main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    An educated guess, Ahsoka would be 60-70 if she appeared in the ST timeline.

2. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    it is just badly masked Shaak Ti from Grievous scene. it can be made with any professional editing program.

you can clearly see the gray floor from another scene around the character.

[​IMG]

~~~
    I know it cuz i do the same. but I don't try to trick someone.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  4. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    As I've said already : yes it's poorly edited but it was made by LFL.

Go see for yourself the list of deleted scenes, LFL even put in animatics on those blu-rays.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It's on the RoTS special features. Believe it even has a voice over by Lucas.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its an official animatic produced during the making of ROTS.

Originally, Shaak Ti was supposed to be killed by Grievous in the beginning of the movie, which is also why she's the main character protecting Palpatine in the old Clone Wars cartoon, then George changed his mind and she was supposed to be killed by Anakin during Order 66. But George changed his mind again (something he does often) and Shaak Ti's dead was cut from the movie completely, which is why she could appear in TFU.

Also, I wish we had more scenes from the Jedi Temple during Order 66. I could watch Clones slaughtering Jedi for hours.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Some searching on Google:

Ahsoka is 31 at the start of Star Wars Rebels*. If (correct me I am wrong), but the ST is 35 years after SWR, so Ahsoka would be 66. Give or take. The vision in TCW, is probably Ahsoka during Rebels timeline - if events were different.

*This is sketchy stuff. The boffins, who came up with this, have yet to calculate the precise dates of Rebels and some unaired TCW in relation to the timeline. So, could be out a few years.

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Ahsoka would be 70 at the time of TFA. The Wook has her being born in 36BBY which would be correct as she was 14 when she first entered into TCW and the TCW movie took place around the beginning of the war.

Not sure if there is any defined lifespan for Togruta's but I assume most humanoid species in Star Wars are meant to have similar lifespans to regular humans.

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

You would be correct.
    I think it is easier for them and doesn't make things too complicated.

10. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

I wish they would make things more complicated.

These are fictional aliens we're talking about after all. They can have an average lifespan of 30 or 300. They can have 12 different genders, totally alien form of procreation, etc.

But this is a problem of fictional movie aliens in general, not just for Star Wars. In books, authors have way more courage to experiment in developing aliens. In movies, every main character is just a human clone with different skin colour and maybe a horn or two.

revan772 likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Yoda's species are much longer lived than humans, with Yoda being 900 by the time of his death, and Yaddle being IIRC about 440 at the time of her apperance in TPM. Maz Kanata is even older than Yoda, presumably from a similarly long lived species. Wookiees are another species longer lived than humans, I'm not sure how long they can live but Chewie was about 200 by the time of the OT.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well at least it's not Star Trek

13. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    To add to this, TCW comics vaguely retconned Kel Dor lifespan to be measured in the hundreds of years rather than the previous numbers from whichever RPG book had them within a decade or so of humans.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    The funny thing about aliens in sci-fi generally, is that the more alien they look, the more likely they are to be bad guys, and vice versa. I guess aliens with human-like faces are more relatable, the audience can identify with them more easily. Totally unhuman creatures, not so much, in fact they are often likely to inspire fear, loathing and disgust.

If they are reptilian, insectoid or arachnid, them being the bad guys is almost guaranteed. Also, in the case of insectoid and arachnid type aliens, they are often depicted as having a hive mind, and being controlled by a queen or such like. Which is kinda stupid to me, since if they've evolved to the point of being spacefaring sentients they should be about as individualized as we are, rather than structured like bees or ants. This trope was played somewhat straight in SW with the Geonosians - an insectoid species, while they didn't actually seem to have a hive mind, they were definitely evil, and sure enough they had a big ole queen with an egg sack attached to her running things.

But I digress.

15. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

This sadly says a lot about our species and not in a good way...

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I preferred that post by Filoni far more than his previous vague one with Ahsoka's meeting with Bendu. I guess I was wrong to think that Ahsoka's training as a Padawan must have before Kanan came of age to begin training. Certainly a missed opportunity in Rebels to show a special PT era connection between the two.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I suspect, after Rebels finishes, we'll be getting a similar post-TCW YouTube video where Pablo and Dave might talk about lost stories.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Talk is cheap. I'd rather see new footage.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

We all would. But, limiting expectations is probably for the best.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I enjoy all of these drawings and "scenes" he creates, but how do they fit into the canon universe if they aren't part of a book, comic, TV series, etc? Does Pablo read Dave's tweets and then update some "archive"? lol I suppose social media is going to be a certain canon level at some point, just like the word of mouth from Lucas... Its a bit mind boggling when you think about it.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

They don't. But, hopefully, clarification is given on Rebels Recon and Pablo addresses it.

Or doesn't.

Either way, I'm putting these drawings on the level of Raven and Bane in TCW.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    “In my opinion, there's still a lot left to tell with Ahsoka" -Ashley Eckstein
    Also now she knows what's next for Ahsoka. [face_thinking]

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Is Ashley preggers? She looks to have put on a lot of weight in a short time.