main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The way the studio audience reacted, specifically the cadence of the reaction matched against her words:

"...to try to get me in Star Wars", *silence so far* "to play Ahso..." *whoa! in the background* "...to play Ahsoka Tano" *Studio erupts into cheers and clapping.*

...reinforces my belief that those who insist that "putting TCW characters in live action movies won't work, 99% of casual fans don't know who Ahsoka etc. even are, they would just be like "huh?" if these characters showed up in a movie" are just flat out wrong.

People do know who they are, or at least who Ahsoka is. Sufficient pop culture penetration has been achieved to get a GMA audience to clap, whoop and holler at the prospect of Rosario playing Ahsoka Tano in a live action movie. And that's just great. :)

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    One thing a lot of people forget is that Ahsoka has already starred in a Star Wars theatrical movie.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    But not a live-action one ;)

5. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I love the audience reaction to Rosario's comments, even if they kinda drown out her saying "Ahsoka Tano!"

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah I think she's more popular than people believe if only judging by the reception of her book plus she technically was in a SW movie even if animated. Audience for TV series are lesser than for live action movies but not by much since there a whole new generation of new fans who are introduced by the TV shows and then maybe they'll watch the movies so it's not shocking to see that kind of reaction. Does that mean they'll do an Ahsoka movie next? Well the demand is there so it's possible though not before a while, maybe in the next decade?

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Valid point - and how many parents brought their kids to see the CW movie, and became CW fans themselves? I watched CW from the beginning, and Ahsoka grew on me, to the point where she became one of my favorite new characters. She is one of only a handful of PT/CW Jedi characters that I actively desire to see new content for.

Darth Marcia likes this.
  8. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Nah, a lot of people don’t know who Ahsoka is. Though admittedly, my perception comes from living in Japan, where although it’s a country with a very strong SW fanbase, it’s not extactly the same as in the US or UK I believe. TCW and Rebels are not exactly known even among the SW fans I talked to here.

That being said, if they inserted Ahsoka in a movie in the same way they did with Saw, that would work pretty well. Saw also never mentioned about Anakin or Obi-Wan in Rogue One which would have only made the non-hardcore fans unnecessarily confused. Those who happened to know who Saw was, got some extra enjoyment out of seeing him there.

But if it’s a movie with Ahsoka and Anakin, then there should be at least some flashbacks to when they first met or an explanation of how they came together. The general audience wouldn’t care, but the fan audience that is keeping up with the movies but is not paying attention to all the extended material would be extremely confused. I mean, I am a Star Wars fans and I read some Legends books in the past, but even I was blissfully unaware of Ahsoka until she appeared in Rebels.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That looks amazing! Now just give her that second lightsaber!

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Michael Strahan did make a pretty interesting point in that Star Wars and Dave Filoni started following her. It might mean nothing, but I do follow Dave Filoni, and he doesn't follow a whole lot of people. I keep seeing folks down playing this as nothing.

I'm calling it now, it will happen at some point. Contrary to popular belief. :D

11. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Ashoka in live-action looks scary please just let her appear in other things

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

How do you know what she looks like if she's never been in one before?

13. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    didn't you see during the clone wars animated movie back in 2008, they took offical pictures for the movie in live action and ashoka was one of them. this dose not mean i don't like her i do

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Meh, I thought Shaak Ti looked alright in live action. Sure it would take some times for adjustment but I don't think Ahsoka in live action would be that jarring or confusing for the audience. I'm sure people would be able to handle it.

15. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    member your right i mean all the aliens in star wars live action look good, i guess i will give it a chance

16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I was absolutely captivated when I saw Shaak Ti on the screen, and even more so when images of her were released in books. Considering that was 15 years ago, I imagine a live action version of Ahsoka would look even better now - lots of potential is there waiting to be tapped.

Darth Marcia likes this.
  17. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I kinda imagine a live action Ahsoka would combine fully practical shots with motion captured CGI. The montral / lekku assembly would undoubtedly have some weight to it, particularly the lekku, to make them move realistically as the actress walks. This would be OK for casual shots depicting Ahsoka walking around doing non-strenuous activity. But for fighting scenes, well... I'm wondering how exactly the thing would be anchored to the actress's head. I can't think of many things short of shaving her head and supergluing it to her scalp, that would ensure that whole piece stays in place. And obviously doing that would be out of the question. So I figure for the fight scenes, likely the actress or her stunt double would wear a motion capture suit, and the montrals / lekku would be added electronically. Complete with realistic lekku motion etc.

18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Don't the horns just stay stationary most of the time anyway? The only time I can think of them moving is when the Twilight flips in the movie, and her horns flop up.

So a Shaak Ti like set-up would be perfectly adequate.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    The horns don't move. But the head tails do. In order to have them moving in a realistic way they need a little weight to them - weight that might make it hard to anchor the piece to an actress's head when she's going to be doing fight scenes.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    so you all know I went to Celebration this year? Anyway I went with a friend who saw the Marvel panel and near the end they did a poll of who people wanted to get a comic. Ashoka resoundingly won. He was pretty surprised when he told me about all of this. So I would not be shocked if we get an Ashoka comic.

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, I read about that since they didn't stream the panel like it was planned to. It's possible we may get an Ahsoka miniseries since they know she's popular enough but again not before what they already planned to do.

24. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
  25. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Darth Valkyrus likes this.