It's getting him to leave that may be a problem... especially for something like this, Cal. Jacen has very strong convictions— he's the most principled person I've ever known, and I can think of at least a dozen things he'll object to about the Queen's offer off of the top of my head."

"Well, you can feel him out at least, right?" Omas had stopped his pacing and was looking directly at Luke. "Luke, this may be our only hope— we need the Hapans with us, especially if there's a war on the horizon— be sure to press upon him the importance of all of this."

"I can't pressure Jacen into it— I can't even take the time to go find him, Cal. I've got two councils to worry about and the Callista issue to deal with."

"That's fine, I know, I know. What I really want you to do is contact his parents. Leia will understand— no one has a stronger sense of duty than her."

"She's also the most likely to disconnect the holocomm when I suggest that her son enter into an arranged marriage with a Hapan Queen."

"Won't you even try?"

Luke shrugged. "I will discuss it with Jaina and get her opinion on it— let her decide what to do. She knows Jacen better than anyone."

Omas smiled and patted Luke on the shoulder. "Very good— let me know right away what Jacen decides— we need this, Luke."

Luke bowed. "I will make sure it is left to the Force— and to Jacen."

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh] The Courtship of Jacen Solo [face_laugh]

It will be interesting to see Jacen's reaction to this. I have a feeling it will not be positive. Maybe Tenel Ka is still carrying a flame for Jacen and it just a convenient way to get with him and cement her place. Can't wait to see the Solos' reactions to this. I guess the royal house of Hapes really likes the Solo family. First Leia, then Jaina and now Jacen. Great post!

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Eeep! The Alliance is in pretty bad shape. [face_worried]

Great political banter between Cal and Luke. Two savvy leaders, neither tipping their hand too much to the other. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] What a great twist with the Hapan offer! Oh man, I can't wait to see where you take that. :D

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I wonder if Jacen will feel flattered [face_batting]
    Not good the government is bankrupt. I suppose the galactic debt if huge. Nice talk between the two.

14. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    I saw that twist coming from the trailer.

Just terminate the hag. Its a lot better than what she deserves.

Excellent writing wise.

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    * rubs hands with glee * Now this is fun! [face_batting]

Luke is really out of his depth with this sort of intrique.[face_blush]
    Won't it be fun to find out all TK's motives! [face_whistling]

Just how reluctant will Jacen be or not be? o_O

16. poku_29

Oct 19, 2005
    [face_laugh] HAHAHHAHA, HAHAHA, [face_laugh] HHAHAHHhh,:p Krhm, yes!

Funny. I have always wanted this for Jacen and Tenel, but this way? I wonder what is happening with Tenel because for some reason I felt her to be really smart and balanced in your previous fics. And that is how she has always been, since the YJK. A very balanced person. Does this have something to do with the new threat, I wonder. Good dialogue with Cal and Luke.

17. Magnuskn

Magnuskn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Hrm, I´m wondering how the characters cannot see that all those strange things occuring a few days before an intergalactic election could *not* be some ploy to overthrow Cal Omas. :p

As for that stuff with Jacen... <g> Well, I think they might well be made for each other. <wink>

Good to see that you are not falling into the trap of "every chapter needs to end on a cliffhanger". :)

Magnus

18. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Something tells me Jacen's not going to go for this little plan of Tenel Ka's. I wonder what Jaina and Leia are going to think of it though.

Can't wait for the next part

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: excellent, as ever...

I like the way Cal echoes Palpatine - but maybe it's the same outward trappings and a different inner man...

I'm massively amused at Tenel Ka's plan...

And I like Luke's self-knowledge a lot!! :D

Great stuff!!

- The Imperial Ewok

20. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Not in this fic, but we will see her again in the future. She

She what? *shakes fist* Stupid cliffies! [/Homer]

"My wife believes it's convenient proof, I think," Luke replied. "Designed to distract us while something more malicious occurs."

Oh, I definitely thinks Mara's on to something - if you have the means to crush the entire galaxy, why give them even a hint of warning?

"Cal? what does she want in exchange for all of this?"

Omas sighed again. "She wants Jacen Solo to marry Tenel Ka."

