main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Wow, that's Ashley under the make-up? That's actually A LOT how I imagined a real Ashoka would look like. She's also a lot shorter than I even imagined.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Yup it's Ashley all right. As Todd and others have suggested, it appears as though this image was actually photo-shopped; she apparently never had a photo shoot with Mcgregor or Christensen.

3. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Ah, I was gonna say. I thought the image was familiar, but then I considered the possibility that they simply restaged this photo:
    [​IMG]

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol no. But regardless, I can confirm Ashley is quite on the short side.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I still want to meet her. Frustrated as heck that I missed the opportunity to meet her not only at NYCC this past October, but when she was in Manhattan with E.K. Johnson, the author of the Ahsoka novel for the book's signing. :(

Edit: Ashley just put a photo montage on her "Her Universe" FB page of kids dressed up in photo ops with her at SWCO. I'd post if I knew I could here; considering I don't have permission. There's this one little girl in a "Ahsoka Lives" dress complete with her very own Ahsoka doll who's just too adorable for words.

6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah if that photo was legit I don't think those three would be standing like that. They would be standing with all three of them grouped together and not with Ahsoka standing off to the side.

Plus the obvious thing is like others have said neither Ewan or Hayden have done any promotions where they dressed up as Anakin and Obi Wan since 2005. And as we all know Ahsoka didn't exist yet at that time and she didn't exist with that particular outfit until 2010 or 2011.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That photoshopped image alone makes me want to see Ahsoka in a live action medium. Her costume looks good, so imagine the effort and detail the actor and their costume would receive on a movie set. I'm not sure the voice actor would be used on screen though.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Unless they would consider Ahsoka in the OT or even NT era, my guess is that they'd suggest Ashley is too old to play her :( I guess they could use the same type of motion-capture that they use in movies like LOTR and Avatar, where the character is completely different in size and shape than the actor playing/voicing him/her.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I agree. Although she would have to have quite a bit of make up and/or CGI work to be the character anyway, I'd say they could probably do it.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ashley doesn't look right.

Functionally speaking, Ahsoka is "black". (That is, while she's an alien, if you consider just her face as a human face, the features there match those of a person of African descent.) An extremely Anglo-Saxon faced actress like Ashley wouldn't work well, her look would always be just kinda off.

Of course, it's not enough just to look like Ahsoka - whoever is delivering the lines must also sound like Ahsoka, as we have known her. If they got an actress who pulled off the look accurately, and also had a vocal tone very close to Ashley, then she (this actress) could do it all herself. Alternatively if the actress had the right look, but her voice wasn't a good match, she could still be Ahsoka, but with her lines overdubbed by Ashley. They've already done it with a number of characters in live action SW. Case in point, Maul's lines in TPM were not voiced by Ray Park. Either way it's doable easily enough.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And then we never see her again? :p

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

[​IMG]

Again, it's not about not looking "right". Motion capture imagery works wonders. Think Andy Serkis as Gollum or King Kong. Think Sam Worthington in Avatar. Think Jeff Bridges as his younger self in Tron Legacy. They do a pretty good job in that regard.

14. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Maybe I'm biased because I've always imagined a live action Ahsoka looking like Ashley, but Ahsoka never looked 100% afro to me. She's not 100% anglo either, but she's more mulato to me. She looses the button nose and round face in adulthood.
    [​IMG]

This, in fact, seems to possibly be ontogeny in the Togrutan species, as the same can be seen in Ashla and Shaak Ti. Ashla has a button nose:
    [​IMG]

Whereas Shaak Ti has a thin nose:
    [​IMG]

MrDarth0 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  15. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I remember one interview when Dave said, that inspiration for Ahsoka's face came from Emily Browning.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't see the resemblance.

[​IMG]

17. ManWithoutAStar

Mar 19, 2017
  18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I see the resemblance. But TCW Ahsoka still looks more Lupita Nyong'o to me.

19. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Other than as a shape shifted wolf??? How do you think they reintroduce Ahsoka to the Rebels series? Or do you think it is their intention to include her into other media, and not reintroduce her to Rebels?

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'd much prefer the latter rather than the former. I'm not much of a fan for symbolism.

Oh, and here's something I've been advocating for for a long time: http://nerdist.com/why-ahsoka-tano-deserves-her-own-star-wars-comic/

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I would much prefer other media as well. The wolf thing has me really bugged if that turns out to be true. The more I think about it, the more I am against it.

I can't speak for everyone in here, but I would have rather have her meet her end as opposed to turning her into a Wolf. I love Wolves, but not sure how they could spin this one. But it is Dave Filoni, so no doubt he is already way ahead of us.

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  23. ManWithoutAStar

Mar 19, 2017
    Calling it, she IS the wolf.

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Weird, he once said Mortis was one big force vision. Like a massive ESB cave. I chalked the shapeshifting in Mortis to force vision weirdness, like Luke fighting and killing his doppleganger in ESB. Having Ahsoka have a Mortis like power would be a foolish path. It would further make us wonder what Mortis was and add unnecessary fantasy elements to the franchise.

Yes star wars got some fantasy stuff already in it. But that doesn't mean it has to become more like harry potter or *insert medieval style fantasy*

This dumb path could have been avoided if Filoni killed Ahsoka off already. Being killed by the man who trained her, a far better fate then becoming an Earth style huge wolf.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I think making us wonder if what happened on Mortis was real or not was the whole point of the arc both in and out of the universe. Anakin believed it was real while Obi-Wan didn't.