main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Imagine if Ahsoka ends up being the one to teach Anakin how to Force ghost. There would be a beautiful poetry to that.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Did you ever watch the Yoda arc Q&A? It more or less created numerous problems in canon. Prior to it, the canon (and kinda still is) Yoda and Obi-wan taught Anakin immortality upon death, but this was before the Force Priestesses. BUT, in that Q&A, Filoni insinuates Yoda pretty much told Anakin about it all at the end of episode - but the audience was never privy to that chat.

However, the Mortis Arc implies Anakin was much more and The Father disappearing into the Force (The Bendu as well in Rebels) hints The Chosen One automatically gets the right of immortality.

But, there has never been *anything* on screen, which confirms Anakin/Vader really knows about the possibility of immortality. The Story Group wishes there to be no more holes in the canon anymore and it is possible Ahsoka's death could be the link that explains everything.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So there remain a few "favorite pet" whiners in here after all this time. Hard to believe, but I guess there's few things to complain about anymore with the franchise...

[face_frustrated]

Here's the bottom line: her character could easily be the one that brought the currently generation to warm up to the franchise the way the older ones did from the late 70s/early 80s. I could bring up the PT of course, but we know the rules here.

4. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    Ahsoka is my favorite character and the reason I even care about SW but I don't like this new form nonsense. Either kill the character or don't. I don't need Ahsoka to be turned into some owl or wolf or whatever.
    I also wished Lucasfilm would give me Ahsoka/Anakin comic exploring more of their adventures together, what padawan actual does in the temple, Ahsoka/Barriss friendship, etc leading up to the missing arcs from the clone wars.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Point me to the PT haters and I'll fight them on the side of the street.

for legal reasons, I might have to point out the above is a joke and not to be taken serious.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

If they developed a good comic series for Ahsoka they could eventually expand it off to give Bariss Offee some closure.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to the "Forces of Destiny" micro-series coming this Summer. Looks like it'll be something right up my alley :)

Edit: Glad I could save this post to edit. Ashley just posted this awesome photo she just signed today of back when she actually cosplayed as her character with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen.

[​IMG]

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe they name the giant wolf pet creature thingy, Ahsoka.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait did Ashley say that or are you saying that, because that never happened. Ewan and Hayden were done with the saga after ROTS. Someone must have edited the pic of her into a promotional image of them.

9. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Todd the Jedi

Yeah, it's definitely shopped. I can't imagine that she actually claimed that she was in a photo set with both of those actors. Stranger things have happened though.

I imagine it's more of a statement like: "Hey, look at this cool picture with me in it cosplaying as Ahsoka." Which gets interpreted as: "I did a photo shoot as Ahsoka with Ewan and some other guy."

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So shes legit not dead?? [face_dunno]

11. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I'll wait to see how it's implemented but having Ahsoka be Anakin's never-mentioned apprentice, survive order 66, help organize the nascent rebellion, face Vader and live, and turn into a giant version of Filoni's favorite animal (like, not even an alien version with four-eyes or something, just pretty much a straight-up giant wolf)...I can understand giving a character a few of those but all together it seems a little self indulgent. I mean, I like Ahsoka. I thought her final Clone Wars arc was one of the best of the series. If they really have an awesome story to tell here I'll be happy to eat my words. But at its face I don't like it. So many special exceptions wrap around the character (well she left the order before RotS so...well she's not really a Jedi so...well she didn't redeem Anakin and that's all that matters so...well she's a wolf not a force ghost so...) that personally its a bit distracting.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Well there are already humans (duh) ducks (if we can't get the hyperdrive fixed we'll be sitting ducks (also seen on Naboo in the scene where Anakin and Padme take a boat trip)), rats (Jabba's dungeon) and dogs (die Jedi dogs!) which are directly descended from wolves, so... an actual wolf isn't really a stretch. Albeit it looks a lot bigger than real life wolves, but hey, there's room for a bit of extra evolution in the SWU in addition to the canid breeds and variants we know on earth. Similar to how some of the "near-human" supposed aliens like Mirialans were actually humans, just extra races (in addition to the basic black, white, yellow known to us on earth) that had devoloped in the GFFA over the millennia. Or at least, that's how it was in the EU before the Disney purge, I'm not sure if that explanation is still official in the Disney-canon era.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The "closely related to, but distinct" description:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Near-human

does suggest that humans and "near-humans" stem from common roots.