:eek: Huh. Didn't see that coming, either. Well, I don't see why Jacen should have a problem with it - if he would be willing to sleep with her to get a few ships to protect some bugs, why not marry her to help the Alliance? ;) [face_laugh]

"Oh, I have a pretty good idea where he is," Luke explained. "It's getting him to leave that may be a problem...

o_O I'm interested to see what Jacen's been up to the last couple of years.

"She's also the most likely to disconnect the holocomm when I suggest that her son enter into an arranged marriage with a Hapan Queen."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great post, as always! :D

21. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Jacen/Tenel arranged marriage!:eek:

I can't wait to see Jaina's reaction! Not to mention Leia's and Han's! [face_devil] lol

Very well written chapter. Nice dialogue between Luke and Cal.

Can't wait for more.

:D

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Wyn: The Courtship of Jacen Solo

[face_laugh]

It will be interesting to see Jacen's reaction to this. I have a feeling it will not be positive.

I have a feeling it will surprise everyone [face_whistling]

Maybe Tenel Ka is still carrying a flame for Jacen and it just a convenient way to get with him and cement her place.

I think she probably does still have feelings for Jacen, which is one of the reasons she chose him when she needs a husband. We get hints that she still has feelings for Jacen in SBS.

Can't wait to see the Solos' reactions to this. I guess the royal house of Hapes really likes the Solo family. First Leia, then Jaina and now Jacen. Great post!

We'll see what Leia, Han, and Jaina think of all this in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading :)

Lex: Eeep! The Alliance is in pretty bad shape.

Yeah, I can't imagine they were rolling in money or were left with adequate defenses after the Yuuzhan Vong War :p

Great political banter between Cal and Luke. Two savvy leaders, neither tipping their hand too much to the other.

I don't think either were keeping much from each other. They're both on the same side. This isn't like DN where Cal Omas suddenly becomes a different character from the one we see in the NJO ;)

What a great twist with the Hapan offer! Oh man, I can't wait to see where you take that.

To a good place, I hope :p

Thanks so much for reading, Lex :D

RM: I wonder if Jacen will feel flattered

Me too :p

Not good the government is bankrupt. I suppose the galactic debt if huge. Nice talk between the two.

Thanks :D Yeah, the Alliance isn't doing too well right now.

evil-twin: I saw that twist coming from the trailer.

Yeah, it's not really a twist as I gave it away back in June :p

Just terminate the hag. Its a lot better than what she deserves.

I assume you mean Ta'a Chume?

Excellent writing wise.

Thank you!

TSF: * rubs hands with glee * Now this is fun!

A rarity in my fics [face_mischief]

Luke is really out of his depth with this sort of intrique.
    Won't it be fun to find out all TK's motives!

Cal Omas laid it all out fairly truthfully ;)

Just how reluctant will Jacen be or not be?

Oh, that's where a lot of the fun is [face_mischief] You'll see soon.

Thanks for reading :D

poku: HAHAHHAHA, HAHAHA, HHAHAHHhh, Krhm, yes!

I didn't realize it was that funny :p

Funny. I have always wanted this for Jacen and Tenel, but this way? I wonder what is happening with Tenel because for some reason I felt her to be really smart and balanced in your previous fics. And that is how she has always been, since the YJK. A very balanced person.

You think that this deal makes her not smart or unbalanced? ;)

Does this have something to do with the new threat, I wonder. Good dialogue with Cal and Luke.

The offer doesn't have anything to do with the new threat, but the GFFA's consideration of it probably does.

Magnuskn: Hrm, I´m wondering how the characters cannot see that all those strange things occuring a few days before an intergalactic election could *not* be some ploy to overthrow Cal Omas. :p

Are you suggesting the Hapan's are trying to overthrow Omas? 8-}

As for that stuff with Jacen... <g> Well, I think they might well be made for each other. <wink>

Could be [face_whistling]

Good to see that you are not falling into the trap of "every chapter needs to end on a cliffhanger".

Yeah, I'd never do that O:)

melissa: Something tells me Jacen's not going to go for this little plan of Tenel Ka's. I wonder what Jaina and Leia are going to think of it though.

Find out in the next chapter, and we'l

23. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I suppose Danni will shoot Jacen with a Gun of Command and then take him deep into the Unknown Regions into enemy territory :p

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    J/TK arranged marriage! I get to see it at last, don't I? I always wanted to see a fic with that in it but could never write one.

25. poku_29

Oct 19, 2005
    Merry Xmas to everyone by the way :cool: