main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Ahsoka Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 30, 2013.

?

So How Do You Feel About Ahsoka?

1. I Like/Love Her

45.0%
  2. I Dislike/Hate Her

22.5%
  3. She's Alright

32.5%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah. She's holding a lightsaber between her legs. She's the Temple's best yoga expert on top of everything else.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I hear you, but I wouldn't say that too quickly...have you ever seen the Droids cartoon or Ewoks films?

V-2 and Jetedonne Pur-Pureus like this.
  3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    You're forgetting that she also landed on a thermal detonator just as it went off under her feet. You know, the charges that are meant to level buildings. The blast took out a huge section of the engine compartment and she walked off without a scratch.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    She should put out a Buns of Steel work out video.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Maybe getting a life-force transfusion from a Celestial had something to do with it.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, I'm sure the writers would have some such excuse.

7. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Ha-ha, you bet I have. Honestly, I liked them too. More "kid-friendly" than your average Star Wars flick, but nevertheless I found them to be lighthearted, and rather humorous. Taking that a step further though, I also liked Jar Jar Binks' character. The only thing that's ever ruffled my feathers was Chewie's death in the novels. Otherwise, I'm golden toward the series in general.

8. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I never understood that scene at all.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The explanation is simple: the unapologetic character shield.

10. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I love Ahsoka. I think she's sweet and very beautiful. :D

VanishingReality likes this.
  11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Here we go again, indeed! :D I'm with you - I'm not certain why we even need a new thread, when there have been others on the same topic, with literally zero new Ahsoka Tano material for us to digest in the interim (though with more than two options, I'd be mildly surprised if there is a 51% vote in any direction).. But what the heck, I'm game.

So, Ahsoka Tano, huh? I voted "she's alright," which reflects my feeling of generally enjoying her in TCW, tempered by my lack of any real interest in seeing any more of her for the time-being, along with my sense of weariness over potential clashes with important story elements of Episodes 4, 5 and 6, should she appear too near the time of those films.

I think five years of her as a lead character was plenty to give Ahsoka Tano a well rounded arc, and, though I liked her well enough in TCW, to be perfectly honest, I'm not convinced she's even all that great of a character (certainly not the "All-Time SW great" some would like to believe). I see her, pretty much, for what she was shown to be: A capable, if flawed, Padawan, who, for a time, fought valiantly in a galactic war. A being who grew over time and left a mark on her Master (who happened to be the central character of the era). A good, if not quite great, fairly entertaining Star Wars character. I watched along with her adventures, but I've no desire to spend $350.00 on an Ahsoka Tano Mythos statue, for example (as I gladly did for the Ben Kenobi).

In the end, Ahsoka took a stand and decided to make a go of it separate from the Jedi Order, which marks her as both a principled being with strength and a belief in herself, and as a Jedi washout who decided to do what was in her own best interests, even in the face of abandoning her brothers and sisters still fighting on the front lines of the Clone War. I realize that OOU considerations meant that she couldn't be around Anakin by the end of the Clone War, but I'm sorry, I have a hard time with splitting on the Jedi at the time that she did, even for the reasons that she did. I get why she felt it was right to act in the manner she did, but to be honest, I'd much rather she had been reassigned to Plo Koon, or something, in place of what we got.

Thanks to some of the ways she was handled over the course of the series, I've frankly had enough of her for now (which is a shame, because over 30+ years as a fan, SW has consistently delivered some great characters who, even given plenty of front-and-center treatment, I'm actually left wanting more of: Luke, Obi-Wan, Leia, Han and Vader, to name just a few of the more obvious ones). Ahsoka had, I think, some potential to be this kind of character, too, but now? Not so much, no.

After some time, I could see myself interested in reading a novel about her life after leaving the Jedi temple, or maybe an appearance in an arc during Rebels. But some of the ideas I've heard expressed? Lead character in Rebels? Frozen in carbonite and then re-introduced as a young, vibrant character in Episodes 7, 8 and 9?(!) Ah, no thank you, and good God, no ******* thank you. I say give it some time before re-introducing Tano to the franchise (and when that happens, somewhere down the line, I only hope that somebody other than Dave Filoni is holding the reins).

VanishingReality likes this.
  12. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I have been thinking more and more about her Character in the days since I lasted posted. I have read the four Courasant nights books also during this time. I feel that introducing her back through a novel, such as this, would be great. She could have linked up with one of the off shoot jedi groups after leaving the order. She could be assiting Jax Pavan building a resistance or maybe Faris Olin looking to rescue lost Jedi, padawans, younglings, and force sensetives.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I think the novel approach ([face_tee_hee] sorry about that - I couldn't help myself) would be a fine idea.

After all, even if AT shows up in Rebels, there's a big gap of time between her leaving the Order and the start-date of the new series. A book set in the early Imperial period could be just the thing to catch us up with her.

Docgeo likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think some authors could do her justice, and I enjoyed her in TCW spin off novels.

I'd want an Ahsoka novel kept far away from the authors who wrote Mara Jade as a pet though.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I can think of one author who wrote Ahsoka excellently, however I very much doubt said author will ever again pen an official SW novel, due to the... uh... "Mandalorian Issue" for want of a better name, and the subsequent bad blood and bridge-burning between her and LFL.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    That'd be a great idea if Ahsoka actually HAD an ass.

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    She has an ass. It's tiny, but it's so hard it protects her from explosions.

But point taken.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Buns of blaster proof duracrete.

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Buns of Mandalorian Iron.

No super secret Mando smithing technique required.

Lightsaber resistant, Filoni approved.

20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Quantum crystalline buns. Laced with neutronium.

Maybe Saxton can put this in the TCW ICS, if there ever is one made.

200 Gigaton farts.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka's farts will have healing powers. They will cure planet-wide epidemics.

22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    As if Filoni would ever have his Super Special Awesome Padawan True Chosen One Sex Goddess to do ANYTHING as unladylike as fart!

23. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Yes.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Everyone knows women don't fart. They release excess gas through sneezing. At least that's what tv taught me. Always seem to have a sniffle.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Every apprentice he ever trained - either as Anakin or as Vader - didn't exactly turn out as intended. Though in Ahsoka's case, that was hardly Anakin's fault, since it was precipitated by a conspiracy against her that was out of his control.

But all of the others... well, all the others he trained as Vader, so it's debatable whether it was his douchebaggery that made them go awry, or simply the fact that they were being trained as Sith, and Sith tend to betray their masters all the time. Worst was the Starkiller debacle where Starkiller turned against him, turned to the light side, became a Jedi, and kinda started the Rebel Alliance.

Hmm... maybe they will have Ahsoka turn to the Dark Side in Rebels. Anakin's first apprentice, raised in the light side. She would be a perfect mirror of his last apprentice, Galen Marek, raised in the Dark Side and turned to the light. SW has always run with those kinda complementing, echoing, foreshadowing or inversely foreshadowing themes.