main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Well that could be explained by Ahsoka just choosing not to tell him. Or even beyond that; maybe she didn't want to reveal the relationship she had with his father for Luke's sake, so it wouldn't even dawn on him to ask her.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    R2D2 also knew that Vader was Luke's father, and never told him. Why not? I don't know, but he must have had his reasons.

Ahsoka could have been similar. Maybe she feared he would run off searching for his father and be killed / turned.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Did anyone see the latest Supernatural episode? There was a TCW reference, and i think Jack was supposed to say Ahsoka but messed it up. ha ha

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I don't think they would go that route. If there is an eventual meeting between Luke and Ahsoka, my guess it would most likely be post ROTJ and I would imagine the first interactions they could have would be her discussing who she is and her relationship with Anakin and Padme.

At least that is what I would hope would happen. No secrets. Have them meet and form some sort of friendship.

5. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Off-topic, but he spent weeks in the swamps. Not days.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    TBH training from Ahsoka is probably not needed. A few days in the swamp with Yoda should be all that's required. Apparently if you're strong enough in the Force (and he was Anakin's son, so a total powerhouse) you can go from zero to very powerful with absolutely minimal training.

I mean, Rey.

7. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I think a good compromise would be a holocron training. Maybe Anakin and Ahsoka in it:

[​IMG]

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Never forget how this brought me to tears..

Grievousdude and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Same here. It was really the somber music in the background that put it over the edge of a traditional ending to an animated series. That instrumental piece would've brought Mozart to tears.

--------------------------------------------

Went to a local con today and saw this little thing on a vendor's table being sold with a few other SW characters. Yeah; as if I'd pass her by.

[​IMG]

revan772 and B99 like this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Interesting.

So the Wolf was able to transport the crew from one side of the planet to the other. I'm now thinking that the Convoree that was depicted in Ahsoka Topps cards functions in the same way [//Spoiler].

Maybe my crazy theory isn't so crazy after all...lol

revan772 likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    LOOK! A newly released clip from TLJ!

HA! Made you look! [face_laugh]

B99 likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hesitated for a sec. :p

13. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The Wolf could have brought Ahsoka from the Sith temple to... well, somewhere else? That is a good idea with what happened last episode.

14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah I'm leaning towards something like that, but I think it was the Convoree that functioned in the same manner. Perhaps the Animals are acting as some sort of Guide [//spoiler]

15. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    It didn't bring me to tears, but it ruined the whole show for me.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Why did it ruin the show for you?

17. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    First I need to say that I consider this episode arc to be the ending of the show, season 6 is more like a bonus for me. Second, and this goes out to everybody, this is all my perspective on it. No point in telling me I'm just an angry fanboy or whatever, I've heard it all already. Feel free to disagree though.

I used to have blu-rays of the first three seasons of TCW, I watched episodes regularly (and not just the ones where Ahsoka appears mind you). After season five ended I just couldn't watch it anymore, I felt no positive vibe from it, and here's why.

Like I said I consider the Wrong Jedi arc to be the ending of the show, and since the arc has a sad ending, the show has a sad ending. Don't say it isn't sad : the characters are sad, the scenery is sad and the music is sad (thought very well done). I've never watched a Star Wars movie, played a SW game or read a SW book that left such a bitter taste in my mouth. Star Wars used to be something that always cheered me up (as I believe it's meant to be), and the ending of TCW does the exact opposite. SW has always been to me about "the good guys win, the bad guys lose". In TCW nobody really win or lose : Ahsoka, Anakin and probably Obi-Wan are feeling down, the rest of the Council hasn't learned anything from what happened, and Palpatine is probably happy at the situation (so maybe he wins, but he didn't even have to do anything).

Another thing that bothers me : Ahsoka is supposed to be the hero of this arc (some even consider her to be true hero of the whole show, this is debatable), but IMO she's not. In any story, a hero manages to get out of a bad situation themselves. Sometimes they get some outside help but when it's over they can say "I made it out!". Ahsoka cannot say that. Despite all her efforts she didn't get out of this tight spot : Anakin got her out. Anakin is the true hero of that arc, Ahsoka was more like the damsel in distress (for once).

It's even gotten worse with the release of the novel Ahsoka (which I thought was good overall though). Because in it, it's revealed that Anakin "gave" her a regiment (I think) of clones for her to command. Now the whole Padawan arc had one advantage, it gave a solid explanation on how Ahsoka escaped Order 66 : there were no clones with her when it happened ; however the book changed that : she was in fact surrounded by clones ; so why did Filoni put her through all that ordeal, suffering, humiliation and disappointment if in the end she escapes Order 66 thanks to her skill and probably the help of Rex?

Okay, that about covers it. Hope it answers your question AT :)

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The book wasn't perfect, but as I've said before it served more to me as an "Ahsoka story" moreso than THE Ahsoka story. I agree with you that the ending of "fugutive arc" of TCW was very depressing. I just came to the conclusion that Anakin had to be there to support her because it would fit well into his own narrative over how he sees the errors of the Council as a whole and it shines one more light on his path towards the dark side. It's not to say the Dark Side would've supporter her cause either (ironically enough Palps was there as judge to throw the book at her), but Anakin couldn't see that far into the future.

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's not from the novel, right?

21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It is.
    [​IMG]

According to that site, the Ahsoka doll seems to have been pushed back to February 2018.
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSC3520

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh, not "the" novel lol.

Ugh. Are you serious? It's the one FOD doll that I was looking forward to.

23. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Same, I will happily purchase any Ahsoka merch. :) I need that doll too lol. But do not take third party vendors like this as pure fact, they usually push back a bit to be safe and stuff gets pushed up if need be. I just got Fenn Rau and Bistan figures from that same site at the end of October, and the release date was initially for December. So I would expect her in stores sooner then later. :ahsoka:

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just found this picture posted on a "women of Star Wars" facebook page. There's no credit to the artist except for the obscure link on the bottom.

[​IMG]

Vialco and MrDarth0 like this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Dang, that is quite good.