Odd hair colours implied to be without dye (a cadet at the Imperial Academy with green hair) may also indicate that GFFA humans are a bit more diverse than real ones.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm surprised so many are against reincarnation being in Star Wars, even though George was heavily influenced by Eastern traditions when coming up with the Force. It was bound to make an appearance at some point.

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Since Dave is a fan of Tolkien, I would imagine he watched LOTR as well as the Hobbit trilogy. It wouldn't surprise me if he is pulling a "Beorn" here. It would drive folks insane, and even I might raise an eyebrow, but for some reason, my cynical side would get a kick out of the reactions.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    And the fandom would implode [face_laugh]

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I agree, Kill her or make her live. I think an Ahsoka live action movie would be really cool.

18. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I think things are great as they stand -- and leave us open for many possibilities for additional content.

Whether she Force Ghosts in the ST [which I am all for] or is still alive in some old folks retirement home in the ST [I would be less enthused for]

She is clearly not dead -- and bringing her back for Season 4 makes perfect sense. I don't know if they will kill her or not -- I would love to see her commune with Yoda. Perhaps we even see her meet Ezra and he tells her about Obi-Wan who she then visits and finds out about Luke and sheds a few tears. Maybe even bumps into him at Toshii Station hoping to sell him some power converters?

I have ZERO problem with that -- as I am certain it will be nothing more than an Easter Egg and have no effect on Luke's story. But it would be where Ahsoka learns to Force Ghost who then in turn participates with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in pulling Anakin from the nether world prior to his oblivion.

I'm not sure we'll get her in a stand alone movie -- but comics and novels, why not? There is still some story to tell.

Like it or not -- Ahsok has turned into a huge aspect of the current SW mythos and her fans deserve to see her fate sooner or later - Filoni should get to determine that more than anyone else. Then again... he may be prepping for Season 1 of "The New Republic" and Ahsoka could be the one character bridging all 3 series?
    Her turn to being "gray" and no longer a Jedi might be something Luke finds quite influential in his own thinking...

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

The Story Group has the final say on everything.

20. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001

Which does not contradict my statement.

21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Some extreme metaphysical Force thing happens, that ends with her soul/essence/whatever wandering the universe for aeons. Eventually she finds her way to earth, and chances upon a man called George Lucas, and pours into his mind the visions of events that happened a Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away. He doesn't know where these ideas that have entered his mind come from, but is inspired to tell the stories to other earthlings via the medium of film. He calls it "Star Wars".

ManWithoutAStar and Darth_Voider like this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

It does, because Dave has to pitch ideas to them. Nobody determines anything, but them. This isn't back in TCW, when him and George had the final say on characters, canon, etc.

23. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001

I think you are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. I only said Dave Filoni should get to determine Ahsoka's fate more than anyone else. Not that he could decide that Ahsoka makes her way to LV-426 and battles Xenomorphs.

You said the story group has the final say.

Our statements are perfectly agreeable and are not remotely mutually exclusive.

Story Group: "Lets ask DF what he thinks Ahsoka's fate is."
    Filoni: *pitches his idea*
    Joe Smith: *pitches his idea*
    Story Group: "Dave created her and developed her -- lets go with his idea"

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Erm, I just pointed out how the decisions are not down to one person. Don't see what crime I have committed.

I know. Hence why I said he doesn't get to make that call - so there is little point in desiring that outcome. See what happened with Mark Hamill, when he pitched ideas about Luke Skywalker.

Judging by the process of getting Thrawn into Rebels, the Story Group sounds like a complete and utter nightmare to deal with. Surprised so much new content has actually been pumped out by Disney.

25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I hope Ahsoka lives, and shows up after this show. She is still my favourite character.