main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The agony of choice!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Kenneth-Morgan, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenneth-Morgan

Kenneth-Morgan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2000
    If I read the situation correctly, on Saturday night I can eith watch special big-screen showings of TESB and ROTJ, or I can go to the STAR WARS concert. Hmm...

I'll plan on going to the concert. That's a one-time thing, and I've seen the movies on a big screen several times.

But it is a tough choice...

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    In my opinion, there isn't any real choice...anyone and everyone should go to the concert if they can. The only realistic reasons I could think of for not going to the concert are: you're dragging around a toddler all day who's wore out and wants to sleep (or you use that as your excuse so you can sleep), you've already have a second mortgage out in order to get to C2 & another $12 will put you in debtors' prison, or you missed a chance to get concert tickets when it sells out.

3. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    That's exactly how I would've worded it my Dug friend. :cool:

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, it's basically so the non-concertees have something SW-related to do, as Seb-X put it. :)

Oh, and aren't TPM and ANH showing during the opening ceremonies? That one still has me puzzled...

5. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    ;) This is going to be the big deal of C2. I'm not sure what is all involved with the planning, but I have a strong feeling it will be more than just a orchestra concert with an accompanying choir.

6. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    [Vader]What do you mean?[/Vader]

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, early on some of the technical readouts for this particular battle station were stolen by a group Dug rebels who murdered the entire Gran Senatorial delegation in the process....the plans suggested classified, Saturday-only, shuttle landings and inspections by celebrated guests...it's an older transmission, and has proven to be dated and incorrect in other areas, but there's always hope that things may come to pass as forseen....but honestly, don't take my word on that. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a light show of sorts, and if I were to make baseless speculation, it's quite possible that someone might setup a video screen to show things. I know I like to add winks here and there when I'm toying with people, but this is all just educated guesses at best.

8. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    The Emperor is coming to C2??

(musically speaking we all know who the Emperor is...;) )

I can dream, can't I?

9. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    WOW! THE EMPEROR'S COMING HERE? I'll definitely be at the concert, either way! I have seen the Emperor in question before at the Tanglewood festival and it was and was awe-inspiring! Even though I didn't get that autograph I was hoping for ;)

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    In this case, I'm talking Emperors, Imperial dignitaries, esteemed Senators, a whole slew of people. Never the flanneled one though...he's much more elusive than that...but there was another bearded Emperor or sorts...wish I knew something more concrete...things are so insane here that you breathe a speculation sideways and it grows into a full-scale rumor, unofficially confirmed by someone in the Ranch's basement, and by the time it gets back to you it's all but a signed confirmation. [face_laugh]

Fun, fun, fun.

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well...I'd like to go on record stating I started that rumor and that's all it is.

But I'm praying to George that Mr Williams will be there to oversee the construction...er, concert personally. :D

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Awww, so you mean he probably won't be there? :(

13. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    It has been rumored around that John Williams might be there. I asked someone at Sony Classical who would usually at least know if he's going to be there since they put out all his Cd's, including the soundtracks. The answer was no, but, as I like to say, there's always a possibility for change.

Regardless, it's going to be an awesome concert, but I like that sort of thing.

14. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    Sebulba, you devious dug. I'm asking, as the biggest John Williams Palpatine fan in the world, if you know something. Spill it man.

IS THE MAESTRO GONNA BE THERE?!?!?! Scale of 1-10 with 10 being definately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.